3.40 star(s) 89 Votes

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
would be nice to be honest for that to happen...since ver0.2 was....utter shit...
guess we'll see soon-ish..
yea her name was Luna
i hope so too really liked the start and was already disapointed with the disconnected sidestory but after trying v2 i wish i had a record of my face... really not my thing...

great i rememberd the name right i think she made a bigger impact on me (in a negative way^^) just had no way to check atm
hdd crash on sunday and still recovering my files :cautious: (damn deep scan and rebulding 200gb of data and sort out my savegames, daz scenes and model duf´s takes some time)

maybe if it releases fast enough it will be the first renpy game on the new OS and he/she better dont spoil the celebreation ;)

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
after the last tone shift i expect aliens or zombies ;)
but jokes aside i hope the ver.2 update just got scrapped and the whole niece (i think luna was it?) just gets scrapped and we can finally see how he copes with his new job, family, and his new students.

by looking at the patreon numbers i think (hopefully not too posive) the later will happen.
I think I'd prefer chapter 2 be edited a bit rather than cut altogether. I'm sure a few changes to the script could tie everything all together without the major shift in tone.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I think I'd prefer chapter 2 be edited a bit rather than cut altogether. I'm sure a few changes to the script could tie everything all together without the major shift in tone.
Yeah we should not lose the Niece. We need to fuck her with her sister in the future, while they eat out their mom.

I think he should just transition back to family/student story with some "stuff happened" kind of glossing over the mafia story and ending it.

Tarock

Feb 21, 2018
* This unofficial port/version/code is not released by developer, download at your own risk
if you can find the link

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Since the last update (0.2) largely ignores everything that came before it, except that you were knocked out by your niece, you have to wait to see what the next update brings. Until then, the side story is a case of Schrödinger's cat and thus canon and non-canon at the same time. But yes, that the last official version simply ignores the events of the side story or ensures that the events of the subplot have no suitable time was one of the criticisms that I have already addressed here. Fortunately, I've never been shot, but I seriously doubt that such a life-threatening gunshot wound will allow you to return to your normal life all too quickly, while the subplot has to take place pretty close to the time when the MC takes his job, a week or so at the most.

Pulse12

Sep 7, 2018
Since the last update (0.2) largely ignores everything that came before it, except that you were knocked out by your niece, you have to wait to see what the next update brings. Until then, the side story is a case of Schrödinger's cat and thus canon and non-canon at the same time. But yes, that the last official version simply ignores the events of the side story or ensures that the events of the subplot have no suitable time was one of the criticisms that I have already addressed here. Fortunately, I've never been shot, but I seriously doubt that such a life-threatening gunshot wound will allow you to return to your normal life all too quickly, while the subplot has to take place pretty close to the time when the MC takes his job, a week or so at the most.
I always wondered why the hell the dev decided to make a whole side story of the twins separate. In hindsight it should have been a red flag of O.2. They rushed the twins story so they could get to the mafia plotline. The twins side story could have easily happened some days after interacting the teacher. Instead, it kind of gets thrown in randomly as some side story. Hopefully, the dev has removed the whole side story gig forever & just adds the side story to the main game for future use. It doesn't even matter if we've already played through it.

Reactions: mofonistik

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Strictly speaking, there was nothing wrong with the sidestory thing. Sidestories help the player understand the minds of characters who are not the MC. Yes, you could have put that in the main game, but depending on how many characters get a sidestory like that, jumping around can only delay progress unnecessarily, especially if those sidestories happen over the course of several updates. I liked the Liliths Longing subplot of Single Again, for example, because it gave insight into the character's mind and you could see how the eponymous character has evolved.

Accordingly, I wouldn't say that the twin story wasn't a rushed attempt to quickly launch the mafia storyline. As someone here already wrote: The whole mafia story didn't make any sense from back to front with the previous storyline and feels more like a separate plot that has little to do with anything so far.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Strictly speaking, there was nothing wrong with the sidestory thing. Sidestories help the player understand the minds of characters who are not the MC. Yes, you could have put that in the main game, but depending on how many characters get a sidestory like that, jumping around can only delay progress unnecessarily, especially if those sidestories happen over the course of several updates. I liked the Liliths Longing subplot of Single Again, for example, because it gave insight into the character's mind and you could see how the eponymous character has evolved.

Accordingly, I wouldn't say that the twin story wasn't a rushed attempt to quickly launch the mafia storyline. As someone here already wrote: The whole mafia story didn't make any sense from back to front with the previous storyline and feels more like a separate plot that has little to do with anything so far.
The twins side story seemed appropriate, roughly parallel to the primary school story. The stuff with the niece though... It looked like was going to be a similar side story, though even then, it seemed to be distracting from preparing for his new job. Then suddenly, it was more than distracting. It seems to be derailing the entire game.

Sparral

Jul 28, 2020
So I just finished this game or "games" since as another user stated this really feels like a 2nd game was just dropped into the original game this was supposed to be. As for anyone considering this game my advice is to jump on over to the reviews because I sure as shit wish I had.

Now as for my thoughts on this game. The start was good even though it hasn't gotten to the point of the teacher and student fun or any of its incest themes. Its so far just been bang random women scenes with the one exception at the very start that is the MCs wife. It did a good job holding my attention and my interest up until it got to the troubled niece section. It was at this point it began to lose my attention and interest for several reasons.

First being a reason many have mentioned, this was drawn out WWWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY longer than it should have been and could have been wrapped up quickly enough and gotten back on track to what this game was marketed as. Instead we get to go on a "ugh is it over yet" story line that diverges so heavily from the premise of what the games was supposed to be.

Second reason I just personally don't find the walking tattoo parlor look attractive in the slightest bit. So for me personally I would have been completely fine if the wanna be mafia took her off never to be seen again. I mean a tattoo here or there can be attractive if in places that don't ruin the natural beauty that is the womans body but for fucks sake this character looks like she walked into a tattoo parlor and said I will take one of everything. The only thing attractive about this character is the face and the tattoos shown on her feet. Heard of a butter face before but not a butter body.

Thirdly the troubled niece section doesn't make any sense at all. There were many ways to go about having a "troubled" niece character that would have made more sense than what was done here to better fit the premise of the game. I just think having the niece being some gang leader is a dumb concept from the start made even dumber by trying to connect a street gang to mafia/hit man like characters. I personally find that to be well.... IQ dropping levels of dumb. First off any gang that operates out of a alley way sure as shit isn't going to have that kind of wealth or power to make connections to a mafia like organization.

Don't take this the wrong way because the first half was a good game worth playing but honestly wtf happened with the second half of it it really is two completely different games that are no longer even in the same genre any more. Also as many have stated please a option to skip side chicks and remain some what faithful to the wifey, or just to skip any girls the individual might find unattractive.

Really hope this current version is not the direction you plan on taking this in because the first half was good and worthy of a 4 star rating even not having the fun parts in the game yet. The second half however.....

Last edited:

Sparral

Jul 28, 2020
Moral of the story (learned from this thread): the audience of adult visual novels/interactive doesn't like to be surprised. Good to know so I don't commit the same mistake when I do my own game.

I'd say more of a stick to making the game as advertised. When you market it as you're the teacher having fun with your students than in the next update you're playing a game with hitman like characters and banging crack whores. You've left your audience going what... what the fuck just happened..... where are the students.....

Like going to taco bell for a taco and getting handed a whopper at the drive through. You're left scratching your head and looking at the sign just to make sure you in fact drove to taco bell and not burger king.

Last edited:

PreachyLocust

Apr 20, 2021
Moral of the story (learned from this thread): the audience of adult visual novels/interactive doesn't like to be surprised. Good to know so I don't commit the same mistake when I do my own game.
Surprised? What? I will NEVER give shit to any dev for any creative decisions. It's their work, their story, their passion project! They should stick to the story they want to tell exactly how they want to tell it but you cannot honestly argue that last update wasn't one of the most jarring 180º's in any VN on this website.
It literally didn't even feel like the same game.
I usually only throw my initial support behind a game I like at around the 3rd to 5th updates for several reasons. This last update is one of those reasons. I loved just about everything the previous versions had and I loathed everything about the new one with the exception of the reminiscing scenes of MC's family after THAT happens.
I will keep an eye on this thread for the next couple of updates but as it stands I have no interest in returning to Buried Desires.
Best of luck to Betisis though. Hope they keep true to their vision no matter what feedback they get.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
There are plenty of good games here with 'surprises' that are good fun stories. Don't misinterpret what most of the complaints are about. Changing the vibe of a story from one chapter to the next is not a good surprise, it's poor plot development.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
As others have mentioned, it depends on the surprise. Some can be good, some can be great, some can sink your work before it even gets started.
Imo; never surprise with more....extreme?....niche?....not sure how to label it...type of content. Stuff like suddenly adding Futa/Trans, the 3 letters that shall not be mentioned (seriously, just mentioning them starts a war), bdsm, graphic violence, etc., will cause you nothing but stress & headaches.

Even here; some 'future content' tags early on, and the dev being even slightly active in the thread (or just posting a comment about upcoming content), and most of this thread would have never happened.

Sparral

Jul 28, 2020
Well... I think the comparison the game with food says a lot, because, if you use movies for comparison, there are many good movies with twists; I would even dare to say that the best movies are the ones with twists. That's why spoilers spoil the fun (pun intended).
Just two examples I saw Matrix and Fight Club without knowing anything about them prior to watching them (not the synopsis and even less the trailer) and it was awesome.
Of course, I'm not comparing the quality of those movies with this VN, but I merit the author for at least trying something different. And, of course, if the objective of playing this game is just a wank, I can understand that it can be quite frustrating not getting what you ordered, and then food is indeed the proper object of comparison, but then we should not be talking about the intricacies of scriptwriting and just tell the author: "hey! you spoiled my wank!"
We are on a adult gaming site but that wasn't really the point I was trying to make. The point I was trying to get across was that the game was advertised as one thing and it showed that in the first half and than the second is delivering to you a product that completely unrelated to the first half. That was what I was trying to convey in my analogy with the taco bell/burger king comparison. The author advertised one product and when the people show up get the product that was advertised and than return because they enjoyed what was delivered the first time and the second go around their handed something different than what the product was to be. It leaves you going what the....

It was that the theme of being a teacher in a school setting did a sudden and drastic change from this in the first half to a game about saving your niece from a mafia setting. Not about hey you author you ruined my wank as you so eloquently put it but I see that the comparison in my analogy flew right over your head because you associated a analogy about different businesses that serve different products to food which you associate with having a wank for some reason.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 89 Votes