3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
We all know rule 34. I wonder if there is a rule that says everything somehow satisfies a fetish. So I'm not surprised that this update also finds its advocates.

Reactions: Tavi13

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
This last updated was weird, I liked the new girl, but some points were too weird and what I most deslike was that we (as players) haven't given opportunities to choose to fuck that girl in the gas station (?) bathroom, or the new girl in the hotel room or punch or not Luna...

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Finished the update a couple days ago and as much as I thought I'd hate it after reading all the negative reviews, it wasn't that bad imo. Clearly Dev decided to focus this update on Luna, aka the cliffhanger from the last update. Personally, I was really interested in her story so I didn't mind the detour from the rest of the story.

From what I gathered, Luna and her uncle (the MC) previously had a close relationship, just how close is a little fuzzy as there are accusations of abandonment or not looking for the other combined with the MC leaving his family and his middle daughter is pissed off and hurt/disappointed with him? I get that parts of this update come off as a fever dream where events are referenced without the appropriate context of when and what the fuck is going on.

All I was able to walk away from in this update was Luna is involved is some shady shit with scary people and she was acting out with the specific purpose of trying to keep her family safe by not being around her. I'm curious how the hell those 2 'people' managed to know just where the MC and Luna were considering how far and remote that motel was. I didn't understand the forced sex with the lady at the gas station or the girl at the motel, other than to paint the MC of being incapable of keeping his desires in check.

Honestly, with how many times this story/game has been edited/changed, I just hope there is a clear narrative and direction how this story is ultimately going to progress, because right now, I'm left intrigued but scratching my head trying to predict WTF is going to happen next.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Finished the update a couple days ago and as much as I thought I'd hate it after reading all the negative reviews, it wasn't that bad imo. Clearly Dev decided to focus this update on Luna, aka the cliffhanger from the last update. Personally, I was really interested in her story so I didn't mind the detour from the rest of the story.

From what I gathered, Luna and her uncle (the MC) previously had a close relationship, just how close is a little fuzzy as there are accusations of abandonment or not looking for the other combined with the MC leaving his family and his middle daughter is pissed off and hurt/disappointed with him? I get that parts of this update come off as a fever dream where events are referenced without the appropriate context of when and what the fuck is going on.

All I was able to walk away from in this update was Luna is involved is some shady shit with scary people and she was acting out with the specific purpose of trying to keep her family safe by not being around her. I'm curious how the hell those 2 'people' managed to know just where the MC and Luna were considering how far and remote that motel was. I didn't understand the forced sex with the lady at the gas station or the girl at the motel, other than to paint the MC of being incapable of keeping his desires in check.

Honestly, with how many times this story/game has been edited/changed, I just hope there is a clear narrative and direction how this story is ultimately going to progress, because right now, I'm left intrigued but scratching my head trying to predict WTF is going to happen next.
That’s a good summary of what I feel about it too. I’ve been a patron of this since the second update but I’m on the fence now, hoping for some narrative clarity in the next update or I’ll have to rethink that.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
One possible approach to this project just occurred to me:
The things our protagonist does (or doesn't do) affect our protagonist's past. What does that mean? At the beginning, we still have our MC as we knew him from previous updates and it was assumed that he was faithful etc.. Through decisions in subsequent updates (flings or avoiding them) more and more is revealed. For example, if he mounts everything that crosses his path, as happened in 0.2 the relationship with his daughters deteriorates and it comes out that he actually had this affair with the student, while a neutral to faithful MC continues to have a good relationship with his daughters. This does create extra work for the dev, but it increases the replay value and would probably also reduce the harsh criticism the project has received.

About the niece: Here I have the feeling that they wanted to be overly edgy and clearly overshot the mark. I don't know what the goal is, but if it boils down to a global political conspiracy to raise R'lyeh from the ocean and awaken the Great Old One Cthulhu it's a bit too much. The approach was not bad at all: The niece is in a gang and involved in criminal actions. Here, however, one should downsize 3-4 steps and give the MC the opportunity to rebuild his relationship with his estranged niece and help her out of the gang and also repair her relationship with her sister and her mother.

In short: The project does have potential, but in the 0.2 update they pretty much took the cake. As for the excess of edgy scenarios and situations: there are some projects that do that quite well, even in the context of drama. However, while other projects seem more like Rango, this one seems very artificial and inorganic and I would rather compare it to Michael Bay's Turtles movie or the Ghostbusters reboot from 2016 (I'm sorry, but that's just my impression and I don't enjoy comparing other people's work to this filth). I think the dev just has to find his personal style and then take it one step at a time. It doesn't help anyone if you are bombarded with new characters all the time and you don't have time to develop sympathy for them because they don't have a chance to develop a personality.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Jumping from one story scenario to the next like a Tarantino Pulp Fiction style of story telling just isn't going to work. There is just no continuity with the MC, so we the player feel disengaged and confused. Can anyone honestly say where the next chapter will be set with any certainty? Will he be back at work in the school? Will it be family drama? Will it be random sex with new characters? Will it be in outer space and aliens?

y0rthan

Apr 4, 2021
I only recently discovered this game, but I was still shocked at how quickly the latest revision seemingly undid everything about the MC that I thought the previous versions brought to his character, to the point where I was genuinely disappointed when he ended up not dying thanks to the crack whore ex machina, though her story was a bit sad too.

I think some authors, whether VN or old-school (or movies or anything else) sometimes forget about the unspoken contract they have with their readers/players, established in the beginning of their work. At the start of any piece of fiction, the general understanding is "Hi, I'm the author, this is my style, and this is the premise I'd like you to buy into, and if you're fine with that, please continue to be invested, otherwise good luck finding something that appeals to you." But most of the people who followed this, from the sound of it felt like a bait and switch had transpired, and I kinda felt it too. Nothing about that opening screen, font, music, character models, color scheme, etc., even hinted at gang violence, random unavoidable post-neg gas station sex, punching one's own niece, or being shot by organized crime.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Not exactly, but there is rule 36: "No matter what it is, it is somebody's fetish"....close enough :)
He gained players just by the fact that in the last update there is a lot of sex, this demonstrate that most players don't care about the story, they just want ass, tits, pussies and a lot of mindless fuck so they can "wankalot and cumalot" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game is dark .. MC got hit with a baseball bat in the head ... figure you would just sit there and take it
from the batterer, did you not? You would just take the beating and shake it off?
You got knocked out. I guess any sensible bloke would burst into tears after such a beating, no?

Well .. our MC is a seasoned abuser / abuse hardened individual.
Kids are abusing most of the time: mean, bullying, condescending, inconsiderate, violent.
MC had to ponder actually giving the skank a beating for most of the day and only administered
a pale to seethrough attempt to show he still gives a damn about her education.

What did he get 4 that? Nothing but heartache, couple of rounds to the chest, life slipping away.

What a hard knock life of a parent this turned out to be, eh?

Reactions: Grelk

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
He gained players just by the fact that in the last update there is a lot of sex, this demonstrate that most players don't care about the story, they just want ass, tits, pussies and a lot of mindless fuck so they can "wankalot and cumalot" :ROFLMAO:
Hehe, whatever gets him supporters :)

I'm just hoping the dev figures out what story he wants to tell and sticks with it. Couple more updates with shifts this extreme, and I don't think anyone will be left to see where it goes.

RR6612

Sep 3, 2017
Hehe, whatever gets him supporters :)

I'm just hoping the dev figures out what story he wants to tell and sticks with it. Couple more updates with shifts this extreme, and I don't think anyone will be left to see where it goes.
Atleast it would be a wild ride.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Atleast it would be a wild ride.
Thats true. Personally if I want a ride that wild, I'll log off and go find a roller-coaster with no seatbelts.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how everything plays out in the next update to find out.

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
I'm going to reserve judgement about this VN until I play a couple more releases, but for anyone reading, I do have to say that the abrupt change in tone and story flow between release 1 and release 2 was....... jarring. I guess we'll see what shakes out on the next chapter.
I think we'll definitely understand more after subsequent releases. I first played it starting with 0.2 so, to me, it feels like the story and its stakes are escalating rather than flipping everything from its first release.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Actually just started playing the game , but for reason i came back to read the last few pages before continuing playing and i can say it just made me delete the game instantly.

Good luck dev is all i can say.
It's an unique experience lol. That's all I can really say. I'm still shocked he gained donations. To me at this moment it is a dumpster fire and I even enjoyed the causal sex scenes.

I will continue just to see what in the hell happens next. Aliens? Prison sex? Alien Prison sex? Hell if I know...

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
It's an unique experience lol. That's all I can really say. I'm still shocked he gained donations. To me at this moment it is a dumpster fire and I even enjoyed the causal sex scenes.

I will continue just to see what in the hell happens next. Aliens? Prison sex? Alien Prison sex? Hell if I know...
Yeah the animations are top tier, but I have no idea wth is happening with the story, and not in the 'A history of violence' kind of sense that I feel the game is going for, but in a 'Oh hi Mark' sort of way.

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes