VN Ren'Py Abandoned Business as Usual [Ch2 v2.1] [Chocolate Milk Games]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
To be honest I really don't now how to feel about this game. I hate nearly every single character and have no interest in a relationship or being friends with any of them. This is one of the few games where I hope the MC can remain single for the whole game and focus solely on getting his job back.

It's one of the few games where I'm actively picking choices to avoid getting laid or make any characters actually like me.

Last edited:

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
is the black hair girl on the far left of the first post banner image asian? because she looks like it but in the sample images shes no where to be seen except for another similar character same hair etc but shes not asian.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
So the story doesn't make a goddamn lick of sense, that seems to be fairly established by now. A former CEO of a major company would always get a soft landing somewhere: a few well-compensated board positions, a cushy consultancy gig for one of the major houses, etc. Let's just take the plot being nonsense as read.

Apart from that, what little of the story I've seen so far seems to be fairly on rails. There are plenty variations in the script for if the MC is either corrupt or an idealist but no way that I can see for him to achieve either of those labels, so the MC just stumbles along through the story, grumbling resentfully but without any clear profile.

And I haven't even reached the bleeding free roam sections yet.

Reactions: v1900

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Business as Usual [Ch2 v2.0] [Chocolate Milk Games] – Compressed

Win/Linux Ch2 v2.0 · · · (239.9 MiB :: 1.39 GiB)
Mac Ch2 v2.0 · · · (224.2 MiB :: 1.38 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
fireball11121 You're chocolate milk, correct? In that case, take your time with the game. My father also has been diagnosed with cancer so I know how that feels. Keep trucking and take care of both yourself and your mother.

Reactions: chocolatemilkgames

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'm enjoying this so far, but there are more punctuations than the exclamation point. It seems like it may have been run through a translator. It's not a huge deal because it's renpy and easy for a player to change if they want, but it is very noticeable to me.

One other thing is I wish there was more player agency to this, the mc tends to make a lot of the choices for the player.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
So you have to be interested in Maddie? Is it like that for all the LIs I wonder, because if it is the story is way too ridged for my liking.

Jun 25, 2017
fireball11121 You're chocolate milk, correct? In that case, take your time with the game. My father also has been diagnosed with cancer so I know how that feels. Keep trucking and take care of both yourself and your mother.
Thank you, I really appreciate it! Right now I'm just trying to keep my head above the water!

Jun 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this so far, but there are more punctuations than the exclamation point. It seems like it may have been run through a translator. It's not a huge deal because it's renpy and easy for a player to change if they want, but it is very noticeable to me.

One other thing is I wish there was more player agency to this, the mc tends to make a lot of the choices for the player.
Well I certainly hope it doesn't come across that way! I'm a native English speaker raised by English teachers. My creative writing admittedly needs a bit of work but everything should be grammatically sound. I take the time to review that frequently and iron out any spelling mistakes or weird grammar that wouldn't fit in with normal conversational English.

So you have to be interested in Maddie? Is it like that for all the LIs I wonder, because if it is the story is way too ridged for my liking.
Presently that's the one an only time you HAVE to do something. It was perhaps a bit too arrogant of me to assume the majority of players would pursue what was the only option in the first chapter. But I'm currently doing some refurbishment for the first chapter so it matches my hopefully improved writing style of the second chapter wherein the choices carry far greater impact and decisions lead to more significant consequences.

This is my first time creating something of this scale and while I took the time to be able to get the visuals to the level I wanted, the writing is a bit more fickle, so I hope you all will be patient with me as I continue to learn.

Alextsai

May 1, 2018
will keep an eye on this game , i love games where you are in a corporate atmosphere using your role to your advantage

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Well I certainly hope it doesn't come across that way! I'm a native English speaker raised by English teachers. My creative writing admittedly needs a bit of work but everything should be grammatically sound. I take the time to review that frequently and iron out any spelling mistakes or weird grammar that wouldn't fit in with normal conversational English.
That didn't come out like I meant it to. What I was saying is that it's like every conversation is an exciting one.

When you have punctuation like this! In nearly every conversation! It comes across very out of place to me!

That's not a slight to you personally it's just, my brain turns it into everyone bouncing off the wall. I edited them out for myself but it's probably fine for most people.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017
That didn't come out like I meant it to. What I was saying is that it's like every conversation is an exiting one.

When you have punctuation like this! In nearly every conversation! It comes across very out of place to me!

That's not a slight to you personally it's just, my brain turns it into everyone bouncing off the wall. I edited them out for myself but it's probably fine for most people.
I got you, I'll make sure to keep that in mind as I go through everything again and for future updates!

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes