CriticalHit

May 23, 2018
On one hand, I'm glad the game's still getting updates. Very easy to lose interest in something after a while. On the other, I wouldn't mind if they just bunkered down and just finished the damn thing already lol. Every time I see another 9 show up on the progress bar, I cry a little inside.

Reactions: sandis922

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I'd love to see the vampire path finished, it's so weird how this game feels pretty unfinished still, despite having so much content. Can't even tell why, but I think it's the fact that there isn't really any satisfying conclusion to things as far as I can tell. Or maybe there actually aren't really endings for the character paths yet? It's so confusing. But a generally speaking very cool game, one of the very few RPGM games I find appealing in most aspects of even the gameplay itself.

Reactions: dr4gonfly

asaness

Apr 9, 2018
Nope, just the CG gallery. I started working on the other one too late (I already had hundreds of scenes), and it would have been a huge time sink (I'll keep in mind to work on one right away for future games).
oh damn i just started on this but was just using 1 or only few slots of save does that mean i already cant replay some scenes now if that wont be implemented unless i new game and save before a scene

silverwolfss

Jun 30, 2017
so what causes your mana to constantly be drain i have all items ( I save edited sue me)

she says "this thing just keeps draining mana" WHAT THING

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I'd love to see the vampire path finished, it's so weird how this game feels pretty unfinished still, despite having so much content. Can't even tell why, but I think it's the fact that there isn't really any satisfying conclusion to things as far as I can tell. Or maybe there actually aren't really endings for the character paths yet? It's so confusing. But a generally speaking very cool game, one of the very few RPGM games I find appealing in most aspects of even the gameplay itself.
The vampire path is finished, you don't become a vampire, though (the date on the beach with Beatrix is the ending for that). Did you see the ending of the game? Some characters are featured there, if you have grown close enough. If you are thinking of some specific paths that feels incomplete, do let me know which ones and what's your reasoning. No promises, but I could always add something more if I feel like you are right.

oh damn i just started on this but was just using 1 or only few slots of save does that mean i already cant replay some scenes now if that wont be implemented unless i new game and save before a scene
There are a lot of scenes that aren't repeatable, and with no gallery you might have to keep a ton of saves if you want easy access to many of them, yes.

Looks good, but I'm going to wait for the v0.99999998gamma release.
You should wait for the buffer overflow version, if you want the full experience. XD

Did the path where you pray to the secret shrines in the temples get continued?
When you play the last quest/chapter, the game has 2 different paths, depending on whether or not you interacted with all the secret statues, so it does play out in the game.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
The vampire path is finished, you don't become a vampire, though (the date on the beach with Beatrix is the ending for that). Did you see the ending of the game? Some characters are featured there, if you have grown close enough. If you are thinking of some specific paths that feels incomplete, do let me know which ones and what's your reasoning. No promises, but I could always add something more if I feel like you are right.

There are a lot of scenes that aren't repeatable, and with no gallery you might have to keep a ton of saves if you want easy access to many of them, yes.

You should wait for the buffer overflow version, if you want the full experience. XD

When you play the last quest/chapter, the game has 2 different paths, depending on whether or not you interacted with all the secret statues, so it does play out in the game.
I see, no, never made it to the end, I always ended up feeling as if I missed stuff or as if I rushed stuff & restarted, till at some point I kinda gave up. Then came back and started all over 2 months later, but at some point same thing happened. That repeated over the last year basically, lol.
After reading the latest rating of the game I think I have an idea what kinda happened. I feel as if (for me) too much stuff happens at the start of the game, according to the guide I had to consult at some point I basically saw all Beatrix scenes before even finishing chapter 2, leading to a weird feeling of not really having too much to look forward to in the next chapters. Since those scenes with her mostly trigger randomly afaik, there wasn't much to do about it, sure, I could have not talked to her at all, but I was worried that would mean I miss out on scenes with her that happen during chapter 1 only (not sure if that even is the case ofc).

Perhaps seeing the final scene with her + the ending of the game would have solved my issue of feeling as if things with her go nowhere, really, but it just is difficult to commit to her (or any other route I saw so far) because from the scene guide it doesn't sound as if they are too intricately connected with the rest of the game. Which isn't bad or wrong, it just kinda breaks the flow of the immersion, in a way. Problem is I 100% should finish the game first before trying to tell you what might or might not could be expanded. I understand if you don't wanna spoil things but is there some sort of pay-off for following through with Beatrix's route? She seems romantically interested in the protagonist, but also kinda not?

I'm probably not great at explaining my thoughts here but that is, in general, something I felt in regards to the other routes I did/started like e.g. Ariel (she has few scenes, all of which are basically done in chapter 1 if the player talks to her enough), same with Carla as far as I remember (think I saw all of her scenes before ending chapter 2) it just leaves me with this thought of "why would I even play further when this has been it, basically, and none of those characters, despite seemingly being romantically interested in the protagonist, not just for a quick session, seems to really be a part of what's going on otherwise - despite especially the Vampires being 1 of the main factions from what I understood. And they ofc do influence things, but Beatrix doesn't really seem to play much of a role in the protagonist's life at all.
Ironically the characters that do have a continuous impact are the ones that are clearly vile & have nothing but ill intentions for the protagonist. (Eliza, Sonya, every person related to the cow path)

To illustrate things maybe (and don't take this as an attempt of being snarky or anything) I can describe it like this: From what I saw and experienced with them I couldn't really tell apart the differences between the routes that (as far as I understand it) are meant to be more wholesome relationships (e.g. Carla, Beatrix, Kira) and the crap evil people like Sonya or Eliza do. There is not much interaction with the npcs outside of the selection of scenes that make up their routes, making them all feel as if they just use the protagonist a bunch of times & then are done with her. Ariel for example never playing a role again after her 3 scenes (excluding the 1st interaction which triggers her appearance) from what I could tell makes her a lot less appealing than she, in my opinion, deserves.

Hopefully this isn't to confused and disjointed, and, again, I do like your game a lot & am sure part of what I experienced is just my own personality as well as perhaps not 100% getting how certain things are meant (stuff the characters say etc.).

Reactions: drone4of2

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
Most of the "endings" to storylines seem fine to great to me. My only worry is the actual ending of the game. Since most storylines have some permanent effects/changes on your character, there will be so many variables to take account of. I hope atleast there will be endings based on her current int/will/inhib stats if taking all the storylines into account is not possible.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I see, no, never made it to the end, I always ended up feeling as if I missed stuff or as if I rushed stuff & restarted, till at some point I kinda gave up. Then came back and started all over 2 months later, but at some point same thing happened. That repeated over the last year basically, lol.
After reading the latest rating of the game I think I have an idea what kinda happened. I feel as if (for me) too much stuff happens at the start of the game, according to the guide I had to consult at some point I basically saw all Beatrix scenes before even finishing chapter 2, leading to a weird feeling of not really having too much to look forward to in the next chapters. Since those scenes with her mostly trigger randomly afaik, there wasn't much to do about it, sure, I could have not talked to her at all, but I was worried that would mean I miss out on scenes with her that happen during chapter 1 only (not sure if that even is the case ofc).

Perhaps seeing the final scene with her + the ending of the game would have solved my issue of feeling as if things with her go nowhere, really, but it just is difficult to commit to her (or any other route I saw so far) because from the scene guide it doesn't sound as if they are too intricately connected with the rest of the game. Which isn't bad or wrong, it just kinda breaks the flow of the immersion, in a way. Problem is I 100% should finish the game first before trying to tell you what might or might not could be expanded. I understand if you don't wanna spoil things but is there some sort of pay-off for following through with Beatrix's route? She seems romantically interested in the protagonist, but also kinda not?

I'm probably not great at explaining my thoughts here but that is, in general, something I felt in regards to the other routes I did/started like e.g. Ariel (she has few scenes, all of which are basically done in chapter 1 if the player talks to her enough), same with Carla as far as I remember (think I saw all of her scenes before ending chapter 2) it just leaves me with this thought of "why would I even play further when this has been it, basically, and none of those characters, despite seemingly being romantically interested in the protagonist, not just for a quick session, seems to really be a part of what's going on otherwise - despite especially the Vampires being 1 of the main factions from what I understood. And they ofc do influence things, but Beatrix doesn't really seem to play much of a role in the protagonist's life at all.
Ironically the characters that do have a continuous impact are the ones that are clearly vile & have nothing but ill intentions for the protagonist. (Eliza, Sonya, every person related to the cow path)

To illustrate things maybe (and don't take this as an attempt of being snarky or anything) I can describe it like this: From what I saw and experienced with them I couldn't really tell apart the differences between the routes that (as far as I understand it) are meant to be more wholesome relationships (e.g. Carla, Beatrix, Kira) and the crap evil people like Sonya or Eliza do. There is not much interaction with the npcs outside of the selection of scenes that make up their routes, making them all feel as if they just use the protagonist a bunch of times & then are done with her. Ariel for example never playing a role again after her 3 scenes (excluding the 1st interaction which triggers her appearance) from what I could tell makes her a lot less appealing than she, in my opinion, deserves.

Hopefully this isn't to confused and disjointed, and, again, I do like your game a lot & am sure part of what I experienced is just my own personality as well as perhaps not 100% getting how certain things are meant (stuff the characters say etc.).
I think I get what you mean. I have left the main plot separated from the side characters for the most part. Also, I didn't build the game around a central set of companions and/or characters, which I partially regret, since the game remains mostly a solitary journey, making it harder to develop character arcs. There are also some advantages to this approach, of course, and the paths still do have a trajectory to them, but I can understand why someone would feel not as "immersed", so to speak. I also probably made some paths/events a little too complicated for their own good (although I like doing that, so it's hard for me to gauge when I go too far XD).

Most of the "endings" to storylines seem fine to great to me. My only worry is the actual ending of the game. Since most storylines have some permanent effects/changes on your character, there will be so many variables to take account of. I hope atleast there will be endings based on her current int/will/inhib stats if taking all the storylines into account is not possible.
You can already see the ending(s), if you want to. While there are a few things that aren't complete, you can see the ending to the main story, and also to a bunch of side stories. The style is kind of like the old Fallout games, so you get a series of "slides", detailing what happened (a recap for the various cities, most of the important NPCs, what went on with the protagonist and so on).

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I think I get what you mean. I have left the main plot separated from the side characters for the most part. Also, I didn't build the game around a central set of companions and/or characters, which I partially regret, since the game remains mostly a solitary journey, making it harder to develop character arcs. There are also some advantages to this approach, of course, and the paths still do have a trajectory to them, but I can understand why someone would feel not as "immersed", so to speak. I also probably made some paths/events a little too complicated for their own good (although I like doing that, so it's hard for me to gauge when I go too far XD).

You can already see the ending(s), if you want to. While there are a few things that aren't complete, you can see the ending to the main story, and also to a bunch of side stories. The style is kind of like the old Fallout games, so you get a series of "slides", detailing what happened (a recap for the various cities, most of the important NPCs, what went on with the protagonist and so on).
I think I can agree with what you say, it creates a rather strange feeling of things being pretty disjointed, with the main story being a somewhat lonely affair. It does have it's merits though for sure (like the fact you can include those multiple routes and there is no draw back to doing multiple in 1 run) & I don't dislike that some of the routes are pretty complex. Would you mind telling me if the impact of following Beatrix's path on the ending actually has the relationship between her & the protagonist go somewhere? It would definitely mean kind of a motivational boost in regards to starting a new play-through & actually finishing it for once, I'll say. :D Or, if that is too much spoiler, if you think I'd be disappointed at the end when I am hoping to have some variations of happy endings with the different romanceable NPCs (Beatrix might be my fav but it's not as if the likes of Carla, Leah, Kira and even Edith (in her own way) are unlikeable, quite the opposite. What I saw of their routes were definitely my highlights of the game, hence I am asking about that aspect of Caliross specifically, of course. You write nice interactions & the humor of your writing actually hits the spot for me, it's not too silly, it isn't edgy, it's just genuinely amusing. Also I like wholesome dommy stuff which Caliross seems to have a lot of.

I mentioned it before but the other outstanding aspect is the fact you made an RPGM game that doesn't annoy me. I like the visuals, even the fact I need to use my keyboard to run around doesn't hurt & of course the lack of a necessity to grind levels and gear, the sparse use of actual combat, the fact there's stuff to discover around the world by using spells...all pretty well done!

noctred

Nov 25, 2017
Probable bug -

I went to the guard's drug den in Tarkas in the evening, got gangbanged by the guards and left. Walked around town for a bit and got a dialog popup that basically said I have an urge to go visit the guards (paraphrased) - I chose the affirmative option and ended up back in the drug den... except the guards were no longer there since they had already fucked me earlier, and if I try to leave then the game just tells me I can't leave before servicing one of the guards.

So basically you just end up perma stuck in the drug den.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I think I can agree with what you say, it creates a rather strange feeling of things being pretty disjointed, with the main story being a somewhat lonely affair. It does have it's merits though for sure (like the fact you can include those multiple routes and there is no draw back to doing multiple in 1 run) & I don't dislike that some of the routes are pretty complex. Would you mind telling me if the impact of following Beatrix's path on the ending actually has the relationship between her & the protagonist go somewhere? It would definitely mean kind of a motivational boost in regards to starting a new play-through & actually finishing it for once, I'll say. :D Or, if that is too much spoiler, if you think I'd be disappointed at the end when I am hoping to have some variations of happy endings with the different romanceable NPCs (Beatrix might be my fav but it's not as if the likes of Carla, Leah, Kira and even Edith (in her own way) are unlikeable, quite the opposite. What I saw of their routes were definitely my highlights of the game, hence I am asking about that aspect of Caliross specifically, of course. You write nice interactions & the humor of your writing actually hits the spot for me, it's not too silly, it isn't edgy, it's just genuinely amusing. Also I like wholesome dommy stuff which Caliross seems to have a lot of.

I mentioned it before but the other outstanding aspect is the fact you made an RPGM game that doesn't annoy me. I like the visuals, even the fact I need to use my keyboard to run around doesn't hurt & of course the lack of a necessity to grind levels and gear, the sparse use of actual combat, the fact there's stuff to discover around the world by using spells...all pretty well done!
Well, since you can follow all these relationship, I avoided using descriptions which would clash (so you don't get 3 variations of "you love her so much" when you have completed multiple paths in the ending). The whole trip with Beatrix is romantic though, and so are the endings (both the CG for the final scene in her path, and the ending slide have two different CGs where you two kiss in a romantic setting). All the characters have a happy ending to their path, as long as you complete them.

Anyone has an issue with latest version where it's impossible to use up and left keys? only right and down work
Never heard of this happening, and this version has been out for a month to patrons, but if anyone has the same issue, I hope they'll let me know.

Has the game have any replay gallery that can replay scenes yet ?
No, and probably never will (it takes too much time to retrofit a replay gallery on top of the current game).

Probable bug -

I went to the guard's drug den in Tarkas in the evening, got gangbanged by the guards and left. Walked around town for a bit and got a dialog popup that basically said I have an urge to go visit the guards (paraphrased) - I chose the affirmative option and ended up back in the drug den... except the guards were no longer there since they had already fucked me earlier, and if I try to leave then the game just tells me I can't leave before servicing one of the guards.

So basically you just end up perma stuck in the drug den.
I think I know how it happened, it's a consequence of me recently updating the maps in Tarkas, sorry about that. I'll fix it ASAP. (It might take a month to appear in the public version, though). In the meantime, you can exit by using the travel sphere (the debug tool), although you might want to save first if you never used it before (there are a few things which could mess your run, but just using the teleports to get back to your house has no unintended consequences).

Dec 29, 2018
Never heard of this happening, and this version has been out for a month to patrons, but if anyone has the same issue, I hope they'll let me know.
Is there any way I can send you a log file or anything? It's not happening with any other program or game, and there is a weird other thing that happens when I click out of the game, then in again to focus it, suddenly the menu selection goes up a few notches.

Or maybe I can look at the log myself if I can find it.

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes