bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I've decided to retire my patches. I feel they're hack jobs since I don't know a thing about Ren'Py and don't have the time nor desire to learn about it and I'd rather not upload patches that are sub-par in their technical setup. I will leave the patch for v0.6c of the game here; the one for part 2 has been removed. I'll stick with making patches for personal use from now on.

I do believe the regex setup I've used to change dialogues is a nice method of approaching these patches, since most games end up with unnatural dialogue between characters when words like landlady and roommate are simply replaced. If you feel the same, feel free to reuse the expressions I've set up so far in a patch of your own if you like.

Thanks for the kinds responses I have received for these patches.
Cheers for your efforts so far.
Looks like someone has already gone and made a patch of their own. (although may or may not have dialogue issues, but still better than reading the dialogue that should obviously be replaced that doesn't have a working patch *stares at savior*).

Last edited:
Reactions: uodenim

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
and as im a peaceful ducguy we have to prevent it from happening whenever possible:BootyTime:[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
You should stop assuming because it will happen to you, it will hapeen to me.
She will be mine, you have to accept that, if you want you can watch, if not it's fine but you know it now!

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
You should stop assuming because it will happen to you, it will hapeen to me.
She will be mine, you have to accept that, if you want you can watch, if not it's fine but you know it now!
nah...
btw, you should learn how to properly use quotes, spoilers and such things;)

Reactions: SamualHand

SnowMelts

Dec 21, 2021
Does the patch linked in the Op work with phase 1? If not, could a kind soul please share the previous version

eike2000

May 9, 2017
This game name bright lord but not "bright". I don't mean the story, I mean the background is too black, too much black, too much shadow, and underexposed. This actor's family is not as poor as mine, but they don't have enough money to pay for electricity bill or buy more neon lights? and the windows of the house are useless. The light is also absurd, it doesn't reflect light

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I don't know about you guys but I like turning female villains into lovers so I still have some hope that Megan can somehow be part of one or some of the endings as a living and loving person instead of being another casualty of the vicious cycle of revenge.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I'm thinking that when we get to a confrontation with Megan and Amythyst, we will have a choice. Kill them both or just kill Amythyst. We can't let Amythyst live, that much is clear. If we kill them both, well Megan dies too, but if we kill Amythyst then it could break Megan's mind, thus "killing" her. There will be a person there, maybe someone we can help become someone better or just leave to be broken and alone, but "Megan" as she stands now will be gone. One of the reasons I'm thinking I'll kill Baur as my main path is to see what happens. That'll probably tell us a lot about how the confrontation with Megan could go.

Could be totally off base but that's what I'm thinking as of right now. If we do end up not being able to save her in some form then I'll be sad, but sometimes you can't save the lost.

We'll know more next update once we see the after math with Baur (The little Goblin guy's name is Baur right?) and how we deal with the meeting that should get us a powerbase. I'm also betting we'll trade Mia (I think that's Baur's vessel's name) for Chloe at some point since Mia's sister is getting upset with Megan and may make a move without her knowledge to get her sister back. I can't think of any other way to rescue Chloe but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

I'm about to start rambling again if I'm not careful, I'll just post what I got before I get carried away into theory land and drive myself insane... well, more insane...

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
I'm thinking that when we get to a confrontation with Megan and Amythyst, we will have a choice. Kill them both or just kill Amythyst. We can't let Amythyst live, that much is clear. If we kill them both, well Megan dies too, but if we kill Amythyst then it could break Megan's mind, thus "killing" her. There will be a person there, maybe someone we can help become someone better or just leave to be broken and alone, but "Megan" as she stands now will be gone. One of the reasons I'm thinking I'll kill Baur as my main path is to see what happens. That'll probably tell us a lot about how the confrontation with Megan could go.

Could be totally off base but that's what I'm thinking as of right now. If we do end up not being able to save her in some form then I'll be sad, but sometimes you can't save the lost.

We'll know more next update once we see the after math with Baur (The little Goblin guy's name is Baur right?) and how we deal with the meeting that should get us a powerbase. I'm also betting we'll trade Mia (I think that's Baur's vessel's name) for Chloe at some point since Mia's sister is getting upset with Megan and may make a move without her knowledge to get her sister back. I can't think of any other way to rescue Chloe but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

I'm about to start rambling again if I'm not careful, I'll just post what I got before I get carried away into theory land and drive myself insane... well, more insane...
we think the same way :D

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Stop it, if he wants to add it he will. If he doesn't he wont. Demanding does nothing. We already get a bad rap for going into game threads and demanding it be added, don't add fuel to the fire.
Alter-account talking:unsure:
Nicely done!:BootyTime:

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
These are for new version only? Like nipple types etc? Or you change them for whole game? Like from begining? I just want to learn is there anyting we should play from begining with this update.

Oh BTW aside from my main question, nothing changed about old story parts i gues? Like how our mother acts aganist us when she learn what happened to us even we say we tried to stop him etc?

Last edited:

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I really liked the game a lot so far - until the begining of phase 2. The graphic was great, the character design close to excellent and the story was very interesting.
Then phase 2 came into this world. While it is not really bad, it is nevertheless very disappointing.
The character design is still closed to excellent, not doubt, even though I am not a fan of Margarie's growing habit of smoking.
But I have to agree that the pictures have indeed become significantly darker. And often light and darkness make no sense. Why is it quite dark inside while the windows show that is bright day outside? And why does the story then tells me that it is evening and the MC is going to bed? o_O
But much worse is the transition from phase 1 to phase 2. Not using the old saves is bad. Simply using the predefined focuses is highly frustrating: Following two paths in phase 1, at its end I had one a love focused save (stats: Love = 27, Corruption = 1 - I guess, one point was inevitable somewhere -, Mom Love = 13, Emily Love = 15, Chloe Love = 7) and a corruption focused save (stats: Love = 18, Corruption = 42, Mom Love = 12, Emily Love = 12, Chloe Love = 2). And the predefined Love Focus results in stats of Love = 21, Corruption = 0, Margarie Love = 10, Emily Love = 10 and Chloe Love = 5 while the predefined Corruption Focus results in stats of Love = 14, Corruption = 40, Margarie Love = 9, Emily Love = 9, Choe Love = 1. Granted, the Corruption Focus is close to the possible, maximized result of phase 1, but the Love Focus is quite a joke, compared to what the player could achieve during playing phase 1. And the quiz is a buggy joke, too. Altough it is not bugged enough to crash, it just makes no sense in several cases: For example the question whether the MC knocked on the bathroom door has no influence on the result, because the variable ep1_enter is not used again after it beeing set after the question. And the question whether the MC asked Emily what was wrong and the following question if the MC resisted his urges both set the same variable (ep2_ask), making the first question futile because no matter what you answer the following questions overrides the answer. This is just bad.
So I really hope that the transition of phase 1 to phase 2 will be corrected at least for the final version of the game. It just can't stay this way.
It just makes me so angry because phase 1 is a proof that the dev can do much better.

felipons

Fluffy, The Destroyer of Worlds
Modder
Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
I really liked the game a lot so far - until the begining of phase 2. The graphic was great, the character design close to excellent and the story was very interesting.
Then phase 2 came into this world. While it is not really bad, it is nevertheless very disappointing.
The character design is still closed to excellent, not doubt, even though I am not a fan of Margarie's growing habit of smoking.
But I have to agree that the pictures have indeed become significantly darker. And often light and darkness make no sense. Why is it quite dark inside while the windows show that is bright day outside? And why does the story then tells me that it is evening and the MC is going to bed? o_O
But much worse is the transition from phase 1 to phase 2. Not using the old saves is bad. Simply using the predefined focuses is highly frustrating: Following two paths in phase 1, at its end I had one a love focused save (stats: Love = 27, Corruption = 1 - I guess, one point was inevitable somewhere -, Mom Love = 13, Emily Love = 15, Chloe Love = 7) and a corruption focused save (stats: Love = 18, Corruption = 42, Mom Love = 12, Emily Love = 12, Chloe Love = 2). And the predefined Love Focus results in stats of Love = 21, Corruption = 0, Margarie Love = 10, Emily Love = 10 and Chloe Love = 5 while the predefined Corruption Focus results in stats of Love = 14, Corruption = 40, Margarie Love = 9, Emily Love = 9, Choe Love = 1. Granted, the Corruption Focus is close to the possible, maximized result of phase 1, but the Love Focus is quite a joke, compared to what the player could achieve during playing phase 1. And the quiz is a buggy joke, too. Altough it is not bugged enough to crash, it just makes no sense in several cases: For example the question whether the MC knocked on the bathroom door has no influence on the result, because the variable ep1_enter is not used again after it beeing set after the question. And the question whether the MC asked Emily what was wrong and the following question if the MC resisted his urges both set the same variable (ep2_ask), making the first question futile because no matter what you answer the following questions overrides the answer. This is just bad.
So I really hope that the transition of phase 1 to phase 2 will be corrected at least for the final version of the game. It just can't stay this way.
It just makes me so angry because phase 1 is a proof that the dev can do much better.
About the variable "ep2_ask" thanks for informing it should have been "ep2_resistE", will be corrected in the next chapter.
About the difference in points, there were some useless choices in Phase 1 that gave points, like cumming in the mouth or face. It was decided to ignore those points, this way phase 2 will have a lower requirement of points, not really losing anything...

About the "ep1_enter" not being used, it was a variable on Phase 1, so it was decided to keep it for possible future use.
Now if the beginning is really bothering you, you can either use the skip option, or become a patreon to have a more active voice, instead of ranting it here.

• Angry
Reactions: katabasi

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Finally have a sex scene with a worthwhile character and its too dark to see anything. Amazing how everything is fully viable besides the actual penetration.

The game is giving me mega Dreams of Desire vibes as well. Feels like a retelling of the same story.

Reactions: RandyPhoenix
3.90 star(s) 88 Votes