STet

Apr 17, 2020
is there a new enable cheat code for .753? (the one in op is not working) i left the game alone on steam for a long while to wait for more updates and want to give it a go, but my old save is now incompatible...

*nvm it finally worked, it kept saying to do it on the main menu, even though i was already on the main menu.
In the main menu, you only need to enter the "Creator Mode" code, the rest of the cheat codes are entered into the menu from the game.

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
In the main menu, you only need to enter the "Creator Mode" code, the rest of the cheat codes are entered into the menu from the game.
i know that, for some reason the creator mode code would just not activate, kept saying to go to the main menu, even though i was in the main menu. had to restart a few times to get it to work.

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
damnit, i made the mega slime sad. looked in here and apparently there was an alternative.. wish i knew about that...

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
suggestion: if we take the orb from the mega slime let us later give her the pearl to make her feel better. since there is literally no way anyone would know that you can trade them from just playing without a guide of some sort.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I havent checked this game in the past 3-4 updates, what the heck is this "removed incest" thing ? I thought the Nephs couldnt breed with their parents/siblings/offspring already ? Unless they had a random and hard to get "trait" whose name escapes me ?

Is that what got removed, or what is he talking about ?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I havent checked this game in the past 3-4 updates, what the heck is this "removed incest" thing ? I thought the Nephs couldnt breed with their parents/siblings/offspring already ? Unless they had a random and hard to get "trait" whose name escapes me ?

Is that what got removed, or what is he talking about ?
Patreon ordered Incest removed so removed it was.
But poplan made something to mod it back in: https://f95zone.to/threads/breeders-of-the-nephelym-v0-752-5-alpha-derelicthelmsman.2483/post-5506462
The Incest Patcher I can confirm works with 0.753 (which went Public on Steam recently) as well.
If the majority of DH's supporters were to switch and only support his SubscribeStar account, he said he would take the game off Patreon and use SS as the sole host and would be free reinstate Incest breeding. But because he also uses Patreon, they have their beady little eyes on all his other accounts just in case he tries to circumvent their rules.
Rules, that I repeat they would no way to enforce were he to take the game off their server.
The sad fact is, he's making tidy enough bank from it.

Also, Incest breeding was never trait-locked. Inbreeding has four outcomes:
Abomination, Sterile, Abomination + Sterile and Neither (rare).
When my neph population gets out of control and I don't want to ascend/release anyone, I purposely breed for sterility.
Sterile + Kindhearted is a wonderful mix.

Lastly, removal of incest renders the Debauched trait absolutely useless.

Last edited:

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Patreon ordered Incest removed so removed it was.
But poplan made something to mod it back in: https://f95zone.to/threads/breeders-of-the-nephelym-v0-752-5-alpha-derelicthelmsman.2483/post-5506462
The Incest Patcher I can confirm works with 0.753 (which went Public on Steam recently) as well.
If the majority of DH's supporters were to switch and only support his SubscribeStar account, he said he would take the game off Patreon and use SS as the sole host and would be free reinstate Incest breeding. But because he also uses Patreon, they have their beady little eyes on all his other accounts just in case he tries to circumvent their rules.
Rules, that I repeat they would no way to enforce were he to take the game off their server.
The sad fact is, he's making tidy enough bank from it.

Also, Incest breeding was never trait-locked. Inbreeding has four outcomes:
Abomination, Sterile, Abomination + Sterile and Neither (rare).
When my neph population gets out of control and I don't want to ascend/release anyone, I purposely breed for sterility.
Sterile + Kindhearted is a wonderful mix.

Lastly, removal of incest renders the Debauched trait absolutely useless.
That's what it was, couldn't remember, they produce sterile offspring, which in a breeding game made them useless to me... I got some awesome colorations and markings on some only to see the big fat "sterile" on them meaning I couldnt make more of it LOL...

So before when you didnt bother to check if they were related you got a message of "this feels wrong" or something... what happens now ? does it just say "this pair cant breed" and make you re-select ?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
That's what it was, couldn't remember, they produce sterile offspring, which in a breeding game made them useless to me... I got some awesome colorations and markings on some only to see the big fat "sterile" on them meaning I couldnt make more of it LOL...

So before when you didnt bother to check if they were related you got a message of "this feels wrong" or something... what happens now ? does it just say "this pair cant breed" and make you re-select ?
If one partner in the breeding is Sterile, there's no chance for offspring. It'll just tell you "X is sterile" but still run the breeding process with a fertility multiplier of 0 and I don't need to tell you want ANYTHING multiplied by 0 is.
TBH, I never played this game without inbreeding as an option so I wouldn't know what message it puts up.
All I get is either "No offspring were produced..." or "X and Y have kept it in the family..."

Honestly, sterile nephs are useful when you just want to level. When there's something on the job board that I want to do but I don't have one of the right level, I just have all of my sterile nephs boink it one after another.

Last edited:

4access

Dec 20, 2019
poplan Thanks for the patcher.

Would you please consider publishing sha256 hash instead of md5 because both md5 and sha1 are broken (i.e. you can create a file with the same hash with enough effort).

Also, at everyone complaining about Patreon -- the problem is not Patreon, it's actually Visa and Mastercard.

They are single-handedly responsible for all online payment platforms censoring all controversial content (read: stuff they don't like being associated with). Today it's Patreon because they are the largest, but once people go to another platform the same thing will happen there.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
If one partner in the breeding is Sterile, there's no chance for offspring. It'll just tell you "X is sterile" but still run the breeding process with a fertility multiplier of 0 and I don't need to tell you want ANYTHING multiplied by 0 is.
TBH, I never played this game without inbreeding as an option so I wouldn't know what message it puts up.
All I get is either "No offspring were produced..." or "X and Y have kept it in the family..."

Honestly, sterile nephs are useful when you just want to level. When there's something on the job board that I want to do but I don't have one of the right level, I just have all of my sterile nephs boink it one after another.
There was a change to the game recently, can't remember which version, that allows you to sex up a pregnant Neph now. So, even if the Neph you are leveling up is pregnant, you can still select them in the breeding pen, just make sure to clear the 'not pregnant' filter.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
poplan Thanks for the patcher.

Would you please consider publishing sha256 hash instead of md5 because both md5 and sha1 are broken (i.e. you can create a file with the same hash with enough effort).

Also, at everyone complaining about Patreon -- the problem is not Patreon, it's actually Visa and Mastercard.

They are single-handedly responsible for all online payment platforms censoring all controversial content (read: stuff they don't like being associated with). Today it's Patreon because they are the largest, but once people go to another platform the same thing will happen there.
Actually, no. They already approached SubscribeStar about implementing the same restrictions but SS told them where they can stick it.

Reactions: mortic90

Lindazana

Sep 16, 2018
suggestion: if we take the orb from the mega slime let us later give her the pearl to make her feel better. since there is literally no way anyone would know that you can trade them from just playing without a guide of some sort.
She literally tells you the orb is her friend and she would be distraught without it. And the pearl is the only non-runestone orb-like object in the game. It's really not a leap of logic.

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
She literally tells you the orb is her friend and she would be distraught without it. And the pearl is the only non-runestone orb-like object in the game. It's really not a leap of logic.
you literally do not know about the damn pearl unless you follow a walkthrough or looked up mega slime in this thread, she is the only one in the game with something this roundabout and essentially hidden. The pearl is only brought up once in game, and that is by the one who made the pearl when she tells you that it is okay to take it, and that is out in the middle of the ocean where there is zero content othar than the pearl. nothing gives you any clue that the pearl exists before that, nothing tells you that you can trade for the runestone. You have to go out of your way to find the pearl.

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
Keep in mind that story/quest/plotwise BOTN is still "early days" and that it is a dev team of one. Assuming the pearl isn't a placeholder or proof of concept for some mechanics there would probably be hints elsewhere in a final, polished, version.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes