Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
Game looks good. But how is the performance ?
Are there lags ? Overheating PCs ?
What are the system req ?

Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
can you write your specs?
RTX2060
16GB RAM
i7 9700

Unreal Engine games tend to make my fan go crazy xd
tems are usually around 60-70C during play

If it help, I play Unreal Engine games WildLife, Tails of Azeroth games (Rekindling of the red, Blue is better, XXXmas2k20 etc...)
And while playing them my tems are around : CPU 58-62 ; GPU 58-62 ; System 70
Tho these tems are not a real problem, my problem is the jet engine noise from the fan lol, feels rly uncomfortable while playing since the fan noise is louder than the game

Last edited:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
RTX2060
16GB RAM
i7 9700

Unreal Engine games tend to make my fan go crazy xd
tems are usually around 60-70C during play

If it help, I play Unreal Engine games WildLife, Tails of Azeroth games (Rekindling of the red, Blue is better, XXXmas2k20 etc...)
And while playing them my tems are around : CPU 58-62 ; GPU 58-62 ; System 70
The game will run for you, but yeah, fan will go off like nobody's business. If you want to address that, you can go into your graphics driver's settings and forcibly limit the game to 60FPS rather than letting it try to render as many frames as possible.

Reactions: Limited20

Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
The game will run for you, but yeah, fan will go off like nobody's business. If you want to address that, you can go into your graphics driver's settings and forcibly limit the game to 60FPS rather than letting it try to render as many frames as possible.
Where exactly are these options to forcibly limit the game to 60FPS ?
Also wont the ingame Vsync do the same ? Wildlife and Tails of Azeroth games gave Vsync option in them and I use it and my game is at 60FPS. Isnt this the same ?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Also wont the ingame Vsync do the same ? Wildlife and Tails of Azeroth games gave Vsync option in them and I use it and my game is at 60FPS. Isnt this the same ?
Ingame vsync options are usually poorly written and may not function at all. Generally speaking, it's better to let the graphics card handle it. Notably, vsync on its own doesn't prevent over-rendering, since it's an asynchronous thing. Instead, you want to set a framerate maximum. Since you're running nvidia, you'll want to open up the nvidia control panel, jump to "Manage 3D settings", hit the program settings tab, find or add a profile for Radiant.exe, and then set the option "Max Frame Rate" to on and select a maximum framerate.

Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
Ingame vsync options are usually poorly written and may not function at all. Generally speaking, it's better to let the graphics card handle it. Notably, vsync on its own doesn't prevent over-rendering, since it's an asynchronous thing. Instead, you want to set a framerate maximum. Since you're running nvidia, you'll want to open up the nvidia control panel, jump to "Manage 3D settings", hit the program settings tab, find or add a profile for Radiant.exe, and then set the option "Max Frame Rate" to on and select a maximum framerate.
The only frame rate option there is in the control panel is " Maximum pre-redenred frames" and it has options from 1 to 4

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
The only frame rate option there is in the control panel is " Maximum pre-redenred frames" and it has options from 1 to 4
Untitled.png
If you're not seeing these options on a 2060, it might be worth seeing if your driver is out of date. If I remember correctly, the frame rate option popped up in a somewhat recent update on my 2080.

NoManF

Jan 21, 2020
I found a way to put a limit
there is a file "gameusersettings.ini"
write 60 instead of 0 : FrameRateLimit=60.000000
you can find it in C:\Users\(you)\AppData\Local\Radiant\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Last edited:

Yolomeus

Apr 17, 2020
just use RTSS for frame limiting. It's way better than the built in Nvidia solution ,framepacing and delay wise

ProtoBit

Jun 25, 2020
Does anyone know what the encryption key for the PAK file is? (I'm trying to extract stuff using UModel and it says it's encrypted)
I know it's possible to extract it from the exe using a debugger but I've tried that on another game in the past and I failed miserably :(
Also does UModel even support ucas files? I've never seen them used by UE4 before

Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
Limiting the unreal engine games to 60fps and also using vsync still makes the fan go crazy like a jet :/
Very stressful to play with such a loud fan that make noise like that. Its louder that the game itself...
I play on mixed setting Medium and High, like this I cna play for about 15-20 mins before the fan goes crazy.
If I play on max settings, it only takes like 2 mins beofer the fan turns into a jet xd

NoManF

Jan 21, 2020
Limiting the unreal engine games to 60fps and also using vsync still makes the fan go crazy like a jet :/
Very stressful to play with such a loud fan that make noise like that. Its louder that the game itself...
I play on mixed setting Medium and High, like this I cna play for about 15-20 mins before the fan goes crazy.
If I play on max settings, it only takes like 2 mins beofer the fan turns into a jet xd
it's so heavy on gpu
I play at medium with RX580 and the fans are quite as usual

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
it's so heavy on gpu
I play at medium with RX580 and the fans are quite as usual
I'm running it off a 1080 Ti and makes the fans spin up and stay spun up. I'm of the opinion this is more normal for Unreal 4 than it is this game doing it. I love having a good headset for when that happens. Okay, so I can play it on High because of hardware but man it makes my case's top vent belch heat.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I'm running it off a 1080 Ti and makes the fans spin up and stay spun up. I'm of the opinion this is more normal for Unreal 4 than it is this game doing it. I love having a good headset for when that happens. Okay, so I can play it on High because of hardware but man it makes my case's top vent belch heat.
I'm on high values and my 1060 OC 6GB is not being pressured at all

Yolomeus

Apr 17, 2020
you can also try to undervolt/underclock your GPU. you will get a performance loss (maybe 5 up to 10% depending on the config) but also way less heat and power consumption. Combine that with a custom fan curve and your GPU probably doesn't sound like a PS4 anymore. Try . It may look a bit complicated at first but it's actually fairly easy to use. Look for some guides online and use them as base comparison for the mV/MHz-clock settings.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Something interesting it seems my character got knocked up in suprise sex, but I don't remember it telling me anything, also it seems that the pregnancy bar is only progressing with the day clock and no longer by going to sleep. still testing a few things out.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes