TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Do higher levels of busty and buxum effect the models at all? I got level 2 busty and it looked the same as level 1 so I was wondering if there were changes at 3-5.
I don't think so? At least not for the moment. Busty and Buxom are both modifier body presets you can mess with in creator mode. Thinking about it, probably the best way to implement that kind of thing would be to interpolate between the "standard" preset and the relevant modifier preset based on trait level.

Considering Derelict made those traits multi-level, I assume he plans to implement a feature to that effect.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

anonymous316

Oct 6, 2017
Wow first time trying this game out and I'm surprised with how well it runs. Used to games like this making my laptop go nuclear.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I'm having some confusion trying to breed a Thriae (Bee) with the trait hornball 2 (silver). My world level for Thriae is already at level 3 and all breeds i get are with common rarity. I'm using a pair of uncommon Thriaes with hornball 1 trait. It's impossible to breed a uncommon or rare rarity ? This couple already had 5 offspring all common with only bronze traits. I'm just unlucky ?
I was having the same issues when I did that quest. My solution was to raise the world level to 2 or 3 and then find a bee that spawned with the trait and level I needed.
The most recent patch (754.2) might have changed it, but for me, if I had any trait that was level 1 and bred a pair with the same trait, I never had an offspring appear with level 2 of that trait

The changes to trait heritability seem odd. If I breed two legendaries together I usually end up with a unique offspring at best. Is anyone else experiencing that?
I have seen the same thing.
I have bred legendary neph together and gotten, uncommon, rare, and unique, but never another legendary. I get the same things with Unique and rares, the uniques seem to produce rares and uncommons and the rare's are almost useless for breeding anything other than common or uncommon.

Reactions: WilderB

Charonn57

Mar 4, 2018
I was having the same issues when I did that quest. My solution was to raise the world level to 2 or 3 and then find a bee that spawned with the trait and level I needed.
The most recent patch (754.2) might have changed it, but for me, if I had any trait that was level 1 and bred a pair with the same trait, I never had an offspring appear with level 2 of that trait

I have seen the same thing.
I have bred legendary neph together and gotten, uncommon, rare, and unique, but never another legendary. I get the same things with Unique and rares, the uniques seem to produce rares and uncommons and the rare's are almost useless for breeding anything other than common or uncommon.
I can get legendary offspring from breeding legendary with atleast an Unique partner , wont say it's easy , but it is possible with Potent Trait(III) and Nurturing trait (II+). best way to breed with current success rates in 754.1A is to turn off pregnancy, so you can ''breed'' and discard offspring until u run out of lust (ofcoure if u have used the infinite lust cheat , u can repeat it till u either get what u want , or u fall asleep from boredom .... but it is possible ...

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
BotN Testing 0.754.2

Hotfix 2:
* Fixed: Crashes in gallery.
* Tweaks to trait passing, balance, and leveling.
Full Hotfix 2 list:

Hotfix 2
  • Fixed: Crashes in gallery.
  • Balanced: level ranges, slower until level 6, then the rate increases.
  • Tweaked: world values, higher level Nephelym have more value.
  • New traits, Wild and Domestic.
  • Release bonus for Nephelym born at barn and/or pregnant.
  • World Level Ranges changed, according to value changes.
  • Higher rarities nerfed as trait count, to make breeding more important.
  • Fixed: Issues with trait passing.
On the World Value changes, WL1 requires 1000 Pts now, BUT Neph values seem to have been tweaked UP by quite a lot.
For example, I have a LV19 Futa Foxen with the Buxom trait (that my Breeder gave birth to)... And she's worth 220 now instead of 15 or whatever it would have been before. What this effectively means is that the WL system seems to be a LOT less grindy now.
Some might say it's not nearly grindy enough, though.

Last edited:

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
What does excitement even do?
The only thing I have ever seen excitement do is increase the available lust points for a character. I took a dragon with 42 excitement and raised it to 110 (max for that NPC) and all I saw improve was their lust pool getting a bit bigger, all their other stats stayed the same.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I can get legendary offspring from breeding legendary with at least an Unique partner , wont say it's easy , but it is possible with Potent Trait(III) and Nurturing trait (II+). best way to breed with current success rates in 754.1A is to turn off pregnancy, so you can ''breed'' and discard offspring until u run out of lust (of cousre if u have used the infinite lust cheat , u can repeat it till u either get what u want , or u fall asleep from boredom .... but it is possible ...
Thanks for that, I didn't think it was ever possible to get a legendary offspring from breeding.
It does lead into the one thing I really dislike about the new system right now, which is the fact that you need to turn on cheats to get anywhere with breeding.

I have been trying to play the game without cheats (be prepared to embrace your inner masochist) and I have managed to open all gates but 1 (need the Orc Chief quest to open the demon gate) and the grind has been pretty staggering so far.
I used to actually name my Neph and only keep about 5 or 10 of each type, but now they are all default names (wild nephelym) and I fill the barns up with them, level them up some, and then release them to increase the WL, it has been very un-fun to play the game as the Dev 'envisions' it to be.

Charonn57

Mar 4, 2018
The only thing I have ever seen excitement do is increase the available lust points for a character. I took a dragon with 42 excitement and raised it to 110 (max for that NPC) and all I saw improve was their lust pool getting a bit bigger, all their other stats stayed the same.
Their stat RANKS stay same (xept for the MC those never change), but if stat value is under the cap of that rank (S=1500, A=1200, etc) it increases the chance of it improving with a mating session. ofcourse (with pregnancy enabled) on females , the motherly trait (when already pregnant) helps too.

Reactions: CaptainBipto

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Their stat RANKS stay same (xept for the MC those never change), but if stat value is under the cap of that rank (S=1500, A=1200, etc) it increases the chance of it improving with a mating session. ofcourse (with pregnancy enabled) on females , the motherly trait (when already pregnant) helps too.
The players rank does increase with breeding but I haven't had the chance to test out exactly how that happens, the rank of the mating partner doesn't seem to be a limiting factor as I've had rank ups happen when the partner had E's. My first assumption of how the system would work was that the rank would have an effect on how much of a stat gain you get per level but with how it actually works it seems like levels, at least for the player, are redundant. On one hand I'm relieved that I don't have to go out of my way to only mate with hedonist partners (no xp gain) until I get max ranks before leveling but on the other it feels too easy to max everything out.

Charonn57

Mar 4, 2018
The players rank does increase with breeding but I haven't had the chance to test out exactly how that happens, the rank of the mating partner doesn't seem to be a limiting factor as I've had rank ups happen when the partner had E's. My first assumption of how the system would work was that the rank would have an effect on how much of a stat gain you get per level but with how it actually works it seems like levels, at least for the player, are redundant. On one hand I'm relieved that I don't have to go out of my way to only mate with hedonist partners (no xp gain) until I get max ranks before leveling but on the other it feels too easy to max everything out.
Nephelym Stat Ranks seem to affect MC's stat ranks tho (cant test if that changed in 754.2 tho) , yes . they didn't see to be limited by the Nephelym's rank. but they sure influenced the speed of those increases. i did most my starter breeding with minotaurs and Ayrshire , and 1st ranks on my MC to hit Rank S were Strength and Fertility. now with new WL values of Nephelym in 754.2 , i dont need the MC as much as breeding cannon, cuz xept for quick offspring, they always seem to have lvl 1 traits at most. and the 10k lust limit is reached pretty fast ...

Charonn57

Mar 4, 2018
how???
there is no such an option in a dialog with emissar to lvl up race or world or whatever
World lvl increases when you release Nephelym (like from their barn) hover over their lvl to see how much they are worth (and your current World lvl progress)

Reactions: puzzlex
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes