RJ4547

Feb 12, 2019
hahaha.... since when is pleasing girls with sex optional? Not in Callisto Universe...or this one, i think...?
Well since this is adult game, sex is more than norma think to do here. The thing some games you can be a player or be faithful.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Well since this is adult game, sex is more than norma think to do here. The thing some games you can be a player or be faithful.
No argument. Yes, in this game also, you can choose to be faithful to one girl if you want.

But if you do, think about it. You have a 'ship full of attractive, nubile women' with more than one wanting your affection (as the game progresses). So keeping the crew, or as many of them as possible, happy implies 'sharing the wealth.' (After all this is a harem game)
And that is where Xavister shows genius in giving you the challenge of 'balancing' their affections in order to 'keep the peace'.
Go ahead, give only one girl your affections and watch what happens...

I think this pretty well mirrors what you'd find in a real life situation. Some are possessive. Some are 'liberal.' Some are in between. But let things get too one sided and. . . it could be fun. :)

BUT Hey, You're the Captain. It is YOUR SHIP. Go ahead... Do whatever you want. (but save your game)

RJ4547

Feb 12, 2019
No argument. Yes, in this game also, you can choose to be faithful to one girl if you want.

But if you do, think about it. You have a 'ship full of attractive, nubile women' with more than one wanting your affection (as the game progresses). So keeping the crew, or as many of them as possible, happy implies 'sharing the wealth.' (After all this is a harem game)
And that is where Xavister shows genius in giving you the challenge of 'balancing' their affections in order to 'keep the peace'.
Go ahead, give only one girl your affections and watch what happens...

I think this pretty well mirrors what you'd find in a real life situation. Some are possessive. Some are 'liberal.' Some are in between. But let things get too one sided and. . . it could be fun. :)

BUT Hey, You're the Captain. It is YOUR SHIP. Go ahead... Do whatever you want. (but save your game)
Yeah man, I get what you mean, even if not harem games, you can have girls outside relationship, but that’s cheating. Yes you can be faithful or just have it all, woman are jealous of one another, no matter what. You treat good one girl, they jealous, you have harem, they jealous, doesn’t matter, it’s adult game it’s fuck all or just one, it choice. I honestly love this kind of games, one guy, lot of girls, though decisions.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
compress?
As a little note, the game is actually fairly heavily compressed in terms of using appropriate file formats (webp / webm). You will definitely notice a drop in quality if you download a compressed version (should it be created). The game already has 5212 images and 196 animations as of v0.50.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
As a little note, the game is actually fairly heavily compressed in terms of using appropriate file formats (webp / webm). You will definitely notice a drop in quality if you download a compressed version (should it be created). The game already has 5212 images and 196 animations as of v0.50.
yea but not all want to dl gigabytes everytime game updates.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
yea but not all want to dl gigabytes everytime game updates.
To which I can only say, "Compress at your own Risk"
You can't have your cake (hi-rez great renderings and animations) and eat it too (low sized downloads). Besides, in comparison to other games of this quality, this one is not bloated or huge. I don't know if the dev could make incremental updates but that depends on the game code, not his or your wishes. . . so we'll see as things progress.
So you're welcome to 'give it the squeeze' but be ready to troubleshoot your bugs yourself. Strange things happen, even to good games like Callisto.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
To which I can only say, "Compress at your own Risk"
You can't have your cake (hi-rez great renderings and animations) and eat it too (low sized downloads). Besides, in comparison to other games of this quality, this one is not bloated or huge. I don't know if the dev could make incremental updates but that depends on the game code, not his or your wishes. . . so we'll see as things progress.
So you're welcome to 'give it the squeeze' but be ready to troubleshoot your bugs yourself. Strange things happen, even to good games like Callisto.
Totally agree. The quality is damn good without being ridiculously large like some other games I've seen. When well is well leave well alone! :p

Nov 20, 2020
How many girls have sequal content/sleeping with MC? All of them? Kara has kind of foreplay, I was able to unlock Tiffany, Tanya and Lia ... How about other girls?

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
How many girls have sequal content/sleeping with MC? All of them? Kara has kind of foreplay, I was able to unlock Tiffany, Tanya and Lia ... How about other girls?
and I quote, "Discipline, 007, Discipline!"
(Scene where he's in a Aston Martin, DB-7 allowing himself to be passed by a '65 Mustang)

Yes you've got it right, . . .for now . . .more later... . . .maybe much more... ?

so, c'mon guys, hold yer horses...

"Anticipation makes the hard on harder," no? :cool:

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Granted I'm still in the first part of the prologue, but does the pacing get better further in the story? I love the concept but it's kinda just zoomin through shit like a powerpoint presentation lol

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Granted I'm still in the first part of the prologue, but does the pacing get better further in the story? I love the concept but it's kinda just zoomin through shit like a powerpoint presentation lol
Yes, I have to admit the pace of the prologue is too fast. The prologue was there to set the stage for the main game.

The actual game play is significantly slower. If you engage in trading / salvage which is intended to create immersion, the events also become more spaced.

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
I see a webp for a Piledriver button in images folder yet I never encountered it in-game. Did I miss something or is this intended for future updates?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I see a webp for a Piledriver button in images folder yet I never encountered it in-game. Did I miss something or is this intended for future updates?
The one in question hasn't been animated yet.

Created a number of buttons related to lewd actions in the Captain's room. The content here is readily expandable, I just have to create the animations. Not sure if I'll add any in the next update, however original intent was to add more.

Reactions: A.C.H.B.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Do not be misled by the sand in your box there, because actively running around waiting 4 events to trigger,

All the while morning by morning gurls keep sending you away from their table just because ...
you have not progressed their arc enough ... that gets tiresome fast and turns us furoius ..

Also the shower - get out while we make out - attitude them gurls have most of the time eats at us.

Yes, I have to admit the pace of the prologue is too fast. The prologue was there to set the stage for the main game.

The actual game play is significantly slower. If you engage in trading / salvage which is intended to create immersion, the events also become more spaced.
The more the merrier ... we never do have enough animation in these games around here,
just the extremes ... packed to the brim or scarce to click - stop picture by picture unfolding.

The one in question hasn't been animated yet.

Created a number of buttons related to lewd actions in the Captain's room. The content here is readily expandable, I just have to create the animations. Not sure if I'll add any in the next update, however original intent was to add more.

JollyGeorgieM

Apr 14, 2019
I have to say, I found this game extremely frustrating. From the prologue we get a ship and a crew in a linear play-by-play of past events - fair enough, as long as the actual story's gonna be much bigger and more epic than that. But surprise! Your crew of women consists of three lesbians, two bi girls (although possibly ALL of them are bi), and one love interest that's emphasized above all the others. That was pretty disheartening, to be honest. Furthermore, with this crew of "maybe/probablynots" you are cast adrift, with no guiding goal. "Go trade" seems to be the mission. That's really vague, but okay, I go out trying to raise a fortune. But there's nothing to spend it on, and jumping station to station for menial gains (or later scavenging for scraps more often than not) gets boring when there's no light at the end of the tunnel. What the fuck am I even doing? Day job simulator in space?

Even worse, the MC is Captain Bland. He's fine with being out of the military but has no aims or personal goals of his own, so he's like wallpaper paste that really does seem satisfied going back and forth swapping cargo with the Marvins. Where is this guy's ambition? What is he really trying to accomplish? If there really isn't going to be an over-arching grand storyline, can't we at least go on adventure episodes with an interesting character instead of a cardboard cutout? This guy could show up to a party, greet everyone there, stay all night, and still be asked the next day why he didn't come.

That's never more obvious than in the so-called main quests. When you realize there really isn't going to be an outside trigger for a main quest - you have to go to the gold star yourself to get anything rolling - you discover these main quests ARE OTHER CHARACTERS' STORIES. First of all, it might seem like admirable player choice to not start a storyline without the player's direct intervention - "the story waits for you!" - but it isn't. It leaves the player adrift, storyless, and only by meta-gaming do you instigate any sort of actual narrative. And in regards to these stories belonging to others, what does the MC actually do on his "main questlines"? You go sit on a couch while Tiffany develops and you help Lia become queen of her planet. YOU'RE A SIDE CHARACTER. And once each of those plotlines are over, there STILL isn't an overarching story for you or your crew, just the promise of some dude enacting a revenge plot against you while you go back to trading.

But aimlessness and a cardboard cutout of an MC are not even the end of the serious flaws here, because as long as you just actively pursue the map stars you'll at least have something to pass the time with. No, what really bugs me is the play-by-play prologue was indicative of the entire game's structure. There are hardly any choices aside from "which map star do you want to click now?". The only one I can remember supplying even mild variations in the entire main mission line was the Xylas base assault route, and it had no real weight in the end anyway. "Ya wanna go in the back or the front?" Who cares, it's the same result either way! Also, it really sucks to have no choice when you're forced to act stupidly; why the hell didn't we gather 3 crab bots from the get-go and deploy them all at once instead of blowing the element of surprise and waiting DAYS between exploding each enemy ship one by one IN THE EXACT SAME MANNER EVERY TIME? This was such a clever plan at the start, and then the execution...

"Hey, Cap, they figured out what we're doing! It's like trying the same tactic three times in a row isn't sneaky or something!"

Cap: *surprised Pikachu face*

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tl;dr: I hate that I have no control of my character's personality, and especially that he has no personality to speak of. I hate that there doesn't seem to be any compelling overarching story. I hate that the scant few choices are meaningless. And I dislike the MC not just tolerating but actively admiring characters I can't get rid of, as if the fact that I am forced to keep them around means I'm interested in pursuing a route with them. Any one of these aspects to a game would grind a person's gears, I think, but all of them at once really got under my skin (clearly lol). I played through twice, once basically avoiding the entire crew and once playing the way the game was intended to be played, and to be honest they were pretty similar experiences all told. That's no bueno.

I want to end off by saying despite how frustrating my experience was, I admired the trading system in place. I admired the forethought of including a map star system to limit sandbox boredom. I admired the creativity of the Faction system, even if I didn't like how it actually plays out currently. I thought the animations were really cool, the music was nice, and the plentiful references to other space fare was fun. I don't think this game is necessarily just not for me - which might be why I got so frustrated. There were diamonds in all this rough! But mining for them was absolutely aggravating.

In terms of a fix, my proposal is simple: more choices (that actually matter) and a personal story for the MC to go on and grow on. The personal story will give him a personality. The choices will give the story weight. All the creative, interesting systems already in place will supplement the story nicely, and if you still can't refuse some characters at least you'll see why. Defining the MC - and having him be the actual MC - is paramount to player engagement and I really think will drastically improve the overall experience. Right now this is more Lia's story, and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I hope this feedback was constructive in the end... sorry for the length of the comment. If you've read this far, thanks for sticking with it! I am aware this game is in development and lacking content, I understand I am not owed anything, and I recognize that I am just one voice in the void. So all I ask is that you at least consider if I might be on to something here. If in the end you decide I don't know nothin' about nothin', well, fair enough.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes