3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
iirc when the dev did that update where the mc was shot and blah blah blah in the next update he had changed it making it seem like it was all a dream, right? well maybe this was also another dream?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(it's sarcasm just in case)
A Vn inception... :unsure:
Sadly That wouldn't surprise me at this point... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: BTLD and Chimba

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
When the very disastrous update with the niece was introduced, I suspected that the dev had no long-term planning where he wanted to go with his story, or what kind of story he wanted to tell. That was already sad at the time, since some of the scenarios already suggested themselves:

MCs vs parents of the student who killed herself. The parents either blame him for seducing the daughter or for not recognizing/ taking the suicide danger seriously.

MC vs newspaper etc jumping on this story.

An MC whose personality and story develops through the player's choices. I don't know how hard something like that would be to create, but it would give the VN replay value.

Reactions: rhdad and JJsaint

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I am having a really hard time trying to understand where the dev wants the story to go. I feel bad because I know that these games take a lot of time to make but the only good thing about it right now is the characters models. It's a shame because when the game first came out I thought it had a lot of potential but right now it feels that the dev doesn't have any idea what he wants to do with the characters and story.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
being impotent with the hot af wife to finally going to whack off in the shower.
This is exactly what I don't understand. The MC deciding to cheat on his wife with his daughters makes sense given the name of the VN. The MC even chasing tail of staff and students at the school could work. Being completely limp in front of his wife, though? I just don't get it. She's clearly been willing to do all kinds of stuff to please him, and she's clearly been devoted to him even though she's already been suspecting his infidelity. How does he get hard at every female with a pulse but somehow he can't even stay hard mid-blowjob with his own wife? And then he gets hard thinking about anyone else while in the shower? I'm very, very confused.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I am having a really hard time trying to understand where the dev wants the story to go.
You and almost everyone else. The dev has about as much focus as a five year old on Christmas. At this point it's clear they are just arbitrarily choosing scenarios out of their head and just saying "Lets see if this one works". I personally think it's time to chalk this on up as a lose and just forget it even exists.

Last edited:

kevalen

Apr 13, 2019
This is exactly what I don't understand. The MC deciding to cheat on his wife with his daughters makes sense given the name of the VN. The MC even chasing tail of staff and students at the school could work. Being completely limp in front of his wife, though? I just don't get it. She's clearly been willing to do all kinds of stuff to please him, and she's clearly been devoted to him even though she's already been suspecting his infidelity. How does he get hard at every female with a pulse but somehow he can't even stay hard mid-blowjob with his own wife? And then he gets hard thinking about anyone else while in the shower? I'm very, very confused.

My guess would be feelings of guilt interfering with his enjoyment of time with his wife. It would make sense to some extent that he still gets hard for all of the other girls because that's the guilty pleasure, but with his wife it's just plain guilt and keeps him from being able to enjoy it.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
My guess would be feelings of guilt interfering with his enjoyment of time with his wife. It would make sense to some extent that he still gets hard for all of the other girls because that's the guilty pleasure, but with his wife it's just plain guilt and keeps him from being able to enjoy it.
I never heard of guilt interfering with hardness on a person by person bases. To me if it was guilt he wouldn't Go whack off in the shower after.

Besides he is no stranger to fucking around on her so this is nothing new and he had zero issue face fucking a day or two before and then having all sorts of hot sex with her.

No I don't think it's guilt but instead bad writing...

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
You and almost everyone else. The dev has about as much focus as a five year old on Christmas. At this point it's clear they are just arbitrarily choosing scenarios out of there head and just saying "Lets see if this one works". I personally think it's time to chalk this on up as a lose and just forget it even exists.
The thing is that you don't really need to have a deep story with these types of games for them to be successful. When the game came out I thought it would be about this guy that felt bad about one of his students committing suicide because he couldn't reciprocate the feelings she had for him, even though deep inside he probably wanted to but was afraid of the consequences. Now he has this job where he can basically do anything with the girls in the school as long as he makes them perform well and it starts bringing up those desires that he has been trying to supress all this time. If the dev stuck with that most people would probably be happy with the game.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The thing is that you don't really need to have a deep story with these types of games for them to be successful. When the game came out I thought it would be about this guy that felt bad about one of his students committing suicide because he couldn't reciprocate the feelings she had for him, even though deep inside he probably wanted to but was afraid of the consequences. Now he has this job where he can basically do anything with the girls in the school as long as he makes them perform well and it starts bringing up those desires that he has been trying to supress all this time. If the dev stuck with that most people would probably be happy with the game.
You might even say that with these games to deep a story and too much drama to a story can be dangerous for them, depending what kind of audience you want. Games that are at least partly about getting with the girls in a more or less loving way do need characters where you will be happy if they get together in the end and do not pity them for that. :p Make chars (including MC) to grey or even dark and their circumstances and you can lose that even for the most white knight of players.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yeah, there are a lot of way the game "could" be great but it seems like they just don't care. I had a similar thought about the game in the beginning, that's why I was looking forward to it. But apparently you and I, and everyone else, that had a theory about how the game could play out put much more thought into it than the dev themself. So many missed opportunities again and again.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
You might even say that with these games to deep a story and too much drama to a story can be dangerous for them, depending what kind of audience you want. Games that are at least partly about getting with the girls in a more or less loving way do need characters where you will be happy if they get together in the end and do not pity them for that. :p Make chars (including MC) to grey or even dark and their circumstances and you can lose that even for the most white knight of players.
Yeah I think a lot of devs really overdo it with the drama. I think a perfect example of a game of this type (focused on loli characters) is proud father. There is a little bit of drama with characters like Zoe and her family but it gets solved pretty quick. I think most people just want a fun game with cool characters, sure a little bit of drama here and there can make it more interesting but the game doesn't need to be a soap opera.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
There is a little bit of drama with characters like Zoe and her family but it gets solved pretty quick.
Quick indeed. It's really just a visit to an office and your done, it adds to the story though. I just don't like that the further into the game you get the less say you have in anything that happens. I'm not trying to make this about another game, just pointing it out. But you are very correct about how many devs tend to go overboard with the drama. I know they are "adult" visual novels but that doesn't automatically mean that there needs to be scenes that make you pissed or sad just to try and get a rise out of the player. When it's done right its a pretty great thing in my opinion but then there are time when it's clear they just add them willy-nilly for "the feels" when in actuality the player is just thinking "What the fuck was the point of that?". In the end the best stories have a little bit of everything.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Quick indeed. It's really just a visit to an office and your done, it adds to the story though. I just don't like that the further into the game you get the less say you have in anything that happens. I'm not trying to make this about another game, just pointing it out. But you are very correct about how many devs tend to go overboard with the drama. I know they are "adult" visual novels but that doesn't automatically mean that there needs to be scenes that make you pissed or sad just to try and get a rise out of the player. When it's done right its a pretty great thing in my opinion but then there are time when it's clear they just add them willy-nilly for "the feels" when in actuality the player is just thinking "What the fuck was the point of that?". In the end the best stories have a little bit of everything.
Well one of my theories about that it is in these kind of games that are WIP with updates are months in between also negative cliffhangers should be used sparingly and with great care, bad impressions and anxiety about situations can keep hanging around too long in mind of players. Same goes for the often used trick to try to redeem characters later in a growth arc.

So unless it is indeed a long storyline that needs several updates it is wiser to solve it in same update and if not possible at least to be aware as dev to be careful with them and keep the balance between creating excitement/drama and what it does to chars if want a LI game, especially since the players do not know what you are planning to redeem characters or you may find that players will not able to follow you as a dev when try to redeem them.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Same gos about the often used trick to try to redeem characters later in a growth arc.
I think that's tricky to do right. If its not then you just get something like the scene from Saving Private Ryan where the coward gets his squad mate killed and then later he kills the enemy and somehow he is magically redeemed and forgiven. Really? It doesn't work like that in real life in my book. It just comes across as forced and fake just to make the arc work.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think that's tricky to do right. If its not then you just get something like the scene from Saving Private Ryan where the coward gets his squad mate killed and then later he kills the enemy and somehow he is magically redeemed and forgiven. Really? It doesn't work like that in real life in my book. It just comes across as forced and fake just to make the arc work.
Yeah it is one of the hardest things to do right and still 80% of devs give us a MC that is immature and set back so far it is unbelievable he ever becomes a normal human being, let alone a chad. :p Instead of at least starting with a MC that is at least competent to zip up his fly or hold a job that grows from there, it is about balance and that is hard to reach if not a very good writer and let us be honest it is too much to expect every dev to be a Tolkien with their first game. :) Well at least this game started out with a reasonable competent MC, until we got that scene with the wife this episode and that weird side tale before.

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes