3.40 star(s) 89 Votes
Oct 31, 2019
I rarely comment, but this game was in my top of the list as most anticipated. What happened man. What we got with the original release to where we are was not what expected. Feels like I went from playing one game to another game entirely. It's not too late to correct course, but it is completely dependent on what the author has in mind for the story. It just shifted way to hard to one direction.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I rarely comment, but this game was in my top of the list as most anticipated. What happened man. What we got with the original release to where we are was not what expected. Feels like I went from playing one game to another game entirely. It's not too late to correct course, but it is completely dependent on what the author has in mind for the story. It just shifted way to hard to one direction.
I think that's the general consensus around here right now. I'm all for the dev telling a story and I will stick around for another update at least to see how things go but as it stands I think it will be hard to keep people around who came for the original premise if it stays on this course.

I think a bit of transparency on the devs part would help immensely. So far though it has been radio silence. If they would address concerns and interact some more, at all really, I think people would be a bit less, confused we'll call it, about what is actually happening.

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
I think that's the general consensus around here right now. I'm all for the dev telling a story and I will stick around for another update at least to see how things go but as it stands I think it will be hard to keep people around who came for the original premise if it stays on this course.

I think a bit of transparency on the devs part would help immensely. So far though it has been radio silence. If they would address concerns and interact some more, at all really, I think people would be a bit less, confused we'll call it, about what is actually happening.
true the last post i saw from the dev was about the "leak" and strangely he leaked it himself by leaving the download links in the patreon post visible for all.... seems very strange.

Reactions: Larry2000

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Lol i swore some of you guys make up the craziest "stories" to defend devs Lol (theres hints at the shrinks, etc..)

When its very clear the devs "plan" was to show how "smart" Luna is by trying to make her uncle hate her so he'd leave and won't get shot, thats what the whole scene was about but it was executed poorly by making Luna "force mc to hit her" If the Dev spend more time on build up or even have Luna start smacking him it wouldn't have felt so forced and out of character. The only thing the Dev manged to achieve was making the MC look like a little bitch that can't take small insults that even a child would brush off, it makes even less sense that the MC is suppose to be a well respected teacher, and if anyone knows anything about teaching high schoolers you know getting teased and insults is just part of the job. Which means that little insulting she did shouldn't have really affect him at all considered he'd be use to getting insulted by students daily

TLDR, I get what the dev was trying to do but it was poorly done

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
true the last post i saw from the dev was about the "leak" and strangely he leaked it himself by leaving the download links in the patreon post visible for all.... seems very strange.
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the alleged leak. It doesn't seem accidental though, and unless they can't edit the patreon for some reason it's still there for everyone to see. I don't know.

Reactions: Majindevil

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I've been thinking about this for the last few days, also mulling over my own post, and this is my conclusion:

The primary problem, as others and I have already addressed, is the lack of communication. If we look at the starting post, as an example, by and large we have nothing that has alerted us to the developments in the update. If we interpret it very openly, at most the tags Corruption and Male Domination indicate something. The introductory sentence, on the other hand, was rather irritating. Personally, I would have expected less that it would apparently develop in the direction of organized crime and conspiracies.

In general, I think communication is very important. I don't expect to be told the entire plot, on the contrary, that would be very counterproductive. What you have to keep in mind, though: There is content that everyone reacts to differently. To come back to Pen&Paper for the umpteenth time, communication is important here: For example, you know that many people don't react positively to gore, splatter or (sexual) violence against women and or children, or don't want that in their plot. In Pen&Paper you have to discuss with your group what is ok for them (if you are a DM who is halfway good and wants his players to have fun) and where the limits are.

Here, of course, such a thing does not work, but there are other approaches. If we assume that the developer has planned at least 3-4 updates in advance and does not create each update on the fly according to gut feeling, then, for example, a warning in the start post and possibly the tags (if there are any for this) would have been an enormous help.

And especially if you have now possibly not yet published any projects is with rather debatable content warnings and hints that are apparent, I think very important. From a second project on, people can then take the first project as a reference, as you eventually develop your own style.

As someone who is not a Patreon does not know is: Was there any communication about this development with the Patreons of the developer, in which direction this version would go? If so, and his Patreons have largely reacted positively up front with this development, while everywhere else the general basic reaction has been negative, then they would either be colossal trolls or quite concerning.

I think what would be most helpful right now would be a statement from the developer. Was 0.2 always planned to be this way? Might it have just been an experiment and they wanted to see what the feedback was like?

Depending on how such questions are answered, people might be more forgiving or turn their backs on the project simply because it's not their thing.

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Freaking great update from v0.1 to 0.2. lots of content. Much bigger and quicker realse then most other games. Hopefully most will be this quick and size.

Hoping though there will be some later pregnancy options. Who knows.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
As someone who is not a Patreon does not know is: Was there any communication about this development with the Patreons of the developer, in which direction this version would go? If so, and his Patreons have largely reacted positively up front with this development, while everywhere else the general basic reaction has been negative, then they would either be colossal trolls or quite concerning.

I think what would be most helpful right now would be a statement from the developer. Was 0.2 always planned to be this way? Might it have just been an experiment and they wanted to see what the feedback was like?

Depending on how such questions are answered, people might be more forgiving or turn their backs on the project simply because it's not their thing.
On SubStar (cuz Fuck Patreon with a splintery wooden spike) Throughout development time he was posting "game renders" now I am not high enough tier to read the details but the renders would have shown all the women who were in the chapter so clearly a detour. So I do not think any Sub (or Patron) was shocked at the direction. It is only the pirates. Because free means not up to date on things. Cost of piracy. I pay it for 90% of the games I play because I cannot afford to sub too many.

For what that's worth. Not that it will do anything about complaints.

PEACE

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
The dev will be making an announcement soon, regarding this update and the next one moving forward.
I'm not going to go in to details, as i am sure they will share what they want to regarding their current situation, so if all of the people bashing the dev here could at least wait until said announcement, that would be great.

PS: Oh and despite the current spreading rumors, No the game is NOT cancelled, and No characters are not being removed from the game.

Last edited:

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
The dev will be making an announcement soon, regarding this update and the next one moving forward.
I'm not going to go in to details, as i am sure they will share what they want to regarding their current situation, so if all of the people bashing the dev here could at least wait until said announcement, that would be great.

PS: Oh and despite the current spreading rumors, No the game is NOT cancelled, and No characters are not being removed from the game.
characters dont need to be removed i think as long as they are not FORCED on you its totally fine.
as an excample i dont like tattoos i really dont understand how a beautiful woman can do this to her body.
so luna is already off the table for me pair this with her attitude and behaviour she is a big red flag... when such a character is forced on you it can kill any enjoyment.

sure there are different tastes and all i understand that so it may turn away only a few people but done wrong can cause heavy demage.

as an excample: image if maya from being a DIK would look like this "beautiful" wom.....i mean ma.. ehem person....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

okay an extrem excample but i think so everyone understands what i try to say.

and now whoever clicked, google will help you finde a few numbers to help with your mental health ;)

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017

Never confuse genuine criticism with 'bashing the dev'. A lot of people had legitimate concerns with the story direction of this game. I for one, hope he takes the feedback on board and makes a course correction. All of us want this dev to succeed, that's why we play his game.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Never confuse genuine criticism with 'bashing the dev'. A lot of people had legitimate concerns with the story direction of this game. I for one, hope he takes the feedback on board and makes a course correction. All of us want this dev to succeed, that's why we play his game.
I'm not saying everyone does it, but quite a few do, i understand people's frustrations, it was a shock to me as well, but i'll wait and see where it goes from here, before bailing on the game.

Reactions: Watcher X

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
Well, that's why this game is called "Buried Desires". Because the MC's desires gonna be buried with him. And in the next version we're gonna be introduced to the new MC - the son of current MC and that drug addict he fucked.
...So, another shota/shouta/-boku/-kun incest story, huh?

Zabon

Feb 22, 2018
This story is all over the place. It's reminding me of every terrible student script I've ever had to read in college. It starts out with a hint of coherence as if it's actually going to make sense, then suddenly veers off and becomes something completely different in a very unsatisfying way with characters I don't care anything about. The character models are great, the animations are good, but god that writing is pretty bad. I'm not going to assume intent, but it really comes across like the devs had no idea what story they wanted to tell and just decided to full stop and change direction halfway through. It's a complete mess and makes no sense. I'm not going to say there's nothing of value here, but in its current state this is not worth reading.

As others have said, I don't have any particular feelings towards the devs, I don't care. I'm merely looking at this game objectively and finding that I just don't understand, nor care, where this story is going because it hasn't given me any reasons TO care. The main character becomes a different person from the intro instantly, and once .2 begins it's like we're in a completely different game/story. There's little to nothing connecting .1 to .2, it's like they're two different stories that have been pasted next to each other, and both are probably fine individually. The problem is that you're trying to meld them together and it's not going work. I just don't believe that the characters and events of .2 connect in any way to what is established in .1. That being said, .2 would probably work on its own as the establishment to its own story. I really think that the dev needs to take some time to figure out which story he wants to tell and stick to it.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Someone plz tell me what happened to this game:( Everything was going well and then this last update the story just wentto shit!!!! Just crazy…. Did the writer quit or something?
It's all speculation. Same writer from what I understand. Everyone has a theory on why. The one that makes the most sense to me is the dev wanted to avoid the headache of a loli vn and decided to test how players would react without them...

The only theory I have ruled out at this time is the lizard overlord secret message. But just barely...

• Sad
Reactions: Tavi13 and IceL33
3.40 star(s) 89 Votes