RPGM Boy Hero Ken: Curing Grandpa's Illness [2015-10-05] [Sixth Flowerbed]

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
Yo lads and lasses! since it's been a while and my promised translation is a bit overdue, i wanted to give you a small status and situation update.

I was busy AF the last couple weeks (with my actual job) and still have some major projects to lead and obviously deliver. Since I'm a father of two cute little princess', I need to set at least some priorities in my life. Also, I was informed two weeks ago, that my own father has cancer and will be operated in about a month from now. So yeah... I got my ass full right now...

Let's get to the point:
In spite of all the sh*t that's going on in my life right now, I still managed to work a wee bit on the translation and I'm currently (but also unfortunately only :cry:) at about 63% of the translation nonetheless.
If possible, I'll finish the rest this w'end. Also, just to clarify, I'm a bit of a perfectionist at times (although I'm actually a lazy piece of sh*t, when not at work), so I'll obviously do a play-testing as well. Simultaneously, I can check the text and, where required, wrap the dialogue correctly, to that everything is readable.

Hence, I'll surely need more time... :HideThePain: And in sight of the aforementioned, I can't even tell you the "ETA". In behalf of that, I apologize for the downer and thank you for the understanding. *prostrating*

Cheers!

Fleshy (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
I did some digging around an it seems like MrFleshstick is doing a proper TL of the game.

https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...-the-boy-brave-man-ken-grandpa-no-maki.24590/

I've messaged him about this thread so whenever he completes the translation, I'll update it here when he shares it.

May 21, 2018
Dang, I've been bamboozled. At first glance, I thought that Haunted House Investigation had risen from its ashes to be released in a finally complete form with a new title and polish, saving it from languishing in generic mediocrity at last. Only to find that it's just an unearthed prototype emerging from the obscure corners of the internet. Very cool for digital preservation, which I'm all for. Less cool for Boy Hero Ken, who is still condemned to remain an unfinished, mediocre, generic entry in its genre. Unfortunate.

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
Dang, I've been bamboozled. At first glance, I thought that Haunted House Investigation had risen from its ashes to be released in a finally complete form with a new title and polish, saving it from languishing in generic mediocrity at last. Only to find that it's just an unearthed prototype emerging from the obscure corners of the internet. Very cool for digital preservation, which I'm all for. Less cool for Boy Hero Ken, who is still condemned to remain an unfinished, mediocre, generic entry in its genre. Unfortunate.
I feel your pain on that but you could follow up on this if it gets to see the light of day:

Especially if HouseCat07 who said he was finishing that game's third ending actually follows through with it.
https://f95zone.to/threads/boy-hero...020-11-22-sixth-flowerbed.67015/post-12832084

EnterYourNameHere

Mar 16, 2022
View attachment 3398480

Overview:
You are Ken, the boy Hero! Today you find out that your Grandpa has contracted a mysterious illness. In order to cure this illness, your Grandpa sends you on a quest to gather ingredients for a wonder medicine. During your quest, your childhood friend decides to take care of Grandpa's wellbeing until the medicine is completed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2024-03-01
Release Date: 2024-03-01
Developer: Sixth Flowerbed
Censored: Yes
Version: Final
Language: English (MTL)
Genre:

Installation:

Uploader Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD - - -

View attachment 3398509 View attachment 3398510 View attachment 3398511 View attachment 3398512 View attachment 3398513 View attachment 3398514 View attachment 3398515 View attachment 3398516 View attachment 3398517 View attachment 3398518
Are you sure the game is completed? There are just too many "not implemented" to be marked as completed -.-

gang26XD

Feb 12, 2020
Bruh finally someone translated this sht i have been waiting for so long even though i had already tried the raw one in the past : |

Reactions: Versace217

inye59

May 9, 2020
You need the D-pad buttons for it. It doesn't have mouse support. Or are you facing any other problems? I can run it just fine on Joiplay.
A question for other games . many japanese games I can't playthem in joiplay. like darkelf historia etc. any i deas? the others I play them without any issues

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
A question for other games . many japanese games I can't playthem in joiplay. like darkelf historia etc. any i deas? the others I play them without any issues
It might be that the Game Engine Version is not supported by Joiplay. I myself have encountered a couple of games that weren't able to run on Joiplay even though they were RPG and that was because it was a different version of RPG. I looked at Dark Elf Historia and it seems that it's using a different version of the Engine. Hope that answers your question.

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
This might help, I found it in the same game thread you mentioned:

The bug fix and patching guide + mod guide.
If you think it is a good patch you can request the uploader to include a link to it in the opening post.
You can search when inside a thread with words like fix or patch to find stuff easier in the future.

As said in this post it is a known issue with most ONEONE1 games that has not been resolved to my knowledge.
The error you got is because the game can't find the "main.rvdata2" file it needs to work, since this is not a standard file included with rpgmaker but an add-on that joiplay doesn't recognize and doesn't pack properly.
As I said above you can find these answers by searching the thread with a word like joiplay:

Reactions: inye59