Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Buried Desires [v0.3.5 Xmas] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.24 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.23 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 267 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 250 MB: -

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

Ramsay_Bolton

Jul 24, 2018
I'm surprised to see so many 1-2 star reviews. The game is not perfect but just because it doesn't cater to you doesn't mean you have to give it 1-2 stars. The game is at least at 3*. It isn't finished give it some fucking slack. On top of that the dev is really trying and updating it regularly.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'm surprised to see so many 1-2 star reviews. The game is not perfect but just because it doesn't cater to you doesn't mean you have to give it 1-2 stars. The game is at least at 3*. It isn't finished give it some fucking slack. On top of that the dev is really trying and updating it regularly.
Usually I would agree. But each update it's a different vn that is worse than the last one. The debut was stellar but the updates have all been horrible to say the least.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
So what you're saying is people are ONLY allowed to review the game if they like it but aren't allowed if they thought it was boring? Seems fair :FacePalm:

Ramsay_Bolton

Jul 24, 2018
Usually I would agree. But each update it's a different vn that is worse than the last one. The debut was stellar but the updates have all been horrible to say the least.
Just played the last update and agree it sucks, but it doesn't make the game 1-2*. I mean seriously there are so many games that deserve it but this one isn't one of them yet. It's going downwards but it's still in early stages of development he has time to fix.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
Betisis With some of the manpower and technical difficulties the dev has run into, in my opinion, the last thing they should be focusing on is holiday specials. This time around they did the work and put it out there, and I suppose that's fine. However, with so many characters to deal with already and this side story nonsense they got sidetracked on (of which they've been trying to address instead of plowing onward, to their credit) advancing the main story is and should be their paramount focus.

I'm just hoping for their own sake that they've intro'ed all the characters now, 'cause every new female that's meant to be pursued is, I feel, just going to exponentially bloat the game and cause development to slow to a crawl until it potentially collapses under its own weight.

As for the translation issues Betisis was running into the last I heard, they could possibly search out for help here on F95 if their current sources have other things that they need to worry about.

CWinthorpArl

Jul 16, 2017
Gosh, this is some pseudo-intellectual bullshit. Reminds of that other game with the whole "I'm so insightful and smart, I'd be a great teacher because I speak the REAL truth! Now, let me comically deride your character and sex you." A whole bunch of nonsense dressed up as wisdom in long-winded, self-indulgent tirades and diatribes. In what world would this cock be considered a good teacher?

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I don't 'review' unfinished games as I don't think it's fair and I've also played a few games from here that have been going really well and then totally fucked up the ending, ruining the game. But this game doesn't know what it want's to be, it's all over the place and often the 'story' just doesn't make any sense. There was an entire update that just got removed and retconned into a 'side-story' because it was so off the wall and made absolutely zero sense. Every update seems to introduce some kind of conflict to the story but there's no reason for it and the dev hasn't tried to resolve anything yet. The character is 'supposed' to be a confident 'alpha' male but he's recovering from mental health issues and just seems like a pansy in most of his dealings with people, cluelessly letting things happen around him and not doing his research/homework in order to know what he's dealing with.

And why does he look like John Cena?

Ramsay_Bolton Can you tell me what is occurring in the game that is 'good' or something that you're currently enjoying?

Personally, I don't like the MC, he treats people like shit, whatever decisions you choose, his family is dysfunctional and fairly cliched for this type of game and I couldn't tell you the names of any students if my life depended on it. I know the red headed twins but that's about it. There is no redeeming part of the current story/game that appeals to me and I'm betting that is what is driving the bad reviews. A story needs to have something that it's audience relates to or at least desires in order for it to garner appreciation and I can't find anything in this game for me.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I've done some thinking about what we've seen so far, and I keep coming back to the idea that the MC is meeting with the psychologist, right? I assume it wasn't a "final session" or anything, but rather just the session before taking the job at the school. Rather than have the story proceed on a day-by-day basis, I think it might help if each new release was a week later, not counting side stories or specials. The new release could then have (begin with?) some part of a session with the doctor where the MC talks about the struggle he's having.

Even though I'm not sure this would make anything cohesive exactly, it at least could ameliorate things by helping players get into the MC's head more. One of the biggest problems I think I have with really getting into the game more is that reasons for things and interplay between events seems unclear, to say the least. But another huge difficulty for me is not really feeling like I can connect with the protagonist I'm playing. If the only motivation is sex drive, the MC is pretty flat and less relatable.

For instance, he may be struggling with hyperactive sexuality, but doesn't he ever worry that he'll be caught or that he'll cause serious damage by his actions? I don't understand what really happened in his past to the girl he believes he hurt, but wouldn't that somehow ripple out and at least steer him toward more caution if not hesitancy when considering involvement with other girls? Where is the internal struggle described in the opening of the game? I don't feel like we've seen that at all since then, just the enslavement to his fleshly appetites. That's fine, but it's not a very understandable character when that's the only thing driving him.

Oct 27, 2017
Dude walking up in here like he knows wtf hes talking about lol, if you had been here since the beginning you would understand the utter bollocks this games turned into.

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
I don't understand, there's a Christmas special, without any lewed scene?, what's the point of that? seriously, as for the game, it would be infinitely better after the 1st version follows that same line, spying on the daughters, being a pervert or not after all there would be the line of love/corruption/domination, for me it would be much better

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

tohot2pimp

Nov 9, 2017
There is a lewd scene in the new update. Not sure if you need the patch to access with it since it happen with one of the younger looking girls (no spoiler, is not one of the daughters.)

I always felt holiday special in these games were a waste of a release, since usually they are not part of the story or out of continuity.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I can understand the surprise about the 1 or 2 stars reviews. I mean, if this game already was 1 star, then what would be the rating, if the graphics was horrible (and there are many games with laughable graphics here), the story non-existant (and there are games with just and bad excuse of a story), the game mechanics was just not playable (we know there are not so few...) and the updates would happen after more than a year and were small then? There needs to be some space to lower (and higher as well!) ratings, I think. I understand that some regard 1 star just because it is not the own cup of tea or has some weaknesses in the story as a bit unfair. And yes, I agree that rating an unfinished work in progress also can be seen as a bit unfair.

Ramsay_Bolton

Jul 24, 2018
@Ramsay_Bolton Can you tell me what is occurring in the game that is 'good' or something that you're currently enjoying?
I think the first blowjob scene with wife was great. Characters and renders are also look pretty good. And that's promising.

But I agree that writing and personality of the girls and mc are confusing at best. The game is in such an early stage that dev still can fix many of the issues. Every game should be criticized to point out to its problems to be fixed, but marking it as total trash(not you but as some people did) in this stage can be discouraging to the developer and doesn't do fair to their work.

Again, I do agree it has many problems, but just don't think it warrants 1-2* reviews.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I can understand the surprise about the 1 or 2 stars reviews. I mean, if this game already was 1 star, then what would be the rating, if the graphics was horrible (and there are many games with laughable graphics here), the story non-existant (and there are games with just and bad excuse of a story), the game mechanics was just not playable (we know there are not so few...) and the updates would happen after more than a year and were small then? There needs to be some space to lower (and higher as well!) ratings, I think. I understand that some regard 1 star just because it is not the own cup of tea or has some weaknesses in the story as a bit unfair. And yes, I agree that rating an unfinished work in progress also can be seen as a bit unfair.
some weaknesses in the story
Oh my friend !!! some weakness in the story !!!! you got the point here.
I don't know if like me, you played this VN since the beginning, but for those who did, the story started very well then went down to the drain with the second update, then there was a try to save it from a dumpster fire just to throw it into a mud pool where it's now stuggling to not drown completely into shit!

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Same here, better ignore the one star ratings. For me it's something between 2-3 stars if I had to rate it now. My conclution: This game has serious problems with the story after v0.1, there I completely agree. Also the storytelling is not really good, and some typos and "engrish", too. But also the "technical" side of the game is actually quite good. The renders are nice, the girls are hot, also some animations - for me above average on this game aspects. Funny: in most other game threads it would get many 5 star ratings because of the graphics (which is for me also nonsense doing that)...

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes