PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Why is it that after deleting my old saves folder (upon finding out they won't work), they keep coming back when I launch the game? Sure, I can save over them, but this is a little annoying.
You're only deleting the save folder within the game folder right ? Because the real saves are more likely to be in your local disk within a hidden folder named "Renpy" (if you're on window but it must be the same on other systems I think idk) which is a little way away. Path must be : local disk (the one with your system in it) -> folder "users" -> then the folder named after the alias you gave to your system -> AppData (hidden folder, you have to unhide those just google it if you don't know how) -> Roaming -> Renpy, and there are the folders with the saves from all renpy games you've played. That's where you delete the saves or copy old saves (if you get a new PC with a new system), doing so in the game folder of the game doesn't do anything.

Anyway, searching for it is probably more annoying than simply saving on top of old saves though, especially if you've never went there and try to follow my clumsy instructions.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

peterdemn

Aug 22, 2018
You're only deleting the save folder within the game folder right ? Because the real saves are more likely to be in your local disk within a hidden folder named "Renpy" (if you're on window but it must be the same on other systems I think idk) which is a little way away. Path must be : local disk (the one with your system in it) -> folder "users" -> then the folder named after the alias you gave to your system -> AppData (hidden folder, you have to unhide those just google it if you don't know how) -> Roaming -> Renpy, and there are the folders with the saves from all renpy games you've played. That's where you delete the saves or copy old saves (if you get a new PC with a new system), doing so in the game folder of the game doesn't do anything.

Anyway, searching for it is probably more annoying than simply saving on top of old saves though, especially if you've never went there and try to follow my clumsy instructions.
  1. WIN+R
  2. write %appdata% and press enter
  3. click folder named Renpy

Nantec

Aug 2, 2017
Well, I won't say this game is bad, it's funny and might be even better in a year.

The current progress and problems occure when a Dev has 'limited' knowledge about renpy but knows where the story has to go and progresses like that.

.. and as in the starting post, "An Anthem to the Taboo", which also means the progress of 0.01 x)

Good luck, I am looking forward.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Why is it that after deleting my old saves folder (upon finding out they won't work), they keep coming back when I launch the game? Sure, I can save over them, but this is a little annoying.
Most Ren'PY games/VN's save in 2 places.
1 in the game folder and one in the "appdata" area.

Go in game then highlight the save and hit the "DEL" button and it should get rid of the ones in the "appdata" also.

Reactions: WigglyWorld84

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021
Most Ren'PY games/VN's save in 2 places.
1 in the game folder and one in the "appdata" area.

Go in game then highlight the save and hit the "DEL" button and it should get rid of the ones in the "appdata" also.
This confused me so much at first. But on the plus side, I had an external drive with all my renpy games die. when I re-DL'ed the games and fired them up, all my saves were there. Again, confusing... but a relief.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Anyway, searching for it is probably more annoying than simply saving on top of old saves, though, especially if you've never went there and try to follow my clumsy instructions.
You can actually delete the game if you are short on storage, and when a new update comes in, you still have the saves to continue the game. Or delete the saves if you have to start a new game so you not overwriting every slot.
I created a quick access file for...quick access. :D The renpy save file, depending on the game, is anywhere from 5MB to 60MB, better than 500MG to 5GB :) per game saved.
1664588094005.png You can also use that file as a "Have I played that game already tracker"

Reactions: Gabaw

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
new update is out - please update mod
(changed code in main game - so i guess WT needs a massive overhaul, unfortunately)
pls update mod for v0.041, tks
Since KoGa3 has restarted his mod and since you have to Start a New Game due to Vinyard finally adding variables to the game then I am stepping back from doing my mod as it was only to continue having a WT for this game.

Please go here for Koga3's WT/Cheat mod:

I'm late to this due to have had a busy personal life this week that kept me from not only being on this site but doing any modding nor gaming.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 111 Votes