mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
There are a reasonable amount of details on Patreon, however a little explanation below:
- Sci-fi game called Stellar Crossroads.
- MC will be a common labourer, that inherits a run down space station.
- Station will be located at a 'galactic hub' in the Orion sector. This galactic hub will have inactive gates that the player will progressively open up.
- The station will serve a little bit like the ship in Callisto, however will be far more customisable. You will also be able to acquire a variety of ships and explore on the other side of the gates.
- Far more flexibility in gameplay as you can build your base how you want.
- Additionally a more flexible path for the MC, with player being able to take quite evil routes.

The game will still be largely story driven, however you will have the opportunity to partake on different sides of this main story. The increased flexibility being possible is largely a growth in my knowledge of programming and game design. The setting and main game mechanics have high level planning. Character development is already underway and there have been a few polls related to this already. The main story arc still needs to be determined, which is something I need to work out over the next couple of weeks. I have a few ideas, however it needs to be interesting and hopefully bringing something new.

The next game is not a sequel to Callisto and it is not planned that any of the characters will return in any meaningful way. It will however expand on the Callisto lore and be set in the Orion section about 100 years after the events of Callisto. It's always better to bring something new to the table than repeat yourself.

If you want more detail you can sign up on Patreon. If you sign up as a $5 or $10 Patreon you can participate in game development by obtaining access to the polls. Also note that as monthly billing is suspended, you will get early access to the first release of Stellar Crossroads without expending any additional funds beyond initial signup. Note that all existing Patreons will also be eligible for this first release at no additional cost.

Looking forward to getting fully immersed in the new project. Should be able to avoid the pitfalls that made their way into early Callisto development and produce a more polished game as a result.
this sounds amazing. Good luck

Reactions: Triple OG

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Your comment and calling my attention to the official definition got me thinking...is it appropriate?

lessee.... "1 person being courted by at least 3 others..." well that part certainly fits as the MC is courted by several girls and pairs of girls, namely Lia/Tanya, Alice/Rachel, Tiffany/Julia and so forth...not to mention several others.

"...all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously." Hmmm the word "all and simultaneously" used together and when combined with the first clause implies it must have at least a threesome ...and I don't recall a threesome in the game. There are sure lots of doubles and singles...but no threesomes, foursomes or more "simultaneously"...in series, sequentially, yes, but not simultaneously...that I can think of.

Well, I guess if I go by the criteria of this being like a 'regulation racing rule book' definition, I'd have to vote,

"No, the tag is not appropriate." (embarrassing, that is, with all the continual, ongoing sex that is in the game)

So perhaps that tag should be removed?
I think you will find that your interpretation is more accurately described by 'orgy'. A tag that is available on F95, that isn't assigned to the game. A tag is there to provide an indication of what content is in the game. The presence of a tag, does not enslave all content within that game to at service to any particular tag.

To put this in perspective, nobody questioned the tag, until they didn't get the ending they desired. Any game has to have a conclusion and it is never possible to create endings that everyone perceives as their perfect ending. There are however alternative conclusions for the main characters that are consistent with the events that have transpired previously. They are also designed such that they seamlessly integrate into the final episode, allowing you to see what the rest of the crew have been up to.

Those that have posted strong opinions have done so as a result of enjoying the game to date. A game that the majority here have been playing for free. Please consider the game as a whole and not react impulsively to short term disappointment of not getting the exact ending you wanted.

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
I think you will find that your interpretation is more accurately described by 'orgy'. A tag that is available on F95, that isn't assigned to the game. A tag is there to provide an indication of what content is in the game. The presence of a tag, does not enslave all content within that game to at service to any particular tag.

To put this in perspective, nobody questioned the tag, until they didn't get the ending they desired. Any game has to have a conclusion and it is never possible to create endings that everyone perceives as their perfect ending. There are however alternative conclusions for the main characters that are consistent with the events that have transpired previously. They are also designed such that they seamlessly integrate into the final episode, allowing you to see what the rest of the crew have been up to.

Those that have posted strong opinions have done so as a result of enjoying the game to date. A game that the majority here have been playing for free. Please consider the game as a whole and not react impulsively to short term disappointment of not getting the exact ending you wanted.
While I did enjoy the game and I did make some donations so it wasn't something I wasn't vested into. I did enjoy some of the endings. However I don't see how anyone can truly believe "harems" are describing temporary relationships no matter what F95 says.

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020

Finding out where F95 decided to pull their definition from for harem makes it even more ridiculous. They chose to look only at the beginning of the page. Reading further would have solved this whole issue.

Ending[ ]
Harem endings typically follow two different routes, the main character ends up with one or none of the women. Occasionally, a "harem ending" occurs where the main protagonist ends with all of the women, but this is more common in works intended for older audiences.

Edit. one or more, not one or none. Lol.. yah a harem ending would be with no one....

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020

Bah I just researched my way into losing my own argument. ..... Maybe I should just delete all my older posts......

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Bah I just researched my way into losing my own argument. ..... Maybe I should just delete all my older posts......
Thank you for taking the time to consider an alternative viewpoint.

I would also note that there is a specific tag for a 'harem ending', yet another that isn't applied to the game. From a personnel perspective, a long term harem situation is an unbalanced relationship. Essentially the female wishes take a back seat and is there to satisfy the whims of the male. The female characters in Callisto are simply too developed in terms of goals / aspirations to accept that situation long term. If I was to contrive an ending of that nature, it would actually detract from the relevant female characters.

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Your comment and calling my attention to the official definition got me thinking...is it appropriate?

lessee.... "1 person being courted by at least 3 others..." well that part certainly fits as the MC is courted by several girls and pairs of girls, namely Lia/Tanya, Alice/Rachel, Tiffany/Julia and so forth...not to mention several others.

"...all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously." Hmmm the word "all and simultaneously" used together and when combined with the first clause implies it must have at least a threesome ...and I don't recall a threesome in the game. There are sure lots of doubles and singles...but no threesomes, foursomes or more "simultaneously"...in series, sequentially, yes, but not simultaneously...that I can think of.

Well, I guess if I go by the criteria of this being like a 'regulation racing rule book' definition, I'd have to vote,

"No, the tag is not appropriate." (embarrassing, that is, with all the continual, ongoing sex that is in the game)

So perhaps that tag should be removed?
I haven't finished the game yet but thre's at least one threesome that i can think of between MC, Lia and Tanya. I think there was another but can't recollect for sure, been awhile.

Reactions: chicho1958

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
Among a plethora of anime shit I didn't recognize, Freezing is something I read when I was younger. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU CAN CALL FREEZING HAREM.

From chapter one, it is established that Satellizer is the Romantic Pair and that Korean Sauce (you know what it is) will be involved in the series. Calling it a Harem is pushing it hard, which happens a lot with these JP harem stories that aren't harem at all, like Love Hina (god I just dated myself), just because all the females are introduced as POSSIBLE Love Interests does not overcome the obvious Female Lead in the story (AKA *Hina*).

Anyway CBR is known for pushing garbage, littered with "The Message", and since Harem (polygyny) is toxic masculinity you dot the i's.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

I totally agree. Harem and orgy do not necessarily have to coincide. Now, I won't say no to an orgy in the harem but traditional harems were to give the harem master a different wife and/or concubine every night, variety being the spice of life. Having sex with different ladies every night IS a harem experience. I thank you for that Xavster. :)

I also agree that the MC can "play the field" having multiple partners through the entire story before choosing one final partner at the end and still qualify as a harem story for the tag. Been there, played that, will gladly do so again. IMHO, that is kind of the point in having multiple partners through the story... to find who is right.

Anyone who says this title doesn't earn a harem tag did not get all the best content unlocked. There are more threesomes than I can count and a different girl every night.

As for the ending... Well, you created the perfect opportunity to set up MC as Mr. Rourke of his own personal Fantasy Island there at the retreat... We purchased the property at significant personal expense... then... gave it away? Still SMH and miffed over that one. I didn't buy the place to become a guest there later. I bought that place fully intending to share it with the whole crew, the bartender, the dancers and anyone else who wanted to come, hell, even Tiff's Admiral hard ass mother is invited AFAIC... she could stand some loosening up... with MC as the master of the manor... Could've even hired one of the Marvin fellows to play Tattoo. haha :ROFLMAO: "I am Mr. Roarke, your host. Welcome to Fantasy Planet!" Hahaha:ROFLMAO: Yeah... that was the dream in my mind from the first time I saw the retreat... sans the white suits and Marvin as Tattoo. Haha:LOL: That part was just me being a bit silly.

Earlier rants aside, it is and shall remain your game, your call, 100%. Please accept my humble apology for going off like some tyrant. My opinions have not changed, only my attitude. That is why I apologize. Friends can disagree and still be friends. I'll never be anyone's "Yes Man." As first games go, this has been an amazing experience. The scenes with Tanya and Lia actually make the entire game worth my while to play, particularly the beautiful scene after the ceremony on Lia's home world. That was divine. :) You have certainly set yourself up as the hot new dev to follow. So, I shall follow. :)

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I haven't finished the game yet but thre's at least one threesome that i can think of between MC, Lia and Tanya. I think there was another but can't recollect for sure, been awhile.
3somes between near all girls.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
There was zero intended lecture to you personally, but to the tag being appropriate. Just feel like the definition was used incorrectly. Just because the site also doesn't know the real meaning either is pretty lame, but it is what it is. The whole point of a harem is that they stay together. It isn't meant as a temporary thing. Based on the site though, I was wrong.

The trumpism was pretty low of me to go there. So, sorry about that.

However let's look at this from a logic point of view. I can see how Alice, Rachel and the Doc to not be part of the harem at the end as it seemed it was more a taking advantage of the situation. I can see Tanya possibly going elsewhere if she got bored, but it ignores the conversations she had with him all the way through the story. Lastly Kara, Lia and Tiffany all of a sudden giving up on a relationship with him belies all logic. The whole story they are going after him. With what we have been told about their personalities they are not going to stop fighting for him after all this. What is the point in showing us their personalities if you aren't going to use them at the end. Make zero sense. Pretty shitty story telling IMO.

Anyway your whole point was that the tag is appropriate and based on the site rules, it is. Mea culpa.
Glad we have this misunderstanding out of the way.

My view on the matter is this: the classical harem you described in your previous post is a construct from patriarchal societies where women are seen as nothing but property. I can't see the women in this story being content with that at all. None of them wants to be in a harem permanently. In real harems, the women don't have much say in the matter. Here, that just wouldn't work. If the story ended that way, now that would be far more illogical than the endings we are being presented here I think.
Then, about their personalities. Let's take Tiffany for example. Early in the story she's a rebellious little brat that doesn't have a notion of what responsibility entails. By the end of the story, she's been to hell and back with the captain and the rest of the crew, and she has become the president of a quarrelling coalition of planets where she has to keep the peace. You can literally see that she matured just by her looks alone during the latter part of the game. I find it perfectly acceptable that by that time, she's mature enough to accept the captain's decision, albeit begrudgingly (just look at her face), and move on.
I could go on about Lia, Kara and Tanya, but I will leave it at that. I will just say that the ending, although a bit abrupt, is logically perfectly acceptable for me and the storytelling is anything but shitty IMO.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
And sad he could not get the hive queen too
She's a hot number isn't she. I especially loved how she even took the time to put on her kinky boots before she snuffed that Dr. Evil type in the previous chapter.

Tikita

Oct 11, 2019
Congrats on finishing the game ! it was a real treat going through that story. And I don't mean anything bad while saying this, but while there is nothing being completely over the top or just uniquely amazing or breaking the ceiling in any way for sci-fi aficionados, those devs manage to create something really worth following through. My favorite part is the character roster. Their appearance is definitely unique and the lore following them is quite triggering I must say.

It might seem contradictory but the part I was most surprised about was the free-roaming/sandbox. I usually hate those mechanics because I believe it breaks the flow of a tight story, but here I had fun managing and engaging with the tasks at hand. At the same time, you can really feel the lack of novelty from it when it comes to the ending chapters, I wish there was more than the usual routine going on, maybe more special sex scenes or other types of minigames than the basket only one. I wish something would break the routine instead of just hitting the "forward" switch until the next mission set off.

All in all, I must say this was a really good experience, I will follow and support where this team is heading next. Thanks for the experience and I'm looking forward to whatever you put together next.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Actually, unless I missed something, there's no threesome with Tanya and Lia (except for the minor scene where Tanya goes down on Lia), but there are threesomes with Tanya and Jill (Gideon's bar maid), Tiffany and Julia, Salacia and Denear (alien girls at Hydas), and the aforementioned one with Alice and Rachel, plus all the minor three or foursomes shower scenes (Tanya, Kara, and Rachel after basket; et cetera...).
Oh... my friend... you need to play again and make sure you are in with Lia! The scene with Lia and Tanya takes place after a ceremony on Lia's home world. It is magical and divine!:love::love::love:
It is my favorite scene in the entire game! :love: :love: :love:
If I remembered exactly how to unlock the scene I would certainly share the info, mais non. My memory is shit these days... like so much moldy Swiss cheese all full of holes! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: I still remember what happened. That part was truly unforgettable. It's just the path to the destination that is fuzzy...

Unforgettable by Nat King Cole... priceless...

• Red Heart
Reactions: The Japanese

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Oh, shit! Yeah! How could I forget!!! Lia's deflowering! I even have it on my saves! I think I forgot because it's not repeatable!
That's one of the few things I would have changed in the game; like adding the option of inviting Lia & Tanya at the same time to the night encounters after it happened once (not only this but many sex acts and encounters that happen in the game but you can't repeat in the night scenes -- and some you can't repeat ever...).
Not repeatable??? Ummm... I thought that is what saves are for. Hahaha :ROFLMAO:
I've revisited that scene a few times now... I have one that starts at the beginning of the ceremony, another when we are just about to engage with Lia and still another save just before Tanya joins in... Magical and divine... Best scene in game IMHO.:cool:(y)

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah there's more 3 some at least, 3 that I recall maybe more but just remember those

Reactions: PapaPhat
4.20 star(s) 118 Votes