May 5, 2018
With the current game it is not possible to complete all side quests in a single play through. This has been tweaked slightly in my development version such that it is now possible. Completing every single quest is not however necessary to enjoy the game as most of the quests that can be bypassed are fairly short in nature. Forcing someone to complete all quests to progress actually makes the game restrictive, which is well away from the game design intent.
I don't know exactly what you mean by your development version, but I hope it means your next update. And ya nah, I think allowing someone to progress through the game without being forced to complete all quests is cool, but what's even cooler is also being allowed to not miss any content - that is not ending or character specific - in a single run. Perhaps you can say I have minor OCD but I'd hate to put hours into a game that only allows me to reach 99% completion.

But to you as dev, Cool game. Thanks for the reply.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
While developing a strip club is fun, I hope it does not impede the overall story progression ;)
The next version will have a lesser focus on the main story line due to the other aspects that are being developed. In terms of the timeline for the story, this is a period where there are no massive developments across the Callisto universe. I will however be including at least one backstory and will also have a couple of scenes related to events on Dione. Following on from this version, I am not planning on implementing any additional game mechanics and will only supplement existing ones where the workload is relatively light and there is a tangible benefit. Hence the main story will dominate the development from that point onward.

I don't know exactly what you mean by your development version, but I hope it means your next update. And ya nah, I think allowing someone to progress through the game without being forced to complete all quests is cool, but what's even cooler is also being allowed to not miss any content - that is not ending or character specific - in a single run. Perhaps you can say I have minor OCD but I'd hate to put hours into a game that only allows me to reach 99% completion.

But to you as dev, Cool game. Thanks for the reply.
To clarify, the development version is the live game I am working on. I code and test items throughout the development cycle. For example I have already implemented and tested the relationship system I posted earlier in this thread. In terms of your specific query, I have changed the logic to have all events required to be triggered prior to the jump to the next phase of the main story. This makes sense now as the hint system makes it trivial to find all of these events. A couple of the minor events are also able to be triggered earlier. Note there is still a facility in the code where the game will jump to the next phase after a certain amount of time. Think of it like the Captain sticking his head in the sand - things still go on around him even if he isn't paying attention.

In relation to my comments earlier about Kara's human outfit in this thread, I thought I would post a quick teaser relating to what is planned for her in a later episode.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dec 20, 2019
The next version will have a lesser focus on the main story line due to the other aspects that are being developed. In terms of the timeline for the story, this is a period where there are no massive developments across the Callisto universe. I will however be including at least one backstory and will also have a couple of scenes related to events on Dione. Following on from this version, I am not planning on implementing any additional game mechanics and will only supplement existing ones where the workload is relatively light and there is a tangible benefit. Hence the main story will dominate the development from that point onward.

To clarify, the development version is the live game I am working on. I code and test items throughout the development cycle. For example I have already implemented and tested the relationship system I posted earlier in this thread. In terms of your specific query, I have changed the logic to have all events required to be triggered prior to the jump to the next phase of the main story. This makes sense now as the hint system makes it trivial to find all of these events. A couple of the minor events are also able to be triggered earlier. Note there is still a facility in the code where the game will jump to the next phase after a certain amount of time. Think of it like the Captain sticking his head in the sand - things still go on around him even if he isn't paying attention.

In relation to my comments earlier about Kara's human outfit in this thread, I thought I would post a quick teaser relating to what is planned for her in a later episode.
It's great that you took the time to address our rantings. Great idea to focus on perfecting the mechanics first and not spread yourself too thin on all things. Be prepared for lots of whiners in the forum though :ROFLMAO:

Let's hope the relationship wheel adds diversity to and spices up the game play. The only things I'm dreading now is the fact that I cannot have a full harem anymore and I hope that despite the wheel's 3 main LIs, I can have both Lia and Kara since they are both on the inner relationship wheel next to each other.

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
It's great that you took the time to address our rantings. Great idea to focus on perfecting the mechanics first and not spread yourself too thin on all things. Be prepared for lots of whiners in the forum though :ROFLMAO:

Let's hope the relationship wheel adds diversity to and spices up the game play. The only things I'm dreading now is the fact that I cannot have a full harem anymore and I hope that despite the wheel's 3 main LIs, I can have both Lia and Kara since they are both on the inner relationship wheel next to each other.
The relationship wheel is dynamic, hence you can shift focus from one to the other (and back again) at any point in the game. It runs fairly independently from the main story line and is predominately related to miscellaneous interactions and lewd content. It is primarily intended as a check on crew interactions and lewd content. You should be able to go fairly close to maxing out with Lia / Kara simultaneously, although Tiffany is going to be a little murderous at that point in time. :devilish:

The game will eventually have a conclusion, where your current relationship with the crew member will be taken into account. This does not prevent you from saving at a point very late in the story, focusing on an alternative crew member with the side interactions and exploring their path. I'm not a fan of forcing people to start over to see the alternative endings. I'll see what I can do in late game design to accommodate the relationship wheel in the final scenes. Hence main branches with multiple subtle tweaks.

PS: The game is harem by design and no relationships will be closed off to the player prior to the concluding scenes. Harems are not always completely harmonious and the interplay between characters will hopefully be entertaining.

Dec 20, 2019
The relationship wheel is dynamic, hence you can shift focus from one to the other (and back again) at any point in the game. It runs fairly independently from the main story line and is predominately related to miscellaneous interactions and lewd content. It is primarily intended as a check on crew interactions and lewd content. You should be able to go fairly close to maxing out with Lia / Kara simultaneously, although Tiffany is going to be a little murderous at that point in time. :devilish:

The game will eventually have a conclusion, where your current relationship with the crew member will be taken into account. This does not prevent you from saving at a point very late in the story, focusing on an alternative crew member with the side interactions and exploring their path. I'm not a fan of forcing people to start over to see the alternative endings. I'll see what I can do in late game design to accommodate the relationship wheel in the final scenes. Hence main branches with multiple subtle tweaks.

PS: The game is harem by design and no relationships will be closed off to the player prior to the concluding scenes. Harems are not always completely harmonious and the interplay between characters will hopefully be entertaining.
Can't we all have a happy ending where everyone loves everyone like in Sisterly Lust? :devilish:

No, seriously, don't take me seriously.

I would rather have a murderous Tiffany then a murderous Kara or Lia. Think of the consequences!

erkper

May 16, 2018

Can't we all have a happy ending where everyone loves everyone like in Sisterly Lust? :devilish:

No, seriously, don't take me seriously.

I would rather have a murderous Tiffany then a murderous Kara or Lia. Think of the consequences!
I love that we WON'T have a WVM-style "everyone is perfectly content with getting 1/22 of the MC's dick" harem. Not that I don't enjoy WVM and not trying to call that game out, but this feels more satisfying, ESPECIALLY if you're going to work the harem so that we can customize it and pick/choose the "winners" so to speak.

As for the Tiffany/Kara/Lia conundrum... well we all know Kara can just plain kick MC's ass, but that almost pales in comparison to Lia's ability to incinerate a space cruiser. And if Tiffany chose to call in Admiral Mommy's fleet... I'd imagine that would put us out of business right quick. But I'd take that gamble ahead of risking the wrath of Kara or Lia in a heartbeat. Even if I didn't find those two way more appealing anyways. Which I do.

I am SO looking forward to this game's continuation.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018

As for the Tiffany/Kara/Lia conundrum... well we all know Kara can just plain kick MC's ass,
but that almost pales in comparison to Lia's ability to incinerate a space cruiser.
And if Tiffany chose to call in Admiral Mommy's fleet... I'd imagine that would put us out of business right quick. . . .

I am SO looking forward to this game's continuation.
And you're just talking about the girls abilities... Don't forget. . .
we've got a major evil arms dealer with underground contacts SEVERELY PISSED at us...
Not to mention the Underground guy we stole his strip club from...
AND a major antagonist in the leader of a very MILITANT SPECIES OF MUTANT KILLERS wants our heads on a platter...

And you're worried about a little female superwomen Cat fight ???

I AM SO SOO SOOO looking forward to this game's continuation!!

Dec 20, 2019
And you're just talking about the girls abilities... Don't forget. . .
we've got a major evil arms dealer with underground contacts SEVERELY PISSED at us...
Not to mention the Underground guy we stole his strip club from...
AND a major antagonist in the leader of a very MILITANT SPECIES OF MUTANT KILLERS wants our heads on a platter...

And you're worried about a little female superwomen Cat fight ???

I AM SO SOO SOOO looking forward to this game's continuation!!
What blasphemy is this?

Have you NOT witness beautiful Lia's RAW POWAH taking down a battlecruiser? Have you NOT see sexy Kara's battle prowess kick humanz and alienz asses?

How dare you compare them with a small potato who nearly pissed his pants mediating his breach of contract with the alien species of said battlecruiser?

All of them are just road side pebbles compared to our glorious crew members!

Yes I am also looking forward to the next update! MWAHAHAHA!

Edit: Alien not mutant. Also I'm more worried about what the girls can do to me than catfights.

Last edited:

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
And if Tiffany chose to call in Admiral Mommy's fleet... I'd imagine that would put us out of business right quick. But I'd take that gamble ahead of risking the wrath of Kara or Lia in a heartbeat.
Don't forget she's a marksman with a gun too, right in the plums I believe.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I like the sounds of the relationship wheel in terms of adding jeapordy/jealousy rather than the dull collect them all amicably approach. I do worry as i find all the inner wheel characters far more appealing than the outer ones currently.

Dec 20, 2019
I like the sounds of the relationship wheel in terms of adding jeapordy/jealousy rather than the dull collect them all amicably approach. I do worry as i find all the inner wheel characters far more appealing than the outer ones currently.
I'm not sure which is the more correct interpretation of the wheels, the inner wheel as your main LIs and the outer one side bitches, just like the Chinese emperor and his harem of wives and concubines, OR they are all LIs and influences one another.

I find that they are accurately represented just how Xavster planned them to be, the ones adjacent to each other are the ones that they interacted with mostly so far.

But your are right in the sense that the outer ones gave me the impression that they are not really true LIs, because they never really showed interest in the MC, with the exception of Tanya.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
xsssssssss and AvatarStormBringer to clarify the relationship wheel a little. The inner wheel is indeed the main love interests in the planned story line for Callisto. This does not however prevent romantic relations with those on the outer wheel or other additional characters that crop up in the content. The mechanics for the wheel is that it reaches a balance between the various characters. The inner wheel is calculated separately such that under normal circumstances you will only be able to access all lewd content with one central character at any time. You will find that later in the game that you will be able to likely romance two of these central characters at the same time due to a tweak to the calculation.

The outer wheel is calculated a little differently, with half the index related to the central character they are associated with and the other half a balance with the outer characters. To explain this in reference to the below, Julia's rating is lower than Tanya's at the time this check was made. This is not because I have been playing less attention to Julia, but because she is predominately allied to Tiffany, to which I have been paying no attention to at all. What this means is that while romantic content is still available with Julia, the full range of content that may potentially include threesome with Julia and Tiffany is not available.

Love Wheel.jpg

At the start of the game the wheel with be set at certain starting values based upon the events during the prologue. After every single romantic interaction the wheel is recalculated based upon whom the interaction was undertaken and the nature of that interaction. A have designed a single label that undertakes this calculation that from my preliminary testing appears to be pretty stable. It's also very easy to implement in the code, as all of need to do is call this label from the code that includes the romantic interaction.

The positioning of the different sectors is quite deliberate and the outer characters are aligned to the inner ones as shown above. Additionally outer characters that are adjacent also share common interests. Interaction between Rachel and Alice being the most obvious one. Nothing is set in stone prior to the games completion, hence open to any contributions.

I will likely remove the listing of the actual indexes and replace with an information card about the crew member when it is selected on the wheel. Basic bio information plus a listing of all of the styles of lewd content and what is currently available / unlocked / remaining to be unlocked. Note that some of the content to be unlocked will depend upon progress of the main story.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Just completed the weekly update on Patreon and though I would extend the invite I made there to the members on this forum. Next week I am intending on getting stuck into the crew interactions related to the relationship wheel. As part of this I want to create at least one prank by Lia / Kara / Tiffany on each of the other 2 central characters. Pranks such as replacing the contents of the shampoo bottle and itching power in the clothes are potential options, however some with a more sci-fi orientated spin.

As another small treat to peak interest, a couple of test images from last week.

Dec 20, 2019
Just completed the weekly update on Patreon and though I would extend the invite I made there to the members on this forum. Next week I am intending on getting stuck into the crew interactions related to the relationship wheel. As part of this I want to create at least one prank by Lia / Kara / Tiffany on each of the other 2 central characters. Pranks such as replacing the contents of the shampoo bottle and itching power in the clothes are potential options, however some with a more sci-fi orientated spin.

As another small treat to peak interest, a couple of test images from last week.
That Tiffany image is making having second thoughts about not prioritizing her relationship. Damn you! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Xavster

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
its so nice to finally play a game with chicks that have normal tits and not these gigantic balloon boobs ive seen in far to many other games to count
Okay, this is really good so far ... already got 2 favorites (Rachel & Kara)
Beautiful girls, good writing. Nice start man.

Can't wait for the actual "game"-elements to come in next version.
Keep it up (y)
couldnt agree more smokin red heads :D

erkper

May 16, 2018
She's too foxy. I'm having the impression that MC cannot bed both her and Alice.
Alice just needs some loosening up. Treat her right and show her not ALL men are pigs. Rachel would be all in on a threesome with MC and Alice. Or a threesome with MC and Kara. Or Tanya. Or Lia. Or...

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes