poplan

Jan 24, 2019
Incest Patcher notes:

I realize this is a bit long and 99% of you won't care but I personally dislike silence from devs/companies that I follow so here's what's up presently.

TL;DR
I am working on it but it may be a couple days, I want to check 0.753.6 more thoroughly and I'm adding some stuff.​

Tips/Misc

With versions not in it's database you may want to run it from the command line with the "--debug" switch so you can see what's going on.​

This version does not need patched.
The patcher shows an unexpected result because it didn't find the binary signature that, normally, is always there. (Really old builds prior to 0.752 will likely show a similar result status.)​
You can ignore that message and just play the game. This build's download was pulled very quickly and replaced with 0.753.6 which does need patched, more on that below.​

I am testing the new release (0.753.6), some stuff has changed so you may get "Unexpected result" if you run the patcher on a patched copy. I'm making some changes to the code to try to make it a bit more flexible with what it sees and I'm changing the result text so it's a bit more clear on what's going on.​
I also want to test 0.753.6 more thoroughly than usual since some of the structure has changed so it may be a day or two before the new patcher version is released.​

Features/Improvements

I added some new features as well, it shows the release notes for matches in the database in normal and --info modes. (I'll be adding switches to turn on/off information as well, as of this writing I have not added those switches yet.)​
I'm somewhat rewriting bits of it to allow for more than one "patch type"... just in case.... (there's already a change with 0.753.6 where the second, invalid, signature is now missing so the code needs to be aware not to look for it.)​
I've added functions so it can show you your save folder (and how many saves are in it). I may have it do a warning if the build being patched (or examined) is known to not be compatible with the saves.​
The backup code could use a tweak too; if you run the patcher twice on the same file, the original backup is lost and it should not do that so I need to come up with something a bit more sophisticated.​

Remote Database?

I've also had thoughts on having it be able to download the game database from somewhere.​
The main pro for having a remote database file would be is if a new version of BoTN is released the patch wouldn't need to be updated unless the patching process itself was changed.​
Concerns would be:​
  • If someone hacked whatever serves the database file, that would suck although I would have some safeguards (and it could only affect BoTN, the file it will patch is hard coded.)
    • Some folks may be uncomfortable with having the patcher download information from a networked server.
    • It would not be able to do download the database if it did not have internet access.
    • I would need a good place to host the database file (which would basically be a text file in some format)

GitHub

Should I put this on GitHub as an alternate download source? Yeas? Nays?​
I know there are some alternates to GitHub but I'm not that familiar with them.​

Last edited:

heckraiser

Nov 5, 2018
is it possible to create a non-human character? i was wondering since there are sliders for things like tail length and wing size, and color settings for fur, but i cant seem to find a way to add any of that

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
is it possible to create a non-human character? i was wondering since there are sliders for things like tail length and wing size, and color settings for fur, but i cant seem to find a way to add any of that
There's spirit form tho, which technically allows you to become any Nephtype from the ones you capture.

But if you mean as a default type. No, your character always starts as human and then through Spirit Form it transforms into a non-human one.

heckraiser

Nov 5, 2018
There's spirit form tho, which technically allows you to become any Nephtype from the ones you capture.

But if you mean as a default type. No, your character always starts as human and then through Spirit Form it transforms into a non-human one.
good enough for me!

STet

Apr 17, 2020
also, whats with the tentacles everywhere? they dont seem to do anything...
They do, but only with a woman or a futa. The tentacles can be disabled by talking to .

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I don't have 0.753.6 yet but I did notice something with 0.735.5:
If you're checking out a Neph A's traits and Neph B comes up and bangs you, Neph A is stuck in an unresponsive state and can't be interacted with at all.
At least the game is clever enough to unload them when you go to sleep.

Jhony234

Dec 25, 2018
there's some way to activate and deactivate futa as u please ?(without entering on character edition ofc)

STet

Apr 17, 2020
In v0.753.5, a very unpleasant bug appeared, due to which I lost half an hour progress a couple of times: when you are in the menu, the characteristics of nephelim, or you select a portal, the roamers provoke a surprise sex (there was no such thing before, the nephelims modestly stood on the sidelines!) аnd close the menu is no longer possible, you need to restart the game. Please share a link to v0.753.6, in which this "feature", according to the developer, is fixed.

Kauter

Jun 3, 2017
I'm new to the game, can someone explain to me how to release the sexp poses?
I didn't understand how it's done.

STet

Apr 17, 2020
New sex positions are taught by Blessed Nephelym Pawsmaati. You can see more details .

Reactions: Kauter

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
In v0.753.5, a very unpleasant bug appeared, due to which I lost half an hour progress a couple of times: when you are in the menu, the characteristics of nephelim, or you select a portal, the roamers provoke a surprise sex (there was no such thing before, the nephelims modestly stood on the sidelines!) аnd close the menu is no longer possible, you need to restart the game. Please share a link to v0.753.6, in which this "feature", according to the developer, is fixed.
As I already said here: https://f95zone.to/threads/breeders-of-the-nephelym-v0-753-5a-derelicthelmsman.2483/post-6322145.
Not exactly the same but the surprise sex mechanic really got borked for some reason.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes