3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Its only .2, it defiantly was different than .1 but with the game only being 10 seconds old everything could end up just fine as progression is made. I didnt hate or love the update. The only real issue i had is the 2 sex scenes were kinda out of nowhere. Alot of over reaction here. Not a whole lot being said on discord, good or bad.

As for yelling for changes you all know changes usually kill a game, devs need to stick to their story and even with the posts here u are still the minority. People who support usually dont post anywhere, they find the game, play it and go support if they like it and are never heard from on any site.
Normally I would agree with you. The game is still young and is just introducing its characters. The prologue and v0.1 basically the MC, his family and relatives. And 0.15 the first girls from the school class.

But this update ruins the prologue and most of 0.1: the MC is suddenly a badass who hits girls and fucks total strangers (all without any choice). And that, although he is supposed to have never cheated on his wife... and he has a trauma because of a former student who is said to have killed herself because of our MC avoiding her! - and therefore now visits a therapist.

For me, this new behaviour in v0.2 doesn't fit at all with the first releases. Actually, he is now almost his evil twin brother who does everything differently (Jekyll / Hyde ?). And if this "new" MC was from the dev already planned from the beginning, then I feel even more screwed. That would mean that the first updates to v1.5 were only there to make the game known, to awake "buried desires" of us ;) (loli, incest) - and only now he/they tell us the "true story" of the MC. Sorry, but this now really looks like these early game updates were only to lure patrons...

Cochin

Sep 12, 2017
Everything that happened in the .2 update feels like something that should have happened in like... the .8 or .9 update. I mean... the game literally just started and I barely care about these characters... I just wanted to see some loli action yet now I'm watching a guy punch a chick, bang a druggie and get shot? What is even going on?

Torks11

Apr 17, 2020
Delaying loli content is a smart move, because there are people that are willing to keep coming back hoping it will be in the next update. Meanwhile the MC will just get completely random sex acts with random people like a stranger at a gas station. And you don't have to ever worry about violating Patreon rules. This wouldn't be the first game to pull this stunt.

I suppose you would have to call it false advertising. Especially if the family and school are going to play second fiddle to a weird psychological drama.
Ding ding ding. When it first came out I was surprised this game was on Patreon, so this move makes a lot of sense. I doubt it can continue as a loli game.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
Delaying loli content is a smart move, because there are people that are willing to keep coming back hoping it will be in the next update. Meanwhile the MC will just get completely random sex acts with random people like a stranger at a gas station. And you don't have to ever worry about violating Patreon rules. This wouldn't be the first game to pull this stunt.

I suppose you would have to call it false advertising. Especially if the family and school are going to play second fiddle to a weird psychological drama.
You mean like "Twin Peaks" revisited?...or "Twin Molehills" more like ;)
or in the case of the redheads "Quadruple Molehills" has a certain "je ne sais quoi", don't you think?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
what's new in version 0.2?
A plot escalation of sorts that most agree is not a good development.

A plot line that could hardly be more railroaded.

An MC who meanwhile gives the impression that he has the wrong profession.

And the pious wish that the official release of 0.2 will be different. Not necessarily realistic, but it's good to have dreams.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
A plot escalation of sorts that most agree is not a good development.

A plot line that could hardly be more railroaded.

An MC who meanwhile gives the impression that he has the wrong profession.

And the pious wish that the official release of 0.2 will be different. Not necessarily realistic, but it's good to have dreams.
the mc should never have punched that psychotic sissy Lucas at the bus stop...though admittedly, in his shoes, I would have done exactly the same. It's what chivalry is all about...and sadly nowadays the consequences too. You help innocent people in distress and you end up getting shot or knifed for it...God doesn't move in mysterious ways he doesn't even bother to get up off his ass to help virtue at all. Just changes the channel and, assuming he even exists, which I don't believe for a minute, looks the other way... more tea vicar?

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: jaw1986baby

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
That would have been the predecessor version. The current version has its focus on the protagonist's niece, but he gives her one as well. In my opinion, the scene was less about chivalry. At that point, there was still the impression of a competent teacher who cares about the safety of his students, and I'd argue that the twins were definitely at risk at that point.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
That would have been the predecessor version. The current version has its focus on the protagonist's niece, but he gives her one as well. In my opinion, the scene was less about chivalry. At that point, there was still the impression of a competent teacher who cares about the safety of his students, and I'd argue that the twins were definitely at risk at that point.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, what he did was nothing short of aggravated assault. A perfectly reasonable reaction to your niece's insults that are the equivalent of a kid on the school yard going "neener neener".

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
Yeah, what he did was nothing short of aggravated assault. A perfectly reasonable reaction to your niece's insults that are the equivalent of a kid on the school yard going "neener neener".
In my opinion, there was a lot more at play than just angry, shouted words. Luna was playing mind games, partly to do with her resentment of his neglect of her away from what was going on in the motel room itself and the mc's mind was already very fragile, his temperament clearly fractious and his self-restraint highly volatile from the suicide of his student for which he was still in the middle of therapy. When Luna saw that he was losing his self-control, she goaded him over and over to hit her, he lost control, he snapped and lashed out once, then upon coming to his senses was immediately sincerely remorseful.

As far as I am aware and I always stand to be corrected, aggravated assault, whether controlled or not, is usually intended to physically injure and incapacitate. This, in my opinion, was not the case or the objective in this instance and I think Betisis made a noticeable effort to convey this in the resulting scene.

For all these reasons, to me, the emotions, the bitterness (not towards each other) and the frustrations on both sides ran a whole lot deeper than just "neener neener". I am not in any way attempting to excuse the punch, I am trying to indicate what I thought were the forces in play that contributed to and ultimately caused the punch to be delivered.

• Angry
Reactions: Larry2000

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
So have any of you ever seen a Movie / TV Show where the undercover "good guy" has to get away or escape and the "Police" or "Guard" that knows he is good, wants to let him, but our Hero has to punch them to make it believable??

I know there are some language issues but the game made it clear that was what was going on (Sort of). She did not need a mark on her face so this was a bit of a twist (attempt) but she needed the Hero MC to let her go with these thugs so they didn't kill him. She thought the anger built up to make him punch her would do the trick, he would let her go and not get shot. But our Hero cannot roll that way he just got too worried about her safety so he tried to keep her from leaving.

In this context I'm less worried about the fact that I hit her than the fact that we were going to die if we did not fuck the apparent "crack whore" (who is really just a runaway pot head).

All of this trip, as weird as it was, was driven by the MC motivation to help Family/Children. He went to get Luna to convince her to get on board with her Mother and Sister moving in with his family.

He went along with her wishes because troubled teens sometimes need to feel they can trust you before they let you help them, IMO.

It just turned out to be way more serious and she was way deeper than he expected.

Reactions: _13_ and pgm_01

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
In my opinion, there was a lot more at play than just angry, shouted words. Luna was playing mind games, partly to do with her resentment of his neglect of her away from what was going on in the motel room itself and the mc's mind was already very fragile, his temperament clearly fractious and his self-restraint highly volatile from the suicide of his student for which he was still in the middle of therapy. When Luna saw that he was losing his self-control, she goaded him over and over to hit her, he lost control, he snapped and lashed out once, then upon coming to his senses was immediately sincerely remorseful.

As far as I am aware and I always stand to be corrected, aggravated assault, whether controlled or not, is usually intended to physically injure and incapacitate. This, in my opinion, was not the case or the objective in this instance and I think Betisis made a noticeable effort to convey this in the resulting scene.

For all these reasons, to me, the emotions, the bitterness (not towards each other) and the frustrations on both sides ran a whole lot deeper than just "neener neener". I am not in any way attempting to excuse the punch, I am trying to indicate what I thought were the forces in play that contributed to and ultimately caused the punch to be delivered.
OK, so perhaps I was wrong about the aggravated assault. But I still think the little "mind games" as you call it, were little more than childish insults by someone who was most likely under the influence. Maybe it's said more definitively whether she is or not but the writing in this update is sloppy at best so it was hard for me to understand what was going on for most of it but that's how it came across to me.

On the point of him feeling remorse, your right, it doesn't excuse it in the slightest. To top it off as others have said as well there is no way to avoid anything in this update and to me that scene in particular was just added for "shock and awe". If this is real nature of the MC this should have been built up to subtly, not like a shotgun blast to the face. At the very least just give the player an option. That's not what this response was initially about and I apologize for the tangent but it is very irksome to me.

Last edited:

RaBuddy

allegedly
Game Developer
Oct 20, 2020
The MC has problems. We get that from the shrink. This whole chapter could have just been a flashback. It doesn't jell with the tone and it leaves off on a new secondary character's flashback. We won't see anything justifying this or that will try to make any of this make sense for months. The fact that there is sex in it doesn't make it more tolerable.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I think most of you are overreacting, it was not that bad, wasn't that good, but the bitching and moaning over it is too much. Critique as you will, but tamp it down more. We will see how this plays out eventually, but we gotta wait till its actually out for the public, and see what Discord has to say before that. Until then chill, and don't go demanding that the creator back track, that's a biiiiiig nono. You never backtrack, you always own what you did, and fix it while you go.

We just gotta wait and see how Betisis is gonna own this and how shit gonna move forward from this stage.
I'll continue to express my views as I see fit, thank you. That is after all what a games discussion thread is for is it not?

CorruptKing

Sep 12, 2020
Honestly, seeing people saying "stop bitching" or "it wasn't that bad" really doesn't make sense when it's clear the overwhelming majority of people responding here who played the update really didn't like it.

The whole point of offering criticism when a creator goes off the rails like this is to try and help them learn and improve as a creator. All of the things we've pointed out have been things that are legitimate issues (characterization, sudden plot change, etc.) that plague many creators who forget to ensure proper flow of the plot.

It's not like we're ragging on the creator as a person, we're pointing the flaws out in their work so that they can improve.

Behappy69

Nov 3, 2020
I for one must say after reading the reply to CorruptKing from Gosamr that I do indead like the game but for me I just had a issue with the fact I saw no really progress in the the last 2 updates maybe because my saves didnt allow it as sometimes you need to reastart and I saw things about a junkie person and some random women I think but of course I think both were women. That there was nothing new for me in the last 2 updates. And I will say I do like the game a lot. I am only looking forward to new things 2 do and see. ;)

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
I'm always going to advocate for the dev to stay focused on their vision of the story they want to tell: Make the game they want to make.

That said, I'm getting a serious "Bait and switch" vibe here. I think the main priority of criticism here isn't with the update, it's with the premise from the start. What we were pitched is not what we got. I hope the game is going in the direction it is because it's the devs vision, and not a drastic change as a result of Patreon or some such (though I fear it's not the former)

At the end of the day the only thing I've lost is time, and not money, so I can't exactly start grabbing a pitchfork. Still I'd feel a little less slighted if (given the information provided on the main page) I didn't download this game thinking it was a dom-themed family harem game, which apparently is not what this game is about at all.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'm always going to advocate for the dev to stay focused on their vision of the story they want to tell: Make the game they want to make.

That said, I'm getting a serious "Bait and switch" vibe here. I think the main priority of criticism here isn't with the update, it's with the premise from the start. What we were pitched is not what we got. I hope the game is going in the direction it is because it's the devs vision, and not a drastic change as a result of Patreon or some such (though I fear it's not the former)

At the end of the day the only thing I've lost is time, and not money, so I can't exactly start grabbing a pitchfork. Still I'd feel a little less slighted if (given the information provided on the main page) I didn't download this game thinking it was a dom-themed family harem game, which apparently is not what this game is about at all.
I agree. I for one don't think it's a good idea for a dev to add, remove or change something in the game based off polls or votes, I don't know if that's happening here or not but once they start doing that to me it stops being a passion project of the dev and becomes a hodgepodge of different scenarios that are just aimed to please the supporters.

I do get the feeling myself there are outside influences to these decisions, be it actual votes or the dev discussing it with friends and such. It looks like he saw how touchy the incest and loli was on patreon and maybe even here and scrambled for something else. I hope I'm wrong but only time will tell.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Honestly, seeing people saying "stop bitching" or "it wasn't that bad" really doesn't make sense when it's clear the overwhelming majority of people responding here who played the update really didn't like it.

The whole point of offering criticism when a creator goes off the rails like this is to try and help them learn and improve as a creator. All of the things we've pointed out have been things that are legitimate issues (characterization, sudden plot change, etc.) that plague many creators who forget to ensure proper flow of the plot.

It's not like we're ragging on the creator as a person, we're pointing the flaws out in their work so that they can improve.
If that's how someone feels they should be just as vocal. I hate the hotel dialogue so damn much, but I had no issue him banging the hottie In the gas station bathroom.

I expressed both the things I like and the things I hate. After the short story it seems like a very different story over all with this last update. Some find that fine and others feel mislead.

Both sides should express their feelings, not just the ones that hate it but also the ones that feel "it wasn't that bad".

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes