Unity Bonfire [v0.67.0] [Hogswild Prasetto]

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes

Yolomeus

Apr 17, 2020
its a real shame the performance in this game gets worse with every patch..... i used to get solid 50 frames not long ago, now its down to 30

Reactions: NMGNT

BigDaddyFrog

Oct 6, 2020
thats the first thing i tried, still with everything turned down and running it at 1366 ✕ 768 still gives me barley 50 frames
Yeah, that resolution kind of screams Laptop user.
Unless it's a relatively new Laptop (2 years) or it used to be a super expensive model with lots of RAM, VRAM and a dedicated graphics unit, you cannot expect it to play newer games, let alone indie games which usually do not get professional optimizations.

If you want you can use "MSI Afterburner" to determine what's limiting your experience, here is a guide on how to set it up:

My guess would be you either run into your RAM limit or your graphics units VRAM is full when playing.

On my PC I get stable 60 FPS when I turn the foliage off.

Reactions: Yolomeus

Roegadyn69

Dec 27, 2020
hi can someone help me, when i run the game my screen goes black after the patreon logo, i can ear the game music and move the curser but my screen stay black and i can't do nothing.

Yolomeus

Apr 17, 2020
Yeah, that resolution kind of screams Laptop user.
Unless it's a relatively new Laptop (2 years) or it used to be a super expensive model with lots of RAM, VRAM and a dedicated graphics unit, you cannot expect it to play newer games, let alone indie games which usually do not get professional optimizations.

If you want you can use "MSI Afterburner" to determine what's limiting your experience, here is a guide on how to set it up:

My guess would be you either run into your RAM limit or your graphics units VRAM is full when playing.

On my PC I get stable 60 FPS when I turn the foliage off.
unfortunately i already tried everything, played with the settings and resolutions as i said
But thanks for the help anyways
btw i use a desktop pc with a gtx 1650 and i already use MSI Afterburner daily for Undervolting and for general monitoring

BigDaddyFrog

Oct 6, 2020
hi can someone help me, when i run the game my screen goes black after the patreon logo, i can ear the game music and move the curser but my screen stay black and i can't do nothing.
You have to keep clicking.
For some reason he made it so that the screen only advances if you click rather than it automatically fading from screen to screen until the menu appears.

• Angry
Reactions: FluffyDaemon

NMGNT

Jun 4, 2021
I thought I was the only one who's been noticing the game is harder to run with each update. My RAM maxes out the moment I start the game. Before, I was able to run the game with no problems. What gives?

Alpha Gruis

Dec 10, 2019
Question. What are the current system requirements for the current versions?
Seems each version gets heavier and heavier, and my computer doesn't have a graphics card installed yet.

NMGNT

Jun 4, 2021
Question. What are the current system requirements for the current versions?
Seems each version gets heavier and heavier, and my computer doesn't have a graphics card installed yet.
I don't think there's any listed system requirements. Only thing I've seen is that you can mess with the graphics settings if the game takes too much of a toll on your PC. Another method is to delete the game and download the new update reach time you update the game.

shinghan

Feb 1, 2021
Does loading the game start at the beginning for anyone? No matter where I save, it just loads me back to the starting position.

NMGNT

Jun 4, 2021
Does loading the game start at the beginning for anyone? No matter where I save, it just loads me back to the starting position.
You're always going to start at the start circle no matter where you last saved at when you open the game.

keys2221

Jul 5, 2023
Does anyone know where to go for the Celick quest in the caves? We went exploring and I missed something. I ask him for help and he leads me a few feet and stops, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do? I can have him follow me, have him wait, or mark a spot for him to go to but I'm so confused. I hope that makes sense, I just started replaying so I forgot a lot of whats happening.

RenZReh

May 16, 2018
The last update literally broke the game.

I'm certainly glad that the memory drain was fixed a few patches ago, BUT.
Constant stretching of textures here and there, tiled textures. The light from the sun, stars, and other stuff still passes through any obstacles in the form of mountains and rocks. It especially kills when it starts in the morning and you look toward the rising sun - eyes.
Also in the recent patch is missing the stability of the game and it's constantly somehow twitching, it's not microfreezes or lags, the picture itself twitches when you move. I also want to ask, which of you have faced with the fact that the LODs in the game just went crazy and can disappear right in front of your face? Running on the field and in front of you for a couple of seconds disappears piece of location as a wave in the form of loading zones after which all seems to be back to normal.

Well, as always half of the patch sheet consists of the right online mode while the game itself will stomp on the ground for almost 10 years. (Why is there still no normal graphics setup in the game?)

Just spaghetti code more and more reminds himself with each patch.

The developer needs to cut out OpenGL rendering out of the game like a cancer and add DirectX 11 (Not 12, this piece of shit won't save anything, just like the DirectX 10 which no one remembers at all) or Vulcan.

And one more thing. Why the hell is this game eating 100% of my video card. Is the 1060 at 6 gigs a joke for this game or what? What's there to gobble up so many resources.

UPD: In this game also need to add a sprint or reduce the size of the location by 3-4 times. The map is unnecessarily bloated to a ridiculous size and the developer literally says, "If you want to find something in it. Run around the location for 10 hours, snooping everything up and down to find the next shoes / sandals.
I would also like to say that in the many years since the addition of genies and transformations. Until now, a normal rollback of the appearance was not made in the game. It works, but crooked and not always.
There is no normal system of saving progress, all done through an awful lot of crutches.
And you also like to start literally everything from scratch with every game update because something can go wrong?
Also, half of what is on the list of updates is related to the online mode. (Naturally, why develop the game in principle if you can add multiplayer in which people somehow entertain themselves. And that more than half of what is in the game was done in the first year or two since its creation).

I don't care. What does it matter that I'm being indignant about it? Nothing will change anyway.

Last edited:

RenZReh

May 16, 2018
Does anyone know where to go for the Celick quest in the caves? We went exploring and I missed something. I ask him for help and he leads me a few feet and stops, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do? I can have him follow me, have him wait, or mark a spot for him to go to but I'm so confused. I hope that makes sense, I just started replaying so I forgot a lot of whats happening.
When he brings you to the cave (after the cutscene in its first entrance where they talk about the spirits\elementals, you got me), you are free to walk and you have to walk through the cave with him.

RenZReh

May 16, 2018

A direct link to the latest version of the game, right from the patreon page (Where exactly? About Hogswild Prasetto > Show More)
(For those who don't know where to download from, these messages pop up from time to time here)

Reactions: meade917
4.40 star(s) 10 Votes