Unreal Engine Call of Beyond [v0.6 Premium] [Call of Beyond Team]

4.30 star(s) 13 Votes

testry

Sep 18, 2017
I found the runes, now what?
I can't find that hidden chair in the library. I found a "weird shelf" I can interact but the response is she doesn't know what to do. Also is there a way to leave the dungeon or where is that order you got your equipment? Or not in this version?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CallOfBeyond-0.1Patreon
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Feb 11, 2020
After looking at the roadmap I believe I might come back here after a couple of years because developer for some reason prioritizes to develop a 5 gb NSFW animation gallery instead of a game with actual gameplay mechanics, lmao.
Unfortunately people don't often support games that don't have a lot of NSFW content to enjoy (that is why we're here after all) and so they'll just wait until the game is further along and new NSFW content is released. So devs have to add NSFW stuff to keep people interested (and paying) even if it means a slower progression for the rest of the game development

Reactions: Leeduva

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Unfortunately people don't often support games that don't have a lot of NSFW content to enjoy (that is why we're here after all) and so they'll just wait until the game is further along and new NSFW content is released. So devs have to add NSFW stuff to keep people interested (and paying) even if it means a slower progression for the rest of the game development
Well if he wants a game focused on gameplay, rather than sex, he can go play Delta Zone. But I'd prefer the devs focus on the sex, because very few good sex gallery-style games exist.

=====

If the developer ever shows up here, I have a variety of suggestions to improve the game.

orestkwitka

May 7, 2023
Well if he wants a game focused on gameplay, rather than sex, he can go play Delta Zone. But I'd prefer the devs focus on the sex, because very few good sex gallery-style games exist.

=====

If the developer ever shows up here, I have a variety of suggestions to improve the game.
Please, go ahead.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Last Updated = May 10th (V0.1)

orestkwitka ; Alrighty (assuming you are a developer, despite lack of title)... If I think of further stuff for V0.1, I'll edit this post. Its not a bad proof of concept, and is graphically and framerate smooth impressive, but there isn't much to guess on how gameplay will work out.

1. UI Improvements:
-> Have objects that can be interacted with or picked up, highlighted, when you get close. Doesn't have to be constant, but if you pass within say 5 meters of something, have it highlight. That way when hunting for buttons, switches, small objects on the ground (ie Runes), or other interactables, you'll know something is nearby.
-> When you have your cursor over an interactable, have it display some interaction symbol or "E", so that the player knows what to press and when they have something interactable under their cursor. I had a lot of difficulty interacting with some notes, and a feature like this would help a lot.
-> Allow us to grab any book or note, and take it with us. Have a separate UI for journal entries/notes, so that we can reread them later.
-> Allow us to unequip our gear, and maybe have humorous conversation when naked, and an animation of us trying to cover ourselves.

2. Quest Improvements:
-> Finding say, 10 of something, would be great if there was 30% more than needed. So in the case of the runes, you could find more than you need, but if you missed a few, you wouldn't be stuck hunting for ages where it might be.
-> Having a quest indicator over an NPC with a quest to give you, can be very useful for figuring out where to go when you get lost.
-> Having an indicator with a path (ie Dead Space, Hogwarts Legacy, Saints Row etc) to your current objective, can be very useful to finding your way. Alternatively (or also) having a map would help too.
-> Ability to set your current objective, with a UI element for tracking progress would be very useful.
-> Change the note interface to Side Quest, Main Quest, and Important Notes, to better separate the topics. Also cross out a quest once completed.

3. Character / Sex Changes:
-> Have a character customization at the start. Having a titular character is nice and all, but not everyone likes certain hair colors or hair lengths, or even the ability to change makeup colors. Doesn't have to be super fancy or advanced though, as such a system would be complicated to get right in terms of development time. I personally ain't a fan of short-haired women.
-> Utilize more hair, breast, butt and cloth bounce, while moving around. Its basically nonexistent currently, and even during sex it is limited.
-> Have the option to remain partially clothed or fully clothed during sex animations.
-> More moans, fluids, male grunts, etc... during sex animations. Also possibly post-sex gaping, drippage or cumshots on the body.
-> Manual sex controls. Something simple like mouse control to control the sex, so that you can have sex at whatever pace you want it at.
-> Allow us to set the third person camera, with similar controls to the sex interface. So hold some key like ALT, and then move the camera with the mouse into position and let go, and then the camera remains fixed in that direction. Then HOME key to reset the camera to default. Useful for a variety of situations, such as dialogue, or watching the character walk.
-> During sex, have a pleasure meter. Much easier to understand than whatever is currently used. Also have a pleasure meter for him and her. Then once the meter is filled, a button appears to let him cum, and a button appears for let her cum (depending on which meter filled).
-> Then have different sex positions/holes determine rates of pleasure for him/her.
-> Have the option for sex to switch from anal to vaginal. Very few games do this.

=====

Read your credits. My condolences on how the war has personally affected you. Keep up the great work!

May 10th Update:

1. UI Improvements:
-> Found a gamebreaking bug. If you hit escape (ESC key) while reading a book, you are stuck reading that book forever. You cannot click on continue to close the book.
-> All open books, in the library, are of the same book on airborne plankton.
-> All the books you are supposed to collect, cannot be read in the inventory or when picked up initially. Since these are supposed to teach us about what to expect of gameplay, seems a pretty glaring issue.
-> The sandbox controls (R T Y) appears once at the very start of the game and is easily missed. They will reappear if you hit any of the keys, but if you missed them you'd likely not know of them.
-> First time I launched the game, and clicked showroom, nothing happened. When I launched the game a second time, it brought me to the showroom, when I clicked on it.
-> You can extinguish candles or torches, without suffering harm, but then you can't relight them.

2. Quest Improvements:
-> Since the player starts in a jail cell, perhaps we should start the game naked or in rags. It just seems weird that we are given a suit of armor that only the Order is allowed to wear, before we are let into the Order. It would also be good to do it this way, as then you could instruct the player on how to equip items from the inventory.
-> Rename the Multi-Tool Lantern to just Omni-Tool. Like the device in Mass Effect games. It serves multiple purposes, so its a weapon, a lantern, and a tool, so I think that works more thematically.
-> Maybe if you used our lantern (holding down a key perhaps), it produced an effect similar to Survival Senses (Tomb Raider) or Magical Presence (Hogwarts Legacy), which would make things go greyscale and highlight important details in bright yellow, hostile enemies in bright red, NPCs in blue, and traps/environmental hazards in green.
-> If you collect all the books before talking to the librarian once, it will skip all their dialogue and complete the quest.

3. Character / Sex Changes:
-> Can perform sandbox animations without needing to do the quest.
-> The camera in sex mode needs work. If you want some examples of other UE4/5 titles with good camera controls, take a look at Sorceress Tale, Wild Life, or Delta Zone (all can be found here on F95).
-> Not liking the auto-spin effect when you try to view the character from the front. This also occurs while walking, but not when sprinting.
-> The vaginal hole, is a lot closer to the anus. So either move the anus closer, or make the entire vagina bigger.
-> The physics on the leather straps looks weird. The ones on the back, barely move, while the ones on the front, stretch massively then shrink massively.
-> The sleeves should probably have physics applied to them.
-> Might be nice to have a short skirt on the model, both for added physics and skirts look great on big bottom girls.
-> Perhaps have all key items, granted by the provisioner, appear on your body. Then have physics applied to each item. Similar in thought to Sorceress Tale.
-> Turn radius on the run, is quite sharp, and so I frequently collide with objects. Try running in a circle, and you'll see that you basically run in a diamond pattern instead.
-> No inverse kinematics active as far as I can see. Most noticeable during sex animations.
-> You can jump and land ontop of the head of NPCs. Then you can jump off of them for extra height, to say reach the area where the Priestess of All Mother sits.
-> You can sprint while crouched. It consumes stamina, but doesn't make you go any faster.
-> If you jump while crouched, it simply causes you stand up.

4. Options Menu:
-> Hovering the cursor over an element in the menu, isn't always highlighted "black". It seems there is deadzones on the UI where it doesn't register that you are hovering but if you click, it does modify that menu element.
-> Display Resolution = Number is cut off, despite there being plenty of space.
-> FPS Limit = Do note that FPS limit is based on monitor refresh rate. So my monitors are 75 hz refresh rate, so that means I can have a max FPS of 75. So if you set this to 120, but you can only do 75, the graphics card heats up for no good reason. So maybe have the game detect your refresh rate or allow the player to enter a number manually into a field.
-> Quality Preset = All of the options are bolded white, so not sure which is actually active. Unlike say Display Mode, where it is clear.
-> No Audio options. Also the game is exceptionally quiet. I can barely hear the music, when I crank the volume. Master volume seems fine, but voices and sex moans is also super quiet.

5. Worldspace Problems:
-> Priestess of All Mother mentions secret tomes and a forbidden section of the library that doesn't exist. Also why is she naked, on a cold stone throne. Looks super uncomfortable. Even male kings would find that unbearable and would want a cushion at the very least.
-> Woman guarding the jail, disappears completely to some unknown place.
-> There is no actual exit to the real world in the monastery, so how would people come and go? Magical teleportation circles that also don't exist?
-> The closed off section of the monastery, clearly has two females in view talking to eachother.
-> The jail log, makes reference to several different enemy types, and yet none of them are there. It mentions that they found 1, and only 1, of the angry men, but there is a ton of angry men in there.
-> I'd think that all sex animations with the angry man, should require his hands to be bound above his head. So you'd be like a dominatrix forcing yourself on them, and doing all the work, while he is bound their helpless. Because letting his chains come off, could be disasterous for everyone in the monastery as they sound quite evil and hostile.
-> Gamebreaking bug found: If you open the weird bookcase and stand where it comes down, when it comes down, you clip into the bookcase. The moment you move, you clip through the floor and fall a certain distance and then the game freezes. Had to Task Manager to escape.
-> Cell 3 is supposed to have some kind of odd creature, lured in with bait, but all there is, is a note. No bait, and no corpse.
-> Cell 6 is supposed to have a dead creature in it.
-> The jailer says that science and drinking wine is banned, but yet they are able to do both. Seems like a very weird and "evil" organization that doesn't follow its own rules.

=====

Anywho, will update review and provide more suggestions when V0.2 drops

Last edited:

BullDemon

Dec 10, 2018
easy to glitch your self trought walls, you open the sex animation, then change the animation to be in the other side, then exit, yo

alterEggus

Jan 12, 2021
ALS used as locomotion system here. For all the people complaining about the game, think about how hard is to make something like this. From the first sketches, the concept art, of every single asset. I am a dev myself, and also an unreal engine user for development. I see the assets here all originals, even I think there are no scanned objects, everything seems designed, modeled and even animated by this devs, no marketplace here. Also the concept art is very consistent on each object on the game, and a singular blend between stylized and realistic concept, that is very pleasant. About someone up here complainig about physics or collisions, from my point of view, it is because of the use of ALS, that it is very restrictive with that kind of things, that's why I don't use it anymore. But ALS (Advanced Locomotion System) makes you to win A LOT of time that you can use in other parts of the development. Meaning you cannot have EVERYTHING, if not you can call yourself Fromsoftware, Sony Santa Monica or Guerrilla Games, with tons of the best technicians and artists working there. I think f95 is more a place to know about indie games, and of course related with sexual content. I hope this guys have all the luck on the world, and also for what is going on on their beautiful country.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Hey if there is a legitimate reason for something not working, due to technical restraints I totally get that. I'm a software developer myself and I'm well aware that of technical restraints and how they can both improve your workflow or restrict it. However, I've never heard of this ALS before.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
About someone up here complainig about physics or collisions, from my point of view, it is because of the use of ALS, that it is very restrictive with that kind of things, that's why I don't use it anymore
No it's not about ALS, it's about unskilled dev's.:rolleyes:

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
No it's not about ALS, it's about unskilled dev's.:rolleyes:
Well, the thing is, unless they've been doing this for 5 years and aren't getting any better (ie Sorceress Tale, Wild Life, Studio FOW), slamming people for being a new developer gets everyone nowhere. It slows down development and doesn't actually improve their abilities. So if you know how to implement physics with ALS, then definitely suggest it.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Am i missing something or the game has no audio? :unsure:
Its extremely quiet. For most sound effects I have to crank the volume to hear them, and then reduce the sound whenever I talk to someone. Until we get a sounds menu, its all you can do. I reported this above.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
ALS used as locomotion system here. For all the people complaining about the game, think about how hard is to make something like this. From the first sketches, the concept art, of every single asset. I am a dev myself, and also an unreal engine user for development. I see the assets here all originals, even I think there are no scanned objects, everything seems designed, modeled and even animated by this devs, no marketplace here. Also the concept art is very consistent on each object on the game, and a singular blend between stylized and realistic concept, that is very pleasant. About someone up here complainig about physics or collisions, from my point of view, it is because of the use of ALS, that it is very restrictive with that kind of things, that's why I don't use it anymore. But ALS (Advanced Locomotion System) makes you to win A LOT of time that you can use in other parts of the development. Meaning you cannot have EVERYTHING, if not you can call yourself Fromsoftware, Sony Santa Monica or Guerrilla Games, with tons of the best technicians and artists working there. I think f95 is more a place to know about indie games, and of course related with sexual content. I hope this guys have all the luck on the world, and also for what is going on on their beautiful country.
I admit, because you didn't identify your acronym off the bat, I had a bit of a head scratcher trying to figure out what Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis had to do with anything. Not that it makes sense for Lou Gherig's disease to come into the conversation, thus why I had a chuckle that it crossed my mind.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
If all the folks who

If all the folks who worked on 0.1 unreal games would band together they would hit 1.0 for sure.

But it's probably fueled by greed and if not that too many different personalities.

That said Unreal Dev here who wouldn't mind working with some talented Artists.
Having tried to work in a group, in a college course, with 2 entrepreneurs, 1 manager, and myself, I can tell you from experience that this would NEVER work. What this devolved into was everyone wanted to do their own thing, they wanted to be the leader, and as a result, we all submitted our own project, when we were supposed to work together to produce a single project.

Each of these 0.1 developers usually hit some sort of coding wall, can't figure out how to get past it, and give up. Usually its a cumshot system, or trying to implement an inverse kinematics (IK) rig, or they try to create a combat encounter and realize its a lot harder than it appears to be. Then they get disheartened and give up.

The reason AA studios manage to work, is everyone has a clear role, everyone knows that they can voice their opinions without getting attacked, there is a clear leader, and creativity is shared equally. Merging all these small teams together, isn't an easy task and without a strong leader, it would fall apart after the first major creativity conflict.

It isn't even a matter of greed, but moreso conflicts over the best way to approach a problem. And when there is 12 different approaches offered and no good leader to figure out the best approach to take, infighting and frustration will set in and the team will disintegrate and everyone will go back to doing small 1 person projects because they don't want to deal with this stress. The problem is, a good leader may not be a good programmer, artist, or designer, and so they'd find it difficult to start up a group from smaller outfits, because the smaller outfits would question what they actually bring to the table.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Keeru and evaw
4.30 star(s) 13 Votes