Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
A walkthrough of the game would be useful, I don't know what to do and how to do it after the prologue...
Click on the power button at the bottom of the main computer window. Then hit the map button at the top of the screen and then progress the gold star quests (main quests). The game and options will open up from there.
I agree. I think I downloaded this game once before and didn't knew what to do after prologue was stuck on a screen like menu. I remember browsing through some stuff there not sure how to continue the story I did see a big red button to get out of the console ( which at the time I thought meant exit the game ) I probably just pressed x in top right corner thinking that was it for the content at the time.

Now onto a few days ago I downloaded this again, and with a little effort and exploration it turned out I really enjoy this game.
It was just that first step to have seen the prologue and see some details in the console to get on with the story.

Also it's hinted that trade is important and you are almost put on track to discover how that works... neglecting the story with the upgrades and help from Tiffany which makes live onboard a lot easier. ( Maybe that could be more moron proof ) I don't know
it just takes a little effort to get on track and from there the story just flows and everything gets better.

I am still curious about some choices though, for instance when you get Sam and she comes for the night visit you can respond in 2 ways, but in the end I don't see a difference between the choices?

Same goes for the mission on the compound, you can go 2 ways ( stealthy or rush the front gate )
Depending on this choice, you get slightly different scenes (one in were Kara has inner monologue or thoughts that you really care)
Which seemed endearing but other than that not really a different outcome?

Now I'm just really into this game, the renders are amazing and can't wait for further updates.
With the next version I will restructure the introduction to the game to include a little tutorial. Once you get into the game progressing is easy, it's just those first couple of steps.

As far as variability with choices, it comes down to practicality of creating content for the game in future updates. If you have a decision early in the game that significantly changes the main story, then you have to have multiple versions for each piece of content following that. Have a large range of options then you have an incredibly high number of options for each piece of content downstream. Hence what this does is to effectively stop progress in development as you spend you time creating dozens of variations of the same image.

Being aware of this and wanting to give the player choices that effect the core result, I am creating side missions that end up with significantly different outcomes. Given that they are not on the main story line path, these decision do not immediately affect the main path in the short term. They will however have an effect on the main story line in the late game. As the main story progresses to conclusion it does afford me the opportunity to significantly branch the outcomes, however I always have to remain mindful that I do not put myself in a position where the player will only see a fraction of the content on a single play through.

With the next version there will also be an implementation of a crew relationship tracker, that will change how crew members react with each other and the Captain based upon their relationship score. This score will change based upon the players interactions with the crew, in relation to how much attention you pay to certain crew members. Additionally there will be development of the Gideon strip club, where you will be able to manage the club operations. This will include selecting which performers you prefer and on which stage you would like them to perform. With the knowledge I now have of RenPy I should be able to make it fairly dynamic (highly variable) without killing myself creating content. The is largely though the use of having the talent as imagebuttons in the navigation and also using transparent video. For those that have been paying attention, this was also done with the Kara pistol training, where the background changes dependent upon what you have in the hold at the time.

The game is still developing and I am tweaking based upon user feedback. Given that it's the first game I have created, I am still on the learning curve.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
This really is an awesome game once you get the hang of it. Actually it's mostly story driven with the sandbox environment just making it more immersive. It doesn't really feel like a grind at all and the story is easy to progress. Honestly the renders, animations, characters, story and music are all amazing.

What I really want to know is whether there will be specific love interests you can persue or will you ultimately have to get with everyone in order to progress the game? So if you're happy with Tanya and Lia for example, will you still be able to progress the main story or will you be forced to get involved with Tiffany, Kara, Julia and the other girls too? Typically these sandbox games are harem only.

Last edited:
Reactions: professorx10

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
This really is an awesome game once you get the hang of it. Actually it's mostly story driven with the sandbox environment just making it more immersive. It doesn't really feel like a grind at all and the story is easy to progress. Honestly the renders, animations, characters, story and music are all amazing.

What I really want to know is whether there will be specific love interests you can persue or will you ultimately have to get with everyone in order to progress the game? So if you're happy with Tanya and Lia for example, will you still be able to progress the main story or will you be forced to get involved with Tiffany, Kara, Julia and the other girls too? Typically these sandbox games are harem only.
As far as progressing certain relationships, this changes course a little with 0.50. Previous to this the relationships were fully plot driven, however I am introducing a new relationship system that will allow you to opt in or out of any relationships. From this point onward, progressing the main story will deepen the trust you have with other crew members, however it will be your choice on how far to take it.

Love Wheel.jpg

To clarify the above, it is essentially a tracker that shows your interest in certain parties. You have the three main central characters and then the others whom hold some allegiance to central characters. As you focus on one sector the index increases (with changing colour and facial expression), however decreases in the other sectors. Essentially at any given time you may be in the good books with one sector and out of favour with others. This is not static, and will change with every interaction you elect to undertake with crew members.

The index will control what lewd content is available at any time and will also be used to tailor the crews interactions with the player. Additionally I will use it to trigger certain events between crew members, such as Tiffany perhaps wanting to play a prank on Lia given the relative relationship score above. Whilst it will be possible to experience all of the lewd content in the final game on a single play through, it will require you to switch your love interest several times during the game. Also if you want to play like a monk from 0.50 onward that will be possible also. :LOL:

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
As far as progressing certain relationships, this changes course a little with 0.50. Previous to this the relationships were fully plot driven, however I am introducing a new relationship system that will allow you to opt in or out of any relationships. From this point onward, progressing the main story will deepen the trust you have with other crew members, however it will be your choice on how far to take it.

View attachment 730267

To clarify the above, it is essentially a tracker that shows your interest in certain parties. You have the three main central characters and then the others whom hold some allegiance to central characters. As you focus on one sector the index increases (with changing colour and facial expression), however decreases in the other sectors. Essentially at any given time you may be in the good books with one sector and out of favour with others. This is not static, and will change with every interaction you elect to undertake with crew members.

The index will control what lewd content is available at any time and will also be used to tailor the crews interactions with the player. Additionally I will use it to trigger certain events between crew members, such as Tiffany perhaps wanting to play a prank on Lia given the relative relationship score above. Whilst it will be possible to experience all of the lewd content in the final game on a single play through, it will require you to switch your love interest several times during the game. Also if you want to play like a monk from 0.50 onward that will be possible also. :LOL:
Okay, thanks for the reply and clearing that up.
I was just concerned because with Lia and her people, it was all part of the main story (so no way you could progress the game without getting involved with her), but with Kara, she has her own side-story which you can choose to explore or not, and it wouldn't affect the main story or plot (if I'm correct in saying that).
So the other characters will probably have their own side-stories as well (separate and non essential to the main plot).
Personally, I'd prefer playing it monk-style (haha) with different characters on separate play-throughs. That way you get to appreciate the characters more and it also means more game time (so win win).

Last edited:

ttsheng33

Nov 22, 2019
There is a shower scene kara and rachel but when i click shower it look like have some dialogue, but the dialogue just appear for 0.1second , after that when i click then both not scene. Maybe its a bug

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Any chance to see bypassed event?
Outside of replaying, there is no way of viewing a bypassed scene. It's not something to be worried about as the scenes which you can bypass (other than side missions) are very short, so you really aren't missing out on much. Also note that when replaying a scene, you can try out different selection alternatives to see the alternative content. It won't make any difference to the main story though.
There is a shower scene kara and rachel but when i click shower it look like have some dialogue, but the dialogue just appear for 0.1 second , after that when i click then both not scene. Maybe its a bug
I suspect this is just the placeholder scene which is a single image and piece of dialogue. Hence you have merely done a second click after selecting Kara / Rachel in the shower.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
cant wait to see how the relationship system works out! now maybe i can get Julia to give me a little extra treatment (if ya know what i mean! LOL) and Alice will stop being so cold and avoiding me all the time!

Cyberpunk20

Jul 8, 2020
I cant see any in main thread we dont need have walkthrough?
Some events can be "Bypassed", or missed. So a walkthrough could help people not miss these. But some users on previous pages believe explaining how to unlock "Engine Room A" or "Trading lessons F/G" is hand holding.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
It is needed but the Dev refuses to do any WT or even a Tutorial...
I played proluge parts it wanst bad i tried play after proluege but... It feels so random... Its like blind run. I found some scenes but i dont even know how to make parts in planets etc. Its compliacated...

Reactions: juan palote

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I played proluge parts it wanst bad i tried play after proluege but... It feels so random... Its like blind run. I found some scenes but i dont even know how to make parts in planets etc. Its compliacated...
Even the most basic sandbox games explains the interface and everything you need to play.

The game is just lacking on that aspect, a tiny example is, to trade you have to go to a specific place in your ship, at a specific time of the day, which isnt marked or explained anywhere.

Why? Because the Dev enjoys in making his game obscure, kind of like a discovery, which is a terrible way to design games, but its his game, his choice, and there isnt much we can do about it.

I tried.

Every now and then i come back to see if the Dev has seen reason, but apparently it hasnt happened

Reactions: RandyPhoenix

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
Why? Because the Dev enjoys in making his game obscure, kind of like a discovery, which is a terrible way to design games, but its his game, his choice, and there isnt much we can do about it.
C'mon, this isn't rocket science. A lot of players were able to play it without problems with the ingame help. Don't blame the Dev for your lack of ability to understand the game, the mechanism is very simple and there's no way to get stuck.

You have 8 posts whining about the same thing, and the Dev himself gave you a clear explanation, I'm starting to think you're trolling.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
C'mon, this isn't rocket science. A lot of players were able to play it without problems with the ingame help. Don't blame the Dev for your lack of ability to understand the game, the mechanism is very simple and there's no way to get stuck.

You have 8 posts whining about the same thing, and the Dev himself gave you a clear explanation, I'm starting to think you're trolling.
Being able to play it doesnt mean anything.

Yes, of course eventually you figure it out, like you said this isnt rocket science, but you shouldnt need to figure it out, that is why games have Tutorials and Walkthroughs.

You are probably too young, but games used to come with Manuals of hundreds of pages, explaining every single thing you could do on them.

This evolved in Tutorials.

Refusing to provide any kind of tutorial is a mistake.

And yes, i whine a lot about this, because its a stupid decision made by the Dev, and as a fan of games like Privateer, Freelancer or Starpoint and after getting engaged by the great Prologue and the very nice story, i wanted to like this game, untill i had to face the game itself.

Sure, i eventually realized that gold stars were main story quest, diamond stars repeatable events, silver stars character progression events, etc, and even after i figured that out i missed quests.

And dont even try to justify a quest log that only has Quest A, B, C, etc without any descriptions on it....

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
Refusing to provide any kind of tutorial is a mistake.
The tutorial is ingame and isn't to hard to understand, just need a little read comprehension.

And how you're bashing the Dev, yes, seems you're trolling, no need to be disrespectful to make a point.

Go play a game that you have to click on one after another to get to the end, maybe you don't need a tutorial for that (I can be mistaken)

Reactions: erkper
4.20 star(s) 118 Votes