AnthonyIsAGod

Nov 6, 2017
PS: Coding wise you could do it either way, just that if you take the all at once approach, you don't get the main story to play out over time.
Just a thought. The main story could play out while you are hunting for the spider bots. Just because the endgame happens all at once doesn't mean that the lead up has to. The back and forth can come before deployment. (was that vague enough?)

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
That would be awesome. Don't know if I would go full human with the form. Lia could outfit her with lights that change color with arousal states, just like her. She would be a great vehicle for Alice to get payback on the Capt. for messing around with Rachel. Her original military programming could kick in, or she could be hacked. The possibilities are endless.
With the Sam character, the android form results from a clothing asset, hence to change to human form in Daz, I just remove the clothing asset and the related morph. This doesn't prevent me from keeping the eyes, or adding something like a bar code to the skin. I could also have the former seams in her body panels glow through the skin in 'certain' situations. I will also likely no longer use the current maid outfit if I change her to a human form. The clothing asset doesn't form to the character pose particularly well and it's a pain to pose in scenes (you end up tweaking the clothing every pose to avoid it clipping with the model and even then it isn't perfect).

Just a thought. The main story could play out while you are hunting for the spider bots. Just because the endgame happens all at once doesn't mean that the lead up has to. The back and forth can come before deployment. (was that vague enough?)
The coding ties in the progression of the relationship with Lia with the events. Hence I will keep the sequence as it currently is. However, I will add in another scene to give some better reasoning for the approach.

Always looking for ideas to be included in the game and feedback on what has been released so far. Of all the aspects for creating the game, I would consider my writing ability to be my weakest skill. Been doing animations for the last week and am nearing the completion of their posing. My animation skills improve with every day and they are looking pretty sweet. I am biased though.:p

PS: Thanks to Groundlbr and AnthonyIsAGod for posting in the thread. Seems I have dragged a couple of long time lurkers out into the light.:ROFLMAO:

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Game looks promising and is only in 0.1 ,can't wait to see how far can reach.

Hoping we can upgrade the ship engines to be able to surpass light speed with ludicrous speed.
There are both gold and silver stars, I'm assuming the gold are main quests and silver secondary/side quests???

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I've been keeping my Patreons informed in relation to the progress of the next version. I would estimate that it will drop here about mid June. I'm happy to have it released here 1 week after all of my Patreons have received access to the next version.

I have completed pretty much all of the main story line content and will release this to $10 Patreons in a little over a week. For the real v0.40 release however, I will include about a months worth of side content that will round out the release. The main story line may be tweaked during this time as well.

PS: My poor little video card has been continuously crunching animations for about 2 weeks solid now.

fregonard

Mar 11, 2018
I played only the beginning. But I was wondering, does the game have any choice? looks like in dialogues?

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Xavister, You can tell when you've got a really good game going when the guys start anticipating the next release...and asking ...and asking.... :) cheers and here's hopin your little vid card don't crash from getting so hot with all those cool h-scenes!!

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I played only the beginning. But I was wondering, does the game have any choice? looks like in dialogues?
If you have only played the prologue, then it is linear in nature. Once you turn off the computer and explore the world you can decide what you do and when you do it. The main story line is however predominately linear and will remain so. I am attempting to add some branches in it for variety, however it really needs to head in the same direction at this point. To do otherwise would require the creation of massive amounts of content that most people wouldn't play. Hence the effective content per release would shrink. It will heavily branch in the last 1 or 2 releases.

I understand the need for more interactivity with the game and am endeavouring to include more consequences in the side activities. One of the main avenues in which I plan to address this is some of the side missions that will be accessible through the bar at Beehive station (not in game at present). The first one is planned to be a bit of a murder mystery. Additionally, why I have had to force some relationship progress on particular characters for the sake of the main story, most of the other relationships will be left to the players choice. Given the crew dynamics, some of these choices will have consequences.

Note that many games give the illusion of choice, by stacking up points against a character, which then decides what you are going to miss out on. I'm really not a fan of this option. Many of the other superficial options just change the dialogue / image for the next screen.

Whilst I have a good idea where the main story line is headed, many of the side options and relationship interactions are still a work in progress. If anyone has any ideas on where they would like things to head, feel free to share.

fregonard

Mar 11, 2018
If you have only played the prologue, then it is linear in nature. Once you turn off the computer and explore the world you can decide what you do and when you do it. The main story line is however predominately linear and will remain so. I am attempting to add some branches in it for variety, however it really needs to head in the same direction at this point. To do otherwise would require the creation of massive amounts of content that most people wouldn't play. Hence the effective content per release would shrink. It will heavily branch in the last 1 or 2 releases.

I understand the need for more interactivity with the game and am endeavouring to include more consequences in the side activities. One of the main avenues in which I plan to address this is some of the side missions that will be accessible through the bar at Beehive station (not in game at present). The first one is planned to be a bit of a murder mystery. Additionally, why I have had to force some relationship progress on particular characters for the sake of the main story, most of the other relationships will be left to the players choice. Given the crew dynamics, some of these choices will have consequences.

Note that many games give the illusion of choice, by stacking up points against a character, which then decides what you are going to miss out on. I'm really not a fan of this option. Many of the other superficial options just change the dialogue / image for the next screen.

Whilst I have a good idea where the main story line is headed, many of the side options and relationship interactions are still a work in progress. If anyone has any ideas on where they would like things to head, feel free to share.
thanks for the answer, I just wanted to know that he is not kinetic, because I don't like this type of game, I will start to support from May. ^^

Reactions: Xavster

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Xavister, thanks for the update... I've been replaying (and replaying) the game up to this point in anticipation...
In looking at Kara's backstory photo you showed us, gee, this musta been a long time ago....she's so small up top! :)
Oh, and I'm curious....why'd you pick Alice for your Avatar? She's the strangest of the lot...and as a les with a bad backstory (so far) that I suspect her personality is a bit....repressed, maybe even dark?
Cheers and thanks for my favorite story / game on F95!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Xavister, thanks for the update... I've been replaying (and replaying) the game up to this point in anticipation...
In looking at Kara's backstory photo you showed us, gee, this musta been a long time ago....she's so small up top! :)
Oh, and I'm curious....why'd you pick Alice for your Avatar? She's the strangest of the lot...and as a les with a bad backstory (so far) that I suspect her personality is a bit....repressed, maybe even dark?
Cheers and thanks for my favorite story / game on F95!
If you have played 0.31 you will have seen the first part of Kara's backstory, which sees her ending up on Gideon. Part 2 of her backstory in 0.40 will continue on with that story.
In relation to selecting the avatar, I picked Alice as she was the most sci-fi looking portrait image of those available. In relation to her backstory, she went through a lot in her late teens, which has seen her come out quite jaded and a little broken. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
OH....one tiny observation. When the Captain (MC) calls the weekly meeting, his first question is to ask Tanya "How are the Club Finances?" I felt "Club" just doesn't feel right. After all this a ship and crew, how about "Ship's" or "Company's" This one question gets repeated often so it pops up a lot. Other than that, I found so few typos/edits that they're not worth mentioning. (unless you insist :cool: ) cheers and thanks...

Gamer_01

Dec 16, 2019
OH....one tiny observation. When the Captain (MC) calls the weekly meeting, his first question is to ask Tanya "How are the Club Finances?" I felt "Club" just doesn't feel right. After all this a ship and crew, how about "Ship's" or "Company's" This one question gets repeated often so it pops up a lot. Other than that, I found so few typos/edits that they're not worth mentioning. (unless you insist :cool: ) cheers and thanks...
I think you forgot about the strip club that they purchased earlier in the story.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes