Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
There's hints and flashes that Alice is none too happy with Rachel's rather obvious attempts to play the field - including her literal man-handling in the shower after the basketball game. Julia was enough of a doctor to save MC's ass when he got knifed in the prologue, guess that was good enough.
Yeah and what does she want as payment ?
So with all due respect, fuckspace that *****
I would rather fly with a fallout robot than with her and i would still feel safer (at least for my LIs)

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
You would think that with all of the revamping and improving the author has done, they would have jazzed up the commodities market a bit, but no....

Code:
label trade_price:
    $ grain_b = round(32*(1+0.2*math.sin(day*0.25)),1)
    $ protein_b = round(180*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.2+3)),1)
    $ fuel_b = round(254*(1+0.08*math.sin(day*0.1+1)),1)
    $ machinery_b = round(86*(1+0.12*math.sin(day*0.25+4)),1)
    $ titanium_b = round(60*(1+0.15*math.sin(day*0.15+2)),1)
    $ beryllium_b = round(120*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.2+5)),1)

$ grain_g = round(40*(1+0.2*math.sin(day*0.2+2)),1)
    $ protein_g = round(200*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.25+3)),1)
    $ fuel_g = round(226*(1+0.08*math.sin(day*0.15+4)),1)
    $ machinery_g = round(74*(1+0.12*math.sin(day*0.2+1)),1)
    $ titanium_g = round(69*(1+0.15*math.sin(day*0.1)),1)
    $ beryllium_g = round(132*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.15+3)),1)

$ grain_r = round(48*(1+0.2*math.sin(day*0.1+4)),1)
    $ protein_r = round(220*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.15+5)),1)
    $ fuel_r = round(240*(1+0.08*math.sin(day*0.12+2)),1)
    $ machinery_r = round(80*(1+0.12*math.sin(day*0.22+5)),1)
    $ titanium_r = round(51*(1+0.15*math.sin(day*0.13+6)),1)
    $ beryllium_r = round(110*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.22+3)),1)
b=Pleides, g=Beehive and r=Orion sectors.

Python has a very nice random number module in its standard library to make things a bit spicier than a sinusoidal pattern. Also events can be put into the market news like panics and gluts. Don't forget the effect of the actions of grifty pirates trying to corner the market, or the Callisto version of Reddit sticking it to the Man when he tries to short sell the user community's childhood memories into the dumpster.
Have a few comments about the above:
- Did you realise that the commodities were controlled by sine functions before you looked at the code?
- Totally aware of the random function and they are used all over the place in the game. If you make the affect of a random number noticeable, you will frequently have the player loose money on a trade (pisses off the player). If it is small enough, to avoid this, it's pointless.
- Trying to model supply / demand aspects would require a system to advise the player of events that may affect the stock market. This could be news stories (too much effort or repeatable boring content). Alternatively an inventory quantity of the commodities in each sectors (doable, however how much would it really add to the game?). Also to have this make sense, you would need to store goods for more than just 1 day, which flies in the face of being a trader.
- Things like shorting, leverage, options etc. are all part of a stock market, however you are only a trader taking items from A to B.

When it comes down to it, the trading aspect is just a mechanic to increase immersion into the game. It's a sci fi game and not trading simulator 2137. The currently employed system is simple and effective and my focus is on other aspects of the game. From this point onwards, the mechanics in the game (trading / salvage / piracy) have been squared away and I am now predominately focused on story development.

PS: I recently played Mech Mechanic Simulator which has a stock market aspect, allowing you to purchase shares of the three main mech manufacturers. The system in this game is exploitable and completely breaks the finances in the game. Actually devising a decent system is a little harder than you think.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I would rather fly with a fallout robot than with her and i would still feel safer (at least for my LIs)
What does Julia want as payment? Why should I give a fuck what she wants? Tanya has already blown her off on a repeat of her prologue performance, and I could care less if she's turning Tiff into a bondage doll. I haven't yet had one meaningful interaction with her that wasn't forced in any of my playthroughs and hope there are never any more forced ones. But yeah, for story reasons I'm glad there's a doctor in the house.

Tiff, on the other hand... I'm totally convinced (especially after Xavster's post above) that Tiff's trading will never make me more money than my salvage operations. Every single weekly meeting she says "you'd think someone's avoiding me" and I always reply to my screen "and someday maybe you'll get the hint." I've no interest in her as a LI and don't believe in her usefulness even for plot purposes.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
LoL I cut that scene outta my version of the script. I really feel there should be a choice about stuff like that. Some may like it but others definitely don't.

Last edited:

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
So I disabled skip "unseen text" and went through the intro/prologue again, and besides one or two lines, everything skipped. The changelog says there's a new intro. Where is it? Surely you don't mean that scene before you can even start the prologue, that skipped even with unseen text disabled.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
So I disabled skip "unseen text" and went through the intro/prologue again, and besides one or two lines, everything skipped. The changelog says there's a new intro. Where is it? Surely you don't mean that scene before you can even start the prologue, that skipped even with unseen text disabled.
It's a new intro when you start a new game. The prologue has not been changed. The ship's AI gives you some context about your current situation.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
What does Julia want as payment? Why should I give a fuck what she wants? Tanya has already blown her off on a repeat of her prologue performance, and I could care less if she's turning Tiff into a bondage doll.
Yes Tanya made more than clear that she has no interest in Julia, i give no fucks what she wants either, but u don't have any say in it.
In the prologue when the mc gets stabed, sex with Tanya is her ''payment'' for saving mc's life and also the reason i really dislike her.

As for Tiffany i agree, i don't care what she does with her, as i have no interest in her.

LoL I cut that scene outta my version of the script.
Thats actually a good idea, although too late to unsee.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Yes Tanya made more than clear that she has no interest in Julia, i give no fucks what she wants either, but u don't have any say in it.
In the prologue when the mc gets stabed, sex with Tanya is her ''payment'' for saving mc's life and also the reason i really dislike her.
I don't know if it was new in this update or I just missed it but there is a scene with her where she demands "payment" from the MC, where you have to choice to fuck her or not and when you refuse she threatens you by saying she is going to find "payment" elsewhere if you won't do it. So she still seems to be gong on about it.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Without Julia, both the MC and one of your precious LIs would be dead already. The girls are crewmembers (without whom the MC would be utterly helpless), not the captains personal sex slaves.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I don't know if it was new in this update or I just missed it but there is a scene with her where she demands "payment" from the MC, where you have to choice to fuck her or not and when you refuse she threatens you by saying she is going to find "payment" elsewhere if you won't do it. So she still seems to be gong on about it.
I can't remember that scene, but the last version i played was 0.4...and honestly ever since the Rachel/Kara makeout scene, i completely ignore the events for Rachel/Julia/Tiffany, except the Tiffany events so that she learns the trading business.
If that threat of hers includes Tanya, i continue to ignore her until we get the option to threaten her, to keep her hands of Tanya...otoh if she wants to have fun with Alice/Tiffany/Rachel be my guest, the 4 of them can have daily orgies, i really coudn't care less.

Phuckya

Jun 25, 2018
It's a new intro when you start a new game. The prologue has not been changed. The ship's AI gives you some context about your current situation.
Hey Xavster,

I only recently started working my way through your story. I'm loving it and how much there is to do, but...
how much do I have to pay you to get footjobs and sleep sex featured? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They're probably my two favorite things in VNs and there's about a million opportunities for both in this, frankly, brilliant game.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hey Xavster,

I only recently started working my way through your story. I'm loving it and how much there is to do, but...
how much do I have to pay you to get footjobs and sleep sex featured? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They're probably my two favorite things in VNs and there's about a million opportunities for both in this, frankly, brilliant game.
So you want the MC to rape his crewmembers ? Do you want him to drug them first ? Way to go if you want to blow the trust they have in him into space. Julia letting the captain in on Tiffany's bondage sessions without her knowing is bad enough already.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
You will be happy to here that footjobs are planned for the next version. Sleep sex is just a little too far outside the norms of consent for my tastes.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I don’t understand why this game has free roam, but after adding it, I don’t understand at all where and in what sequence to press what would be fun.
click 1st bulb and go where is star and then talk to who is/are there etc.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
finished update and as usual it was nice but few things nagged like when tiff asks if course is to be set on veneer (or whatever it was) and captain replies to her not yet then there'll be no 2nd chance to say yes (and it doesn't appear on destinations either).

when played more on not yet path then at some point 1 of who doesn't visit on mc's bed (yet) decided to wear dress and come to mess hall but no appearance when i "restarted" that delivery path (selected it from quest list) that scene didn't happen so no idea if it happened or not (visit to gideon did happen so maybe dress scene did happen).

those who have access to captain's bed seem to want to be there 24/7 or lovepoints drop and for example with lia fucking her is basically only interaction with her normally.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I really like this game, my only complaint is that i preferred Alice's original look and hair.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes