Dereth

Nov 12, 2018
here you go. idk if it still works this way but it should be pretty straight forward
Tried that myself now, but sadly i only get a Fatal Error everytime i try to edit my male breeder into a male dragon. Following the steps exactly, but seems like it doesn't work.

somewierdguy

Aug 9, 2019
Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't find where I need to go to get the gate in the orc camp open so i can gain access to the forest area of the glade. I've used every option with the chief and completed her quest, and i've talked to all the NPCs in the area and in town with no success. I've unlocked all other areas and quests besides the ones gated behind the spider queen no problem.

Inroh

Jul 19, 2018
This game is horribly optimized. It maxes out my GPU (Radeon 5700xt with 8gb VRAM) and doesn't touch my CPU (Ryzen 3700x) and my PC crashes every time. Even if I play the game with no other programs running my PC fans will rev up to their max speed, GPU will reach insane temperatures, and my PC will crash. My PC is definitely not the problem here, as I can run any AAA game just fine with max graphics on 1440p resolution and get a stable 120-144fps.

Is there any fix to this? Because I'd really love to play, but I literally cannot.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
This game is horribly optimized. It maxes out my GPU (Radeon 5700xt with 8gb VRAM) and doesn't touch my CPU (Ryzen 3700x) and my PC crashes every time. Even if I play the game with no other programs running my PC fans will rev up to their max speed, GPU will reach insane temperatures, and my PC will crash. My PC is definitely not the problem here, as I can run any AAA game just fine with max graphics on 1440p resolution and get a stable 120-144fps.

Is there any fix to this? Because I'd really love to play, but I literally cannot.
It's not actually the game itself; it's Unreal and Unreal Engine is so poorly optimised and causes the fans on my 1080 Ti all spin up at once (all three of them - they're normally silent). There's also some weird camera fuckery happening too. Flicking around, pointing backwards and positioning itself on the ground between your character's legs pointing upwards.
Here's the only requirements info I could find:

CPUAMD FX-6300
Intel Core i3-2100
AMD Ryzen 7 1700+
Intel Core i7-3770+
RAM4 GB16 GB
HDD8 GB16 GB
GPUNvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX 11 compatible
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti+
AMD Vega 64+

So yeah, your system should be able to run it no hassle. I blame Unreal for the game crashing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, can someone give me an Idiot-proof way of adding Hung, Buxom and Busty to my Breeder?

Last edited:

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
well it looks to be a really decent game BUT my god you must need one hell of a pc to play it
i have an older toshiba quad core AMD 16gigs ram machine with a radeon 4gig hd graphics card YES of course all my drivers are up to date and windows 10 x64 game is choppy as hell and screen bounces all over and takes forever to get my guy to stand straight almost giving me motion in the process ....i dunno if its just the game engine my pc dont like or what
but anyways good luck with your game bro

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
It's not actually the game itself; it's Unreal and Unreal Engine is so poorly optimised and causes the fans on my 1080 Ti all spin up at once (all three of them - they're normally silent). There's also some weird camera fuckery happening too. Flicking around, pointing backwards and positioning itself on the ground between your character's legs pointing upwards.

CPUAMD FX-6300
Intel Core i3-2100
AMD Ryzen 7 1700+
Intel Core i7-3770+
RAM4 GB16 GB
HDD8 GB16 GB
AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX 11 compatible
AMD Vega 64+

So yeah, your system should be able to run it no hassle. I blame Unreal for the game crashing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, can someone give me an Idiot-proof way of adding Hung, Buxom and Busty to my Breeder?
LOL i JUST posted my problem BUT seems others has same issues?my pc doesnt crash tho but cant play this game for shit
hope they convert it or something maybe renpy or something its a shame they used this game engine if it is indeed the problem
because i so badly wanna play it ive tried breeding season and another one (forget name of it) 1 was i think flash and other was renpy and then was referred to this game and yeah so disappointed LOL

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
you must need one hell of a pc to play it
I run it just fine on an i5-6600K/16 GB DDR4/GTX 1080Ti
Sure, it's a good setup I have but it's nowhere near the "one hell of a pc" area.
I'm also running it on Win10 64... And aside from the camera issues I alluded to above, I'm getting no other problems.
I'm sorry, but I really have no idea why some are having such a bad time even running it well; maybe someone who's a patron to DerelictHelmsman can tell him about these.
For the time being you could try turning down the graphics quality level. And disabling camera shake.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

CPUAMD FX-6300
Intel Core i3-2100
AMD Ryzen 7 1700+
Intel Core i7-3770+
RAM4 GB16 GB
HDD8 GB16 GB
AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX 11 compatible
AMD Vega 64+

well it looks to be a really decent game BUT my god you must need one hell of a pc to play it
i have an older toshiba quad core AMD 16gigs ram machine with a radeon 4gig hd graphics card YES of course all my drivers are up to date and windows 10 x64 game is choppy as hell and screen bounces all over and takes forever to get my guy to stand straight almost giving me motion in the process ....i dunno if its just the game engine my pc dont like or what
It's an Unreal Engine problem, and it's because Unreal Engine is, by default, set to just render as much as possible rather than saying "this is good enough." However! There is a way to fix it in this case.
  1. Navigate to this game's GameUserSettings.ini settings (Which, on a Windows computer, is located at C:\Users\[YourUsernameHere]\AppData\Local\Radiant\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini"), and open up the file. Note that AppData is a hidden folder and so you may need to navigate directly there if you haven't enabled viewing hidden folders.
  2. Find the setting "FrameRateLimit"
  3. Set it to something reasonable. Zero is unlimited, 60 would be a hard cap of 60FPS that Unreal Engine would actually observe.
Edit: As for the comment about crashing, that sounds like the computer shutting down to protect itself from overheating damage rather than the game specifically. Limiting the framerate for the game should have a dramatic impact on how much work your computer does to run it, which should in turn reduce the operating temperature to something your computer doesn't think is dangerous.

Last edited:

DarkLabs02

Jun 10, 2018
Intel Core i5-4400, Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super, 8G DDR3 2,6k MHz (Yes its a very old PC)
Also worked fine with a MSI GTX 970 OC

SVDRed

Jul 13, 2019
It has a quite well maintained and detailed wiki. Honestly at this point I would rather not have the developer spend resources on developing an in game tutorial, rather have a link to the wiki in game.
Having to read something outside the game to grasp the basics isn't ideal. Even a very simple hands-on tutorial would suffice (clickable menus/dialogs with text, lines/arrows on the ground for navigation, etc). I think the game could even provide a starting barn/kennel/etc pre-built. Instead, the new player is "greeted" by a girl talking about lore, which isn't important at that point.

It is frustrating to be thrown into a large, 3D explorable world with very little information on how the basics work. One may wander aimlessly for a good five/ten minutes without making any progress at all, and this makes for a not so great first impression of the game.

-----------

Is there a map system? I haven't seen a dedicated key for it in the bindings menu.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Having to read something outside the game to grasp the basics isn't ideal. Even a very simple hands-on tutorial would suffice (clickable menus/dialogs with text, lines/arrows on the ground for navigation, etc). I think the game could even provide a starting barn/kennel/etc pre-built. Instead, the new player is "greeted" by a girl talking about lore, which isn't important at that point.

It is frustrating to be thrown into a large, 3D explorable world with very little information on how the basics work. One may wander aimlessly for a good five/ten minutes without making any progress at all, and this makes for a not so great first impression of the game.

-----------

Is there a map system? I haven't seen a dedicated key for it in the bindings menu.
Unfortunately, ingame there isn't a map system or guide of any kind, and it doesn't look like that's even remotely close to the top of Derelict's priority list. However, the wiki does have a , albeit out of date regarding .

Reactions: SVDRed

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
I run it just fine on an i5-6600K/16 GB DDR4/GTX 1080Ti
Sure, it's a good setup I have but it's nowhere near the "one hell of a pc" area.
I'm also running it on Win10 64... And aside from the camera issues I alluded to above, I'm getting no other problems.
I'm sorry, but I really have no idea why some are having such a bad time even running it well; maybe someone who's a patron to DerelictHelmsman can tell him about these.
For the time being you could try turning down the graphics quality level. And disabling camera shake.
my pc.png

smifel

May 16, 2017
One cheat is misspelled in origional post so it dosent work.
Instead of "Imma lazy sac"
Its suppose to be " imma lazy sack " and then all the portals unlock and dont need to do any quests.
Plus it does "add portals" too and that command dosent do much anything so think he just merged them
Just mentioning it if no one else have mentioned it ;)

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the clothes on the character? I can see that there are various preset models, but I have not found a way to easily swap their clothing!
Clothing is part of presets. You can't change a preset or make your own preset unless you're a backer with the creator code.

Has the breeder board broken on anyone else? Like i cant turn in quests because the board isnt updating or showing the nephelym I have even if they meet the requirements.
Check the Special Requests tab at the top of the board to see the quests for keystones from blessed nephs. Make sure your nephs meets all the requirements. Not just species and sex, but also minimum level, minimum stat, and trait if any of those are required.

For me it worked to try to edit it in Cheat Engine with this value: 1F15753C408

But the problem is that it doesn't really help you, since you are still forced to do the quests to get the keystones regardless. So except the first door, you are out of luck to get everything directly.

Still hope for a proper way to work around those damn quests. Even looking into editing the jump heighth just to jump over the damn gates or activate the portals without ever going near those gates.
The cheat code "imma lazy sack" opens all gates, unlocks all portals, and fully evolves Fern.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I can't find where I need to go to get the gate in the orc camp open so i can gain access to the forest area of the glade. I've used every option with the chief and completed her quest, and i've talked to all the NPCs in the area and in town with no success. I've unlocked all other areas and quests besides the ones gated behind the spider queen no problem.
You have to open it from the other side. Go through the bat cave to the goblins and then out to the elves. When you exit the goblin cave to the outside, to your right is a ramp that leads up to the gate and pussy portal.

LOL i JUST posted my problem BUT seems others has same issues?my pc doesnt crash tho but cant play this game for shit
hope they convert it or something maybe renpy or something its a shame they used this game engine if it is indeed the problem
because i so badly wanna play it ive tried breeding season and another one (forget name of it) 1 was i think flash and other was renpy and then was referred to this game and yeah so disappointed LOL
This is a 3D game and will not work in anything like Renpy. Expecting any developer to completely remake their game in another system is absurd, as that is a lot of work.

This game is resource-intensive because of Unreal Engine. It is a little bit better than before, as Derelict has done some optimization work. Try the other suggestions people have said, like capping the frame rate and setting your graphics to low.

-----------

There is no map system. UI, map, tutorial, etc, is low priority, and Derelict has indicated that kind of thing will be one of the very last things he implements. He is focused on actual gameplay and content for now.

One cheat is misspelled in origional post so it dosent work.
Instead of "Imma lazy sac"
Its suppose to be " imma lazy sack " and then all the portals unlock and dont need to do any quests.
Plus it does "add portals" too and that command dosent do much anything so think he just merged them
Just mentioning it if no one else have mentioned it ;)
Add portals doesn't work anymore, it was replaced with imma lazy sack which also unlocks the gates like you said.

hedger

Jan 29, 2018
Check the Special Requests tab at the top of the board to see the quests for keystones from blessed nephs. Make sure your nephs meets all the requirements. Not just species and sex, but also minimum level, minimum stat, and trait if any of those are required.
Yep, im retarded... thanks for the help

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes