3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
My guess for him removing some of the lewd scenes with the girls from the initial release is that since there wasn't any actual sex scenes with any of them it wouldn't make sense for the dev to add a patch for that content yet and since they look really young it would be better to remove that content for now so he doesn't get in trouble with patreon. All the other stuff you mentioned, you won't really find that many people that will disagree with you, the vast majority of people don't seem to like the luna/mafia content. I like her design but all the interactions we had so far in the game, made me really dislike her.
You may be right. Wish the dev would enlighten, though. He’s unnecessarily alienating his fan base with his silence on the subject.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
From discord server
BETISIS
It's been a long time since the last update, but now I can explain it, because of both family and personal problems
I agree that v0. 2 was not a good enough update, but the update I'm working on right now will take you back to the early days of the game as a genre
I did everything possible to continue to do this job in the right way, currently, the development process is ongoing
I've given up on a dark and tarantino-style story, but that doesn't mean that it will continue in a universe where everything is perfect, of course there will be drama-weighted scenes, but this time it will be much more reasonable.
I am eternally grateful for both your returns and your support so far View attachment 1316846
Finally some feedback from the dev.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well it looks like dev wanted to make another game as what prologue and up to version 1.5 showed. With a whole other tone and possibly other main chars and that is why the 0.2 did not fit with rest game and people went, what the hell.

Now in a way that is fine and up to a dev, but then also make it a whole new game with another name and be honest to your patrons, who came and supported you for a loli game about a teacher and his family. Not a dark crime story. If can add it to work load maybe make two games and charge per update so people only support for the game they want. Suddenly changing your game completely without warning, never works too well for your old supporters and what they were there to support in the first place.

To pull that off full honesty about it in advance and not surprising your supporters is the only way to go and even then you will lose loads of old supporters since they were there for something else, but at least it will hurt you less in future as long as make sure as a dev you do stay the course with new game and do not get a bad rep for never following through.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
There's a reason the name of the game is "Buried Desires".
This is a guy who from the outside looks like a proper family man; a teacher, someone who does the right thing, an upstanding hard-working person.
But inside, he can be twisted. Go thru his conversation with his therapist. She knows and tells him as much. Given the right triggers and circumstances, the MC will give in to his "buried desires"

cib64

Apr 7, 2021
Am I the only one who liked the story?
Actually i really liked the story, mysterious, suspenseful. But i guess people are angry because of the lol* thing, they expected something else not a story focused vn.
I'm not interested in lol* so i don't know what others are feeling. I found the interaction with different characters, family very cute and wholesome and sex scenes that are present are actually really good with great animations.
I know Dev has agreed to reduce the story elements and fulfill their demands on the request of his supporters. But i also hope Betisis finds a way to satisfy his supporters and still keep up the great story.
Well I'm not an expert writer so i didn't notice inconsistencies in the story, i played the game i really liked the story so far, so much so it actually felt it on par with best vns available.
All in all really really good game with great story, humor, cuteness, lovable characters, etc.
Good luck to Betisis for the future developement.

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
Am I the only one who liked the story?
Actually i really liked the story, mysterious, suspenseful. But i guess people are angry because of the lol* thing, they expected something else not a story focused vn.
I'm not interested in lol* so i don't know what others are feeling. I found the interaction with different characters, family very cute and wholesome and sex scenes that are present are actually really good with great animations.
All in all really really good game with great story, humor, cuteness, lovable characters, etc.
Good luck to Betisis for the future developement.
Uhh, in case you didn't noticed (if you actually read these comments), people weren't complaining about the "family, cuteness, humor and lovable characters" part - in fact, many people want for author to return the story to that direction. What people actually disliked is the part that came after that - the one that features all that mandatory "fuck some random junkie, hit your niece" and mafia shit.

cib64

Apr 7, 2021
But i guess people are angry because of the lol* thing, they expected something else not a story focused vn.
Uhh, in case you didn't noticed (if you actually read these comments), people weren't complaining about the "family, cuteness, humor and lovable characters" part - in fact, many people want for author to return the story to that direction. What people actually disliked is the part that came after that - the one that features all that mandatory "fuck some random junkie, hit your niece" and mafia shit.
I feel like, I'm saying the same thing, that some people want to see more of "non-Tarantino style" story.

Most of my comment was just my personal review for the game, and not comment on the"situation".

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I feel like, I'm saying the same thing, that some people want to see more of "non-Tarantino style" story.

Most of my comment was just my personal review for the game, and not comment on the"situation".
lets stop trying to compare this VN to Tarantino....
cause this is nothing like Tarantino movies etc....
EDIT : Tarantino style .... HAHAHA...damn..gotta admit it's still funny :)))

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021

I was just struck by the thought that what you said was actually not directed at people like Grizloy but rather at people who are still asking what happened in 0.2 after Betisis' statement. The criticism after the inconsistencies in the plot, I summarized in a post some time ago from my point of view and I just assume that you - understandably - had no interest to turn back all the pages, especially since we have been going in circles here for some time. Therefore, here is a little summary from me:

At the end of the update, the protagonist is critically injured. I don't know how long such a gunshot wound needs to heal completely, but I think it is quite likely to take several months. However, this contradicts the events of the side story with the twins, where he comes to the aid of the two. Chronologically, this event is not clearly definitive, but must play relatively shortly after the 0.1 (?) update where he gets a beating from his niece.

He said at the beginning in his interview that he has experience with more difficult students and dealing with them. In 0.2, his niece, who was under the influence of drugs at the time, manages to irritate him so much that he hits her in the face. It has been clearly criticized several times, including by me, that a (good) teacher, as the protagonist is supposed to be, should not be so easily ruffled.

As for plot expectations, here are my personal expectations: I have, for example, rather with drama in the form by the yellow press, the parents of the student who killed herself and through this pressure also problems arise in family life, which he then tackles together with the obvious problems in the families of his students.

No big nono was the apparent irrelevance of our choices in 0.2. I have an understanding that some things are necessary to make things happen, but here this was an absolute railroad in which the player was stripped of his complete autonomy. In pen & paper RPGs, and pretty much any semi-interactive story, that's pretty much a cardinal sin.

As for Tarantino, I've already elaborated on the previous page why it didn't work here, but can certainly work in VN and which VN I think is relatively close to it.

Reactions: turgsh01

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
But the problem is not about the quality of the game, it's about the fact that the game started in one direction and suddently makes a U turn and start another story that seemed a lot inconsistent.
In the last update the MC starts to behave like some though guy with a bad temper who punches his niece, who fucks a random whore in a restroom then a crazy girl in a motel room for no reason and end up caught in a gun fight !!
The only explanation would be that the MC went crazy after getting hit on the head, he was already seeing a psychiatrist, and start to behave randomly.
There are two solutions, either the dev decided that the story about loli and school was lame and thaught it would be better to change for more drama and sex scenes, either all this has been planed to tell us the story of a good teacher who went south after getting a brain trauma.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Heading toward the neighborhood of "The Headmaster" and "Ecchi Sensei," then suddenly taking a hard right to "The Guardian."
lets stop trying to compare this VN to Tarantino....
cause this is nothing like Tarantino movies etc....
EDIT : Tarantino style .... HAHAHA...damn..gotta admit it's still funny :)))
True--not enough feet.
But the problem is not about the quality of the game, it's about the fact that the game started in one direction and suddently makes a U turn and start another story that seemed a lot inconsistent.
In the last update the MC starts to behave like some though guy with a bad temper who punches his niece, who fucks a random whore in a restroom then a crazy girl in a motel room for no reason and end up caught in a gun fight !!
The only explanation would be that the MC went crazy after getting hit on the head, he was already seeing a psychiatrist, and start to behave randomly.
There are two solutions, either the dev decided that the story about loli and school was lame and thaught it would be better to change for more drama and sex scenes, either all this has been planed to tell us the story of a good teacher who went south after getting a brain trauma.
Perhaps he's still unconscious from being hit over the head with a bat. That could cause some heavy damage.

Reactions: Kukipett

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
But i guess people are angry because of the lol* thing, they expected something else not a story focused vn.
Some might be, but most are actually angry because the story started one way, then pulled a 180 faster than I can pound shots on a Friday night.

If the dev wants to make a story about a teacher banging his students/etc, great!
If the dev wants to make a story about a teacher beating women and fucking crack-whores, great!
If the dev wants to make a story about both, with a rapid back-and-forth every release (which is what currently happened) not great. At all. Expect to completely piss off/lose both crowds.

I'm sure there is a niche crowd that will love & appreciate that style (Internet Rule: 36), if the dev is good enough to actually do it well, but that style would definitely be for a niche crowd.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
What is the TLDR of the situation? The dev wants to remove loli content from the game? Kind of weird because that tag attracted most people towards his patreon account.
It's been a long time since the last update, but now I can explain it, because of both family and personal problems
I agree that v0. 2 was not a good enough update, but the update I'm working on right now will take you back to the early days of the game as a genre
I did everything possible to continue to do this job in the right way, currently, the development process is ongoing
I've given up on a dark and tarantino-style story, but that doesn't mean that it will continue in a universe where everything is perfect, of course there will be drama-weighted scenes, but this time it will be much more reasonable.
I am eternally grateful for both your returns and your support so far

3.40 star(s) 89 Votes