4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I just read that the game will be made to be incompatible with I-patches going forward due to a Patreon TOS issue.
So is the patreons next play? Targeting anything that can be modded even though the game follows their guidlines? I don't really care if its incest or not but I hate landlord/lady and room mates...the only thing worse is Girl, boy, woman, and man but I've only seen one game with that lame naming...the guy in charge I believe lol

Reactions: Kendra

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well if patreon starts targeting games like that. A lot of devs are fucked. I get that they can't allow games on patreon to have content like incest because of paypal and stuff like that. But going after fan made mods is so dumb if the dev is not promoting it on patreon why the fuck do they care?

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Literally impossible to make a game that is incompatible with patches. Text injection, or re-writing of script files is something a dev can do nothing about once the game leaves their hands.

Reactions: Nulldev

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah I don't get how patreon would be able to enforce that, it would be great if someone could share what the post he made says. Because it wouldn't make any sense for patreon to punish devs for something that is out of their control. Unless the devs are promoting those things on their pages like discord for example, there is really no way to tell if a patch is fan made or created by the dev.

Reactions: M4t7theNinja

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Reading the edits they did to the public posts on Patreon is kind of funny, Catherine now has close friends but also sisters, Ms. Lopez is both Trent's mom and landlady. It isn't even coherent anymore.

Normally they just have to make all the text on posts not talk about incest, also not showing nudity. Stuff like that, only Nachochip has the "info" and they didn't post it here.

So probably just telling them to clean stuff up.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah as long as they don't promote it, it should be fine. Patreon can't really prove that is the dev creating the patches, there are games that aren't even meant to have incest and people create incest patches.

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Well if patreon starts targeting games like that. A lot of devs are fucked. I get that they can't allow games on patreon to have content like incest because of paypal and stuff like that. But going after fan made mods is so dumb if the dev is not promoting it on patreon why the fuck do they care?
Preach!

D

Deleted member 2631054

This just in...

Hi, all.
We hope you guys are doing well.

In case you missed our latest post, about two weeks ago Patreon Trust and Safety team contacted us regarding our project that violated its community guideline and ToS. Specifically, regarding the availability of incest patch. We have resolved that issue quickly although we believed it was just temporary because we basically just changed some variable in the game codes so that the available patch at the time couldn't work any longer. But it's just matter of time before someone make the new patch.

And we were right...

Patreon contacted us again. We don't know how, it's either they checked how our game is coded or someone reported us. Regardless, their email is clear that they want us to remove options for a patch, in different way than how we did last time. Maybe we are wrong here, but we think they basically told us to re-code everything, leaving no room to implement the patch.

We will take this matter more seriously now since this is the second time we have to deal with this issue, but we're still not sure how tbh. On one side, we think patreon still the most convenient way to get funding for this kind of project so we are reluctant to leave and find alternative platform. On other side, we believe majority of people are playing our game with a patch that doesn't comply with its ToS. >.<

Anyway, this is what is going on right now with this project and as the supporter, we think you guys deserve to know. We will let you know more later how it goes.

Sincerely,

Lovemilfs

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
This just in...

Hi, all.
We hope you guys are doing well.

In case you missed our latest post, about two weeks ago Patreon Trust and Safety team contacted us regarding our project that violated its community guideline and ToS. Specifically, regarding the availability of incest patch. We have resolved that issue quickly although we believed it was just temporary because we basically just changed some variable in the game codes so that the available patch at the time couldn't work any longer. But it's just matter of time before someone make the new patch.

And we were right...

Patreon contacted us again. We don't know how, it's either they checked how our game is coded or someone reported us. Regardless, their email is clear that they want us to remove options for a patch, in different way than how we did last time. Maybe we are wrong here, but we think they basically told us to re-code everything, leaving no room to implement the patch.

We will take this matter more seriously now since this is the second time we have to deal with this issue, but we're still not sure how tbh. On one side, we think patreon still the most convenient way to get funding for this kind of project so we are reluctant to leave and find alternative platform. On other side, we believe majority of people are playing our game with a patch that doesn't comply with its ToS. >.<

Anyway, this is what is going on right now with this project and as the supporter, we think you guys deserve to know. We will let you know more later how it goes.

Sincerely,

Lovemilfs
Patreon is in deep trouble, and looks as though they'll be gone in a couple of months. I can try finding the link, but they're being sued by a few hundred, followed by a few thousand. If you canceled your Patreon account before January this year, you would be eligible to sue Patreon as well. Long story short, they canceled a right wing comedian, because he didn't line up with their thoughts on morals...the guy had thousands of supporters, and the first hundred won the case against Patreon. Thousands more are lining up under the new precedent, and Patreon won't be able to pay the hundreds of millions that they're on the line for. If you have a Patreon account, you would be wise to seek other platforms...for obvious reasons, Patreon won't say anything till the day it happens. Don't get caught with your pants down, find elsewhere before it's too late.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Patreon is in deep trouble, and looks as though they'll be gone in a couple of months. I can try finding the link, but they're being sued by a few hundred, followed by a few thousand. If you canceled your Patreon account before January this year, you would be eligible to sue Patreon as well. Long story short, they canceled a right wing comedian, because he didn't line up with their thoughts on morals...the guy had thousands of supporters, and the first hundred won the case against Patreon. Thousands more are lining up under the new precedent, and Patreon won't be able to pay the hundreds of millions that they're on the line for. If you have a Patreon account, you would be wise to seek other platforms...for obvious reasons, Patreon won't say anything till the day it happens. Don't get caught with your pants down, find elsewhere before it's too late.
Believe it or not its in every adult game creators interest that Ptreon continues and remains the premier platform.

Reactions: Game Bond

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Why the fuck would patreon punish a dev for a patch fan made? And why did they target this dev? Adult games are a very big part of patreon, are they trying to get that kind of content out of patreon? I get why the can't let devs promote that kind of stuff on their platform, but this is too much. They already pissed a lot of people with the political shit, are they trying to kill their on platform?

Last edited:

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Why the fuck would patreon punish a dev for a patch fan made? And why did they target this dev? Adult games are a very big part of patreon, are they trying to get that kind of content out of patreon? I get why the can't let devs promote that kind of stuff on their platform, but this is too much. They already pissed a lot of people with the political shit, are they trying to kill their on platform?
It's not this game that they are targetting. It's the site in general.
They've been going through systematically and targetting games that have a link to this site in any form and checking it for "Content" that violates the trust and safety team rules. This is roughly the 10th game i've seen checked on this and it's kinda dumb. I'm no lawyer but i'd wager they have grossly overstepped their bounds on what's allowed on their site by monitoring 3rd party sites.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes