Epicplant

Dec 5, 2018
Hello! I seem to have encountered a bug. Whenever I buy the house in TOB, I end up with the error: 1658479584723.png
Thought I'd post this here in case anyone has a fix or, in the worst case scenario, so it can be seen and patched out in hopefully the next update :) . Thank you to anyone who responds in order to help me fix this!

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hello! I seem to have encountered a bug. Whenever I buy the house in TOB, I end up with the error: View attachment 1938999
Thought I'd post this here in case anyone has a fix or, in the worst case scenario, so it can be seen and patched out in hopefully the next update :) . Thank you to anyone who responds in order to help me fix this!
Usually when I run into these kind of issues, I just make a copy of another sound file and rename it to whatever the game is missing. For example, you can copy "Warm Heart" from the BGM folder, paste it into the Audio folder, rename it "Fireside Tales" and drag it back to the BGM folder and it should work.

Reactions: Epicplant

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
So I've looked ahead in the guide and it seems like Ilfang's mine closes if you kill him, but I won't be able to mine the jade rock without an expert pickaxe. But the recipe costs 10k and some silver bars, according to a past post, neither of which I have any idea how I'm supposed to get. Do I just ignore this mission for now and do something else, or are we not meant to get it?
There's a cheaper recipe for the axe at the mage college (8k) and it's doable if you use some crafting. There are probably better ways now, but one is to make copper rings from mining. The mines don't actually close until you recruit Hana so you have time to go back.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
There's a cheaper recipe for the axe at the mage college (8k) and it's doable if you use some crafting. There are probably better ways now, but one is to make copper rings from mining. The mines don't actually close until you recruit Hana so you have time to go back.
Ah, I see. I've been making rings, but they only net me like 22 coins each. No idea how far into the future Hana being recruited is though. Also, should I be worried about doing quests before recruiting party members? I noticed that the three party members with me got xp and leveled up when we killed Ilfang. I was pretty much double their levels though...

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
I feel like there just isn't enough information to work with. Like I'm tempted to grab Meat Diet because I don't know how soon 3 or 4 Testosterone is going to be needed, but I have no idea what -25 Luk will do to me, especially when I only have 56 Luk. Or like Pick-Up Artist's penalties seem pretty minor and getting more H scenes could eventually offset the stat decrease, but I have no idea what a "first speech check" entails or whether a +1 to romance actually opens any doors. I'm considering restarting and picking berserker just so I less stats I have to worry about losing.
Pick-up Artist's perks are mostly designed to offset androgyny (i.e. the best foible for getting early hormone points). "First speech check" refers to the first dialogue option you choose that results in a relationship point increase - basically it's saying the first time you flirt it'll be doubly effective, which offsets androgyny giving a -1 to starting relationship b/c people are jealous.

On page 16 I did a breakdown of some of the foibles and since then a few more people have posted good combinations. I couldn't find a good use for Living Decay but if it offsets Brightest Burn that's a reason to revisit it.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Ah, I see. I've been making rings, but they only net me like 22 coins each. No idea how far into the future Hana being recruited is though. Also, should I be worried about doing quests before recruiting party members? I noticed that the three party members with me got xp and leveled up when we killed Ilfang. I was pretty much double their levels though...
Hana will be a bit underleveled if you recruit her later but this isn't a huge deal. She can equip both rogue and mage gear (and gear gives more stats than levels) and there are plenty of post-Hana quests to get her caught up.

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
androgyny (i.e. the best foible for getting early hormone points).
is is also the WORST Foible if you want any H-Content, because both Estrogen and Testosterone counteract etch other, so it is basically the one you chose if you don't want Sexual interactions...

because in it's current incantation it if a seen have to additional outcomes based on your hormone level the game often default to the worst of the outcomes and you just get rejected...

you are better off having two separated playthroughs with the different Hormones on your character.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
You can very easily counteract or zero out the one you don't want with your class choice and some of the opening sequence choices. It ends up being a free +2 with the one of your choice that also has stat perks and only a minor downside.

They don't always count against each other, either.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
I can't fault the games writing, it's as good as it's gonna get.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Theres some confusing stuff like voice acting being there at all, the art seems to imply the author isn't into women. The presentation on f95 sure is off putting. That alien blowjob is enough to ward off people as it's reminiscent of games that are wacky or jap influenced.
He doesn't use patreon, or ss, for tax reasons since plans to release it on steam with same censorship?

Rutsah

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2021

Theres some confusing stuff like voice acting being there at all, the art seems to imply the author isn't into women. The presentation on f95 sure is off putting. That alien blowjob is enough to ward off people as it's reminiscent of games that are wacky or jap influenced.
He doesn't use patreon, or ss, for tax reasons since plans to release it on steam with same censorship?
Wait, I'm not into women?! Since when?! Working on fixing "some" of the issues mentioned.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017

I agree with most of the technical stuff you said, but I don't understand what you mean by the art implies the author isn't into women. I didn't get that impression at all. I will say though that the voice lines at times are very quiet.

As for "games that are wacky or jap influenced", I think that was intentional. Why else is there so many eastern sounding names and monster girls? Hell, there's even tentacles on the OP. I don't know why you brought it up because I don't think anyone who makes these kind of games care about the people put off by it. The game obviously isn't for them, and it doesn't make sense for the dev to redo the whole game just to include them.

P.S. I know that tentacles are also Lovecraftian, but that pic looks closer to hentai.

Reactions: Mabodofu
2.90 star(s) 26 Votes