LJKGray

Nov 22, 2018
After ver 0.9999 will it be ver 1.0 or ver 0.99991? Also I lost my save after the king's harem part, so I guess I will wait for more content

Reactions: YuriiH

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Any fun content with Marjorie if i submitted to her from the start?
Not yet in the game, but there will be. There will also be an option to admit defeat later if you defy her, and get back in the submission route.

Despite being a fan of totdc, I don't think I've touched this game in about 1.5 years, always hoping to play it when it's finished.
It might be time!
Especially since waiting for me to complete anything is never a great idea, as it turns out. XD

After ver 0.9999 will it be ver 1.0 or ver 0.99991? Also I lost my save after the king's harem part, so I guess I will wait for more content
I made the bold executive decision to change the numbering scheme so the next version will be 0.9.0 (the version currently in the hands of patrons). We should be fairly close to the mythical 1.0 release, but I don't trust myself, and we might as well have numbers that aren't so obnoxiously long in the meantime.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I like the Academy content being expanded, especially with Eloise. :D

If I may say so I feel like Marjorie being able to get the protagonist expelled like that seems a bit over the top, especially given that the protag could be a countess at that point already or even at the end of the main story, trusted by the emperor and with a handful of very influential people in her back. Marjorie being able to just freely hypnotize and blackmail the protagonist already feels pretty off, but to me personally the whole setup seems a bit unbelievable, within the game world, not just from an outside perspective.

Don't get me wrong, the way you handled that path makes it so that this doesn't become an actual issue, because you left it to the players to evade that bit of content without even being forced to ignore the other student being bullied, it's just my 2 cents, feel entirely free to ignore them.

Looking forward to more magic academy content for sure, also finally got around to just play through the story without starting over every time, I'm very much enjoying the narration and world, also some of the music is awesome, for example the theme playing in Golden Leaf and Rahib, as well as that little town with the cute Goblin, I'm afraid I can't recall the towns name right now. There was also a mountain area, either before the 2nd temple or during the quest for the old mage that teaches Dark Matter, which had a surprisingly great theme.

Etheric

May 30, 2017
Let's see... You get one mini-quest if you are under the Nari's control, and there is some interplay with the various factions over your county's destiny (as you know). You further the Nari's goals, but you don't get a major quest during the game. During the ending, if you are the Emperor's favourite, Eliza will nudge you into not becoming the Empress, and using your influence over the Emperor as his favourite lover, instead.

There are some conflicts or extra bits to quests if you are under Beatrix or if you progress far enough with Kira, but honestly it's hard to recall every instance off the top of my head. The game has probably a bit less on this front than I would have hoped, since I expanded the game in directions I didn't originally imagine and it became hard to add such things on a larger scale.
That's great I feal more interested now on getting back now haha. Not sure what will be your focus but I wish you could make the routes more interactive, on how one character influence the plot and everything else. I know is your decision and the patrons but is just my wish.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Where is the academy? I've seen a lot of updates to it but I have no idea of the location or how to access it.
When you are in front of the mage guild just turn left and walk all the way to the left side, in the next area there is a large building at the top side of the road you are on, walk inside and talk to the ladyl behind the counter.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Is there a way to make the screen bigger?
Play around with the F5-F6 keys, to see what mode suits you best. The game is low-res, though, so expect pixellation.

I like the Academy content being expanded, especially with Eloise. :D

If I may say so I feel like Marjorie being able to get the protagonist expelled like that seems a bit over the top, especially given that the protag could be a countess at that point already or even at the end of the main story, trusted by the emperor and with a handful of very influential people in her back. Marjorie being able to just freely hypnotize and blackmail the protagonist already feels pretty off, but to me personally the whole setup seems a bit unbelievable, within the game world, not just from an outside perspective.

Don't get me wrong, the way you handled that path makes it so that this doesn't become an actual issue, because you left it to the players to evade that bit of content without even being forced to ignore the other student being bullied, it's just my 2 cents, feel entirely free to ignore them.

Looking forward to more magic academy content for sure, also finally got around to just play through the story without starting over every time, I'm very much enjoying the narration and world, also some of the music is awesome, for example the theme playing in Golden Leaf and Rahib, as well as that little town with the cute Goblin, I'm afraid I can't recall the towns name right now. There was also a mountain area, either before the 2nd temple or during the quest for the old mage that teaches Dark Matter, which had a surprisingly great theme.
I do agree that the mind control might be a little too over the top, which is why things are set the way they are, kind of hinting that the mind-control is weak, and our heroine is either really weak-willed or perhaps even willing to succumb to the spells/traps. I might even reduce the willpower cost to resist the "traps", so that it's easier for the players to resist, if they want to. We'll also be able to turn the tables on Marjorie by finding evidence of what she is doing and getting her expelled in the future (at least, that's the idea).

Overall, the academy tries to be fairly "equal for all", which is why I don't think Erica being a countess would save her. I might make it so that you must lose to Marjorie multiple times (say, gaining 2 or 3 "offenses") before getting expelled, so that it's not as abrupt.

I am happy to hear you are enjoying the game and looking forward to more content for the academy! The town with the goblin would be Tarisa. A good chunk of the in-game music is actually free to use, although I have bought some DLCs/packs along the way to round things up.

That's great I feal more interested now on getting back now haha. Not sure what will be your focus but I wish you could make the routes more interactive, on how one character influence the plot and everything else. I know is your decision and the patrons but is just my wish.
Right now, the last push is for finishing the magic academy, adding the orc/goblin village, finishing the werewolf path, and adding a conclusion to the Outcasts storyline. Along the way I'll try to tackle some of the miscellaneous, minor stuff left (polishing things up), and (if I can find the time) add a final quest for Golden Leaf and some minor quests for chapter 5 (to spread out the content more evenly). As you can see, there is a lot, and I am really trying to hurry up so I can move on to my next game, at this point, so it's hard to find the opportunity to add more.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Play around with the F5-F6 keys, to see what mode suits you best. The game is low-res, though, so expect pixellation.

I do agree that the mind control might be a little too over the top, which is why things are set the way they are, kind of hinting that the mind-control is weak, and our heroine is either really weak-willed or perhaps even willing to succumb to the spells/traps. I might even reduce the willpower cost to resist the "traps", so that it's easier for the players to resist, if they want to. We'll also be able to turn the tables on Marjorie by finding evidence of what she is doing and getting her expelled in the future (at least, that's the idea).

Overall, the academy tries to be fairly "equal for all", which is why I don't think Erica being a countess would save her. I might make it so that you must lose to Marjorie multiple times (say, gaining 2 or 3 "offenses") before getting expelled, so that it's not as abrupt.

I am happy to hear you are enjoying the game and looking forward to more content for the academy! The town with the goblin would be Tarisa. A good chunk of the in-game music is actually free to use, although I have bought some DLCs/packs along the way to round things up.

Right now, the last push is for finishing the magic academy, adding the orc/goblin village, finishing the werewolf path, and adding a conclusion to the Outcasts storyline. Along the way I'll try to tackle some of the miscellaneous, minor stuff left (polishing things up), and (if I can find the time) add a final quest for Golden Leaf and some minor quests for chapter 5 (to spread out the content more evenly). As you can see, there is a lot, and I am really trying to hurry up so I can move on to my next game, at this point, so it's hard to find the opportunity to add more.
I like the sound of tweaking the willpower check for resisting a bit, that would fit with the general idea that Erica is potentially a bit too into being submissive for her own good, but also the authorities at the academy aren't morons or just douches.

I referred to Erica's status as a noble because to me it felt a bit more like the other way around, where Marjorie is just abusing her position as a senior student with a "fan club" (that consists of more than 1 member, not like a certain other fanclub ^^), which made me feel like it wasn't unreasonable to bring up the fact Erica isn't exactly a nobody, for reasons that seem a bit more based as well. :D

The ability to maybe expose her shenanigans if she goes on with being such a nasty piece of work also would be cool!

I'm not entirely sure if I asked this before, if so forgive me, but mind telling what your next game will be about? Will it be like Caliross a gain (female protagonist + player's are free to decide with which content they want to engage)? :giggle:

gf199

Feb 19, 2019
Ok, I really think I'm blind or this is still maybe bugged.
I finally became friends with Eloise after I found that book for her and now she's gone in the morning to take a shower, like changelog said.
She should be on 2nd floor in laboratory (that's where I found her first time and she also said that she usually takes a shower there), but she's still not there. I tried to sleep until the next day couple of times and nothing happened.
Am I missing something (for example is she taking a shower somewhere else) or is it still a bug?

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
I made the bold executive decision to change the numbering scheme so the next version will be 0.9.0 (the version currently in the hands of patrons). We should be fairly close to the mythical 1.0 release, but I don't trust myself, and we might as well have numbers that aren't so obnoxiously long in the meantime.
It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it plays out for him.

I'm going to miss watching the numbers get bigger and bigger.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I like the sound of tweaking the willpower check for resisting a bit, that would fit with the general idea that Erica is potentially a bit too into being submissive for her own good, but also the authorities at the academy aren't morons or just douches.

I referred to Erica's status as a noble because to me it felt a bit more like the other way around, where Marjorie is just abusing her position as a senior student with a "fan club" (that consists of more than 1 member, not like a certain other fanclub ^^), which made me feel like it wasn't unreasonable to bring up the fact Erica isn't exactly a nobody, for reasons that seem a bit more based as well. :D

The ability to maybe expose her shenanigans if she goes on with being such a nasty piece of work also would be cool!

I'm not entirely sure if I asked this before, if so forgive me, but mind telling what your next game will be about? Will it be like Caliross a gain (female protagonist + player's are free to decide with which content they want to engage)? :giggle:
Yeah, I think reducing the willpower cost is the way to go. I didn't want it to be free (otherwise the whole thing is completely toothless), but probably -2 is more reasonable than -4. There is also a cutoff at 40 or lower willpower, which I think is fair.

Marjorie wields her influence over other students, but she doesn't do so against the academy itself. She is the kind you could describe as strong with the weak and weak with the strong, while the matter of Erica's expulsion would be a disciplinary action taken by the academy.

Yeah, that's the idea behind the path. Asking for help from other students should be a part of it as well, so you set things up and get to reveal her actions.

My next game is going to be a sequel to "Tales Of The Drunken Cowboy" (TOTDC), my previous game. The first one was made in RAGS, but TOTDC 2 will use Ren'py. I think of it as an adventure/RPG hybrid. The RPG part isn't meant to be very deep, but you still get to customize your character to an extent, get quests, have choices and consequences, that sort of thing. The demo is mostly done in terms of technical stuff, but I am lagging behind in terms of content, since I don't have a lot of time to work on it with Caliross still in development, so I have yet to finish a version for my testers.

Ok, I really think I'm blind or this is still maybe bugged.
I finally became friends with Eloise after I found that book for her and now she's gone in the morning to take a shower, like changelog said.
She should be on 2nd floor in laboratory (that's where I found her first time and she also said that she usually takes a shower there), but she's still not there. I tried to sleep until the next day couple of times and nothing happened.
Am I missing something (for example is she taking a shower somewhere else) or is it still a bug?
Which version are you playing? Have you tried entering the room even if she isn't there visibly? It might be a visual bug.

It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it plays out for him.

I'm going to miss watching the numbers get bigger and bigger.
Well, if I stretch development long enough... :ROFLMAO:

mdqp In future will you shorten the version name by "1 - (10⁻⁴)a" ? :unsure:
I still regret I haven't used my <any%> version joke for real.

Vodka10K

Jun 26, 2021
Discovered this game today, and was pleasantly surprised how good it is! Even with all the adult content removed it would still be a good RPG game. I'm impressed!

mdqp
Do you have plans to release the game in Steam? I would like to buy it, but I'm unable to use Patreon or Itch in my country, so Steam could be an only possible option.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Discovered this game today, and was pleasantly surprised how good it is! Even with all the adult content removed it would still be a good RPG game. I'm impressed!

mdqp
Do you have plans to release the game in Steam? I would like to buy it, but I'm unable to use Patreon or Itch in my country, so Steam could be an only possible option.
Glad you like it! Currently I am not working toward a Steam release, but I am thinking about it for the future. It would still be the free version, though, as I prefer the Patreon model for support. There is a good chance the full game will be publicly released by then anyway, so the distinction probably won't matter.

If you still want to support me, you could send me a donation through paypal, (you can find a button for that in my blog, on the sidebar).

Current one. And yeah, I tried to enter anyway but nothing.
In general, I need you to tell me the version number in the file name to be sure (since I have a public version and a patreon version, it's easy for me to get confused). I think you are right, and there seems to be a problem in the public version. Perhaps it's something I fixed and then I forgot about it, since the Patreon version seems fine.

You can send me the savefile, and I can hack together a quick fix for you. I also found a couple of glitches in the Patreon version thanks to this report, so thanks for those as well!

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes