Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
FINALLY managed the non-violent overthrow of Castle Black, but I needed lucky results (victims giving up other girls) and a little bit of save-scumming, because I got to a point where even one missed breakdown would fail the mission.

EDIT: is it intentional that in the garage you can add goons, slaves, scientists, wardens and pets, but not whores or concubines ?
No, i look into it, i was buisy to change devotion and fanaticism mechanics.

erkan

Nov 14, 2017
Found something related to previous achievment bug: rookie and pro work fine but expert does not unlock for some reason, even tough it says expert unlocked at end turn when restarting it is not unlocked and character level is 3.

also on an unrelated note Giant actually sucks pretty bad: since you start at level 14 you are stuck at max 4 stamina (with +2 booster and government) basically forever since you have no intelligence and need 200+xp to level again. Youthfull is hands down best trait, if lucky/savescumming/got research bonus you can stay below 21 forever by spending research points once a year and thus have 7!! stamina (5+trait+govt.). Thus you can have basically double the stamina of giant and since you level by spending stamina quickly catch up, this also crushes liberal since 52 actions per map >>1 refugee/turn

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Found something related to previous achievment bug: rookie and pro work fine but expert does not unlock for some reason, even tough it says expert unlocked at end turn when restarting it is not unlocked and character level is 3.
I know that it is not working properly since it isn't finished yet, i explained that before. The question was, does the achievements still reset or not? That's what this was all about.

also on an unrelated note Giant actually sucks pretty bad: since you start at level 14 you are stuck at max 4 stamina (with +2 booster and government) basically forever since you have no intelligence and need 200+xp to level again.
Giant is for experienced players and is pretty strong, since you can easily get +100 fear. It is meant to be a challenge

Youthfull is hands down best trait, if lucky/savescumming/got research bonus you can stay below 21 forever by spending research points once a year and thus have 7!! stamina (5+trait+govt.).
Ageing is not really implemented yet, but it's the skill that makes the game easiest. But since it's a one player game, it doesn't have to be balanced.

Thus you can have basically double the stamina of giant and since you level by spending stamina quickly catch up, this also crushes liberal since 52 actions per map >>1 refugee/turn
The advantage of liberal is not only the extra girl, it's the minus humility, the extra girl helps to balance the different playstyle that comes with it somewhat.

erkan

Nov 14, 2017
I know that it is not working properly since it isn't finished yet, i explained that before. The question was, does the achievements still reset or not? That's what this was all about.
Yes when loading games now and then restarting the achievments seem to follow along so the fix seems to work.

Giant is for experienced players and is pretty strong, since you can easily get +100 fear. It is meant to be a challenge
yeah high taming stats is kinda good but still IMO a net negative as you are stuck at low stamina, I'd rather have 5 stamina at level 3 and then spend points on other stuff than being stuck at 3 stamina basically forever with giant. But I get your point: alternative playstyle options are nice to have.

The advantage of liberal is not only the extra girl, it's the minus humility, the extra girl helps to balance the different playstyle that comes with it somewhat.
Here I seem to be missing something: what is the point of low humility, dose it have any gameplay use other than girls try to run away?

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Yes when loading games now and then restarting the achievments seem to follow along so the fix seems to work.
Good to hear, then i will change everything to this. I want the game for all proper to work.

Here I seem to be missing something: what is the point of low humility, dose it have any gameplay use other than girls try to run away?
No ;)
But you can increase chances to catch girls. It's basically another option to train girls for free.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Here are all achievements changed how they will be remembered. If you experience any bug, please let me know. It may be better to reset all achievements, but i don't know if it is necessary.

Be warned, there are also some changes to how fanaticism and devotion works now. It's not completed yet, loyalty may show different results than there actually are.

All that will be in next update too.

erkan

Nov 14, 2017
Here are all achievements changed how they will be remembered. If you experience any bug, please let me know. It may be better to reset all achievements, but i don't know if it is necessary.

Be warned, there are also some changes to how fanaticism and devotion works now. It's not completed yet, loyalty may show different results than there actually are.

All that will be in next update too.
found the expert not unlocking bug:
<<if (($pcLvl is 4 and $pcXP gte 16) or ($pcLvl gte 5)) and $area.level gte 3>>
<<run memorize ('achieve001', 2)>>
<<set $achieve001 to recall('achieve001')>>
<<notify>>achv EXPERT unlocked<</notify>>

this should be:
<<run memorize ('achieve001', 3)>>

(also: lol @ auto smiley in my pasted code)

Edit: preety sure this is also wrong:

/* Infamous */
<<if $fanaticism gte 50 and $achieve007 isnot true>>
<<run memorize ('achieve006', true)>> should be: ('achieve007', true)
<<set $achieve007 to recall('achieve007')>>
<<notify>>achv INFAMOUS unlocked<</notify>>
<</if>>

Last edited:

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
It took me a while since i was seriously ill for some time. I didn't add mission 4, but i did the following:

Beta v8 (10.10.21)
- code for achievements changed (better stability in all browsers, achievements may have to be reset to avoid bugs)
- fanaticism/devotion works as intended now (a minimum of male/female subjects that will s´tay no matter what and also influence others somewhat)
- hq events for concubines added (since concubines are useful now); probably has to be balanced a little better
- many smaller issues solved and bugs terminated

Next update:
- mission 4
- I also want to give more options for population control

Last edited:

hanahsolo

Dec 21, 2018
Sorry, i forgot to add a line. It should work now, but you have to start a new game.

Just replace html with attached file
still getting stuck, this time i got couple men from exploring so there was food info (there was [undefined] text above food box) But after that comes box that say " Your concubines see it as their duty to support you in every way they possibly can. " Even if you don't have any girls. That makes us stuck.

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
still getting stuck, this time i got couple men from exploring so there was food info (there was [undefined] text above food box) But after that comes box that say " Your concubines see it as their duty to support you in every way they possibly can. " Even if you don't have any girls. That makes us stuck.
Sorry, i forgot to test from a restart, only tried different saves. It will take a few minutes

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
You are sure you restarted the game with the new html-file? Because then it should work like intended.

However, use this then not even a restart should be necessary

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes