tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
the long explanation about why the dev rage-quit the project can be explained by saying:
The game was leaked so fast that he wasn't getting any new patreons/money, or not enough to really continuing a project that was just a few releases from being finished(at least the main stuff)

The dev even asked to wait a couple of days before leaking the game here(he was okay with it...just at his own terms) and from what i know, even the f95-admins were okay with this agreement...but apparently not everyone got the memo...
I did the math when the game was first abandoned, we was getting about the average amount of supporters for the length of time the patreon was open, and was on track to make $600 a month at the 12 month mark (assuming no increase in sub rate); it's been 4 months since and he's still making $20 a month on nothing.

There are several games here that have a special text in their OP "We do not condone our patreon content being shared but have decided to remain here anyway." That's what this site is. If your product is good, then the people here will sub because they enjoyed it, ideas like exclusivity are not what get you patreons.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
I did the math when the game was first abandoned, we was getting about the average amount of supporters for the length of time the patreon was open, and was on track to make $600 a month at the 12 month mark (assuming no increase in sub rate); it's been 4 months since and he's still making $20 a month on nothing.

There are several games here that have a special text in their OP "We do not condone our patreon content being shared but have decided to remain here anyway." That's what this site is. If your product is good, then the people here will sub because they enjoyed it, ideas like exclusivity are not what get you patreons.
I was a patron back in 2020 summer and he was not getting 600$ monthly, I do believe he got there on a single month but then it came back down, he wasn't making half that by the time he quit.

Regardless, knowing F95 I think it was a given it was going to get posted here as soon as it was available.
I went to check and his patreon is still up as you said but wtf is this?!

1613753487136.png

This was posted yesterday wtf

• Thinking Face
Reactions: longsuper1

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I was a patron back in 2020 summer and he was not getting 600$ monthly, I do believe he got there on a single month but then it came back down, he wasn't making half that by the time he quit.

Regardless, knowing F95 I think it was a given it was going to get posted here as soon as it was available.

View attachment 1044368

Either new game or considering coming back?

Honestly tho? i saw games that aren't leaked and games like this one that are leaked on day one(based on what the dev told us)...so go figure...i gave up arguing u.u

Reactions: SnowyFrost

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
Either new game or considering coming back?

Honestly tho? i saw games that aren't leaked and games like this one that are leaked on day one(based on what the dev told us)...so go figure...i gave up arguing u.u
There's no point in arguing about it after all.
Hopefully, it's good news!

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Hopefully he didn't purge everything when he left. I've known some artists that just remove everything and when they come back they have to start from scratch.

Guess we'll see if Braveheart comes back or he starts up a new project.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Hopefully he didn't purge everything when he left. I've known some artists that just remove everything and when they come back they have to start from scratch.

Guess we'll see if Braveheart comes back, or he starts up a new project.
I mean, he shared most of his content with us, character models, the entire arcs of the main girls (but without the epilogues/endings) i mean...worst case scenario he could download his own stuff and go back to work u.u

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I mean, he shared most of his content with us, character models, the entire arcs of the main girls (but without the epilogues/endings) i mean...worst case scenario he could download his own stuff and go back to work u.u
Either way I'm curious what will happen. He doesn't just make a post on Patreon labeled 2021 without a reason behind it. I'm hoping he does come back and finishes Braveheart but I'm open to whatever really.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020

View attachment 1044368

What I said was that he had an average number of subs for how long the patreon was open (About $300 a little bit after the cancellation) and that he would have been at $600 (unless a big swing either way) at 1 year, about 2 months from now.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
Either way I'm curious what will happen. He doesn't just make a post on Patreon labeled 2021 without a reason behind it. I'm hoping he does come back and finishes Braveheart but I'm open to whatever really.
I do hope its Braveheart, it also makes sense being Sophia on the image!

What I said was that he had an average number of subs for how long the patreon was open (About $300 a little bit after the cancellation) and that he would have been at $600 (unless a big swing either way) at 1 year, about 2 months from now.
I understand now, yeah I agree with you.
The game was good, had its flaws for sure but it sure was a nice experience.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020

View attachment 1044368

I really hope Chrys would reconsider his decision and start working for this game again, this game was too good to just simply being abandon and throw away.

• Love

ianmoritzp

Feb 4, 2020
I really hope Chrys would reconsider his decision and start working for this game again, this game was too good to just simply being abandon and throw away.
right now who cares, he will throw a hissy fit again if the game comes out at the same time in this site, i hope he doesnt do anything, and leaves it abandoned

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
IDK, I think it would almost be better for them to just like make up a new dev name and started over on something new so that no one knew it was him. With the way that everything happened there are a lot of people here now who wouldn't trust him enough to donate anymore. The biggest requirement that I see from users here on if they donate or not is trusting that a dev will continue work on the project. That's why most projects don't really start getting support until after several updates; unless the dev is already known/trusted/loved. Throwing a temper tantrum and burning your game to the ground in response to a leak does the opposite of build trust.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
right now who cares, he will throw a hissy fit again if the game comes out at the same time in this site, i hope he doesnt do anything, and leaves it abandoned
IDK, I think it would almost be better for them to just like make up a new dev name and started over on something new so that no one knew it was him. With the way that everything happened there are a lot of people here now who wouldn't trust him enough to donate anymore. The biggest requirement that I see from users here on if they donate or not is trusting that a dev will continue work on the project. That's why most projects don't really start getting support until after several updates; unless the dev is already known/trusted/loved. Throwing a temper tantrum and burning your game to the ground in response to a leak does the opposite of build trust.
Yeah! Look like Chrys had no choice but to changing name and rework his game into a new project after what happen and leave this one abandon, even though I really want to see the ending content for Braveheart academy. He did burn the bridge and destroy his patreon trust so even if some would still come back and support Dev again it would still not like before, but I'm still want to see his next move after the post so let just wait and see how it will goes after that

Reactions: Cernunnos.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Braveheart Academy is coming back.

Chrys is owning up to what happened and looks to be intent on finishing Braveheart Academy now. Great news!

TL;DR - Too Long; Didn't Read
"I am planning to finish the game. If I end up eventually working on a different title I also do not intend to go under a different name, I want to own up to my past.

Unlike a couple of people have commented, I didn't quit because of people leaking the game. It was a culmination of reasons, a good amount of them being real life stuff. F95 just happened to be tipping point and got a lot of undeserved hate for it from my part. Sorry about that.

I have since reflected on the situation and life has been a bit better. There's also people still supporting me here and on patreon despite my actions. I want to finish what I started but without any appointed dates or time limits, but I will start working around summer. "

4.30 star(s) 87 Votes