3.40 star(s) 89 Votes
May 30, 2020
Dear Dev!

Your game...could be awesome. Your characters are lovely, one of the best CG-s i ever saw.

However: if you will follow the practice that you update the existing story, so we need to play again to see the additions we will freak out. Iterative game development do not work like this - i mean some try, for example the dev of Haley, but he finished a whole storyline at the end of the game and later added a sideline as an additional option.

Try not to update existing parts again...its the 3rd release (?) and you changed every time. Add consequtive pieces to the story please.

Thanks!!!

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Dear Dev!

Your game...could be awesome. Your characters are lovely, one of the best CG-s i ever saw.

However: if you will follow the practice that you update the existing story, so we need to play again to see the additions we will freak out. Iterative game development do not work like this - i mean some try, for example the dev of Haley, but he finished a whole storyline at the end of the game and later added a sideline as an additional option.

Try not to update existing parts again...its the 3rd release (?) and you changed every time. Add consequtive pieces to the story please.

Thanks!!!
The update IS part of the main story. It isn't just a side thing of no consequence. While I agree I would have preferred the update to include it as just part of the main game instead (Just make a cut-away or a "meanwhile" sequence before cutting back), it probably makes sense from a development standpoint to kinda tack it on the side for now. It gets kinda messy having the story split like this but at least it's actually meaningful here. It remains to be seen how things progress, though.

Budgy75

Jan 11, 2021
i always find it useful to read the developer notes and change log before playing an update to any game. This allows me to know exactly what to expect from the update/side story. It work perfectly and loved the extra depth its given to the characters. I love the idea of the mini spin off to do this. @ The Dev, the renders in this are beautiful, great work. I am very much looking forward to future updates. Thank you

Proffejor

Mar 2, 2020
I just realized that I would love to see an anti-incest patch for a game.

Like imagine a game with a relationship between people who live together without romantic involvement even though the story hints strongly that they are not blood relatives, but with an "awkward dialogue" patch that makes the characters reiterate how they are essentially complete genetic strangers every time they talk to each other.

So, without the patch, the dialogue is like "I find you attractive, but I acknowledge that we are close like family, and I am concerned that it might get weird if I pursued you romantically." but WITH the patch, the characters say "I am interested how we have no shared relatives going back for so many generations. No, really, I traced both of our family trees back to pre-revolutionary war times, and we have zero shared ancestors, which sure is lucky, because I find you hot. Seriously, like far beyond a reasonable time frame in which genetic compatibility might be a consideration, we have family trees that are 100% divergent! Exhaustive research shows our lines were not even friends previously so it's even impossible that we could be partially related via an affair that was kept secret."

This admittedly has nothing to do with Buried Desires or anything, just a random thought that made me chuckle, and I figured I would share as I hope it might bring a smile.

Scarecrow13

Jul 16, 2017
I'll go on record saying I loved the Side Story. With a large cast, it could easily devolve into trying to spread attention too thin. The side story allows for a short (but not too short!), intensely-focused exploration of the characters. And Ava/Olivia's story shows a lot of complexity. I very much enjoyed it - it wasn't a tin-eared, one-note cliche.

And with that focus coming on the side, so to speak, then the overall story can evolve organically without trying to do everything at the same time. Kudos! Keep it up. I'll look forward to more.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Not good putting this side stuff as basically a separate game. Should be part of main rather than separate - I mean you have to give your name again at the start so it really IS a different game. It doesn't affect the main game either that way.

And is it REALLY necessary to require the incest patch to change "landlady" to "wife?" Nowhere on Earth is it considered incest to have sex with one's wife - unless she happens to also be otherwise closely related.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I'm indecisive about the update, I didn't like Olivia's personality before the update and the first part didn't help her case but I think your goal with the side story was to make her more sympathetic because of her new "victim" role and also to make the player hate her parents.
When did this side story take place in the timeline of the main game? At the end when the choice for the phonecall takes place I thought it could be at the time when the MC is knocked out by Luna and that is the reason why the MC didn't pick up the phone himself.

CorruptKing

Sep 12, 2020
Hey guys, i hope you are all okay !
V0.1.5 is open for download ( Pc G-drive only right now, Mac is uploading )

And please don't forget to read Developer Notes & Changelog before asking question

I hope you like it, love you all!
Gonna download now and give my thoughts after, can't wait to see what's new.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
really? instead of focusing on the main story you add side stories? A pointless update... save files are mixed with the main plot saves :FacePalm:
I hope dev's focus & time on main story won't be decreased because of these side stories. Family is more important than class girls.
How about reading the changelog instead of complaining. The side story is part of the main story.

Reactions: Ayhsel

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
How about reading the changelog instead of complaining. The side story is part of the main story.
I know side story is part of main story. But, it won't effect the things chosen in main story. So, yeah, i still consider them as side stuff like spin off or extra bonus content. Even if we don't play them, there's nothing you loose in terms of main story and family girls.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
At the end when the cunt said "you going to hate me", she couldn't be more right. Now i hate this game, nice move dev we hate you now and you will never get a cent from me !!:sneaky:
All that bad girl thing is getting ridiculous, i hope i will have the opportunity to either kill that brat or at least to torture her a bit and maybe cutting her ears, her nose and snapping some fingers before putting her in a bag and carry her to my sister!! :giggle:

tohot2pimp

Nov 9, 2017
I agree with the part that this side story is not part of the main game (unless this is just a preview that will be added into the main story in a later update.) IF you have to re-enter your name, it's obviously not keeping the save from the original story, so choices will be meaningless.

Advise would be to just do the whole main story first and then do side story with the other characters, or just add everything narrative wise into the main story.

Did anyone else side story game ending abruptly when Olivia is making the decision to go with the third option?

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes