PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Ooops, I hadn't noticed this post. Yeah, you should be able to avoid men for the entirety of the game, if you want nothing to do with them.
That is pretty cool, thank you for going to the effort to make this playstyle viable.:giggle:

You might want to make sure your willpower stays high, for the rare occasion where it might matter to refuse.
Not gonna lie I was not able to find a legitimate way in game to do this, so this is the only stat I used the debug room for, once... If there is an Item in the game I missed which could do this, I would be glad to know about it. ;)

Sonya, Beatrix and Kira don't have bad endings (I assume you are involved with two of these characters).
Yeah, you're right, Sonya and Beatrix are the ones I found wandering through the city at night.

I do have something to say about my experience with them, so there goes: This might sound strange, but let me try and make an argument. The way these two invade your mind... I was expecting the absolute worst, especially Beatrix comes off as maybe even trying to prepare you to take your body for herself at the beginning. So... I do not think it would be the worst idea to give her at the very least a darker ending path. Sonya, I'm not sure about yet.... but the vibe is very similar, at least to start with.

So while I understand a devs desire to "not lock the player out of content". I would not really be angry about it if there are some early Bad Endings as a result of these methods... and it would fit the writing like a glove as well!

Seems like you got help with the rest, sorry again about the bug!
As long as I do know it's a bug and not my own scatterbrain fucking me over, I have at least clarity about the matter. And I have to admit I did not see the game is still in dev as I started to mess around with it! o_O So, I think this is not something you have to be that much apologetic about.

But thank you kindly for replying to me and explaining the situation. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekcho666

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
That is pretty cool, thank you for going to the effort to make this playstyle viable.:giggle:

Not gonna lie I was not able to find a legitimate way in game to do this, so this is the only stat I used the debug room for, once... If there is an Item in the game I missed which could do this, I would be glad to know about it. ;)

Yeah, you're right, Sonya and Beatrix are the ones I found wandering through the city at night.

I do have something to say about my experience with them, so there goes: This might sound strange, but let me try and make an argument. The way these two invade your mind... I was expecting the absolute worst, especially Beatrix comes off as maybe even trying to prepare you to take your body for herself at the beginning. So... I do not think it would be the worst idea to give her at the very least a darker ending path. Sonya, I'm not sure about yet.... but the vibe is very similar, at least to start with.

So while I understand a devs desire to "not lock the player out of content". I would not really be angry about it if there are some early Bad Endings as a result of these methods... and it would fit the writing like a glove as well!

As long as I do know it's a bug and not my own scatterbrain fucking me over, I have at least clarity about the matter. And I have to admit I did not see the game is still in dev as I started to mess around with it! o_O So, I think this is not something you have to be that much apologetic about.

The idea is to be able to play as you want (within reason), the sexy content is almost never part of the main story, so you should even be able to never get in bed with anyone, if you wanted to (although I wouldn't recommend it XD).

There are some ways to raise willpower, but it might be a bit of a slog, depending on how much you need to raise it, so using the debug tool for that might be a good idea anyway.

I didn't want a completely dark path for either of them, so hopefully you'll like where their paths go (by the way Sonya has 2 different paths, depending on whether or not you got stuck with a particular mind-control item or not). Sonya is mostly just selfish, while Beatrix is a bit more romantic, as you might find out. They are both finished, content-wise, so I don't think I'll ever revisit them to change stuff up.

Other characters do have bad ends, some are optional or depend on your choices, others are integral to their path. In general, however, the game was designed to allow for several paths to just continue, instead of being bad ends, and affect parts of the game. Being involved with Beatrix changes some quests, for example, if you progress far enough with her. Some paths are also mutually exclusive (for example, you can't be a cowgirl if you are with Beatrix).

It was a very avoidable bug, that kind of mistake always bothers me. XD I must have gotten distracted when I added that part of the quest. By the way, the game is in development, but you can complete the main story already.

Have fun with the game! ^_^

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Will you be updating the walkthrough some time later?
Yes, most likely. I have been busy with some stuff on the Patreon side of things (discussing the future of the game) and releasing an update for an old game of mine, so my schedule didn't leave me with much room to work on the walkthrough.

Reactions: taglag and Ekcho666

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018

There are three ways I know to raise willpower.

Lea The Slave/Rahib
Buy her from the slave trader in Rahib and once every day she sings raising INT and Willpower by 2.

Carla The Trainer /Bazaar
Train with her 10 times and she will start training you in willpower.

Hypnotist/Circus
Go to the Circus and have him hypnotize you. Note you can only do this a few times so be careful.

Of course, all this cost gold so here is an easy gold exploit (Don't feel guilty your not cheating ;) )

Go to the Queen of hearts at night and use the roulette wheel save before you start playing and if you lose just reload to the point before you started. There are other ways to make money but this is the fastest. If want to do this right away choose to make your character a follower of the goddess of balance at the start as it gives you 800 gold right away that you can use for this exploit.

Have Fun :)

Last edited:

Voido

Mar 12, 2019
Note to Dev:
The game became playable to me after I found the way to increase player character speed. I recommend adding a tip or adding this setting to global settings to make it more visible for newbies like myself.

Adding an option to save before getting on some paths(Eliza and Beatrix are a great examples where I was unaware of what follows) would be also great and before missions with multiple outcomes(Hard Party).

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Note to Dev:
The game became playable to me after I found the way to increase player character speed. I recommend adding a tip or adding this setting to global settings to make it more visible for newbies like myself.

Adding an option to save before getting on some paths(Eliza and Beatrix are a great examples where I was unaware of what follows) would be also great and before missions with multiple outcomes(Hard Party).
Out of curiousity, which speed setting do you use? Sadly, some cutscenes/events do reset the speed back to "normal", so at this point I am unsure if I should add it to the menu proper (it would be weird to have it changed back even after it's picked from the menu).

I'll ask testers if they think it's necessary/useful to have, and if they agree I might compile a list of situations where the players are prompted to save.

Voido

Mar 12, 2019
Out of curiousity, which speed setting do you use? Sadly, some cutscenes/events do reset the speed back to "normal", so at this point I am unsure if I should add it to the menu proper (it would be weird to have it changed back even after it's picked from the menu).

I'll ask testers if they think it's necessary/useful to have, and if they agree I might compile a list of situations where the players are prompted to save.
Thank you for your reply. I use "Fast" option.

Speed also resets after using short teleportation spell.

Reactions: mdqp

Mordredkx

Feb 6, 2022
I'm on the mission "Cloak and Dagger" and I can't progress, when I enter the master bedroom, there's nothing to interact with except the door and the dog, what to do?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I'm on the mission "Cloak and Dagger" and I can't progress, when I enter the master bedroom, there's nothing to interact with except the door and the dog, what to do?
Did you check the walkthrough (linked in the game's folder)?

Reactions: Mordredkx

Mordredkx

Feb 6, 2022
Did you check the walkthrough (linked in the game's folder)?
Yes, I always play according to Walkthrough, but I don't even know what to find, I thought it was a vault or something. AH! I SAW, I didn't throw the energy on the statue, maybe that's it

Reactions: mdqp

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
So i saw on the blog that there's a poll on the future of Caliross, and i'm really wondering what the voting options are on it?
i giess i may be being a bnit sily, but if whatever is voted for most wins, than of all of the options, one of the options in that poll will determine the future and end of calirosss, so i can't help but wonder...

Jul 28, 2018
So i saw on the blog that there's a poll on the future of Caliross, and i'm really wondering what the voting options are on it?
i giess i may be being a bnit sily, but if whatever is voted for most wins, than of all of the options, one of the options in that poll will determine the future and end of calirosss, so i can't help but wonder...
It's "Stop After 1.0 / Add More Content Before Releasing 1.0 / Add More Content After Releasing 1.0". Add...Before has the most votes by a wide margin.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
so option a was basically "Once 1.0 releases, stop adding new content to the game and just do bug fixesf and release 1.0 ASAP" and option B was "Once 1.0 releases, stop adding new content to the game and just do bug fixesf, but keep making some new content and add on stuff for a while before you make 1.0", and b is winning?
B does sound like the best choice, as i'd love to see some of the thinner areas fleshed out and maybe a few of my characters get a bit more content (Especially something like a new fetish from the hypno guy or some new scenes with edith (that's the name of the singer lady, right?)

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
The poll is about how much content Patrons want for the 1.0 release, and how I should handle more content in general. Basically, if they wanted a barebone 1.0 and then we move to the next game, a barebone 1.0 but then we keep going with post 1.0 updates or if they want me to increase the scope of 1.0. So far, the vast majority wants me to add more to 1.0 and extend the development timeline for the game.

I'll leave the poll around for a while more, and then I'll ask about how to prioritize content (outside of what I already consider "core" for the game), and then maybe I'll ask if they want me to introduce TOTDC 2 when Caliross is still around or not (maybe alternating months between the two games, or other forms of releasing it).

Reactions: Silkexla

Leox1x

Sep 1, 2018
Hello, Can you bring invite slim girl(from the wood) into the house ? i did invite the Dryad from the first temple.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hello, Can you bring invite slim girl(from the wood) into the house ? i did invite the Dryad from the first temple.
Currently, you can't invite her (although I am considering it). You can invite all the girls from the temples, though (and doing so unlocks an extra scene with all of them).

Reactions: Leox1x
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes