Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Luckily it clicked in my brain that you meant a little tutorial about the prologue. I would be very disappointed if you caved in and made a tutorial for the game. :devilish:
It will be a quick tutorial to familiarise people with the interface. Just a few screens showing the location and purpose of certain buttons. Those that are willing to do some investigation find the game quite intuitive, however some are getting stuck because they lack the investigative spirit.

It will only be at the start of the game, hence if you have already started the game you won't ever see it outside starting over again.

Reactions: erkper

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Great stars of Jupiter!!!
View attachment 769691

She is fenomenal! perky, tight, trim, sleuth wench ready to dominate the wind pipes of all suitors.
Make her mouth fetish arrogant, skilled mollester of throats and sweet massager of senses!
Thanks for the suggestions. In terms of feedback I was more interested in quirks, motives, attributes of android rather than positions of the Karmasutra. Besides isn't Kara going to be the Queen of the amazon position? :p

Jul 28, 2019
I am currently a little undecided about what to do with Sam. Once concept I have been toying with is the progression of her programming to acquire more human attributes. This includes a desire to fit in and feel part of the crew. This could eventually see her android body getting upgraded with assistance from Julia and Lia. For reference she looks like the following in her 'human' form. Interested in feedback about what the community would like to see done with the character.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No complaints if Sam ends up looking like that. :cool:

On the other hand I would prefer her character (as opposed to body) to remain xeno (foreign, strange). So take Data (next gen) and remove the overwhelming desire to become human while retaining the quirky non-understanding of humanity - instead the physical transformation allows her to 'pass' as human in order to help her try to figure out what makes the rest of the crew tick.

She's a malfunctioned ex-military bot (if I remember correctly). In my version the backstory is that she developed nascent self-awareness and started to question her role as a soldier-bot and the things she was ordered to do, leading to a (incomplete) wipe of her program (maybe, additionally, she did something quite horrific?). Back in the present she continues to try to figure out who/what she is or should be, perhaps with a bit of trauma thrown in. So her relation to the world is an intellectual/philosophical quest of self-understanding lacking a truly human context.

As a story device this allows for humour and reflection - sheltered but unprejudiced young boy Sam discovers lesbians exist, where babies come from, etc. It also allows for differing/conflicting views amongst the rest of the crew about sexbots and ai rights.

My two cents.

Reactions: Xavster

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Ok ... let us see and give a go:

quirks ... she hushes in a distinct playful way to make a point.

motives ... being all alone and realizing becoming a ship AI or some other behemoth
would just mean becoming a soulless mean meat grinder like:
the Umbrella AI monster or the cube killer from A.I. with will smith.
Watching those movies and seing all them machines,
becoming heart broken on the horrid fate of machines:
either psicho killer or mollester of all organics, misfits, outcasts, cannibals...

She swore she would seldom trust the man for guidance, but enjoy him for companion.

attributes ... reads a lot of self motivational and dyscovery memes/e-books
harnesses skills in first aid for humanoid synths and organics
amasses techniques to stay inquisitive and helpful to further her cause:

........ reASON TO LIVE COMING UP .. STAY TUNED:::

Be there WHEN THE UNIVERSE ENDS,
THAT MEANS SHE MADE IT WORTH LIVING IN IT!

I was more interested in quirks, motives, attributes of android

Assassini

Oct 17, 2018
No you haven't missed anything as the prologue was effectively version 0.1 which was a kinetic novel. From 0.2 onward it is more of a sandbox game with visual novel portions. I would note that once you make it into the sandbox portion (turn off computer), it is advisable to use the map interface accessed by pressing the map icon in the top toolbar. The map interface includes fast travel and also the hint system.

PS: I will include a little tutorial in v0.50, which should eliminate any confusion at the start of the game.
Right that does clear it up. I did assume as much, but just thought it was a bit odd that the prologue seemed to be so separate from the main game.

Like, instead of having that introduction bit where it says "it's been a crazy few days but here we are" (paraphrasing) why not just have the prologue always the first thing you see? And if you are intending to add replay value (although currently that doesn't seem to be the case?) just have the option of skipping it?

I've also spent the last few hours making my way through the existing content and honestly I'm impressed. I like the variation, the characters, the setting. It gives me Subverse/Mass Effect vibes which I'm a big fan of. Plus the obvious homage to Firefly (which again I like).

Only thing disappointing me currently is the limited sexual stuff outside of with Tanya and Lia, hopefully that's just because of all the stuff I've seen about focusing on the framework first (which I definitely approve of).

Got another couple of questions now though:

1. I've had the option of "Side Mission 1" open since about half-way through or whatever, but I've absolutely no idea how to access it. I THINK I saw a comment somewhere saying it was to do with the bar on Beehive, but also that this currently wasn't available. What's the deal here?

2. Also seeing a couple of the mini objectives which are available but I have NO idea how to trigger. Specifically the "Shower" one which doesn't seem to pertain to any specific character.

EDIT: Also can I add another quick criticism/area for improvement:

I'd rather like it if it was clearer when events are available or not. Particularly having the gold star seemingly follow Tiffany around, even after most of the content is finished, is a bit frustrating.

Last edited:

Dec 20, 2019
Here are all the suggestions:
Here are more suggestions:
I am speechless.... :BootyTime:
In terms of feedback I was more interested in quirks, motives, attributes of android rather than positions of the Karmasutra.
Since Lia's power is ancient, maybe her power can influence Sam by making her sentient? That would start "the questioning about life" storyline.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Interested in feedback about what the community would like to see done with the character.
If possible i'd like to see Sam refrain from the existenial meaning of life/what is living tropes that most androids fall into.
I don't mind if you want to have her slowly understand humans/other alien races akin to Data from Star Trek and not understanding all the illogical things we do though. It's small but the slight distinction being that instead of wanting to be part of the world she just struggles to understand the world and content for the most part being in her own shell.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Only thing disappointing me currently is the limited sexual stuff outside of with Tanya and Lia, hopefully that's just because of all the stuff I've seen about focusing on the framework first (which I definitely approve of).
This will change in the next version with a significant addition of lewd content. This will be integrated with the new relationship system.

1. I've had the option of "Side Mission 1" open since about half-way through or whatever, but I've absolutely no idea how to access it. I THINK I saw a comment somewhere saying it was to do with the bar on Beehive, but also that this currently wasn't available. What's the deal here?
Just need to travel to Beehive Station. You may have already completed this quest (Victorian - organ trading), as there is a bug in the quest tracker. You can fix this bug by replacing the quest.rpyc in the game folder with the one as linked below.

2. Also seeing a couple of the mini objectives which are available but I have NO idea how to trigger. Specifically the "Shower" one which doesn't seem to pertain to any specific character.
The shower scene relates to Kara / Rachel and it is a matter of turning up at the right time and also the game days being sufficiently advanced (think it is 15 days in 0.40 - already reduced in working version). Also note that some of the miscellaneous events need certain things in the main story line to occur, before they are available. They will turn green when they are available to do.

I'd rather like it if it was clearer when events are available or not. Particularly having the gold star seemingly follow Tiffany around, even after most of the content is finished, is a bit frustrating.
There is a bug in the quest identification system that may be resolved by replacing the location.rpyc file in the game folder as linked below.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
In terms of feedback about Sam, if I elect to significantly develop the character it won't actually get much attention prior to 0.60, so there plenty of times to kick around ideas. In v0.50 there will be a couple of scenes where she will observing various ship events and doing things that are a little out the norm.

As far as her look, the skin texture that was used in the image above is a little less realistic than the ones used for other characters (no veins / skin blemishes). I could retain a more android look whilst changing the skin by retaining the glowing eyes. Additionally I could have the current outlines of her android body glow through the skin (perhaps when she gets excited?).

As far as Sam ending up as another 'conquest', I think it would only be worthwhile if it generated significant sources of humour or additional insight into other characters. Perhaps Tiffany could have a reaction like "You want to do what with a toaster?".

As a bit of a test render of a slightly different look please see below. I could also tweak the skin to have depressions around the previous joints in the suit by modifying the bump map.
sam emi.jpg

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Since we're talking about Sam, (who's human form is HOT) I find her transition to 'android' a good one. Having her a 'Military Vet' robot before Alice gave her a neuronet upgrade, giving her some 'sensuality' makes for a very interesting character possibilities. She is like a second Kara in disguise...but quirks?...why was she discarded? ...what does Alice's desire for 'dark mysterious--evil men' do for her later? maybe skip the 'I wanna be human' trope and go for 'I love being different...cause I'm better' angle.

Yes, I've been wondering what direction Sam could take, "Cap, Sam is staring at us" (with a curious look on her face.) Heck, maybe she's a virgin. . .soldier. . .who doesn't like superior officers...but has a thing for 'toys'... so many possibilities. who would she like? (I think she connected with Lia) who would she hate (funny if it was Alice! Hmmm) Ok Ok, rambling thoughts mode <off>
OH...flash..I'm playing another game that has an android who gets a human 'makeover', "Milky Ways" by Kerni. I found it ...er...her...quite a bit more appealing as a human...especially with violet eyes! you might check it out. our i'll upload a screen shot if you want.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
In terms of feedback about Sam, if I elect to significantly develop the character it won't actually get much attention prior to 0.60, so there plenty of times to kick around ideas. In v0.50 there will be a couple of scenes where she will observing various ship events and doing things that are a little out the norm.

As far as her look, the skin texture that was used in the image above is a little less realistic than the ones used for other characters (no veins / skin blemishes). I could retain a more android look whilst changing the skin by retaining the glowing eyes. Additionally I could have the current outlines of her android body glow through the skin (perhaps when she gets excited?).

As far as Sam ending up as another 'conquest', I think it would only be worthwhile if it generated significant sources of humour or additional insight into other characters. Perhaps Tiffany could have a reaction like "You want to do what with a toaster?".

As a bit of a test render of a slightly different look please see below. I could also tweak the skin to have depressions around the previous joints in the suit by modifying the bump map.
View attachment 770371
IMHO, KEEP the VIOLET EYES..... Dump the Violet grid lines.

I hope my character ramblings sparked some thought...?

Star Dude

Jan 13, 2019
Now what if the ship got a virus and Sam and the MC had to go into a virtual world to find and remove it, then in that virtual world she chose to look human.... Or maybe Sam gets infected and the MC had to plug in and go through her AI and kill the virus but has to interact with different personalities/versions of Sam to bring them back together and naturally some of those personalities really wants to explore the human experience of sex and lust etc, etc. Lots of variations here to get the MC to "interact" with Sam in a virtual world so she can look however you (or the player) wants.

Gamer_01

Dec 16, 2019
Yeah... Not too keen on the purple. A deep blue or red with black hair and it will probably be pretty cool. And, just a thought but maybe splitting the difference between the current skin color in the preview and a more natural Caucasian just might result in perfection. Ok... Maybe as close as anyone could get to it at least. But maybe that's just me.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
In terms of feedback about Sam
-snip-
Having some time to reflect on Sam more as a character some other themes that could be relevant

Is she a tool, military dog, just how obidient is she ?
Since you brought up being a "toaster" this could actually be some form of character developement. Is she any less human because she's got non-organic parts etc. How does this manifest not only in society but amongst the crew.

Does she resonate with other technology / synthetics of any variety ? How does she see Alice for example.

I've already mentioned logic vs emotions as some story points.
I think one of the bigger things to address is since she's part of the crew finding a working job for her so to speak. I know she's a maid at first but does she have any of her own aspirations or goals ?

Dec 20, 2019
Now what if the ship got a virus and Sam and the MC had to go into a virtual world to find and remove it, then in that virtual world she chose to look human.... Or maybe Sam gets infected and the MC had to plug in and go through her AI and kill the virus but has to interact with different personalities/versions of Sam to bring them back together and naturally some of those personalities really wants to explore the human experience of sex and lust etc, etc. Lots of variations here to get the MC to "interact" with Sam in a virtual world so she can look however you (or the player) wants.
Oh boy, as long as this doesn't turn into a spacecorpxxx thing :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ShaddyGames

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Sam currently has a few aspects currently fighting against each other for control over her actions:
- Her original military programming.
- Reprogramming with maid duties.
- Overlay of a portion of Alice's neural net to facilitate learning.

This has already played out once with unfortunate results. There are many options that could be explored.
- Development of her human side. Change of look / roles / interests / attempts to fit in.
- Incompatibility between the nature and machine. Malfunctions that would provide a commentary on humanity.
- Human side resulting in depression / loneliness upon realisation that she will always be different. Would potentially be a bit depressing and would also in some ways overlap with one of the characters development.

For the purposes of the story, the first item is likely to provide more opportunities in this style of game. With the development, I am keen for Sam to provide additional insight into Alice's character. Currently moving forwards there are characters that are somewhat paired up for the purposes of interplay between them. Lia / Tanya, Kara / Rachel, Tiffany / Julia and I could utilise Alice / Sam in a similar way. When you consider the Alice character she has in many ways become less human, cutting herself off from others. This is reflected in her attitude towards others (mainly self-protection mechanism) and also the change in her looks. Sam could act as a mirror to this and the two of them could make a transition back into becoming more human. As the player you could assist them with this transition or alternatively decide that they are better off as they are.

As far as the overall look of the character in 'human' form it is fairly easy to tweak. Gamer_01 this is what Sam would look like following your recommendation. The colour scheme is also starting to mirror Alice, which in itself is interesting.
sam emi2.jpg

Oh boy, as long as this doesn't turn into a spacecorpxxx thing :ROFLMAO:
No, it's not going to turn into that. Hadn't really noticed the game before you mentioned it.

Jul 28, 2019
Yay, more Sam.

Yes for additional 'creepy' voyeurism. Longer term I wonder if after trying out various sexual activities and finding them not all that satisfying she slowly comes to awareness that exhibitionism really turns her on (it validates her 'personality').

Very happy to hear that there will be at least 'some' more of her. :love:

Edit: crossposting - I really liked the purple hair

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Sam currently has a few aspects currently fighting against each other for control over her actions:
- Her original military programming.
- Reprogramming with maid duties.
- Overlay of a portion of Alice's neural net to facilitate learning.

For the purposes of the story, the first item is likely to provide more opportunities in this style of game. With the development, I am keen for Sam to provide additional insight into Alice's character. ...and I could utilise Alice / Sam in a similar way.
I like that too! on SAM and Alice's interplay... you could have SAM reflect what Alice WAS before her 'downfall' (?) OR have her 'military programming' FIGHT with Alice's current attitude towards others...revealing Alice is basically insecure and needs to 'come out of her shell' (allowing for MC interplay?) For the sake of the story, I don't see the Maid programming being a good source of possibilities, I'd make her proud of doing her maid duties 'by the numbers, military fashion' and go on to other things.

[/QUOTE]
When you consider the Alice character she has in many ways become less human, cutting herself off from others. This is reflected in her attitude towards others (mainly self-protection mechanism) and also the change in her looks. Sam could act as a mirror to this and the two of them could make a transition back into becoming more human. As the player you could assist them with this transition or alternatively decide that they are better off as they are.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, AND honestly, I think her tattoo patterns are intentionally unattractive, like she's tried to push people off. Maybe a plot point would be for her to change those as well (with SAM's help?) and become 'more human' and find a new relationship (with MC or SAM)
As it is now, Alice is the least 'hot' girl in the group and least likeable BUT, she's competent and efficient.

I think SAM's latest rendering is "RIGHT ON!"

And, after this coming update, I'm looking forward to more interstellar Adventure! Bad Guys! Narrow escapes! Saving Girls from Evil Clutches of Monsters...and defiled by MC!

This game is just FUN! IMHO

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes