Ren'Py Bumpkin Boy's Bizarre Adventures [v0.15] [Frozen Sugar Cubes]

3.30 star(s) 16 Votes

Frozen Sugar Cubes

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2019
Went to work, acted as a stand in for my lovely bosses sex toys, came home, went to sleep and game ending bug.

NameError: name 'inventory' is not defined

Guess I'm giving up on this again until a few more updates.
Were you playing from a previous save of the game? Or were you going with a fresh start and this happened?

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Were you playing from a previous save of the game? Or were you going with a fresh start and this happened?
Pretty sure it was a previous save. Did I miss a changelog note on needing to start over? ... Reads...

Apparently I did. in the 5.0 notes

Old saves might crash, however possibility to start from the current version has been added at the start of the game.
I'll start fresh and see if I get past the same point without error.

Frozen Sugar Cubes

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2019
Pretty sure it was a previous save. Did I miss a changelog note on needing to start over? ... Reads...

Apparently I did. in the 5.0 notes

I'll start fresh and see if I get past the same point without error.
Please let us know if you encounter the same , or another bug and describe how you encountered it, thanks.
Hope you enjoy.

cyberkiller

Oct 19, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/locations/mc_room/mc_room_screen.rpy", line 8, in execute
  File "game/locations/mc_room/mc_room_screen.rpy", line 14, in execute
  File "game/locations/mc_room/mc_room_screen.rpy", line 14, in keywords
  File "game/locations/mc_room/mc_room_screen.rpy", line 18, in keywords

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "locations/mc_room/mc_room_screen.rpyc", line 7, in script
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "I:\Bumpkin_Boy's_Bizarre_Adventures-0.5.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/locations/mc_room/mc_room_screen.rpy", line 14, in execute
  File "game/locations/mc_room/mc_room_screen.rpy", line 14, in keywords
  File "game/locations/mc_room/mc_room_screen.rpy", line 18, in keywords
  File "<screen language>", line 18, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Bumpkin Boy's Bizarre Adventures 0.5.1
Mon Jul 06 19:34:57 2020

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Please let us know if you encounter the same , or another bug and describe how you encountered it, thanks.
Hope you enjoy.
From a fresh start I made it through that section without error. Does the clock just stop giving you a way to advance once you've reached the end of current content?

Frozen Sugar Cubes

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2019
Hope to see an update soon cause i really liked this, it's 2 month without an update
Thank you for your kind words! We are working on the next patch as we speak , and we try to update the situation on the patreon from time to time. ( It's open to anyone , no need to be one.) We hope to bring you nice content once again , and thank you. Stay safe!
b60.png

AJBit

Mar 9, 2018
Not going to bash this game as I have yet to try it , I will.... But why is it that every game / novel I read / play the MC is always Asian looking? And ALL of the girls seem to be blonde hair blue eyed American girls??? Just saying a nice blonde dude would be cool once in a while.... Yes I know these were made over-seas but still...
I think it's weird too.

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
Game is kinda messy to navigate I just click at random and stuff happen, hopefully I'm not missing anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: blastwave2k

Frozen Sugar Cubes

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2019
Game is kinda messy to navigate I just click at random and stuff happen, hopefully I'm not missing anything.
You can find walk-through ( for free ) on patreon or by clicking on icon in MC room - > laptop. (Also on laptop can find progress of events in BBBA icon).

nepheele

Mar 30, 2018
Thanks for the new update, this time I really enjoyed the game and the jokes again
I played this game from the beginning too cause the save.
If isn't a problem i want report you few "errors" (more than errors are skipped dialogues)
1) for the USB event, if you farm 100$ before talking to Jeff, you skip the first dialogue of the event [1) go to school - > classroom ( in afternoon ) and talk with Jeff]
2) for the Go To Gym event, if you talk with Olivia in the Mall before talking with the girls in the gym, you skip the first dialogue of the event again [1) go to - > Velocity Fitness (evening time) - > click on girls]
It's a bit sad during the game you're forced to skip one of the dialogue/event between the GH girl 2 or Autumn during the second day before school.
Really hope to see the 2 GH girls/Park girls more, they still have no name after 2 events, and Evelyn too.
Waiting to see more interactions with the classmates and the teacher too (the ending was funny this time)
Tried to search around the school but for now we still need to meet the last 2 girls of the class (and not sure if the one in the middle is Autumn)
Thanks again for this new update, waiting for more jojo reference
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 16 Votes