PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
The Krillen weren't inspired by the Krill, however I can understand the assumption given the similarity in name and appearance. Perhaps the Krill affected by subconscious somehow.

I have taken a look at the save game. The Kara backstory immediately showed up when I forwarded though to morning. My best guess as to why this has not happened in your game, is that you consistently have company overnight, hence that part of the code which initiates the event is being bypassed. Would you please confirm whether this is the case.
You're right, that is the reason. But I my defence, why should I want to spend a night alone when I can have Tanya or Tiffany join me at night :giggle:
Still a bit weird that the second part of Kara's backstory had already triggered though.
Now that there's progress again, maybe the events in the kitchen with Lia and Tanya will progress as well. Until now, I repeatedly got 'Sorry, but we had breakfeast already' or something across those llines.

Reactions: Xavster

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Perhaps I'm blind but I was unable to find a way to go to Valeen for the side mission after declining to set course immediately (we had a cargo I wanted to drop off prior to the mission).

I tried speaking to both Tanya and Tiffany w/o luck before reverting to an earlier save.

In addition I'm not sure if Tiffany's ongoing jealous streak and her ability to obtain high powered illegal weaponry bodes well for the MC...
I think it's in the ship UI as one of the zones you can transfer to.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Perhaps I'm blind but I was unable to find a way to go to Valeen for the side mission after declining to set course immediately (we had a cargo I wanted to drop off prior to the mission).

I tried speaking to both Tanya and Tiffany w/o luck before reverting to an earlier save.

In addition I'm not sure if Tiffany's ongoing jealous streak and her ability to obtain high powered illegal weaponry bodes well for the MC...
When accepting the mission, the cargo in your hold will be sold at the relevant sector prices. Following this, it will be filled with 80 grain. By the sounds of it, you have declined the mission completely, which will not allow you to travel to Valeen at all. You can check this by going to the quest tracker and seeing whether the 3b side mission is green or red.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
When accepting the mission, the cargo in your hold will be sold at the relevant sector prices. Following this, it will be filled with 80 grain. By the sounds of it, you have declined the mission completely, which will not allow you to travel to Valeen at all. You can check this by going to the quest tracker and seeing whether the 3b side mission is green or red.
I can assure you that is not the case. I've already reverted my saves in order to go on the mission but I loaded the save right before and checked again. I accepted going there from Denear but chose the 'Not just yet' option from Tiffany. This kicked me to the cargo hold (which was already filled with grain). From there I checked quests which showed 3b as green but when looking at the ship navigation Valeen isn't shown as a destination (either with the grain in the hold or after selling it).

However Valeen does show up as a course choice in the cockpit IF you have a hold full of grain which is why I couldn't initially trigger it before reverting saves.

I fixed the issue earlier by just setting course immediately but it does seem a bit finicky if you don't choose that option.
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Radar is so World War II. While you can do wonderful things with phased arrays, EM pulses in a radar are not coherent and will disperse over interplanetary distances. There's also a limit to their wavelength and thus a limit to how small they can resolve objects (resolution).

Lidar is basically a radar that uses lasers instead of microwaves. Since it is coherent, the pulses will be able to stay "intact" over those vast distances while still having enough energy for their backscatter from a pirate ship to be picked up by a sensor. We have been using lasers to measure the distance from the Earth to the Moon since the Apollo program set up reflecters at several lunar landing sites.

The old TV series Space: Above and Beyond actually got this right by referring to the use of Lidars on their Hammerhead fighters.

Using common animations is a matter of reducing development time. There will be some additional animations added and I will endeavour to vary these. As a bit of a guide the baseline animation takes about 4 hours and applying and tweaking to another character takes about 1/2 hour. If all of them were unique and I allocated the same time to develop, you would have about 1/3 of the current lewd content in the Captain's room.

professorx10 noticed this a few days ago and have corrected in my live version.

I have had a look at the code and it doesn't appear possible. If possible would you please upload a save game.

I'll adjust from Sonar to Radar. As far as the Krillen, their appearance is predominately a result of the Daz asset that was procured. I assume you are referring to a resemblance to Bortus?

Reactions: Moonis

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I can assure you that is not the case. I've already reverted my saves in order to go on the mission but I loaded the save right before and checked again. I accepted going there from Denear but chose the 'Not just yet' option from Tiffany. This kicked me to the cargo hold (which was already filled with grain). From there I checked quests which showed 3b as green but when looking at the ship navigation Valeen isn't shown as a destination (either with the grain in the hold or after selling it).

However Valeen does show up as a course choice in the cockpit IF you have a hold full of grain which is why I couldn't initially trigger it before reverting saves.

I fixed the issue earlier by just setting course immediately but it does seem a bit finicky if you don't choose that option.
View attachment 1150631 View attachment 1150632 View attachment 1150633
I didn't include Valeen in the map interface. You can travel there if you speak to Tanya on the bridge. I have also added a star on the bridge in the map interface to show how to continue the mission in v0.62. Version v0.62 should be available shortly on F95, just waiting on staff to update.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

qwerton

Jul 14, 2018
I didn't include Valeen in the map interface. You can travel there if you speak to Tanya on the bridge. I have also added a star on the bridge in the map interface to show how to continue the mission in v0.62. Version v0.62 should be available shortly on F95, just waiting on staff to update.
I tried game first time so far good story and characters. Cant wait for more story and crew interactions. btw its probably only my opinion but transformed alice's hair looks like she came straight from shower and in weekly meeting she has old model

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
You would think that with all of the revamping and improving the author has done, they would have jazzed up the commodities market a bit, but no....

Code:
label trade_price:
    $ grain_b = round(32*(1+0.2*math.sin(day*0.25)),1)
    $ protein_b = round(180*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.2+3)),1)
    $ fuel_b = round(254*(1+0.08*math.sin(day*0.1+1)),1)
    $ machinery_b = round(86*(1+0.12*math.sin(day*0.25+4)),1)
    $ titanium_b = round(60*(1+0.15*math.sin(day*0.15+2)),1)
    $ beryllium_b = round(120*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.2+5)),1)

$ grain_g = round(40*(1+0.2*math.sin(day*0.2+2)),1)
    $ protein_g = round(200*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.25+3)),1)
    $ fuel_g = round(226*(1+0.08*math.sin(day*0.15+4)),1)
    $ machinery_g = round(74*(1+0.12*math.sin(day*0.2+1)),1)
    $ titanium_g = round(69*(1+0.15*math.sin(day*0.1)),1)
    $ beryllium_g = round(132*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.15+3)),1)

$ grain_r = round(48*(1+0.2*math.sin(day*0.1+4)),1)
    $ protein_r = round(220*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.15+5)),1)
    $ fuel_r = round(240*(1+0.08*math.sin(day*0.12+2)),1)
    $ machinery_r = round(80*(1+0.12*math.sin(day*0.22+5)),1)
    $ titanium_r = round(51*(1+0.15*math.sin(day*0.13+6)),1)
    $ beryllium_r = round(110*(1+0.1*math.sin(day*0.22+3)),1)
b=Pleides, g=Beehive and r=Orion sectors.

Python has a very nice random number module in its standard library to make things a bit spicier than a sinusoidal pattern. Also events can be put into the market news like panics and gluts. Don't forget the effect of the actions of grifty pirates trying to corner the market, or the Callisto version of Reddit sticking it to the Man when he tries to short sell the user community's childhood memories into the dumpster.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Callisto v0.62.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Didn't play the last 2 updates and seeing that this is a update for Kara.
Do we have finaly the option to say that Rachel should keep her hands of Kara, or she get spaced ?
Same fore the Doc and her obession for Tanya ?

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Didn't play the last 2 updates and seeing that this is a update for Kara.
Do we have finaly the option to say that Rachel should keep her hands of Kara, or she get spaced ?
Not yet. The dev has said we will get the option to affect Rachel's relationship with Kara in the next version(fucking finally!). In regards to the doc she is to busy doing bondage sessions with Tiffany in this update to talk about Tanya.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Not yet. The dev has said we will get the option to affect Rachel's relationship with Kara in the next version(fucking finally!). In regards to the doc she is to busy doing bondage sessions with Tiffany in this update to talk about Tanya.
Good to know, than i will skip this update, i can't stomach Rachel...
Thought, i dislike the doc even more, ever since she basically blackmailed Tanya for sex in the prologue...i really want to sell her to the Krillen as a (sex)slave, or space her.
I really wish there was a option to get rid of those 2 permanently, but as long as they keep their hands off Tanya, Kara and Lia i'm good, for the rest i honestly don't care.

As for Tiffany, i have no interest in her, luckily, if the only option is to have her trained by the Doc, i'd rather ignore her completely than pursue her.

Reactions: erkper

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Good to know, than i will skip this update, i can't stomach Rachel...
Thought, i dislike the doc even more, ever since she basically blackmailed Tanya for sex in the prologue...i really want to sell her to the Krillen as a (sex)slave, or space her.
I really wish there was a option to get rid of those 2 permanently, but as long as they keep their hands off Tanya, Kara and Lia i'm good, for the rest i honestly don't care.

As for Tiffany, i have no interest in her, luckily, if the only option is to have her trained by the Doc, i'd rather ignore her completely than pursue her.
Yeah apart from Kara I honestly don't give a shit about the other characters and as long as they keep there hands off her I really don't care what they do. The only reason I know about the scenes with Tiffany is because I found out you need to talk to the doctor to progress the Kara date quest and the bondage stuff came up when I was doing her events. I usually just ignore everyone but Kara and the main story when I play this game.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Wooo! You love to hear it. I can't help but agree with everyone saying Tanya/Kara/Lia > The Others. Rachel and Doc need to back off, and Tiffany is... fine I guess. She can hang out, but that's it.
I'd say Rachel is fine I guess - if she kept her damn hands off my favorite alien. Tiff is useless whiney ballast using up oxygen on my ship. I guess for plot reasons it makes sense to keep a doctor on board.

Reactions: intubos

intubos

Jan 27, 2020
I'd say Rachel is fine I guess - if she kept her damn hands off my favorite alien. Tiff is useless whiney ballast using up oxygen on my ship. I guess for plot reasons it makes sense to keep a doctor on board.
That's fair. I'd probably like Rachel a lot more too if she stayed in her own relationship. Gotta wonder what Alice thinks of her doing that. As for the doctor I'd probably try to get a real one

Reactions: erkper

erkper

May 16, 2018
That's fair. I'd probably like Rachel a lot more too if she stayed in her own relationship. Gotta wonder what Alice thinks of her doing that. As for the doctor I'd probably try to get a real one
There's hints and flashes that Alice is none too happy with Rachel's rather obvious attempts to play the field - including her literal man-handling in the shower after the basketball game. Julia was enough of a doctor to save MC's ass when he got knifed in the prologue, guess that was good enough.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes