Natol

Mar 10, 2018
I wanted to report a possible bug: when repeating the tribbing scene with Carla, the first picture loads, but the subsequent pictures afterwards don't seem to load. All I get is a black screen that continues with the dialogues until the scene ends. This happened with the first time I did the scene with Carla, and for all the repeat scenes when you talk to her in her apartment.

I can still view the pictures in the gallery just fine, and this bug doesn't seem to affect anything else.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I wanted to report a possible bug: when repeating the tribbing scene with Carla, the first picture loads, but the subsequent pictures afterwards don't seem to load. All I get is a black screen that continues with the dialogues until the scene ends. This happened with the first time I did the scene with Carla, and for all the repeat scenes when you talk to her in her apartment.

I can still view the pictures in the gallery just fine, and this bug doesn't seem to affect anything else.
That's indeed a bug! Thanks for letting me know. It's an easy fix, but it's not super important so it might not make it into the next release, unless an hotfix is required because of some other bug.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
That sucks, i prefer not to install it. Plenty of games to try that dont need it.
It keeps the download smaller, which is why I keep using it. Maybe once the game is finished, I can add a version without the RTP, but for now I'll keep doing things this way.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Pocket dimension is use Detect Magic in your bedroom, enter the mirror and solve the puzzle. Then just spend a few evenings studying it and presto. (This is in the walkthrough btw.)
What I would like to know is where or what name is used for it in the walkthrough... trying to use find in my browser won't except Mirror, all puzzles or puzzle it found had nothing to do with those yet I see them quite often in the walkthrough, and pocket or pocket dimension is also bringing up error in my browser when trying to find anything about this pocket dimension in the walkthrough.

Does this walkthrough solution have a name? is it a quest I have not been able to find it yet.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
What I would like to know is where or what name is used for it in the walkthrough... trying to use find in my browser won't except Mirror, all puzzles or puzzle it found had nothing to do with those yet I see them quite often in the walkthrough, and pocket or pocket dimension is also bringing up error in my browser when trying to find anything about this pocket dimension in the walkthrough.

Does this walkthrough solution have a name? is it a quest I have not been able to find it yet.
When I CTRL+F for "pocket dimension" in the document I find 7 results. Anyway, the process isn't detailed (just the location), but basically you use detect magic in your bedroom (the mirror starts shining). Interacting with the mirror allows you to enter. Use the push spell on the button so you can press the button while still being close enough to the door that will open (the door closes automatically, so you must be near it to make it in time). Inside the room you'll find a book you can study when at home to learn the spell.

Edit: I added the instructions to the walkthrough.

Does this game have an actual gallery yet? Like the actual scenes and text, not just the CG alone.
Nope. I started working on a prototype a while ago (there are a few scenes accessible from using the debug tool), but it's really time consuming, and I find it hard to keep up with regular development while trying to add scenes to it, so I have stopped for now. I can't exclude I'll drop it completely, but perhaps not (maybe once I release 1.0, I'll ask patrons if they want me to keep updating the game, and if this feature means a lot to them).

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
Edit: I added the instructions to the walkthrough.
Thank you! The only reason I even knew about it, to search here for information was in the walk-through during temple 2 it was mentioned, and I started looking for this spell which I did not have.

The other post put me onto it, and I made it into the mirror, and figured out the puzzle, but I only found out about it here I could not seem to bring up any info on the pocket dimension from the walk through, except for what I found during my use of it in temple 2.
My Browser page search seemed to only seek info from the left side of the walk-through page and I could not seem to find what I needed there. ( I am sure there is a better way but I did not know it)

Last edited:

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
No, on the contrary, most of them dont require it. But i play mostly 3D games...
Not saying you're wrong, but for me what Gummiel said has been the case.

I tend to take what is said on this page and believe it. https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-help-section.921/

It has made my game playing easy and very functional. I would also think if you plan to play a lot of Japanese game you may wish to install Local Emulator as well.

But if drive space is that big of a deal I guess look for game that have the RTP I guess installed in them, they will be somewhat larger and over time they will add up to more than just installing the RTP I would think, but these games are really small anyway so no big deal I guess.

Jul 28, 2018
RPG Maker MV and MZ games include the needed files from their run-time package (RTP). Older ones (using RPG Maker 2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace) usually don't include their related RTP files and need them to be installed. The RTPs for those five versions together take up about 300 MB of disk space, which shouldn't be much of an issue these days.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
How to play at android phone?
This old version of RPG Maker doesn't support android natively. You'd have to search this thread for "android" (there are some replies on the topic) or google "RPG Maker VX Ace on android" and see what you need to get them running.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
No, on the contrary, most of them dont require it. But i play mostly 3D games...

The idea for using RTP is that it makes the download smaller (as you keep the base assets installed on your PC, instead of me packaging them with each release). It's also useful if you play other RPG Maker VX Ace games that do the same (these are files all games can share, if they use any of the default assets).

This is only true for older RPG Maker versions, so most games nowadays don't even have the option, and generally space isn't as much of an issue as it was in the past. I still keep doing it, though, because it saves me time on the uploads, and with monthly updates it's probably convenient for players as well, in the long run.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcguill

mcguill

May 10, 2020
The idea for using RTP is that it makes the download smaller (as you keep the base assets installed on your PC, instead of me packaging them with each release). It's also useful if you play other RPG Maker VX Ace games that do the same (these are files all games can share, if they use any of the default assets).

This is only true for older RPG Maker versions, so most games nowadays don't even have the option, and generally space isn't as much of an issue as it was in the past. I still keep doing it, though, because it saves me time on the uploads, and with monthly updates it's probably convenient for players as well, in the long run.
Thanks for the explanation, i'll probably try the game on a latter stage, game looks very good (y)

Reactions: mdqp
Jul 13, 2018
As we are slowly running out of numbers approaching 1.0, is there a timeline when Caliross will be 'done'?

I don't want to get back into it now before it is complete, but it seems that in 2021 we went from 0.989993 to 0.9939878

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes