Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to consider an alternative viewpoint.

I would also note that there is a specific tag for a 'harem ending', yet another that isn't applied to the game. From a personnel perspective, a long term harem situation is an unbalanced relationship. Essentially the female wishes take a back seat and is there to satisfy the whims of the male. The female characters in Callisto are simply too developed in terms of goals / aspirations to accept that situation long term. If I was to contrive an ending of that nature, it would actually detract from the relevant female characters.
I completely disagree based on your writing and visuals. Every single one of the characters were doing threesomes all the way up to the end. Why would they all of a sudden have a problem with sharing going forward with those they were already doing threesomes with? Again, it doesn't make sense. Even though I realize now that a harem tag can include only one person at the end, however for your story it doesn't make sense to have that kind of ending.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
First off. Congratulations on a game well done!
Enjoyed it very much.

I did want to get the Lia ending, but was not possible:
Searching and reading through comments it seems like my final battle was not good enough?

So a couple of questions
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Enjoyed it very much.

Searching and reading through comments it seems like my final battle was not good enough?

So a couple of questions
I have save, just scroll back, maybe a page or 2 at end with all choices
When you have option where you steal the necklace I gave it to caleb, when he quit he returns it, and then gave it to breana and helped her against nyobi
first time I played couldn't even trigger the side missions except first one and breana got nuked by nyobi so I started again because I knew something was wrong
My save has 99.9% of game done only missing 1 thing and doing it on this run, also had a question for dev which gonna post in a few seconds
If you using mod for final battle just follow instructions

Reactions: PapaPhat

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Xavster gonna bug you again, on my 2nd run I choose 1st option on this run getting game to 100% I choose the bottom option, does game change due to the option I made? Screenshot_1.png

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I have save, just scroll back, maybe a page or 2 at end with all choices
When you have option where you steal the necklace I gave it to caleb, when he quit he returns it, and then gave it to breana and helped her against nyobi
first time I played couldn't even trigger the side missions except first one and breana got nuked by nyobi so I started again because I knew something was wrong
My save has 99.9% of game done only missing 1 thing and doing it on this run, also had a question for dev which gonna post in a few seconds
If you using mod for final battle just follow instructions
So I did not even see Breana getting nuked. She just told me the time is now to help her, and the next meeting she is missing...

So if you help Breana, should the scene trigger automatically?

In any case, wanna try without your Save for now...

Reactions: chicho1958

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
So I did not even see Breana getting nuked. She just told me the time is now to help her, and the next meeting she is missing...

She tells you to help her on a mission, I think you had to destroy one of nyobi ships
If you just started before you go dione try do all side missions they trigger in behieve,also what I did was skip the golden star to trigger game quests triggered it when had all I could do, then I triggered it,that way I got most of miscellaneous events, the hardest one to obtain was the one that says ALL . Save a lot because you had to advance in game to trigger it but was before 1st battle if not you get a BYPass, I think I did the first mission to get the spider but did it before getting 2nd spider, like I said save a lot.
Saw my post where I asked dev? I have save there, also gonna have another save with that ALL done, will let you know when I trigger it, the ALL is where all your crew plays the drinking game.
One thing I did when I started was got all trading lessons and by doing that I skipped a gold star for a couple weeks because when you clicked on gold star you get Sam and if you don't have all trading lessons except 2 which triggers after the gold star you'll get bypass on the others.
Even dev said didn't matter for game but some people(like me) like to get game 100%, like the original ff7 getting all materia maxed for all(+300hours played)
Hope you understand English not my main language

Reactions: Alfius

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
The same happened to me and then I took a look at the code and, for Lia's Finale to show up, there's a condition "fleet_sup > 849" which I think means you need to have at least 850 ships, so I wasn't good enough at the Final Battle...
And I just erased the condition to see Lia's Finale so I don't know what's the non-cheating solution, but...

Fleet strength less than 850 ? Did you antagonise the whole universe ? I got 1800+.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
The same happened to me and then I took a look at the code and, for Lia's Finale to show up, there's a condition "fleet_sup > 849" which I think means you need to have at least 850 ships, so I wasn't good enough at the Final Battle...
And I just erased the condition to see Lia's Finale so I don't know what's the non-cheating solution, but...

Was everyone your ally? Even the pirates
Also you could use the mod and write down the steps then do it without the mod, but for that you gonna have to install the mod then reinstall game again to erase mod because mod takes some of your files, or copy files that mod uses and put them in another folder
On this run I'm concentrating more on game rather than speed run it, that way I can be of better help, but also ask Dev he comes here a lot and helps, got a few answers from him.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017

Thank for the advice, I adjusted my strategy, and viola! sucess, now Lia is avalable.
(Only Rhean did not join my fleet)

She tells you to help her on a mission, I think you had to destroy one of nyobi ships
If you just started before you go dione try do all side missions they trigger in behieve,also what I did was skip the golden star to trigger game quests triggered it when had all I could do, then I triggered it,that way I got most of miscellaneous events, the hardest one to obtain was the one that says ALL . Save a lot because you had to advance in game to trigger it but was before 1st battle if not you get a BYPass, I think I did the first mission to get the spider but did it before getting 2nd spider, like I said save a lot.
Saw my post where I asked dev? I have save there, also gonna have another save with that ALL done, will let you know when I trigger it, the ALL is where all your crew plays the drinking game.
One thing I did when I started was got all trading lessons and by doing that I skipped a gold star for a couple weeks because when you clicked on gold star you get Sam and if you don't have all trading lessons except 2 which triggers after the gold star you'll get bypass on the others.
Even dev said didn't matter for game but some people(like me) like to get game 100%, like the original ff7 getting all materia maxed for all(+300hours played)
Hope you understand English not my main language
So I am a bit annoyed that the Breanna battle did not trigger for me... :(
The thing with a sandbox game, is something like that can spoil the game a bit. You don't know if it's a bug or if you did something wrong. I re-did the Council meeting where I offer Rhea the necklace and offered her my assistance, but then nothing came from it (She just missing from the next meeting).

It's quite a long game to replay from the start again for just a small scene that's missed. But it is a pity, since it put's a negative on an otherwise awesome game. It's still possible that I did something wrong, but... who knows.
Thanks for you help. I eventually managed to get Lia by just adjusting my battle strategy a bit.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Thank for the advice, I adjusted my strategy, and viola! sucess, now Lia is avalable.
(Only Rhean did not join my fleet)

So I am a bit annoyed that the Breanna battle did not trigger for me... :(
The thing with a sandbox game, is something like that can spoil the game a bit. You don't know if it's a bug or if you did something wrong. I re-did the Council meeting where I offer Rhea the necklace and offered her my assistance, but then nothing came from it (She just missing from the next meeting).

It's quite a long game to replay from the start again for just a small scene that's missed. But it is a pity, since it put's a negative on an otherwise awesome game. It's still possible that I did something wrong, but... who knows.
Thanks for you help. I eventually managed to get Lia by just adjusting my battle strategy a bit.
Ahhh I think I remember now after the battle in which you help her then it's when you give her the necklace, btw just finish the 3 spider missions, I'm that far in game so far all done nothing left behind, will try make save at the battle you missed so you can see it, I might be mistaken just can't remember it all I just knew I had everyone on my side, ahhh also since you weren't using mod, when you talk with nyobi after battle there was 2 answers first answer was you can't always choose who you want and 2nd let her go with her fleet, the mod gives you right answer but also helps you boost everything, you could've avoided that part and only used the right answers. I also found a little trick if you don't want cheat, when scavenging save before and if the ship you want ain't there reload save,ships change, in 2 trips made over 20k, then did some trading, always 2 scavenge the rest trading so everyone makes money

Reactions: PapaPhat and Alfius

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Alfius got all miscellaneous and all main/side quests up to that point, have 3 saves so far, 1st where first decision comes"where the heart takes you" "to be with one and grow old"(pasted png on post asking Dev if that had game changing just scroll up)3rd is where I have all done so far, in my 99.9 game was missing 1 thing and got it already, now heading to dione to train the troops before 1st battle,will save before breonas mission so you can check it out.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Xavster gonna bug you again, on my 2nd run I choose 1st option on this run getting game to 100% I choose the bottom option, does game change due to the option I made? View attachment 1767729
The selection only changes the expression in the following image, it doesn't change anything permanent.

Enjoyed it very much.

So a couple of questions
The overall battle situation is complicated, taking into account many previous decisions. I will detail some of this complexity in the spoilers below.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Ahhh I think I remember now after the battle in which you help her then it's when you give her the necklace, btw just finish the 3 spider missions, I'm that far in game so far all done nothing left behind, will try make save at the battle you missed so you can see it, I might be mistaken just can't remember it all I just knew I had everyone on my side, ahhh also since you weren't using mod, when you talk with nyobi after battle there was 2 answers first answer was you can't always choose who you want and 2nd let her go with her fleet, the mod gives you right answer but also helps you boost everything, you could've avoided that part and only used the right answers. I also found a little trick if you don't want cheat, when scavenging save before and if the ship you want ain't there reload save,ships change, in 2 trips made over 20k, then did some trading, always 2 scavenge the rest trading so everyone makes money
If you play through side mission 3, you will get upgraded scanners which greatly increases your potential to find a good ship during salvaging. With lightly damaged high end salvage ships you can get in excess of 10k income with the correct decisions in terms of what areas to salvage and negotiating with Saurital.

Reactions: chicho1958

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018

It plays out in the background. The single image of Breana indicating that the demonstration of force is needed, is to remind the player of what was agreed to previously. Just keeps these dealings in mind when you go into the next council meeting.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
If you play through side mission 3, you will get upgraded scanners which greatly increases your potential to find a good ship during salvaging. With lightly damaged high end salvage ships you can get in excess of 10k income with the correct decisions in terms of what areas to salvage and negotiating with Saurital.
I use mod have enough money to buy half the galaxy didn't want to buy your half, also if I didn't cheat I save before checking ships if there ain't the good ones I just reload save, same for selling the parts, always make a good chunk, maybe 3rd run of game will play without cheating but will have to grind a lot, good thing till you don't hit the gold star main quest won't advance can stay weeks grinding. I appreciate all the help, in final track got all done except last 4 main misions and 3 on other side but they pop when I advance game, so this run will complete 100%.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
This is the bit that I'm interested in. Will try it out tonight.
I did my playthrough giving her help, but not giving her the necklace (Was still hoping for a Caleb restoration). Will do it this way around now. Thanks.

Your game was very good and I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks!

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
I completely disagree based on your writing and visuals. Every single one of the characters were doing threesomes all the way up to the end. Why would they all of a sudden have a problem with sharing going forward with those they were already doing threesomes with? Again, it doesn't make sense. Even though I realize now that a harem tag can include only one person at the end, however for your story it doesn't make sense to have that kind of ending.
Many adult visual novels have a cut off point where the player has to choose between different girls. This one chose to do it right at the very end so that's why I think it wasn't well received by some players. Tiffany, Lia and Tanya seem disappointed if you didn't choose them so this led to a bittersweet ending for some (especially us harem fans). Outside of this particular issue there's a lot of positive things to be said about Callisto. And the list of changes the dev mentioned should definitely help with the next game's story writing and endings.

Reactions: PapaPhat
4.20 star(s) 118 Votes