Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Yeah but which one flagged that? If it's one of the machine learning or otherwise private AVs VirusTotal has, the report is almost guaranteed to be a false positive when it's standalone.

Edit: Also, I should have read what you responded to, thought they were talking about download from OP rather than an attachment. It's worth noting that any homemade exe that doesn't have a broad presence on computers will trip antivirus scanners. Even innocuous behavior like saving a settings file in appdata unprompted will get flagged as trojans and/or potentially unwanted programs.
It was a thing called "MaxSecure" in the case of the Tools which sounds like a machine learning one.
And I repeat that I do not have any viruses running and have been using these tools myself.

I think I see what's tripping it. It's the very same thing that trips things up about Ren'Py - the presence of multiple .exe files and some .dll files.
VirusTotal said:
Contained Files By Type

DIRECTORY
UNKNOWN
PORTABLE EXECUTABLE
Contained Files By Extension

EXE
LNK
DLL
But it could also be the .lnk file.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It was a thing called "MaxSecure" in the case of the Tools which sounds like a machine learning one.
And I repeat that I do not have any viruses running and have been using these tools myself.
Oof, yeah. MaxSecure is the bane of many programmers. So. Many. False. Positives.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
So should we report this as a false positive?
I think we should, but it depends on who we report it to whether anything happens.
Personally, I only actually report false positives for things I've seen the source of myself. But that's mostly just for me. Given the context it probably is a false positive, and if you want to report it I'm pretty sure MaxSecure does have an avenue for doing so.

Edit: MaxSecure does have a false positive reporting page, supposedly. Given their reputation as just shy of a scam as far as AV companies go, however, I don't think it would even be worth trying.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Personally, I only actually report false positives for things I've seen the source of myself. But that's mostly just for me. Given the context it probably is a false positive, and if you want to report it I'm pretty sure MaxSecure does have an avenue for doing so.

Edit: MaxSecure does have a false positive reporting page, supposedly. Given their reputation as just shy of a scam as far as AV companies go, however, I don't think it would even be worth trying.
I meant here, on this site as they're convinced it contains a virus.
Whereas even though one AV reported it as a trojan, I remain unconvinced.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I meant here, on this site as they're convinced it contains a virus.
Whereas even though one AV reported it as a trojan, I remain unconvinced.
Ah, in that case it's up to you I guess. Can quote the post with a link to the VirusTotal scan and info on MaxSecure, and report that. Otherwise you could try filing a ticket with all of the relevant info. Not sure much of anything would come of it if you do, however.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
How I create an file in windows 10? like this one.
I'm going to assume you're asking how to enable incest.
I'm also using Windows 10 (with a Windows 7 shell mod), so here you go:
1: Google how to have the system display file extensions, follow those instructions
2: Right-click anywhere the Breeders of the Nephelym Alpha folder (where OBF.exe is) and create a New Text Document.
3: Rename the file imma.degenerate.
4: Delete the .txt extension on that file and confirm it.
That's all you need to do.

Reactions: RumbleBR

potatoking006

Nov 14, 2019
hello, does anyone have the set of presets that were shared earlier to make the nephelim slimmer that works for this version?

RumbleBR

Aug 16, 2019
I'm going to assume you're asking how to enable incest.
I'm also using Windows 10 (with a Windows 7 shell mod), so here you go:
1: Google how to have the system display file extensions, follow those instructions
2: Right-click anywhere the Breeders of the Nephelym Alpha folder (where OBF.exe is) and create a New Text Document.
3: Rename the file imma.degenerate.
4: Delete the .txt extension on that file and confirm it.
That's all you need to do.
thanks for the help bro!

Drages

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Hi, I am the designer (not coder) of the RPG systems of this game and advisor for most of the QoL things, nephs and fixes for more then 1 year. I made this for free as the dev gets about 50.000$ per month from backers. I just wanted to make this game better as the dev itself does not care to do boring things and does not care player experience. He kicked me some weeks ago at a mental breakdown. He kicked me from discord server even, as his mods are already ass-holes as you all know.

Just don't expect much things from that guy and please do not talk about him as he works very hard or he did just the impossible. He is just a mediocre unreal developer and saw the opportunity when Breeding Season failed.

Don't forget that, when he said he wanted to take a break because his mental problems, he got a sponsorship from toy company and added support for the sex toys as he hates to code things and he did not work on the broken UI for years.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Hi, I am the designer (not coder) of the RPG systems of this game and advisor for most of the QoL things, nephs and fixes for more then 1 year. I made this for free as the dev gets about 50.000$ per month from backers. I just wanted to make this game better as the dev itself does not care to do boring things and does not care player experience. He kicked me some weeks ago at a mental breakdown. He kicked me from discord server even, as his mods are already ass-holes as you all know.

Just don't expect much things from that guy and please do not talk about him as he works very hard or he did just the impossible. He is just a mediocre unreal developer and saw the opportunity when Breeding Season failed.

Don't forget that, when he said he wanted to take a break because his mental problems, he got a sponsorship from toy company and added support for the sex toys as he hates to code things and he did not work on the broken UI for years.
Mediocre developer? That explains why the camera wigs out on me sometimes and his decision to remove Abomination, Grungy and Gaudy. By removing Grungy, he made Romy useless.

Drages

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Mediocre developer? That explains why the camera wigs out on me sometimes and his decision to remove Abomination, Grungy and Gaudy. By removing Grungy, he made Romy useless.
There are tons of easy fixes or bad player experiences but I could make him fix only some of them. He just does not give a shit. He got a very good income already and tons of white knights as he gives the game for free. Yeah for free and new players the game is good atm but people forget that this game is in a development hell for 5+ years and still alpha.. As he likes how it is, he does not get any help even for limited time. I somehow made him accept to fix the damn game systems as it was make me mad. We were good friends, as I think so but after I thrown away and bullied by his own mods for long time, it was enough for me.

We did not even finish the system and he even hide the sextoy project from me as he knew that it would be a big disaster if people would know it sooner when they are sorry for him about his mental problems and he was just working on fcking toys for money rather then work on games very urgent problems..

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
There are tons of easy fixes or bad player experiences but I could make him fix only some of them. He just does not give a shit. He got a very good income already and tons of white knights as he gives the game for free. Yeah for free and new players the game is good atm but people forget that this game is in a development hell for 5+ years and still alpha.. As he likes how it is, he does not get any help even for limited time. I somehow made him accept to fix the damn game systems as it was make me mad. We were good friends, as I think so but after I thrown away and bullied by his own mods for long time, it was enough for me.

We did not even finish the system and he even hide the sextoy project from me as he knew that it would be a big disaster if people would know it sooner when they are sorry for him about his mental problems and he was just working on fcking toys for money rather then work on games very urgent problems..
Earlier in this thread we were talking about how ineffective the teleporters were considering how late-game they are.
Eventually someone suggested that it'd be better if we had the opportunity of opening them on first visit as some of the other areas are so disgustingly far from home that walking there is a chore.

Also, the BGM choices for the game I feel are garbage.

May 25, 2017
Is anyone else currently in the discord to confirm this? I can't help but 'X to doubt' since you have only one other post in this entire thread that doesn't even hint at your alleged role and have never mentioned anything about BotN before on your linked socials.

Especially since the dev has been hostile to people trying to insert themselves into the project before since he has always wanted for this to be a solo project. At least that's what I remember from way back when.

EDIT: I was indeed wrong :p

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes