tgooasts

Jul 21, 2017
Hi everyone, I just found out this game yesterday.

I just have one question here: why my words keep getting cut off by text box? I try to change my pc's resolution but is not help.

Anyone met a same problem before? Thank you!. 1661647794831.png

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hi everyone, I just found out this game yesterday.

I just have one question here: why my words keep getting cut off by text box? I try to change my pc's resolution but is not help.

Anyone met a same problem before? Thank you!.
There is something wrong with the font, which is why the text goes way past the box. Did you install the RTP? If so, could you re-install it, just in case?

tgooasts

Jul 21, 2017
There is something wrong with the font, which is why the text goes way past the box. Did you install the RTP? If so, could you re-install it, just in case?

I tried to reinstall the RTP, but it's not help.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I tried to reinstall the RTP, but it's not help.
Could you check if any of these fonts are installed on your PC?

"Arial", "Verdana", "Courier New".

Also, could you try extracting this archive where your game is installed to see if it helps? I am not 100% sure if having the fonts there works (unless I add them before the encryption), but it's worth trying (and if you are missing some of the fonts, you can try installing them).

Jul 1, 2022
Bug? Game attempting to load an image from a subdirectory that doesn't exist. Note the lack of "Graphics" subdirectory.

7Zip to open installer exe here as archive, shouldn't be the cause as I've done so without problem elsewhere.

Occurred on third Perfect Belly Dancer payout in a row.

Edit: Same thing happens when I hunt down the mimic.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Bug? Game attempting to load an image from a subdirectory that doesn't exist. Note the lack of "Graphics" subdirectory.

7Zip to open installer exe here as archive, shouldn't be the cause as I've done so without problem elsewhere.

Occurred on third Perfect Belly Dancer payout in a row.

Edit: Same thing happens when I hunt down the mimic.
Those images exist, but when the game is encrypted/compressed, everything gets added to the "Game.rgss3a" file. Now, I don't know much about the emulator for RPG Maker on android, so I am not sure how this bug happens, unfortunately.

tgooasts

Jul 21, 2017
Could you check if any of these fonts are installed on your PC?

"Arial", "Verdana", "Courier New".

Also, could you try extracting this archive where your game is installed to see if it helps? I am not 100% sure if having the fonts there works (unless I add them before the encryption), but it's worth trying (and if you are missing some of the fonts, you can try installing them).
I reinstall all the fonts, and still not working. I never met this kind problem before, really confuse me.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I reinstall all the fonts, and still not working. I never met this kind problem before, really confuse me.
This is puzzling for me as well. I might try to package the fonts together with the game in one of the future releases (and see if that helps), but for now I can't think of anything that might cause or fix this.

tgooasts

Jul 21, 2017
This is puzzling for me as well. I might try to package the fonts together with the game in one of the future releases (and see if that helps), but for now I can't think of anything that might cause or fix this.
Still thank you for your help!

Even tho some text are hard to read, quest log still can lead me to the right place, so I can still enjoy the game.

Just a small question, is there anyway to purchase both slave from the market?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Still thank you for your help!

Even tho some text are hard to read, quest log still can lead me to the right place, so I can still enjoy the game.

Just a small question, is there anyway to purchase both slave from the market?
Hopefully, we'll get the issue fixed, and I am glad you are having fun with the game.

There is no way to buy both, I wanted to make it different everytime (plus, I'd probably have to change the maps, there is no room for two slaves).

Is it possible to remove the marintas charm after you have it ?
It's impossible to remove normally. I can't remember if I added an option in the debug tool.

Jul 28, 2018
It's using a monospace font instead of the proportional version of Verdana (the normal default font in Caliross). As you can tell that's not normal.

Some basic troubleshooting questions:

What specific version of Windows do you have?
(I'm guessing Windows 10 something from the window frame in your screenshot. Right-click the Start button and pick System from the menu. Here it should say something like Windows 10 ???, Version xxHx, OS build xxxxx.xxxx.)

What language is Windows using?
(In Windows 10 this is at Start, Settings, Time & Language, Language, Windows Display Language.)

What scaling is Windows using? (A percentage.)
(In Windows 10 this is at Start; Settings; System; Display; Scale and layout - Change the size of text, apps, and other items.)

Things you could try:

Right-click Caliross' "Game.exe", pick Troubleshoot Compatibility, and see what Windows thinks.

If your system scaling isn't 100%, try setting it to 100% temporarily and running the game. (This might require a restart and might make the OS stuff hard to read until you set it back.)

If your system language isn't English, you could try using the program to run it in "English (United States)". (You'll have to add it to the context menu or application profile by right-clicking "Game.exe" and going into the Locale Emulator submenu after you have Locale Emulator installed.)

Update Windows until there's nothing left but Optional updates, then update your video drivers from NVidia, AMD, or Intel. You never know.

Good luck!

• Red Heart
Reactions: mdqp

tgooasts

Jul 21, 2017
It's using a monospace font instead of the proportional version of Verdana (the normal default font in Caliross). As you can tell that's not normal.

Some basic troubleshooting questions:

What specific version of Windows do you have?
(I'm guessing Windows 10 something from the window frame in your screenshot. Right-click the Start button and pick System from the menu. Here it should say something like Windows 10 ???, Version xxHx, OS build xxxxx.xxxx.)

What language is Windows using?
(In Windows 10 this is at Start, Settings, Time & Language, Language, Windows Display Language.)

What scaling is Windows using? (A percentage.)
(In Windows 10 this is at Start; Settings; System; Display; Scale and layout - Change the size of text, apps, and other items.)

Things you could try:

Right-click Caliross' "Game.exe", pick Troubleshoot Compatibility, and see what Windows thinks.

If your system scaling isn't 100%, try setting it to 100% temporarily and running the game. (This might require a restart and might make the OS stuff hard to read until you set it back.)

If your system language isn't English, you could try using the program to run it in "English (United States)". (You'll have to add it to the context menu or application profile by right-clicking "Game.exe" and going into the Locale Emulator submenu after you have Locale Emulator installed.)

Update Windows until there's nothing left but Optional updates, then update your video drivers from NVidia, AMD, or Intel. You never know.

Good luck!
Thanks for the troubleshooting! I tried locale emulator and it fix all the problem!

Reactions: YetAnotherGamer

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Sonya path is finisehd or will we be able to be her exclusive pet ?
Sonya's paths are finished. They reached the amount of content I wanted for them a while ago, I can't imagine any other tweaks to them.

Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
The game was created in 2017, we have 2022 and my question is why does the controls only support arrows?!
I read about your game having a mouse control problem with the game but this is just weird, I have played hundreds of games made on this engine and there were no problems because from the beginning of the game the mouse controls are enabled by default...

For the first time I hear that mouse control on this engine causes errors in the game, control with WSAD also does not work, it is probably logical that if you can control with arrows WSAD should also work, it seems to me that these problems with the engine are just the developer's laziness, if this game was a few months or a year I would really understand it but so many years is just a shame, I will not mention that the game has a terrible resolution scaling, full screen is a misunderstanding :FacePalm:

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
By default RPG Maker VX Ace does NOT support mouse controls. Integrated mouse controls were added with RPG Maker MV (i.e the next version of RPG Maker). So no, not laziness.

Reactions: ustar

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
2017 to now! Where did all the time go? I remember playing the first public release of this game. Ahh, nostalgia... :)

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes