EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
It's what you have to do in that mission:
"To achieve that goal, sell them as many whores, concubines, slaves and pets as possible and let them suffer as much as possible."
Soranus even helps you with that goal. Forgot to add that line in the description when you have Soranus, but the code for increasing suffer instead of reducing it is in the game.
I will try that one again in another playthrough as I don't trust my memory about what happened.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I will try that one again in another playthrough as I don't trust my memory about what happened.
I just had an idea where i could add some more text to show that Soranus helps in that mission. Will be similiar to Big Horse and the watch event.
I'll add that to the next update.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Got all the way through. The thing I need to redo is the rogues mission to make sure I'm understanding it correctly

erkan

Nov 14, 2017
Found a wierd bug (running either firefox or chrome): when I start my computer, load a game with achievements unlocked and then restart to get the acievements applied (like lvl 4 at start) they all show upp as incomplet, even if i play a few weeks before restarting.

Achievments earned after starting my pc keep the green checkmark but i get no goons on area1 from Top Dog (might be working as intended tough).

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Found a wierd bug (running either firefox or chrome): when I start my computer, load a game with achievements unlocked and then restart to get the acievements applied (like lvl 4 at start) they all show upp as incomplet, even if i play a few weeks before restarting.
Thank you. I looked into it and it seems the method i use to save achievements is connected to your browsers memory only.
There is another way that should also save it in save files when i understand it correctly. I have to experiment with that and try to find a solution.

Achievments earned after starting my pc keep the green checkmark but i get no goons on area1 from Top Dog (might be working as intended tough).
It's intended. You need free seats in one of your cars to take staff with you now.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Early on, the rogues gain about 2 corruption / girl sold to them, and lose about the same happiness when one breaks down.
I got the rogues to about 75 or so corruption, and the happiness started going up as well when I sold them a girl.
Further sales would seem to work against my goal, so I just have to wait for breakdowns to occur from here on out ?

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
What is
"Bonus objectives:
Solve the rougue [sic] problem without violence. " ?

The "goad" option states that it is violent. I've got the rogues corruption to 100 and happiness is 90. I was expecting some other option to show up.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
What is
"Bonus objectives:
Solve the rougue [sic] problem without violence. " ?

The "goad" option states that it is violent. I've got the rogues corruption to 100 and happiness is 90. I was expecting some other option to show up.
corruption 100, happines 0
When you have that, the message at end of turn will be different

Corruptiion higher than happines is the minimum requirement which leads to goad, otherwise you cannot goad at all

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
It's unclear to me how that is supposed to be possible, if my selling girls to the rogues (to increase corruption) ALSO increased happiness when corruption is beyond about 75 or so. I'm already training girls as fast as I can and don't have a lot of spare time if I'm to reach 100 corruption.

EDIT: Would it help if I go back to Anarchy ? I'm usually running Communism at that point.

Last edited:

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
It's unclear to me how that is supposed to be possible, if my selling girls to the rogues (to increase corruption) ALSO increased happiness when corruption is beyond about 75 or so. I'm already training girls as fast as I can and don't have a lot of spare time if I'm to reach 100 corruption.

EDIT: Would it help if I go back to Anarchy ? I'm usually running Communism at that point.
Every time a girl dies/ gets nuts happyness falls.
Since they sell you food and materials, just sell a few girls as fast as possible and buy material, increase prison (and other stuff you want/need). Buying from them decreases corruption, therefore you should avoid it. Doesn't matter when corruption is very low anyway. Therefore buying materials early on doesn't matter. Then sell them girls, preferable slaves, raise corruption to 100 as fast as possible, while using torture/humiliation. I tried it 3 times and you can finish it around day 35. Once i tried with communism, but council rule is probably easiest, since +1 stamina and medium suffer. But second time i tried with council rule i didn't even use reeducation since i tested supplies and built streets and used my second company on supply missions. I never had David though, he helps somewhat too.
You should use torture training most of the time when you have trouble, since it's best for suffer. Stop selling girls when corruption is maxed, otherwise you just increase happiness.

EDIT: Just take the math. Selling a girl increases corruption 2 or 3, which means you have to sell them 50 girls, but more likely less, even when you buy some materials. Evry time a girl goes nuts, happiness falls about 6 points, which means from those 50 girls, about 20 has to die, go crazy. You can get a girl go crazy nearly every round with reeducation and a lot of torture every round.

Last edited:

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I have to buy a microphone since mine is broken, but i want to make a few tutorials for the game, download is optional.
In those i will give help for new players, but also explain how training and so on is done and give some tips too.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019

I tried to fix it. Just replace the file with your html. Please tell me if this works for you. For me it's fine, but the solution i used before was fine too,therfore it would be good to know if it's better for you.
When this solution works, i will update the next game version to this.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
EDIT: Just take the math. Selling a girl increases corruption 2 or 3, which means you have to sell them 50 girls, but more likely less, even when you buy some materials. Evry time a girl goes nuts, happiness falls about 6 points, which means from those 50 girls, about 20 has to die, go crazy. You can get a girl go crazy nearly every round with reeducation and a lot of torture every round.
I carried as much gold as I could from the previous stage, and converted it to building materials to rank up the prison ASAP. I converted to Council Rule as soon as I got a science lab. I wasn't able to get corruption to 100 until week 37, and at that point happiness is 90. I have to do at least some scouting since I'm running a food deficit (despite researching tools and fertilizer) and need a steady supply of trainees. Even with re-education going and torture I can't seem to get a breakdown fast enough to get happiness to zero (will need 15 breakdowns, not enough weeks left).

Can you get more than one breakdown a week ?

EDIT: managed to get corruption to 100 on week 27, but still couldn't get happiness down to 0 by week 52 (because it'll be at 100 because of all the girls sold) and will need AT LEAST 16 weeks if you NEVER MISS A WEEK ...).

EDIT: Can't seem to get corruption to 100 before week 27. Now it's week 50 and they still have 18 happiness, so it's not possible to do as it only checks at the END of week and you can't get more than one a week.

Will try again tomorrow, I've had it for today.

Last edited:

erkan

Nov 14, 2017
I tried to fix it. Just replace the file with your html. Please tell me if this works for you. For me it's fine, but the solution i used before was fine too,therfore it would be good to know if it's better for you.
When this solution works, i will update the next game version to this.
It did'nt work but it's not that big a deal, i just edited the reset achievments button temporarily to give me the ones i already got.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
It did'nt work but it's not that big a deal, i just edited the reset achievments button temporarily to give me the ones i already got.
You have to earn all the achievements again of course. I meant If they still get reset with the new fix.
You could test it fast by earning the achievement where get 1 Level at start.

erkan

Nov 14, 2017
I havent tried restarting my potato computer yet, but with the verison you posted yesterday womanizer and seer both seem broken. I get no notification or checkmark for seer. Womaniser runs notification at end of turn for several turns but I get no green checkmark. Defiler and Pro both work tough :confused:.

Edit: the checkmarks now apply, wierd.

Last edited:

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
I havent tried restarting my potato computer yet, but with the verison you posted yesterday womanizer and seer both seem broken. I get no notification or checkmark for seer. Womaniser runs notification at end of turn for several turns but I get no green checkmark. Defiler and Pro both work tough :confused:.

Edit: the checkmarks now apply, wierd.
checkmarks aren't added for most achievements instantly, but will appear after restart. Only defiler and pro are finished.
When they are still there after a restart, i change everything that it runs smooth.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Suggestion : During Blackwood Mountains, add an option to the HQ beside the "visit Castle Black" to "check Castle Black spy report". This would provide a way to check the status without spending an action, useful when you've loaded a save and don't remember.

Similarly, a report available at HQ reminding you what last turn's food deficit/surplus was.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Suggestion : During Blackwood Mountains, add an option to the HQ beside the "visit Castle Black" to "check Castle Black spy report". This would provide a way to check the status without spending an action, useful when you've loaded a save and don't remember.
good idea, i disliked that too

Similarly, a report available at HQ reminding you what last turn's food deficit/surplus was.
I planned from the beginning to add some kind of overview for all resources, but there was always more important stuff to do.
Before i do that, i want to make a better loyalty/humility report first. However, iam planning to change those again, since devotion and fanaticism is too strong. It's basically impossible to have any escapees with not even having the max value and zero loyalty or zero humility.

I also tried to make a tutorial video today, but my hardware is that old, that i pretty fast reached it's limits. Not sure if i can make one in a decent quality.

Last edited:

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
FINALLY managed the non-violent overthrow of Castle Black, but I needed lucky results (victims giving up other girls) and a little bit of save-scumming, because I got to a point where even one missed breakdown would fail the mission.

EDIT: is it intentional that in the garage you can add goons, slaves, scientists, wardens and pets, but not whores or concubines ?

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes