Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
mdqp
So, I've have more than two dozen scenes behind me and I can already see where the main problem is.
( For this moment, I will ignore the fact that virtually every person in the city has some way to brainwash me... )

In all the scenes, I am put in a submissive role.
It doesn't matter how high my statistics are, or if it was I who took the first step.
I always allow others to do what they want with me.

I understand that the whole game is focused on this fetish, but if the game is played by someone who is not an absolute fan, very quickly it will start to be incredibly repetitive. I'm not saying this outright as a critique, because there will definitely be those who like it. I consider myself a fairly normal player without any specific relationship to any specific fetish. But I have to admit that after experiencing about a dozen scenes, I got bored because they all have an incredibly similar scenario.

You have good writing, decent pictures and interesting gameplay.
But your scenes need more variation if you don't plan to attract only a very specific audience.

How about some alternative variants of scenes where the protagonist takes control?
Trait "dominatrix", "amazon" (if you continue to exercise for a long time), our own mind control item/drug/magic or the ability to (even for scene purposes only) grow a penis and fuck a shit out of some women.

P.S.
Texts for sex scenes are written with a very "specific" way of expression.
( This is not a critique. )
You're a woman, aren't you? ;)

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I know many wouldn't be into the game, since mind control with a heavy slant on sub content is what I like and what I write about. I started making games on the "Hypnopics Collective", although I must admit this might be the most sub game I wrote, although not the most "mind control-y one". The few scenes where the protagonist is a domme work well, I think, so I believe I could cover that angle, but since it's not my number 1 preference, it got the short end of the stick this time around.

At this point in time, the main problem is just time, I can't imagine myself adding enough content for a new trait. You can, however, turn into a man, and I plan to have more scenes for that (and more men you can transform into).

I am a pervert of the testicular variety, so you guessed wrong. Do I win something for duping you with my clever ruse*? XD

*Actually not a clever ruse, but should I really concede I have a feminine writing style? I'll pretend I am a genius, instead.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Mind control is not a problem.

The problem is, that you're the only one who is mind controled :)
If you like this fetish, try extending it to other characters and not just the main character.
I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who would appreciate it.

You can, however, turn into a man, and I plan to have more scenes for that (and more men you can transform into).
I think Futa transformation would be a much simpler method.
Lots of pictures would require only minimal modification if you would want to add a futa variant of the scene.
Adding completely new men is a lot more laborious.

I am a pervert of the testicular variety, so you guessed wrong. Do I win something for duping you with my clever ruse*? XD

*Actually not a clever ruse, but should I really concede I have a feminine writing style? I'll pretend I am a genius, instead.
I guess my next question should be whether you "prefer" male company.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's not easy to explain.

It's not like you have a feminine writing style, but your descriptions are somehow more gentle, and you emphasize aspects that men usually ignore. It is a very unconventional and refreshing style of writing.

Manju

Jun 25, 2017
The problem of asking for more variation is that there is only one writer. And even in games with more than one if you just want one or two kinds of content, usually you have to wait YEARS to be worth it to download them again. As I like sub female content, this game is perfect for me :)
Another drawback of doing more fetishes is that the game becomes massive and never finishes or the quality goes downhill after a while.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Mind control is not a problem.

The problem is, that you're the only one who is mind controled :)
If you like this fetish, try extending it to other characters and not just the main character.
I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who would appreciate it.

I think Futa transformation would be a much simpler method.
Lots of pictures would require only minimal modification if you would want to add a futa variant of the scene.
Adding completely new men is a lot more laborious.

I guess my next question should be whether you "prefer" male company.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's not easy to explain.

It's not like you have a feminine writing style, but your descriptions are somehow more gentle, and you emphasize aspects that men usually ignore. It is a very unconventional and refreshing style of writing.
As I mentioned, this is probably the most sub game I have made, but I generally like that type of content the most (especially with a female protagonist). It's a bit harder now to add mind control for the protagonist, because of how I wrote her. I do, however, plan to send the protagonist on a few "recruitment drives" for certain factions (the only one which has a bit of this in the game so far is the cowgirl path). So you are still a sub, but you are doing the "work" of an hypno domme.

I think some minor futa content might happen, but I don't think I'll make it something permanent. A new man is less work than you'd imagine. The scene wouldn't have a female version, so it's the same effort it takes to write "regular" content.

I think I have more female friends than male friends, maybe that's why? Regardless, I am on a strict heterosexual diet. Big tits or riot! But enough of this, I feel like we are starting to go off topic. XD XD XD

azeltov

Jan 21, 2017
From the walkthrough :
If you are beaten by the orc, you’ll get some sex scenes, but currently that’s all (more is planned).
Is this still part of your plans? Those scenes are good!
Btw, is there any chance we could get Ginnuk scenes without a bad end? Maybe a noble Erica could outsmart him once more and take him prisoner, keep him in the basement of the Golden Leaf mansion and stay (somewhat) in control.

Unrelated, but when talking to Kairos, the Library option is grayed out. Is it just because it's not implemented yet?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
From the walkthrough :

Is this still part of your plans? Those scenes are good!
Btw, is there any chance we could get Ginnuk scenes without a bad end? Maybe a noble Erica could outsmart him once more and take him prisoner, keep him in the basement of the Golden Leaf mansion and stay (somewhat) in control.

Unrelated, but when talking to Kairos, the Library option is grayed out. Is it just because it's not implemented yet?
Yup, still planned. I'd like to have an orc village, with a couple of possible, extended bad endings (one with Ginnuk, the other if you get caught by the orcs), so it's taking longer to find the time to add it in the schedule. I never thought about a less dominant Ginnuk, but perhaps it's something to consider (if I add some way to REALLY win over him).

That's not in the game yet. There is a bunch of stuff I want to add for the libraries, and some of it involves introducing some new content to the temples (one thing I wanted to do for a while, is have a monster who has made its lair in front of one of the temples, requiring Erica to research a way to defeat it), so it's getting post-poned often. I'll have to set aside some time every month to work on it, and then dump it all in one update once I have everything ready.

Reactions: azeltov

azeltov

Jan 21, 2017
Gotcha I'll wait for it then! I'm not exactly complaining about the other upcoming parts of the game anyway x).

With the way the existing orc defeat scene goes, it would take very little for a less dominant Ginnuk to take total control back tbf. Maybe my idea was actually just bad ending with extra steps lmao.

Anyway on another unrelated note I accidentally went back to the Fort Andor (sp?) ruins after completing the quest there and I can't use the bridge to leave the area (see attachment). Is it a bug or am I missing sth?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Gotcha I'll wait for it then! I'm not exactly complaining about the other upcoming parts of the game anyway x).

With the way the existing orc defeat scene goes, it would take very little for a less dominant Ginnuk to take total control back tbf. Maybe my idea was actually just bad ending with extra steps lmao.

Anyway on another unrelated note I accidentally went back to the Fort Andor (sp?) ruins after completing the quest there and I can't use the bridge to leave the area (see attachment). Is it a bug or am I missing sth?
I should have been more disciplined when developing the game, then we wouldn't have as many loose ends. I'll get to them all, eventually.

Yeah, the way orcs are written, they'd be hard to keep under control. Anyway, more Ginnuk content is planned for sure, once we get there we'll see how it goes.

Damn, the fort still has a bug, after all. I guess I'll include this in the Patreon Hotfix, so it should go public in less than a month. I forgot to assign graphics to the exit, and without graphics you can't step on it (since it's on top of a tile you can't walk on normally).

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
Do you grow levels eventually? I mine I havent gotten all that far in the game but the few fights i have done so far you get no experience points for. So do I level up eventually? I usually like to do some fights to prepare for any bosses but I havent fought anything that has given me experience.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
That dancing mini game is a pain in my ass. xD
I feel like I should have made it a little easier, in hindsight. Most people are fine with it, but It's causing plenty of suffering for a select few. XD

If you are doing it just for the noble vote, know that there is an alternative way to convince him (although it might not be available to you).

Do you grow levels eventually? I mine I havent gotten all that far in the game but the few fights i have done so far you get no experience points for. So do I level up eventually? I usually like to do some fights to prepare for any bosses but I havent fought anything that has given me experience.
You don't grow levels, but every time you finish a chapter, you get a little HP/MP boost. Most of the progress comes from getting better gear, spells and summons. I'll eventually add some more areas you can explore on the world map, so players can get their hands on some other boosts/items.

I do regret not having xp, however, I feel like I would have been better off tweaking the basic RPG Maker structure, rather than change things almost completely.

I wanted the change because I don't like % based status effects which incapacitate your character (like confusion, sleep, etc), because a few bad dice rolls can cause a party wipe (and they generally just aren't fun, since you are forced to sit around until the effect wears off), so once I removed those, I went ahead and changed/rebalanced more stuff, and we ended up where we are because I don't have enough time to dedicate to completely gut and carefully balance the combat. I should have probably kept levels, I bet they are cool for some people to have.

Well, the combat isn't very prominent anyway, so I guess it's fine that it isn't perfect.

Oct 15, 2017
I really do like the idea that you can see what she looks like during the stages of pregnancy and the cool thing would be is I would like to see more of a pregnancy system added to this game and we can move freely when knocked-up and a lot of neat stuff. Three/Four stages of pregnancies, yeah with a really good bit of detail to it and also maybe add like a menstrual cycle and ovum/fertilization? cheats would be nice to impregnate yourself with magic and do all types of crazy stuff?!

Oct 15, 2017
There really needs to be more games with a menstrual cycle manipulation "MCM" along with detailed pregnancy trimesters bellies 1, 1/1, 1/2, 2, 2/2/ 2/3, 3, 3/1, 3/2, 3/3.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
There really needs to be more games with a menstrual cycle manipulation "MCM" along with detailed pregnancy trimesters bellies 1, 1/1, 1/2, 2, 2/2/ 2/3, 3, 3/1, 3/2, 3/3.
Since it's not the game main focus, a detailed simulation isn't planned. I want to add more ways to get pregnant, monster pregnancies and a few more things to do while you are waiting for the baby, but that's about it.

Moving around while pregnant would require extra interactions/dialogues or even art for sex scenes and many encounters (you can't leave the sex scenes as they are, and you'd also expect many NPCs to potentially comment on it, like friends and relatives), so it was something I ruled out early on.

Also, this is a personal thing, but what I like the most about the fetish is actually fantasizing and deliberately planning to get pregnant, more than the pregnancy itself, so the systems are less interesting for me, which makes it really hard to consider working on those, I just wouldn't have the passion for it.

vultron

May 19, 2018
I feel like I should have made it a little easier, in hindsight. Most people are fine with it, but It's causing plenty of suffering for a select few. XD

If you are doing it just for the noble vote, know that there is an alternative way to convince him (although it might not be available to you).

You don't grow levels, but every time you finish a chapter, you get a little HP/MP boost. Most of the progress comes from getting better gear, spells and summons. I'll eventually add some more areas you can explore on the world map, so players can get their hands on some other boosts/items.

I do regret not having xp, however, I feel like I would have been better off tweaking the basic RPG Maker structure, rather than change things almost completely.

I wanted the change because I don't like % based status effects which incapacitate your character (like confusion, sleep, etc), because a few bad dice rolls can cause a party wipe (and they generally just aren't fun, since you are forced to sit around until the effect wears off), so once I removed those, I went ahead and changed/rebalanced more stuff, and we ended up where we are because I don't have enough time to dedicate to completely gut and carefully balance the combat. I should have probably kept levels, I bet they are cool for some people to have.

Well, the combat isn't very prominent anyway, so I guess it's fine that it isn't perfect.
You can become a noble without that guy so it's fine I was just being stubborn trying to get all the votes and I also thought having him like you might come up in future quests. lol

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
You can become a noble without that guy so it's fine I was just being stubborn trying to get all the votes and I also thought having him like you might come up in future quests. lol
It's still possible, but probably a bit unlikely that I'll use him again for much. Still, as long as you don't blackmail him for the vote you are fine, he won't hate you.

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes