moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Spanish translation updated / Traducción al español actualizada - v0.50

https://f95zone.to/threads/callisto-v0-50-xavster.34378/post-4399025

My 2 cents on the changes in the relationship system. I do like the idea of having the love values of the girls changing according to what you do with others, based on their own affinities. After all, managing an harem was never easy! But the regression in sexual acts feels a bit odd. I get that a low score means you have neglected her (and her friend) for too long so she's a bit reluctant, but at the same time it's her chance to prove you wrong after so much time, and also she'd have her own urges too. Maybe some girls should react differently to that situation, according to their characterization? It would feel quite odd to see this regression happening to Julia, whenever her scenes are ready. Anyway, I think the net result of this new feature is positive and adds to the game

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Relationship Wheel Implementation

There has been a range of feedback relating to the new relationship wheel implementation into the game. This system was introduced into the game to tailor the way in which the crew interacts with the MC, based upon recent events. The goal is to increase immersion by having the crew react in a more natural way.

During the course of the game there is a variable known as 'harmony' that indicates the relative happiness of the crew. This value may be increased by making certain decisions within game and by ensuring that the ship is profitable (total wages). This harmony controls the the sum on the love index of the main 3 love interests. Hence if you harmony score is 17, then you may have something like love_kar = 7, love_lia = 6, love_tif = 4. Every interaction in the game that affects the way a crew member looks at the MC, drives a recalculation of the relationship wheel. Hence in the case above, if you paid attention to Tiffany for a while, you will potentially shift the indexes to love_tif = 6, love_kar = 5.9, love_lia = 5.1.

This relationship wheel is designed to affect the following items:
- Triggering of various miscellaneous events, such as the pranks in v0.50.
- Customising the interactions between crew members and MC depended upon current love index. (to be implemented)
- Accessibility of the repeatable lewd content available to the MC at any given time.

Of the above, it is the third item that has cause the main point of contention. Should a player refrain from intimate relations from a crew member and focus on others, their love index will drop. This will see them no longer being able to access lewd content they had previously seen, until they improve their love index with that character. I propose the following three alternatives, as to how the relationship wheel will affect the repeatable lewd content in the game.

Current - Lewd content available depends upon current love index with crew member(s).
Unlock - Lewd content is unlocked by having a sufficiently high love index with that crew member. Once unlocked, the lewd content will always be available moving forwards.
Remove - Lewd content will not be affect by love index. It will be driven only by progress and decisions made in the main story.
I have raised a poll as above on Patreon, open to all categories of support. Decision on what happens with the lewd portion of the relationship wheel will be adjusted based upon the result of this poll.

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, fuck, I enjoy the fuck out of the fucking fucked game as is... for fuck's sake, it is not that fucking difficult to use the fucking console interface to figure out the fucking backstory and fucking game mechanics.

It is a fucking good VN with a fucking market economy and a fucking smoking-hot crew.

Thank you, Xavster, for a very fucking interesting and fucking interactive sci-fi VN.

Fucking innovative and fucking well done...

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I have raised a poll as above on Patreon, open to all categories of support. Decision on what happens with the lewd portion of the relationship wheel will be adjusted based upon the result of this poll.
If i may offer another approach.

Have the story be used to unlock greater relationship levels/sex scenes. Then have that be the floor for the character with each progressive point adding more to the scenes/interactions during non-story interactions. A good example of how you already did something similar was having Lia's sexual progress go through the main story with Intercourse only becoming available after Dionne's Liberation. This makes chasing the story the main drive which allows you to add more unique interactions in the side missions/nsfw triggers.

This might be complex to implement but i did take a look at the code for it and you do already have a trigger set for Lia if Dionne is done for the Harmony system, but the sex side of it ignores this.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yup .. got it ... wonderful end to a chatty evening ...
I do actually have something naughty planned for 0.5. ;)

PS: She will crop up in news broadcasts with each episode as well.
Done all them stars and both cosplay side missions ...
now stuck with Tiff stage 1 not engaging.

KAa and Rach kick me out cause they like talking about me
behind my back ... I still have not told Alice their ”sparring shenanigans”
and now I cannot even talk to them massaginf their glutes ”cause ... reasons ...

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
finished except club1, prolly cause after getting that royal thing i went and gave it to prince.

sdadag

Jan 29, 2018
How do you get all sex scenes with Kara? I only got to bodyshot and nothing more (no anal, oral, doggy)..

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019

Well, fuck, I enjoy the fuck out of the fucking fucked game as is... for fuck's sake, it is not that fucking difficult to use the fucking console interface to figure out the fucking backstory and fucking game mechanics.

It is a fucking good VN with a fucking market economy and a fucking smoking-hot crew.

Thank you, Xavster, for a very fucking interesting and fucking interactive sci-fi VN.

Fucking innovative and fucking well done...
I get that I say fuck a lot when I'm upset. But I get the feeling you didn't actually understand my issue with the game. I don't mind that you have to use the console to get the backstory. I think it's stupid, but I'd still be willing to get over it. My problem is that you are forced to watch that intro that spoils the back story without giving any context other than the MC fucked some girls....the end. As I said, I like to start a game fresh so I can at least learn the characters' names before I find out that they fucked and then cheated, I guess. Honestly I don't know because I've never gotten passed the intro. Try and just for a moment put yourself in the mindset of a person who is brand new to the game, then fire it up and start a new game and tell me if you really think the dev's approach is the best decision. All that I'm asking for is that the dev gives us the choice to play the game from the beginning or, if that isn't possible let us at least skip the spoiler intro and just start from the console screen so we don't have to watch the first parts of the game spoiled without giving any context about the story whatsoever. I don't think it's that much to ask. I also know the dev will never do it because he is convinced that he is right. I know this because I've already made this request way earlier in the thread and with much less cussing. I just forgot, because as I said, I tend to forget this game until I start it up and then I get pissed all over again.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
. . . As I said, I like to start a game fresh so I can at least learn the characters' names before I find out that they fucked and then cheated, I guess. Honestly I don't know because I've never gotten passed the intro. Try and just for a moment put yourself in the mindset of a person who is brand new to the game, then fire it up and start a new game and tell me if you really think the dev's approach is the best decision. All that I'm asking for is that the dev gives us the choice to play the game from the beginning or, if that isn't possible let us at least skip the spoiler intro and just start from the console screen so we don't have to watch the first parts of the game spoiled without giving any context about the story whatsoever. I don't think it's that much to ask. I also know the dev will never do it because he is convinced that he is right. I know this because I've already made this request way earlier in the thread and with much less cussing. I just forgot, because as I said, I tend to forget this game until I start it up and then I get pissed all over again.
Actually I've been thinking about what you said about the beginning. (no, I'm not the Dev, but...) I HAVE gone back and started the game from scratch, many times. I've watched this game grow from Ver 0.10 and where this game is going is fantastic, it is just not obvious to players at this stage. Callisto is not your typical 'slam-bam-em and get 'em preggo' type h-game so most do not understand it. AND I don't have your 'button' over the beginning sequence (which I think says more about you than the game,) HOWEVER, I do AGREE that the opening can be better and I'm currently trying to come up with ideas that would improve it. Not just getting rid of the sequence you hate but helping a first time player as well as a returning player 'get into it.'

So if you're sincere about wanting to make it better, what are your positive suggestions? I'm working on it and can pass them along to the Dev who is NOT a "convinced he is right" stubborn kind of guy IF I think they will work. Noting what's wrong is step 1, Suggestions are Step 2. so what would make you intrigued and interested in starting the game?

Understand, Callisto, is an INTERSTELLAR Adventure with WIDE RANGING INTERGALACTIC POLITICAL CONFLICT Potential where you, the player, are just the Captain of a small, harmless freighter (full of nubile women) who happen to be getting wrapped up in Cosmic events "far above your pay grade"! Its scope is far larger than it is now and its action is part Novel, part sandbox, part large rambling plot line with kinky and interesting side adventures where you never expect them. Getting new and returning players started IS important and I will be working on improving that (yes the flash sequence goes) SO WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS?

and Please, don't say "wake up in bed and yadda yadda yadda". Most of the "adult games' start like that now. How about something original for a change? Huh? Use your imagination.

Callisto is going to be a lot more than just another 'sci-fi Adult game' It is going to be Epic!

ProfessorX10 <OUT>

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I called the babe ... she said to come by her court in the future ... hopes are high ...
MC propositioned her right then and there ... but alas ...
finished except club1, prolly cause after getting that royal thing i went and gave it to prince.
But I read somewhere these are there, just not coded in .. ”cause ..reasons....
maybe not in yet.

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
Actually I've been thinking about what you said about the beginning. (no, I'm not the Dev, but...) I HAVE gone back and started the game from scratch, many times. I've watched this game grow from Ver 0.10 and where this game is going is fantastic, it is just not obvious to players at this stage. Callisto is not your typical 'slam-bam-em and get 'em preggo' type h-game so most do not understand it. AND I don't have your 'button' over the beginning sequence (which I think says more about you than the game,) HOWEVER, I do AGREE that the opening can be better and I'm currently trying to come up with ideas that would improve it. Not just getting rid of the sequence you hate but helping a first time player as well as a returning player 'get into it.'

So if you're sincere about wanting to make it better, what are your positive suggestions? I'm working on it and can pass them along to the Dev who is NOT a "convinced he is right" stubborn kind of guy IF I think they will work. Noting what's wrong is step 1, Suggestions are Step 2. so what would make you intrigued and interested in starting the game?

Understand, Callisto, is an INTERSTELLAR Adventure with WIDE RANGING INTERGALACTIC POLITICAL CONFLICT Potential where you, the player, are just the Captain of a small, harmless freighter (full of nubile women) who happen to be getting wrapped up in Cosmic events "far above your pay grade"! Its scope is far larger than it is now and its action is part Novel, part sandbox, part large rambling plot line with kinky and interesting side adventures where you never expect them. Getting new and returning players started IS important and I will be working on improving that (yes the flash sequence goes) SO WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS?

and Please, don't say "wake up in bed and yadda yadda yadda". Most of the "adult games' start like that now. How about something original for a change? Huh? Use your imagination.

Callisto is going to be a lot more than just another 'sci-fi Adult game' It is going to be Epic!

ProfessorX10 <OUT>
Okay I'm going to try and help out here. Even though insulting me, implied or implicit, is probably not the best way to ask for a friendly discussion in the future. I play a lot of video games and I read a lot of novels, so I know a bit about what makes a story good. I have no issues with a game having a slow burning plot. The way you describe the game sounds great.

My issue with the game has to do with how it starts. Let me give my thoughts and then feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
It's my understanding that the game started out as more of a kinetic novel in the beginning and this portion is now found in the console as sort of a flashback sequence that the player can go through to get background info. The dev thought it was too different from the direction the game went so he relegated it to this format instead of starting the game from the beginning.

So, since I have yet to play any of the game, I'm assuming the characters from the spoiler scene at the beginning are still a part of the current game. The girls briefly shown are still on the ship or at least still a part of the story and the MC's life, yes?

This is my problem with the spoiler trailer, if these characters are still important and the background info from the beginning of the game is still relevant, then why is playing the flashback sequence optional? Does it not add anything to the game? If it doesn't then why have the spoiler intro? All I learn from the spoiler is that the MC had a small ship, fucked some girls, lost those girls and now has a bigger ship. Do none of those details matter? If they are important, then I want to experience them for myself. I don't want to have them half spoiled before I see them.

My biggest suggestion has always been to start the game from the beginning. If the dev is that concerned about the change in game mechanics, he can put a disclaimer at the beginning. Since the dev has already stated that he will never do that, my suggestion is to completely get rid of the intro trailer and just have text at the beginning like Star Wars setting up the state of the galaxy or whatever. Then have the option to 'see how I got here' to play the beginning or start from wherever the story starts now.

As it is now, I don't even want to see the flashback/old beginning of the game because it's already been quasi spoiled and I don't want to play the current game because I feel like the beginning is probably important and I have no desire to get that background info because it was spoiled. Do you see my issue? The first time I see the girls in the game, I'll already know we hook up, they cheat (I think, again all I have is vague impressions from the intro), and now I have a bigger ship. But I don't want to know all that when I start a game fresh. I want to be surprised. Starting a story in the middle is not a new tactic in storytelling and I'm fine with that concept, but for it to be effective, the flashbacks have to give new information that is relevant to the current plot. Just giving a vague impression of what happened is more frustrating than helpful or informative.

Okay, I've rambled on enough. I probably should plan out my posts better, but I tend to write what I think in the moment with no filter and sometimes it gets me into trouble. If you're still reading this, let me finalize my thoughts. In my opinion, the spoiler intro fails in every way. It gives enough info to make playing the flashback irrelevant without actually explaining anything. So, either scrap the intro or make the intro better at explaining what actually happened and scrap the flashback in the console. Of course the best option, in my opinion will always be to just start the game from the original beginning. It tends to be the best place to start a story.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
So, since I have yet to play any of the game, I'm assuming the characters from the spoiler scene at the beginning are still a part of the current game. The girls briefly shown are still on the ship or at least still a part of the story and the MC's life, yes?

This is my problem with the spoiler trailer, if these characters are still important and the background info from the beginning of the game is still relevant, then why is playing the flashback sequence optional? Does it not add anything to the game? If it doesn't then why have the spoiler intro? All I learn from the spoiler is that the MC had a small ship, fucked some girls, lost those girls and now has a bigger ship. Do none of those details matter? If they are important, then I want to experience them for myself. I don't want to have them half spoiled before I see them.

My biggest suggestion has always been to start the game from the beginning. If the dev is that concerned about the change in game mechanics, he can put a disclaimer at the beginning. Since the dev has already stated that he will never do that, my suggestion is to completely get rid of the intro trailer and just have text at the beginning like Star Wars setting up the state of the galaxy or whatever. Then have the option to 'see how I got here' to play the beginning or start from wherever the story starts now.
Well, not to pull your leg but, by the way you tell it, it seems the flashback has spoiled you almost everything wrong (yes, the girls shown are still on the ship). I do understand you point, though. It is an odd way to introduce a game and probably presenting the whole backstory as an optional intro at the beginning would feeel more natural. That way new players can know about the history of the characters and veterans can just skip it. And all of them would still have the option to replay it the way it's now, by watching it at the computer. But it's also true that, that intro being a long kinetic novel, this could scare off some players after clicking and clicking for several minutes without any choice; and others wouldn't understand the radical change in the game mechanics after that intro ends. My main concern, though, is that either way you're basically thrown into the game without knowing what to do exactly. Now at least there's a short "tutorial" that explains the upper bar functions and the navigation/quest screens.

That said, I don't have any strong feelings about that strange intro. Probably because first thing I did in the game was to watch the backstory. I understood those fast clips and just start to play the actual game with the whole picture of the crew in my head. The info is not THAT relevant, as its most important bits are mentioned later during the normal game

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes