dstrs76

Mar 19, 2019
please make save file work with any version because have to start from beginning cant start where i left old version whats the point playing other version if save file dont work

Reactions: Rystvalya

rhelives

Aug 7, 2017
You can use a to make your old save the current version. Haven't done it in a while, but should still work. Although if you're bring a real old save like one without the spirit form might be problems.

Reactions: ThatFeelTemp

meguimo35

Aug 21, 2019
You can use a to make your old save the current version. Haven't done it in a while, but should still work. Although if you're bring a real old save like one without the spirit form might be problems.
can you tell how to use this editor to use an old save in the new version

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
WTH Not compatible!!! I last played this in October on version 722A, now that save is not compatible??? Screw this.

meguimo35

Aug 21, 2019
WTH Not compatible!!! I last played this in October on version 722A, now that save is not compatible??? Screw this.
I was able to use the old save but not to change its spirit shape whenever I tried the game hangs
my old save version 715A

meguimo35

Aug 21, 2019
edit your saved game on this site >>>>
you have to change the version to 29 >>> version 726
from what I saw you won't be able to change your spirit form

Last edited:

Rystvalya

Aug 24, 2019
please make save file work with any version because have to start from beginning cant start where i left old version whats the point playing other version if save file dont work
I cannot second this enough. I have spent an objectively stupid amount of time custom breeding specific stock and developed a naming system. I shouldn't have done any of this but I also don't think I could do it again...

Jun 17, 2018
I have a problem when i extract the game there is no BOTN.exe but there is a Radiant.exe, when I press it black window opens up and stays like that forever not starting the game.

Caxx

Aug 1, 2018
change version from save file to 30 and your save will be compatible with version 0.727 Alpha.
(save location - C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Radiant\Saved\SaveGames)

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
Editing your old save file to work with the current version will not always work and when the changes are significant enough it cannot work. I understand the frustration, but don't forget this is a work in progress. The reason the saves do not work is because there were additions and/or changes in the build that are not compatible with the old builds.
For example, when Derelict was creating and adding new species and hybrids there were no real changes and just these additions which did not cause any issues with other aspects of the game. However, with the recent addition to day cycles the game looks for something that isn't there in the previous versions. If the game cannot find this information within the save then it could either crash or hang in an endless loop which should ultimately result in a crash. This might be something that will not crash the game if overridden, but its something that Derelict found to be an issue which either did cause crashing or contributed to the crashing.
Think of it this way, lets say he adds a new barn to split up the sylvian mess. Doing so might mean that he needs to move one barn to make room for another. The updated build would compensate for this while the old builds would not. Trying to load an old save into the new update would (more than likely) result in crashes when trying to load what doesn't exist anymore.
Sometimes he is just being safe moving forward into future builds and sometimes it is just unavoidable.
So please be understanding especially when you are not supporting the dev.

Iceflare

Jul 16, 2018
Hello again, everybody!

Weight Watchers is back and sent all those lazy ass Nephelym into fat camp, so they look sweet and fit again!

I updated my "No More Fat Fucks" pack for the latest version of BotN. Enjoy :)

Install guide for the new ones:

1. Type %localappdata% in your explorer's address bar and hit Enter
2. Go to the folder Radiant -> Saved -> CharacterPresets
3. Replace all files with the files in the zip
4. Untick Body Composition in the Game Settings
5. Enjoy that there are no more fat Nephelym with overinflated, bad plastic surgery boobs and sickly steatopygia anymore!

Rystvalya

Aug 24, 2019
What is the spiritual form for ??
took me forever to figure that one out...

You have to catch a specific neph (futa vulpine I think?) and then you can use that as a base to custom make your own non human body. If you go to the temple where the Emissary is just past here is a vulpine on a couch. Talk to her. she'll tell you what you need to gt. Go back to her after you catch it and you'll gt to use a character creator an make your own body.

When done, use Q to activate it at when it runs out go back to the Vulpine to recharge it

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes