DF37985

Aug 13, 2019
There are actually in game hints on trading. Check the sector information on the computer in the Captains room. Trading well early requires you to pay attention, however gets easier as you progress the story.
Isn't it normally: buy their offerd export goods and sell them their needed import goods?
I'm on Pleiades with 4969 credits, their export is agricultural goods, their import is manufactured goods.
So I bought 80 grain (1857 CR left).
Then head to orion (main import agricultural), sell them my inventory and got 4809 CR.

So I lost 160 CR by selling them their needed product. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Btw, titanium/beryllium aren't minerals, these are elements. Beryl or Ilmenite would be the most common related minerals to these elemtents.

Reactions: juan palote

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
This game desperately needs a walkthrough.

I have no clue what to fucking do after the Prologue. Yes, i clicked on one gold star "quest" and now i am doing silver star quests and navigating without sense to different planets and stations without any clue what to do and how to advance the story.

The quest tracker is one of the worst i have ever seen, there are no hints on the quest, for example, Main Story B doesnt tell me anything, its the same thing as if it wasnt there.

No one gives you any clue about what to do next.

Anyway, the game needs a walkthrough or a complete revamp of the hint system

Reactions: JujuFruit

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Isn't it normally: buy their offerd export goods and sell them their needed import goods?
I'm on Pleiades with 4969 credits, their export is agricultural goods, their import is manufactured goods.
Then head to orion (main import agricultural), sell them my inventory and got 4809 CR.

So I lost 160 CR by selling them their needed product. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Btw, titanium/beryllium aren't minerals, these are elements. Beryl or Ilmenite would be the most common related minerals to these elemtents.
The prices fluctuate over time, hence whilst the imports / exports provide a guide, often you have to select which one of these two will be the most beneficial. If you progress the main story line it will get easier, as you get assistance from a crew member that makes the whole process way easier and also more profitable. Note that you would have made a profit if Marvin Corp hadn't gouged you so hard on the handling fees. Note that you will eventually open up other ways of earning credits via salvage / main story line and side missions. These credits will be put to good use in v0.50.

In terms of elements vs minerals, I am quite aware of the difference. I believe that minerals however provides a greater indication than elements as far as exports however, despite them trading in the refined form. After all if you are selling elements, Hydrogen is the most commonly available.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

Yeah, it makes no sense that you lose credits from buying agricultural goods from where they are produced and tansport them from where they are needed

Reactions: egon1337

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
This game desperately needs a walkthrough.

I have no clue what to fucking do after the Prologue. Yes, i clicked on one gold star "quest" and now i am doing silver star quests and navigating without sense to different planets and stations without any clue what to do and how to advance the story.

The quest tracker is one of the worst i have ever seen, there are no hints on the quest, for example, Main Story B doesnt tell me anything, its the same thing as if it wasnt there.

No one gives you any clue about what to do next.

Anyway, the game needs a walkthrough or a complete revamp of the hint system
There was actually a different hint system within the game, that was replaced with the star system in the map screen, based upon user feedback. The initial quest line is based around Tiffany, hence if you follow her around a little, you will soon make progress. The games goal however is not to rush through it as fast as you possibly can. Have a bit of a go at the trading at the other elements that are available. Admittedly the main story line is a little clunky as first, however improves as you go along.

Note that the quest tracker / replay is not intended as a hint interface at all. It has recently been added to allow people to determine what they have already covered and how much is left.

Reactions: Red469

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
There was actually a different hint system within the game, that was replaced with the star system in the map screen, based upon user feedback. The initial quest line is based around Tiffany, hence if you follow her around a little, you will soon make progress. The games goal however is not to rush through it as fast as you possibly can. Have a bit of a go at the trading at the other elements that are available. Admittedly the main story line is a little clunky as first, however improves as you go along.

Note that the quest tracker / replay is not intended as a hint interface at all. It has recently been added to allow people to determine what they have already covered and how much is left.
The star system is flawed.

You need some hint system, something that tells you "you have to go to X place", or "You have to improve relationship with X character" or "You have to wait some days"

For a new player, after you leave the prologue, you are in complete ignorance about what the fuck you should be doing and there is nothing to help you.

The trading system is a bad one, you have no way to tell if the prices are good or not, because you are new to the game and nothing helps you, no to mention nothing in the game tells you how to trade, i found the little guy in the cargo hold almost by accident.

No tutorial, no hint system, just a few random stars with colours that nothing in the game tells you what's the meaning of such colours, etc, etc.

If very unfriendly for new players

iroll1s

Jun 14, 2019
Yeah, it makes no sense that you lose credits from buying agricultural goods from where they are produced and tansport them from where they are needed
It would be nice to get some minor market trend indication in the early stages of the game. Especially if you are used to trading in rather minor margins, the Marvins' price gouging will sometimes leave you with next to nothing.
Until Tiffany takes over the negotiations, you are therefore sometimes reduced to basically ferrying around junk and begging for scraps.
Kinda reminds me of Freelancer, where one started off collecting water and other spacedebris to ship it to some station one jumpgate away, culminating in travel routes which spanned 20+ systems and three mayor factions: all for a hold full of diamonds.

Man im bad with names but dark blue has a bad case of Resting Bitch Face.
That's Rachel's GF Alice (I think?): She's got that whole attitude goin' on about men and seems quite possessive of her partner. No worries, there is a backstory to her being grumpy and I can't imagine her staying that way for very long. Either that, or she and the android kill everbody in their sleep when Rachel finally goes down on Kara.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
That's Rachel's GF Alice (I think?): She's got that whole attitude goin' on about men and seems quite possessive of her partner. No worries, there is a backstory to her being grumpy and I can't imagine her staying that way for very long. Either that, or she and the android kill everbody in their sleep when Rachel finally goes down on Kara.
No it's not Alice. I said dark blue, not light blue.
I think it's Tiffany. Story wise it's the earth fleet commanders daughter that you get caught fucking.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Man im bad with names but dark blue has a bad case of Resting Bitch Face.
That would be Tiffany. She has a RBF, because she isn't exactly impressed at that value in the relationship wheel. The character expressions and background colours change when their relationship value changes.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I clicked on every Gold star and have 3 quests as "bypassed".

The game quest system needs a big improvement, its unfair to miss content for no reason

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I clicked on every Gold star and have 3 quests as "bypassed".

The game quest system needs a big improvement, its unfair to miss content for no reason
There are some quests in the initial portion that may be bypassed and are no longer available. If you have finished the first main quest chain, it should be pretty obvious why.

If you do not have any desire to explore the content in the ship and prefer to fast track the game you are going to miss content. As soon as you create a step-by-step play through, you turn a game with freedom and choices into a kinetic novel. The intent of the game is to allow the player to decide what they want to do and when to do it. The map hint system provides an interface such that it is pretty much impossible to get stuck at any point in the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

iroll1s

Jun 14, 2019
Apologies all around.
Tiffany's evil stare seems to have activated my automatic defense fields, which protect the bridge from incoming enemy fire.

Please stand down from condition yellow and return to your usual duties. :)
(I really did not notice her.)

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
There are some quests in the initial portion that may be bypassed and are no longer available. If you have finished the first main quest chain, it should be pretty obvious why.

If you do not have any desire to explore the content in the ship and prefer to fast track the game you are going to miss content. As soon as you create a step-by-step play through, you turn a game with freedom and choices into a kinetic novel. The intent of the game is to allow the player to decide what they want to do and when to do it. The map hint system provides an interface such that it is pretty much impossible to get stuck at any point in the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I clicked on every silver star from Tiffany and every gold star, and still got quest bypassed

The bypassed quests are F and G.

I also have bypassed Engine Room quest A for some reason, dont even know why.

You might not like a step by step play through, but you should give the option, because some of us dont want to miss content just because the game is poorly designed. Why is it bad that the ones that want to play without a step by step can, and those that want a step by step, also has it?

The map hint system sucks, many times i had places in the map that had stars but when i went there there was no event, and the girls just6 told me things like they already finished breakfast, or asked me if i needed anything, and such.

The current system is flawed, and without hint walkthrough or tutorial, the game is very unfriendly.

This is the feedback form a new player, and cruising through the thread i am not the only one having this issues, you should listen to feedback

Last edited:
Reactions: Professor Black

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I clicked on every silver star from Tiffany and every gold star, and still got quest bypassed

The bypassed quests are F and G.

I also have bypassed Engine Room quest A for some reason, dont even know why.

You might not like a step by step play through, but you should give the option, because some of us dont want to miss content just because the game is poorly designed. Why is it bad that the ones that want to play without a step by step can, and those that want a step by step, also has it?

The map hint system sucks, many times i had places in the map that had stars but when i went there there was no event, and the girls just6 told me things like they already finished breakfast, or asked me if i needed anything, and such.

The current system is flawed, and without hint walkthrough or tutorial, the game is very unfriendly.

This is the feedback form a new player, and cruising through the thread i am not the only one having this issues, you should listen to feedback
I do actively listen to players as evident earlier in this thread. Your comments about 1F and engine A have already been addressed as per this post - https://f95zone.to/threads/callisto-v0-41-xavster.34378/post-3770429.

The game by design in not like most of the games on this site. Whilst there are quest chains that are linear in nature, it is not a simple VN. There is not intended to be a true right or wrong way to play the game. Most of the games here are a simple branching VN's, where most of the branches are simple non-critical ones that may change a check variable. These type of games lend themselves to a walk though.

With each version there will be bugs due to the increased complexity of the game, when these are identified, I will do my best to resolve. To give you an idea the current map and hint system is 1600 lines of code. If you can identify errors in game, I will do my best to resolve. To pinpoint these however I really need to know the day of the week / time / room.

The current 'quests' you are concerned about missing that may be bypassed, are only very minor crew interactions consisting of a few frames and lines of dialogue. To give perspective, the side mission is 190 images, F = 12 images, G = 4 images, Engine A = 6 images. The code in my version has already been adjusted such that you can't miss F and unlikely to miss engine A.

Reactions: Ghostly

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
That would be Tiffany. She has a RBF, because she isn't exactly impressed at that value in the relationship wheel. The character expressions and background colours change when their relationship value changes.
Color me impressed then as that's a neat feature.

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
Well then...someone seems to be having a field day stomping his feet and pouting regardless if the dev had pointed something out to them several times. Continuing with the same argument isn't having the desired effect. Xavster does take feedback from the end user. Whether he listens to someone rant for entire pages of discussion is another thing.

Reactions: professorx10

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
Another great game spoiled by a stupid sandbox platform. If you've ever played Cure my Addiction you would understand my pain. I don't want to be negative or criticize but reading through the comments here sure as hell doesn't inspire any confidence. Thank God for Perverteer's game though. At least I won't miss any content.
Wait, so you haven't even tried the game, yet you feel equipped to critique it? Ok..sure you may not like sandbox, but at least give it a try before you unleash your cynicism at it. That sounds like a fair shake.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I do actively listen to players as evident earlier in this thread. Your comments about 1F and engine A have already been addressed as per this post - https://f95zone.to/threads/callisto-v0-41-xavster.34378/post-3770429.

The game by design in not like most of the games on this site. Whilst there are quest chains that are linear in nature, it is not a simple VN. There is not intended to be a true right or wrong way to play the game. Most of the games here are a simple branching VN's, where most of the branches are simple non-critical ones that may change a check variable. These type of games lend themselves to a walk though.

With each version there will be bugs due to the increased complexity of the game, when these are identified, I will do my best to resolve. To give you an idea the current map and hint system is 1600 lines of code. If you can identify errors in game, I will do my best to resolve. To pinpoint these however I really need to know the day of the week / time / room.

The current 'quests' you are concerned about missing that may be bypassed, are only very minor crew interactions consisting of a few frames and lines of dialogue. To give perspective, the side mission is 190 images, F = 12 images, G = 4 images, Engine A = 6 images. The code in my version has already been adjusted such that you can't miss F and unlikely to miss engine A.
Your gameplay is awfull, this isnt about being a VN novel or not, this is about you game lacking a tutorial, your "mission list" using SECUENTIAL non-descriptive names like A,B,C,D,etc, which is a bad design practice (you should buy a book about development design practices, it would do you a favor), about your "star hint system"being bugged, which leads to having to rollback or miss scenes, etc.

I am done with this game, because the gameplay is very likely the worst gameplay i have seen in years, and i am pretty sure you are bleeding players left and right because of that.

So dont worry, do as you please, maybe in the future, as you learn about game design, the game becomes playable for me.

And this game can have and need a walkthrough without problem, there are plenty of walkthroughs for sandbox games, so stop insisting on the VN crap argument. Untill you create a semi decent hint/quest log system, its imperative to give the players some clue about what the fuck is happening in the game.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes