KungFuKitteh2

Jun 9, 2017
How is this a sequel? I thought the other one was abandoned
It's not so much a 'sequel,' as more of a 'reboot.'

The dev tried switching game engines in the middle of making the first game, which caused it to kinda go tits-up. So yeah, that one IS abandoned. It sounds like this "sequel" is basically just him trying to restart with a clean slate.

I can see how some people would find that a little sketch, but he's still putting out updates, so can't complain too much. Even if it is slow going...

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I had high hopes for the original Unity version of Camp Pinewood. A fresh idea with lovely art, loveable characters, and a plausible story for this universe. Unfortunately, it seems VaultMan has driven his car through a brick wall and can't quite pick up the pieces.

I no longer have such hopes. I'll keep an eye on this remake out as there's always a possibility he can bounce back, but I'm not holding my breath.

P.S.: Technical Previews are not considered actual releases.

te2w

Dec 20, 2018
I don't know if anyone said it yet, but you might wanna overthink the abbreviation "cp" for the game, just sayin'...

junetheslut

Feb 3, 2021
i got to ask why the first one was never finished and yet there's a sequel , if the first one was

[Abandoned] Camp Pinewood 2 i bet will have the same fate

slayerfox

May 19, 2018
i got to ask why the first one was never finished and yet there's a sequel , if the first one was

[Abandoned] Camp Pinewood 2 i bet will have the same fate
It's been answered before... literally on the same page as your comment. Basically, this is less of a sequel and more of a reboot.
The original Camp Pinewood was made in Unity, but approx. half way through development, the Dev decided to swap over to Ren'Py. This turned out to be a very, very bad idea; the Ren'Py version was horrible. So, the dev, who had apparently deleted the Unity files after porting the game over to ren'py (understandable; he didn't want a depreciated version of the game sitting around if he was never going to do anything with it), and so, instead of re-porting the game back to Unity, he decided it would be best just to have a fresh start and so started making this.

3.00 star(s) 14 Votes