Trono-10

Jul 24, 2017
no updates in 3 months the game is abandoned :D
Not quite: no updates FROM THE DEVELOPPER in 3 months the game is abandoned.
Basically if the dev has given signs of life in the past 3 months (Patreon, SubscribeStar, F95...) the game isn't considered abandonned.
Additionally I think there is a rule like if there was no update for 18 months (or sth) it gets tagged as abbandonned regardless of what the dev promisses.
If any game that doesn't get updated every 3 months gets tagged as abandonned, there would be a looooot here. If anything the game could be considered "on hold" given the dev's latest communications.

At least here the dev is honnest and properly communicates with his audience even putting payments on hold when he can't deliver. Some devs just milk their patreons as much as they can trying to see how little they have to work and how much people are willing to put up with and still pay.
This kind of accountability is nothing but commendable and it fucking boggles me to see so many people asking for the abandonned tag for a delay that was justified.

Unless you're just saying that for the promised dick to the face.
people should stop saying that the game is abandoned... do y'all want to get smacked by Riley's feminine dick?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Not quite: no updates FROM THE DEVELOPPER in 3 months the game is abandoned.
Basically if the dev has given signs of life in the past 3 months (Patreon, SubscribeStar, F95...) the game isn't considered abandonned.
Additionally I think there is a rule like if there was no update for 18 months (or sth) it gets tagged as abbandonned regardless of what the dev promisses.
If any game that doesn't get updated every 3 months gets tagged as abandonned, there would be a looooot here. If anything the game could be considered "on hold" given the dev's latest communications.

At least here the dev is honnest and properly communicates with his audience even putting payments on hold when he can't deliver. Some devs just milk their patreons as much as they can trying to see how little they have to work and how much people are willing to put up with and still pay.
This kind of accountability is nothing but commendable and it fucking boggles me to see so many people asking for the abandonned tag for a delay that was justified.

Unless you're just saying that for the promised dick to the face.
The rule is "no contact" from dev either here or patreon in 90 days = abandoned tag. (Or dev's main site.)
No "Game" update in 18 months = abandoned tag.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
... If anything the game could be considered "on hold" given the dev's latest communications ...
On hold tag can only be granted if the dev specifically requests it, it cannot be inferred from comments and is presumably not imuune to the no updates for 18 months rule (I was under the impression that it was 12 months but other comments disagree, the point stands either way)

Reactions: Trono-10

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Could you link where this is posted please. I've seen people say it is in the rules but only found THIS POST that list 1 and 3.
Its been said by several mods over the last 3-4 years that 90 days no contact from the dev either here or patreon (or the main site for the game/VN), and/or 18 months without a game update regardless of how active the dev is the abandoned tag goes up.
This is to let the player base know something is up and the VN/Game and it may need a good looking at before trying or to keep playing.

Dev must ask for the "Onhold" tag but if no game update comes in 18 months the abandoned tag goes up.

Here is a good example of why this rule is used more offten.
https://f95zone.to/threads/polarity-v0-4-3-eternity-games.32788/
Dev string along there patreons for over 3 years with a promise that an update would come out soon but it never came out.
Dev is still making money on this because of some who never come here and see the abandoned tag.
This was a great game and I was just about to start support when the next update comes out but like I said it never did and now its over 3 years since the dev stop working on it with lies that a update would soon be out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donjoe81

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
Its been said by several mods over the last 3-4 years
But is there an official staff post regarding the 18 month rule. That is what I was asking for. In every thread that is/should be tagged, there are always stating the official rules (which seem to vary to prove their point) but never post the link to show what they say is true.

As for the game you use as an example, that just shows staff used there discretion which they should. I believe the 18 month is fair, maybe even a little generous. I would just like to see it posted with the rest of the rules and not on some game thread where people are complaining if it should be tagged or not.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
But is there an official staff post regarding the 18 month rule. That is what I was asking for. In every thread that is/should be tagged, there are always stating the official rules (which seem to vary to prove their point) but never post the link to show what they say is true.

As for the game you use as an example, that just shows staff used there discretion which they should. I believe the 18 month is fair, maybe even a little generous. I would just like to see it posted with the rest of the rules and not on some game thread where people are complaining if it should be tagged or not.
Probably won't because it's not a rule as such, because it doesn't relate to the membership of this site, it's an internal policy that will probably be reviewed as often as circumstance dictate. Guessing if you want an official notice of it's details you'll need to join the Mod team.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

PM a mod if you want it official.
Probably won't because it's not a rule as such, because it doesn't relate to the membership of this site, it's an internal policy that will probably be reviewed as often as circumstance dictate. Guessing if you want an official notice of it's details you'll need to join the Mod team.
That is correct it is internal policy but for about the last year it has become or being used more often once they find a game or VN out of date or a game or VN gets reported to be out of date.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
That is correct it is internal policy but for about the last year it has become or being used more often once they find a game or VN out of date or a game or VN gets reported to be out of date.
How often it gets used or how strictly to gets enforced depends on who is currently answering reports. On a volunteer work force that could represent wildly different interpretations/opinions. And that's before you account for staff turnover or burnout.
Bottom line is you can expect variation, it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

4.00 star(s) 111 Votes