mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
some idea of mine that i quickly thought out as i type this comment.

1: in a modern world where Vampire, werewolves and supernatural being still exist, you play as average joe who depending on your action at the beginning of the story you can stay human, turn into vampire/werewolf or join the faction that watch/hunt supernatural being.

you can go on with your daily live, get involved in the story as you try to uncover the mysteries of the 'something', avoid it but still involved with the supernatural being

2: haven't played YUNO so no idea about the time travel mechanic.

3: like stardew valley mechanic except handling the clans and navigate the intricate and plots of the nobles.
dealing with factions can be vary from killing all of them to romance their leader/leader children, bonus point if you can woo the leader parent.
1) In the past, I had actually considered such a game, but to make development easier, I'll probably won't have a path where you stay human. Also, I'd like for this to have a very specific mythology, and the various monsters you can be turned into (vampire, werewolf, demon, etc.) would work as clans in bloodlines, and actually have a unified "origin story" of sorts (so myths and legends about these creatures are mostly made up by humans, who don't understand the truth behind them).

2) Well, it would be the kind of gameplay where you will, for example, find a locked door at one point, then later on find the key, and be able to travel back in time to open that door, for example, or with information you learn later on, unlock actions in the past, and so on. It would work like a visual novel mixed with a point and click game, more or less.

3) In a sense, yes, although it does have some fighting as well (I imagine the most "RPG-like" element of the game would be going on expeditions, to secure areas overrun by monsters, and find "resource nodes" in those maps as well, and then you can use those resources for expanding your base, create new equipment, potions and so on. The setting would be a secluded city, the only known survivor of a catastrophe during which monsters have overrun the world, and now are slowly trying to take back areas outside the walls, with these expeditions.

As as I said, though, I do have more ideas and details, but I should stop here. I have games in the making to worry about, before I start thinking about other stuff. XD

gf199

Feb 19, 2019
This is not a big deal, but a strange thing happens during Does A Barrel Roll? sidequest.
By the time I did it, I maxed out my relationships with both Kira and Beatrix (did all sidequests for them, although I refused Kira's offer in Golden leaf), but I can't seem to pick vampire side, Kira always "convinces" me to take her side, there's no option to refuse.
Like I said, not a big deal, but I want to see how vampire side plays out.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
This is not a big deal, but a strange thing happens during Does A Barrel Roll? sidequest.
By the time I did it, I maxed out my relationships with both Kira and Beatrix (did all sidequests for them, although I refused Kira's offer in Golden leaf), but I can't seem to pick vampire side, Kira always "convinces" me to take her side, there's no option to refuse.
Like I said, not a big deal, but I want to see how vampire side plays out.
Did you continue playing?

If I remember correctly, the vampire path always takes precedence, so when nighttime arrives, you'll have a meeting with a certain girl who'll change your mind. When the factions involved use mind control, you often don't really have a choice in the matter.

gf199

Feb 19, 2019
Guide says she's supposed to show up at night after meeting the captain, but she never does, maybe I'm supposed to look somewhere for her?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Guide says she's supposed to show up at night after meeting the captain, but she never does, maybe I'm supposed to look somewhere for her?
No, you were right the first time around, I was misrembering. If you are on "team Kira", the vampire side doesn't start (I guess I did it to avoid penalizing Kira whenever there is a quest with one of the other groups, especially since Beatrix isn't directly involved in this one), and if you are far enough in her relationship, you can't say no (she uses her powers on you). Maybe I should add an exception if you completed her path, as she probably wouldn't force you at that point, which would also help in your case.

gf199

Feb 19, 2019
Ah, so Beatrix is not directly involved? So I guess that's why it doesn't start, guess that makes it semi-vampire related content, it'll trigger if you are with Beatrix, but not if you're too far with Kira so that makes sense.
You can implement that option only if you want since it does have some specific conditions to trigger (vampire doctor in the hospital at night is kinda similar, she won't suck your blood if you went far enough with Beatrix since she recognizes you as her property).
Thanks I understand now.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Ah, so Beatrix is not directly involved? So I guess that's why it doesn't start, guess that makes it semi-vampire related content, it'll trigger if you are with Beatrix, but not if you're too far with Kira so that makes sense.
You can implement that option only if you want since it does have some specific conditions to trigger (vampire doctor in the hospital at night is kinda similar, she won't suck your blood if you went far enough with Beatrix since she recognizes you as her property).
Thanks I understand now.
Sorry for the misunderstanding before. Yeah, the vampire who shows up is one of those you meet when you go with Beatrix (the blonde girl), not Beatrix herself, and she sees you as a convenient tool for the job.

I won't change anything then, that's probably for the best (changing old content after too much time has passed is never a great idea).

Panda1xix2

Jun 14, 2018
Sorry for the misunderstanding before. Yeah, the vampire who shows up is one of those you meet when you go with Beatrix (the blonde girl), not Beatrix herself, and she sees you as a convenient tool for the job.Hii

I won't change anything then, that's probably for the best (changing old content after too much time has passed is never a great idea).
Hii, I wanted to ask. Is there going to be an addition for a method to exit the cowgirl path? I would like to explore the vampire path but I'm wayyy too far into the game.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
ah I see thanks! I just got confused because I thought the marinthas charm was the weird pendant for the longest time. So if I equip this, there's 2 extra h scenes?
Pretty much, yes. You also get a slight stat bonus for these scenes.

Hii, I wanted to ask. Is there going to be an addition for a method to exit the cowgirl path? I would like to explore the vampire path but I'm wayyy too far into the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Panda1xix2

Jun 14, 2018
How far did you progress in the cowgirl event? As a cutoff for the option appearing, I used the moment when you start automatically going to the farm every morning, if I remember correctly.
Hmm, I went to the cowgirl farm and it says "Whatever the case, the farm is too suspicious for you to get involved with it any longer. You are afraid of what could happen to you if you did". Not too sure what's going on because I haven't really done anything related to the cowgirl path in months.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hmm, I went to the cowgirl farm and it says "Whatever the case, the farm is too suspicious for you to get involved with it any longer. You are afraid of what could happen to you if you did". Not too sure what's going on because I haven't really done anything related to the cowgirl path in months.
Did you do the investigation of the farm for Kira?

I think I know what went wrong: You started the cow path, progressed enough to stop Beatrix from wanting anything to do with you (but not enough that you are fully locked in as a cowgirl), then you helped Kira with her investigation (and you did a good job, because you weren't locked in yet) scaring the protagonist from going back to the farm.

I'll have to call this a bug and fix it. In the meantime, if you want me to, you can send me your savefile, so I can turn the cowgirl progress to 0 (since you can't move forward with it anyway, now that you finished Kira's investigation), so you can check out Beatrix.

Reactions: greymetalsinner

Panda1xix2

Jun 14, 2018
Did you do the investigation of the farm for Kira?

I think I know what went wrong: You started the cow path, progressed enough to stop Beatrix from wanting anything to do with you (but not enough that you are fully locked in as a cowgirl), then you helped Kira with her investigation (and you did a good job, because you weren't locked in yet) scaring the protagonist from going back to the farm.

I'll have to call this a bug and fix it. In the meantime, if you want me to, you can send me your savefile, so I can turn the cowgirl progress to 0 (since you can't move forward with it anyway, now that you finished Kira's investigation), so you can check out Beatrix.
Ohh wow thanks for the help and explanation!

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Ohh wow thanks for the help and explanation!
Checking your savefile also seems to have confirmed my suspicion. Anyway, here you go! Now her starting dialogue is slightly tweaked, if Beatrix had told you to go away (it's a subtle change, just to make things more consistent).

Sadly the fix only works with new saves (unless I edit the savefile, like in your case) because I made the cow path reset if you complete Kira's quest (so if it's already complete, you can't get the reset), but I figure this one is an edge case, so it shouldn't be a big problem. Anyway, thanks for the report. ^_^

Panda1xix2

Jun 14, 2018
Checking your savefile also seems to have confirmed my suspicion. Anyway, here you go! Now her starting dialogue is slightly tweaked, if Beatrix had told you to go away (it's a subtle change, just to make things more consistent).

Sadly the fix only works with new saves (unless I edit the savefile, like in your case) because I made the cow path reset if you complete Kira's quest (so if it's already complete, you can't get the reset), but I figure this one is an edge case, so it shouldn't be a big problem. Anyway, thanks for the report. ^_^
I see. Thanks!

EvangelineRaleigh

Nov 7, 2018
Hey, love the newest update!

I was wondering, are you planning on expanding the Emperor's relationship path? Because so far he doesn't have any H scenes and I thought it was mentioned that you're romancing him to give him heirs, so is their pregnancy content in the future with him?

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes