Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I can see how the WL system would confuse new (and returning) players.
Perhaps a new dialogue option could be added to Falene's conversation topics or even a new note on the quest board.

ballman22

Aug 31, 2020
So I've noticed offspring can inherit a lvl I or II trait from parents that have that trait at lvl III, does this mean they can inherit higher lvl traits than parents as well? If they can't then breeding seems pretty pointless atm since, at best, you're getting the same trait level as a parent.

Clown.34

Sep 8, 2018
Breeding works to alot of stuf, like:
When you want a Wyvern with the "Nurturing" trait, but you only have a Harpy with that.
Or when you are trying to breed Hybrids...
Breeding is used to alot of stuff...

But if you ask if both with trait lvl 2 will hotspring a lvl3, i dunno...

Reactions: Ssato243

ballman22

Aug 31, 2020
Well yeah obviously if you want a hybrid then you'd breed for one, since that's the only way to get one, but if you need something with a specific trait for a quest then it's almost always better to just go find one in the wild. Unless I'm missing something.

Point I was trying to make is that it seems like there's almost no benefit to breeding while there are a lot of negatives, which is kind of weird for a game called Breeders of Nephelym.

Bragh

Oct 2, 2019
Well yeah obviously if you want a hybrid then you'd breed for one, since that's the only way to get one, but if you need something with a specific trait for a quest then it's almost always better to just go find one in the wild. Unless I'm missing something.

Point I was trying to make is that it seems like there's almost no benefit to breeding while there are a lot of negatives, which is kind of weird for a game called Breeders of Nephelym.
That's how I feel too. Supposedly in the new update there were 'tweaks to how traits are passed' and yet I've never seen an offspring in a couple hours of breeding that I even wanted to keep, much less with any properly passed traits. It's just as rare to see a legendary offspring, even from two legendary parents.

In the previous update I played through from scratch and did a test: I did all the special breeding quests by catching and leveling the world rank of those species and just finding the one I needed in the wild, except one: the Elf one. I made it a point to only breed to get that one, and just getting a juicy 3 Elf from breeding was excruciating. I started with an uncommon elf and my breeder in elf spirit form and bred them with every unique and legendary I had with juicy 3. It took longer to get a single juicy 3 elf for the quest with breeding than it did to just catch everything I saw in the other areas, release them all at home, go back and repeat until I found what I needed. I had to turn 'all futas' on to get the Akabeko done. The game refused to give futas at all, much less futa hybrids. I think the chance of a futa offspring is like 20% or something absurd. It's very skewed.

That said, I don't know exactly what the tweaks were, but they don't seem like nearly enough to make breeding worth doing, beside just getting one or some of each hybrid and stopping forever, or just level-grinding. Heck, in the base game you can't even try slowly breeding for a specific color combination because of the inbreeding block.

ballman22

Aug 31, 2020
That's how I feel too. Supposedly in the new update there were 'tweaks to how traits are passed' and yet I've never seen an offspring in a couple hours of breeding that I even wanted to keep, much less with any properly passed traits. It's just as rare to see a legendary offspring, even from two legendary parents.

In the previous update I played through from scratch and did a test: I did all the special breeding quests by catching and leveling the world rank of those species and just finding the one I needed in the wild, except one: the Elf one. I made it a point to only breed to get that one, and just getting a juicy 3 Elf from breeding was excruciating. I started with an uncommon elf and my breeder in elf spirit form and bred them with every unique and legendary I had with juicy 3. It took longer to get a single juicy 3 elf for the quest with breeding than it did to just catch everything I saw in the other areas, release them all at home, go back and repeat until I found what I needed. I had to turn 'all futas' on to get the Akabeko done. The game refused to give futas at all, much less futa hybrids. I think the chance of a futa offspring is like 20% or something absurd. It's very skewed.

That said, I don't know exactly what the tweaks were, but they don't seem like nearly enough to make breeding worth doing, beside just getting one or some of each hybrid and stopping forever, or just level-grinding. Heck, in the base game you can't even try slowly breeding for a specific color combination because of the inbreeding block.
Honestly if it was just changed so that if the offspring inherited a trait that it would be guaranteed to be at least the same level as the parent's trait, then it would remove enough of the RNG. As it stands though, you're not only rolling for whether or not the offspring gets the trait, but also if that trait will be at or below the parent's trait level, with no chance of it being higher from what I've seen.

Combine that with the fact that the offspring starts at level one, and has to roll for stats as well, it just doesn't really make sense to use the breeding system for anything other than flavor.

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
the inbreeding block.
You need an imma.degenerate file to get around that. It's been posted here a couple of times already.
Unpack the 7z and put the file inside in the same directory as OBF.exe.
Yes, it's supposed to be empty. No, you don't need to worry about that.

Reactions: Fukukama

Bragh

Oct 2, 2019
You need an imma.degenerate file to get around that. It's been posted here a couple of times already.
Unpack the 7z and put the file inside in the same directory as OBF.exe.
Yes, it's supposed to be empty. No, you don't need to worry about that.
I know. I specified 'in the base game.' I have that already, but having it or not doesn't change the point.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I know. I specified 'in the base game.' I have that already, but having it or not doesn't change the point.
Consider that it's not a modification. Therefore, it is still the base game.
The game checks for the presence of the file on load. Once it does, it loads as originally intended.

potatoking006

Nov 14, 2019
I have enjoyed this game, personally i like the change towards world level as opposed to cash in Theory. but as has been stated a lot above, catching, breeding for a day and then releasing is much more beneficial.

Now i don't begrudge the creator for this thing i say next, it's their game after all.
But It really seems like the models & such are really to a particular taste.
e.g there only being Males for 6 of the races. so trying to do the breeding tasks Without futa enabled is incredibly difficult.
if Helmsman doesn't want to spend ages making the male bodies because they don't like them. fine, not their thing.
but the new world level system kind of forces you to have Futa otherwise you have a 50% chance of just getting more of the Male's race.

Hecatoncheyr

Jul 22, 2017
Alright, possibly going to be one of my only posts. #lurkerforever

But I felt like the variety of variants for this game was way too low, as such I've put together a 'curated and custom' character preset pack, to substantially upgrade the base game.

Base Game: 241 Total Presets (incl. 44 hybrids and 8 breeder variants that do not show up for wild roamer generation) [189 actual presets]

This pack: 1094 Total Presets (incl. the same 44 hybrids & 8 breeder variants as the above) [1042 actual presets]

The variants are split between two major types: body variants and color variants. Body variants introduce ~slender, normal, busty, fat, thick, etc body types for both male and female/futa bodies. (Not all races have every single body type) Color variants either tweaks/tunes (fixing consistency issues-- eg: wrong color nails/otherwise) to base game variants, custom variants made by others (hence the word curated above; credits to whoever made the custom variants that are actually included here, but I don't remember anyones names, sorry), or custom variants made by myself.

There are some other notes you should be aware of:

1) I don't like the corset waist on most bodies in the base game, this has been changed in this pack (where applicable) to have a more natural looking style. You can still acquire the corset waist on some body variants that have the slender trait active.

2) A slight reduction was made to overly large breasts for a more natural look, same as the waist issue above. Big jugs can still be acquired either trait or breeding.

3) Goblins have been race-split (in terms of color/body variety) between goblins and gnomes. Elves have also been race-split between elves and spriggans (I did not make the spriggan variants, credits to the big brain who did that)

4) Bees have two body variants in the pack. One with the stinger/abdomen, one without. (I personally prefer without, so they're more like the special butterfly neph) You can either delete whichever you prefer from the pack, or just leave them both and just catch the ones you actually like.

5) I did not bother making any breeder variants or hybrid variants and neither of those types will spawn on the world map. I am not sure if hybrids are influenced (when generated in-game) using anything from the character creator-- I don't think they are-- so I didn't bother with them.

6) Most races and genders have at least ~8-ish variants for color (not including body variants on those colors). Some may have ~25 color variants (not including body variants on those)

Bug #1) The fat male body in this pack has issues in-game with the slender, fat, and muscle-y trait. Since those traits are a flat-adjustment on the body sliders, you can get some jank looking males (basically they just get weird tits) if they get those traits through breeding. (I usually just release them when they pop up) It's up to you if you want to use that body type on males or if it's too immersion breaking for you. If you want them removed, you can go through the male presets in the pack and remove all the male variants ending in 'F'.

Bug #2) Less severe than the one above (IMO), some (not all) of the slender body female variants are not affected by the chubby trait. So there will be no visual affect in-game on those bodies with the chubby trait active. Slender and muscle-y do not seem to be affected on those body type variants and function as normal.

------------------------------------------------------------

Most important note) This pack is intended to overwrite all the presets for the base game (base game color variants are still included, just with tweaks) either totally wipe your character preset folder and put these in there if you're using just base-game presets, or port your own custom variants into the pack before wiping.

Always make back-ups of your own custom creations/curations so you don't butterfinger anything.

------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Mega Link:

Edit: dont reply to me directly, it interferes with my lurking. lol

Last edited:

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
i have a question,the nephylim can trigger the surprise sex if you wear panties or pants?
im wait yet for the update that add the chance of get pregnant your MC when a nephylim trigger surprise sex and you lose
the creator said that he will add more animations in surprise sex etc maybe more later on, he is in no hurry to add new animations :(

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
i have a question,the nephylim can trigger the surprise sex if you wear panties or pants?
im wait yet for the update that add the chance of get pregnant your MC when a nephylim trigger surprise sex and you lose
the creator said that he will add more animations in surprise sex etc maybe more later on, he is in no hurry to add new animations :(
Yes, Nephelym can start surprise sex with you if the breeder is wearing clothing.
If the breeder is a female or Futa, any of the Nephelym (Male, Female, or Futa) can initiate surprise sex with you. If you are a male, only the Futa and females will initiate surprise sex with you.

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
This happened already but got patched out for some reason.
what is the last updated that have it?, can you remember?,the pregnant for surprise sex when the nephilim trigger it and you lose, i talk in discord with the dev and he told me that maybe he add it when you lose.
It should have babys that grown in a few days and a scene of birth,because it is game of breed,i hope that the dev will make it in a future,usually games hentais of breed is see the female has sex and you have already the version adult of your children or have big stomach and in the next day you have the adult version of your children,it look weird,this is robotic in the sense that it skips the whole natural process, at least it would be nice to simulate it.

Last edited:

ballman22

Aug 31, 2020
what is the last updated that have it?, can you remember?,the pregnant for surprise sex when the nephilim trigger it and you lose, i talk in discord with the dev and he told me that maybe he add it when you lose.
It should have babys that grown in a few days and a scene of birth,because it is game of breed,i hope that the dev will make it in a future,usually games hentais of breed is see the female has sex and you have already the version adult of your children or have big stomach and in the next day you have the adult version of your children,it look weird,this is robotic in the sense that it skips the whole natural process, at least it would be nice to simulate it.
I've had it happen in the current patch (v0.754.2A) but I don't remember if it happened because I "lost" wild sex. Pretty sure I was high enough level that I couldn't lose at that point.

Haoss

Jul 28, 2020
Did the last update add new races or exotic variants? Or it was just a gameplay update to change how stats work and all that?

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes