4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It's impossible to make it so people can't create patches. Anyone with Unren can change the game. There are games that aren't even supposed to have incest and people create patches for them. I don't remember the name of the game, but there was one where the character that lived with the MC was actually his landlandy and people decided to create a patch. Also, I don't mean it in a disrespectful way, but this dev isn't even that big, why would patreon target him when there is literally dozens of other devs with bigger followings?

Reactions: Nulldev

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It's not this game that they are targetting. It's the site in general.
They've been going through systematically and targetting games that have a link to this site in any form and checking it for "Content" that violates the trust and safety team rules. This is roughly the 10th game i've seen checked on this and it's kinda dumb. I'm no lawyer but i'd wager they have grossly overstepped their bounds on what's allowed on their site by monitoring 3rd party sites.
Almost every adult game on patreon has some sort of fan made patch, as I said anyone with Unren can change the game. Unless the dev himself admits to patreon that he was breaking TOS, I don't see how can they punish him. The whole adult game section of patreon would die if they enforced that. How the fuck can devs control what people do to their games once they release it?

Edit: Also after losing the lawsuit recently, the last thing patreon should do, is piss off more people.

Last edited:

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Almost every adult game on patreon has some sort of fan made patch, as I said anyone with Unren can change the game. Unless the dev himself admits to patreon that he was breaking TOS, I don't see how can they punish him. The whole adult game section of patreon would die if they enforced that. How the fuck can devs control what people do to their games once they release it?

Edit: Also after losing the lawsuit recently, the last thing patreon should do, is piss off more people.
I'm in no way arguing with you. I think they've overstepped pretty hard and are also engaged in selective censorship and product removal. I'm only stating what i've seen from the published emails and how patreon themselves mention this site as well as lewdpatcher as sites that bypass their content and rules.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Well the way things are going, if they decided to start removing devs because of fan made patches posted on 3rd party sites. I could see them getting a bunch of other lawsuits. And that probably is not the best move for them right now. Unless the dev admits to breaking TOS, there isn't really anything they can do. And also there isn't any realistic way devs can control what people do with the game.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
If I've understood the issue correctly, Patreon is being sued for "Tortious Interference", ( ) due to their interfering with the relationship between a content creator and that content creator's Patrons. This has broad implications for Patreon, since ANY content they decide to remove or ban simply because they want to, interferes with the implicit contract between a Creator and the Patrons thereof.

If this is the case, I personally hope Patreon gets taken to the cleaners and dies a gory death. I'm tired of self-appointed "Moral Police" sticking their nose into what I wish to see, hear, think, or do (within established law).

Time will tell.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The problem with looking elsewhere is there isn't elsewhere to look, unless you count subscribestar, but they don't accept paypal, right?

Could you not just take the game off patreon, but still keep the page for previews and dev updates? The actual game wouldn't be there, just "random" pictures and news about the "random pictures". Patreon can't ban you for content that isn't actually hosted on their site.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dependable_223

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
At this point it wouldn't work out, once the dev admits to breaking TOS, he doesn't really have any choice other than completly change the game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
indeed the sooner patreon falls then devs will look else where like they where suppose to when patreon changed their TOS.
And they lose a massive chunk of income.

Nowhere is ever going to bring in the support Patreon did because no other crowdfunding source has the financial backing Patreon did.

Millions of us use Paypal and Mastercard and those are behind the changes in the first place. Subscribestar or most other places can't get them to support their platform so any dev moving over loses a lot of support.

The second Patreon goes down is the second a lot of games on here get abandoned. They won't find the financial support anywhere else.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
They were given restrictions, but the guy that runs Patreon took it 10 steps further. That's why they're now loosing lawsuits, and will be gone in a matter of months. Good riddance
I hope they won't be gone, if you enjoy the games on this forum, patreon going down is not a good thing.

Reactions: Repuci

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
They were given restrictions, but the guy that runs Patreon took it 10 steps further. That's why they're now loosing lawsuits, and will be gone in a matter of months. Good riddance
Good riddance, huh....

Sure if you want devs to abandon their games, new devs not to bother starting and we'll not mention all the other content creators relying on Patreon for their income to pay bills and keep a roof over their heads.

I don't know why ignorance like yours still surprises me, the lack of common sense I see from some people on this forum should have prepared me for it but I don't quite think some of you realise just how bad it is going to get if Patreon shuts down.

The people running it aren't going to suffer at all. They more than likely have back up plans if not quite hefty savings. They will come out of this just fine.

It's some of the devs here that will suffer when they lose funding and can't afford to work on their games. The comedians relying on their supporters to prop them up during a shitty global pandemic, same for musicians, crafters etc...

You are basically cheering the fact people could lose their income and possibly their homes.

Well done you.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
That's kind of stupid and crazy.

I don't get Americans morality declaring sex in which shape or form as bad but are ok with other things.
I simply don't understand that logic. ^^
(Some) Americans don't believe in logic. If they don't like the way reality works, they just get themselves some alternative facts.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Good riddance, huh....

Sure if you want devs to abandon their games, new devs not to bother starting and we'll not mention all the other content creators relying on Patreon for their income to pay bills and keep a roof over their heads.

I don't know why ignorance like yours still surprises me, the lack of common sense I see from some people on this forum should have prepared me for it but I don't quite think some of you realise just how bad it is going to get if Patreon shuts down.

The people running it aren't going to suffer at all. They more than likely have back up plans if not quite hefty savings. They will come out of this just fine.

It's some of the devs here that will suffer when they lose funding and can't afford to work on their games. The comedians relying on their supporters to prop them up during a shitty global pandemic, same for musicians, crafters etc...

You are basically cheering the fact people could lose their income and possibly their homes.

Well done you.
Right, nothing will ever replace Patreon, once it’s gone, sex games will stop being developed, comedians will stop telling jokes, Executives that took a profitable company and through strong arm tactics got so many lawsuits that the company is gone will have great futures, and everyone will just give up.

What’s happening at Patreon can’t be stopped, Hopefully enough people jump ship before it sinks, but if you drown because you refuses to leave; well...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dependable_223

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Good riddance, huh....

Well done you.
Patreon was never about giving developers a luxury life to pay their expenses at home it was the sole purpose to help support the developer to create their content not to bring food on their table.

if they are using this for easy life instead of keeping it hobby then its on them not patreon supporters.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Patreon was never about giving developers a luxury life to pay their expenses at home it was the sole purpose to help support the developer to create their content not brining food on their table.
I'm not just talking about devs, go look on patreon at earnings for different content creators. You have people like Jim Stirling on there, Angry Joe then musicians, crafters, artists, comedians etc...

Those DO rely on patreon for their earnings and you get ignorant pricks finding it amusing they will lose their income.

Nevermind, I didn't pay attention to who I was talking to, I don't expect much from you. I was pretty sure you were on my block list, error rectified.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes