poplan

Jan 24, 2019
some things i learn about Presets folders:

- The game will load any and all presets from both Steam/Main folder and the User AppData folder.
- However the User AppData folder (AppData\Local\Radiant\Saved\CharacterPresets) is the 'active' and preferred folder for presets. If duplicates Presets exist, then the game loads from the AppData folder as priority instead of the Steam/Main Game Preset.
- Creator Editor loads and saves the modded versions in User AppData folder.
- Subsequent edits load the preset in the User AppData folder and continues saving the modded versions in User AppData folder.
- Therefore for the sake of clarity and avoiding confusion, it is better to keep edited Presets in AppData folder and NOT save into the Steam/Main Folder (i.e. leave the Main Game/Steam Game default CharacterPresets folder untouched).
All very well reasoned and researched!

Generally speaking, the purpose of %APPDATA% is for per user configuration settings an data. It is also always writeable by that user. Some 'per user' applications even go as far as to run out of APPDATA which I don't think is that smart. Newer versions of Windows, especially, require administrative rights to write to Program Files and Program Files (x86) and storing configuration settings, data, etc there is depreciated.

Most modern games and software will use APPDATA for user content, files, settings, mods, etc (or other locations in %USERPROFILE%). (Software that doesn't, should.)

Conversely, %PROGRAMDATA% is where 'global' data and configuration settings are supposed to be stored by applications. (The registry is somewhat deprecated except primarily for system integration and installer settings.) Although users only have read access to this folder, administrative rights are needed for full control.

(The reason, by the way, for the "Roaming" and "Local" folders under APPDATA has to do with Windows Domains where you can have "Roaming" profiles, that follow you if you log in on another machine. Over time it's rather lost it's original purpose, especially with the folder being quite large if games are putting save files in it making replication impractical. Even after many years as a developer, I still am unsure what the original purpose of "LocalLow" is.)

Reactions: beast18

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Society has decided that only white men are guilty of the sins of their fathers.
I'd be OK with just men, white black yellow red green or whatever, act responsibly with their own sins.

@ Patreon devs:
Sloth (Latin: tristitia or acedia("without care")) refers to a peculiar jumble of notions, dating from antiquity and including mental, spiritual, pathological, and physical states. It may be defined as absence of interest or habitual disinclination to exertion
Greed (Latin: avaritia), also known as avarice, cupidity, or covetousness, is, like lust and gluttony, a sin of desire. However, greed (as seen by the Church) is applied to an artificial, rapacious desire and pursuit of material
(extracted from wikipedos)

• Red Heart
Reactions: keeshah

nonymous

Jul 5, 2019
Probably because you could just have gone to either his patreon or substar and grabbed it from there.
Public builds afaik are free.
Except when those sites only link to Mega, which says this is too large to download without an account, and Google, which isn't working for me either on multiple browsers.

Just waiting for a link to nopy, which has never failed me. I guess waiting for 0.754 at this rate.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Except when those sites only link to Mega, which says this is too large to download without an account, and Google, which isn't working for me either on multiple browsers.

Just waiting for a link to nopy, which has never failed me. I guess waiting for 0.754 at this rate.
Have you tried running the following commands in a CMD window with Admin privileges:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

You might also want to give ipconfig /flushdns a try as well.
I don't have size restrictions using MEGA - only when I either HAVE gone over their limit or am connecting through a VPN, which MEGA seems to hate.
With the release and renew set, you'll grab a new IP address from your provider - unless you have a home router.
Renew takes a couple of seconds to run fully so don't worry if it looks like it's frozen.

Oct 25, 2019
Thank you.

Damn, these new male character animations look even weirder than the old ones. Derelict really needs to learn the basics of animation, or at least watch a few videos about them.
Anyway, I checked, incest patcher works with fine with last version, saves too.

Frosthunter

Nov 11, 2017
Hi guys, i have a question, i started the game yesterday and im stuck with the Autumns quest ( give her a female bee) i breed so many of bee and i cant fullfillt the quest. someone have the answer pls ?

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Hi guys, i have a question, i started the game yesterday and im stuck with the Autumns quest ( give her a female bee) i breed so many of bee and i cant fullfillt the quest. someone have the answer pls ?
Check the quest requirements. Gender (for lack of a better term), traits and level are all important, one/two out of three won't cut it. According to the wiki it'll need the hornball trait and be over level 13, but the gender is random.

Frosthunter

Nov 11, 2017
Check the quest requirements. Gender (for lack of a better term), traits and level are all important, one/two out of three won't cut it. According to the wiki it'll need the hornball trait and be over level 13, but the gender is random.
Thanks for answer :D
and how i can create a hornball ? :eek:

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Thanks for answer :D
and how i can create a hornball ? :eek:
By breeding, find anything with hornball trait, and breed it with Thriae until you have whatever gender you need.

And when I say anything I mean anything, its doesn't even need to be another Thriae - for example if you have a futa Vulwarg with the trait, breed it with a female Thriae until you have a Thriae child with said trait from the union.

Code_V5

Oct 16, 2020
Any way to severly reduce or remove the incest penalties? It's annoying me on a personal and intellectual level...
the debauched trait has a chance to lower or negate the negative penalties of incest. other than that and/or upgrading to a newer version which got the incest trait cut out, theres really nothing else

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes